Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? (19609 Views)

Normal Or Mini Laptop: Which One Is Better? / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best / Classmate Pc Vs. Olpc Cm1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Bawss1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
runzlord: tablet pc or laptop it does not concern me. What concern me is
#TeamLenovoYoga
you can call it a tablet, laptop or pc

Correct guy.

Yeah this form factor brings together the best of both worlds. Dell recently joined the "yoga" club with the Inspiron 11 3000.
For those who don't really mind the slight extra weight (when in slate form) I say 2-in-1s are the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Leopantro: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Well, larger screen size, bigger memory, and how well can u run a proteus (engineering prog) on a tablet? If u want a tablet dat can match up wit a pc, be ready to spend quite a fortune which most average youths can't afford(considering d fact dat, its just a show thing for them).
For people who are saying portability? How about a mini laptop.
u cant even transfer files on a tablet to a flash drive, burn on a cd. U cant even connect a tablet to a projector(those that work in a MNC will understand this)
See, many advantages of a laptop.
Tablet is also good, but all i can see here is checking of mails, surfing of internet which blackberry, nokia phones, iphones can do.
I have a laptop, and i'll also buy a tablet soon, just to show dat i have a tablet and nowadays, people carry suitcase for hand all in d name of tablet, i wanna catch d fever cool

actually, you can transfer files from a tablet to a flashdrive if you have a USB adaptor and with the advent of printers and photocopiers with wifi capabilities you can sync your tablet with these devices. i print from my tablet via USB and wifi. for now you can't print on CDs with a tablet, except if you can compile the drivers.

but i would have to go for laptop. i have been eyeing that Windows Surface but i recently bought a HP mini laptop with pavilion 10 with touchscreen, dual core, 4gig RAM, 500 hdd and an extra battery. just don't understand why i need an expensive tablet
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Same here, I honestly think that Windows Tablets with Core i5 and Core i7 are the way to go. In 2015, The 2 in 1 devices will even be better. They will be on the next gen Broadwell CPUs all with Iris Graphics. I think you will be quite satisfied with what they can do. Even right now I love having a device that serves as both a Laptop and a Tablet at the same time.

I look forward to it.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by bongolistik(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
all those mentionin tablets saying we ar in d 21st abi 24th century, dis dat. that is one big problem u folks hav, especialy d ladies, dey tink dat anything dat is trendy always be d best. Ask dem nw wht dey do wit dier tablet, it is nothing more dan facebooking nd visiting NL, den d wil manage 2 use it 4 movies nd d rest is jst 4 flaunting nd showing class, meanwhile most of dem got d gadget as gifts 4rm d rich mugus.. Al dier mouth like
Tablet
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Well, larger screen size, bigger memory, and how well can u run a proteus (engineering prog) on a tablet? If u want a tablet dat can match up wit a pc, be ready to spend quite a fortune which most average youths can't afford(considering d fact dat, its just a show thing for them).
For people who are saying portability? How about a mini laptop.
u cant even transfer files on a tablet to a flash drive, burn on a cd. U cant even connect a tablet to a projector(those that work in a MNC will understand this)
See, many advantages of a laptop.
Tablet is also good, but all i can see here is checking of mails, surfing of internet which blackberry, nokia phones, iphones can do.
I have a laptop, and i'll also buy a tablet soon, just to show dat i have a tablet and nowadays, people carry suitcase for hand all in d name of tablet, i wanna catch d fever cool

Wrong, you can have an external DVD CD burner and flash drives on Windows tablets educate yourself please. Everything a Windows tablet can do, you can do on a laptop. It's all about the operating system and processor power nothing else.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
fattbabakay: "#TeamLaptop ... Makes
programming easier " ..I'm sure u ddnt see dat!

That's nonsense, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric: Well, the simple truth here us that as long as tablets don't have fans,they'll never be built to perform as gud as their laptop counterparts.....take for example a laptop with a core i7 chip would perform wayyyy better than a tablet with a supposed same core i7 chip in it...run a benchmark test on d two devices you'll see that a core i7 chip on a pc built to self-cool therfore well clocked to perform faster is more sophisticated can an i7 chip in an enclosed device like a tab....Don't look at specs people,look at output of d components d manufacturers use....tablets go dey fry if same components used in laptops are introduced in them.#endofstory

PS...I'm yet to see a tablet with a fan Lool and doubt if it would ever happen....same reason why an updated desktop is d best for gaming is d reason a laptop is gonna be more efficient dan a tablet anyday....d bigger,d better lol

Google Surface Pro 3.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Laptop it is
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Acidosis(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
LOLLL

How can tablets replace Laptops when the most expensive tablet is yet to replace the cheapest Desktop? We can only talk about Tablet/Laptop after tablets must have replaced all the desktops in offices, banks, et cetera..

Tablet can only replace laptops whose purposes are based on watching movies (not movie editing using Adobe pre..), surfing (not website design/development), typing on nairaland and facebook status (not typing a 25,000 word thesis), editing photo via picmix (not Adobe photoshop/Corel Draw), the list is endless.

Some people will run at loss if they ever replace their desktops/laptops with Tablets. Meanwhile, I'm yet to see that app, or device that can do the wonders of an optical mouse, bluetooth mouse.

Tablet PC or 3-1 PC can do better, but not an android based 7-10" tablet!
Mind you, I do not regard "Tablet pcs" running ms as tablets, not after you must have attached a keyboard and a mouse cheesy They are nothing but flat screen monitors with in built processors smiley

Khaki nor be leather o, and owo ya to so wo
smiley

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by 573V31D(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dont freak yourself...tablet will not replace pc even in next 10years...but for light users(surf d net, play game, music, simple word task, etc) it can.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

Google Surface Pro 3.
Bro come on!!!!!.....a surface pro 3 is just a device with specs in paper but got nothing wen it comes to performance, can u imagine it sports an Intel 4400 graphics card?dat sh..it won't play gta 4 talk less battlefield 4 or even 3....I'll still say it that no tab would smell d benchmark rating a good high end laptop would get....but if you're just a computer user sha,and use just Microsoft office tools and play solitaire then you'll say d surface pro 3 is amazing

But if u use a computer d way I do,making it really hottt,then u need something with a fan lol....cos you'll have so much hardware under d device's hood to cool
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Bigsteveg(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Wrong, you can have an external DVD CD burner and flash drives on Windows tablets educate yourself please. Everything a Windows tablet can do, you can do on a laptop. It's all about the operating system and processor power nothing else.

Can see there's no point in educating u, ure telling someone to educate himself..xcuse me!!!
Where's the portability in d tablet when u av to carry a tablet, carry external cd rom and co..everything compressed in a laptop. No point arguing wit u jare
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Iceman296: I'll Use Tablets When they make the ones that play CD and DVD. Until then, Still Rocking My Toshiba.

You are not current. Tablets are starting to have USB ports so you can connect external drives to them. Now go and buy one.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Can see there's no point in educating u, ure telling someone to educate himself..xcuse me!!!
Where's the portability in d tablet when u av to carry a tablet, carry external cd rom and co..everything compressed in a laptop. No point arguing wit u jare

How is it less portable when a tablet and an external drive weigh less than a laptop?

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by henryobinna(m): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
youngice: until i see tablet that can play dvd cds cheesy grin
and blu-rays too
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Acidosis(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigsteveg:

not really valid in all cases bro

Ultrabooks (thin laptops) do not come with in-built dvd rom, even though some cost as much as N180-200k+

This doesn't mean an android tablet will outperform an ultrabook. They serve different purposes, with different functionality,

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
I submit MacBook Air 11.6 or 13.3

I don't even carry my power supply as the battery lasts for over 10 hours of use (not standby).

It's Intel powered and I run OSX, Windows 8.1 and Linux on it on different windows (no rebooting, just tab over).
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric: .
Bro come on!!!!!.....a surface pro 3 is just a device with specs in paper but got nothing wen it comes to performance, can u imagine it sports an Intel 4400 graphics card?dat sh..it won't play gta 4 talk less battlefield 4 or even 3....I'll still say it that no tab would smell d benchmark rating a good high end laptop would get....but if you're just a computer user sha,and use just Microsoft office tools and play solitaire then you'll say d surface pro 3 is amazing

But if u use a computer d way I do,making it really hottt,then u need something with a fan lol....cos you'll have so much hardware under d device's hood to cool

Dude read the thread from beginning and note my stand on this issue. Note also that the Surface Pro 3 has a fan.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Acidosis: LOLLL

How can tablets replace Laptops when the most expensive tablet is yet to replace the cheapest Desktop? We can only talk about Tablet/Laptop after tablets must have replaced all the desktops in offices, banks, et cetera..

Tablet can only replace laptops whose purposes are based on watching movies (not movie editing using Adobe pre..), surfing (not website design/development), typing on nairaland and facebook status (not typing a 25,000 word thesis), editing photo via picmix (not Adobe photoshop/Corel Draw), the list is endless.

Some people will run at loss if they ever replace their desktops/laptops with Tablets. Meanwhile, I'm yet to see that app, or device that can do the wonders of an optical mouse, bluetooth mouse.

Tablet PC or 3-1 PC can do better, but not an android based 7-10" tablet!
Mind you, I do not regard "Tablet pcs" running ms as tablets, not after you must have attached a keyboard and a mouse cheesy They are nothing but flat screen monitors with in built processors smiley

Khaki nor be leather o, and owo ya to so wo
smiley

Replace doesn't mean throw away. It means primary personal computing will be on the tablet form factor. The same way laptops 'replaced' desktops. The numbers bear the scenario out, less desktops are being sold worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Rick9(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
#TeamLappy #TeamLaptopPc
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

Dude read the thread from beginning and note my stand on this issue. Note also that the Surface Pro 3 has a fan.
and do u know d surface pro 3 is more or less a laptop?....wit d keyboard sh.it and the little fan??....just read up a Lil on it....sucks a Lil though....as for ur stand on d issue, I don't know/care....u countered my post by asking me to read about dat little device so dat naturally made u an 'enemy'..not in d real sense of it though...u ma nigga lol,just not feeling any wannabe high end tab/laptop
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

Google Surface Pro 3.

Yeah he doesn't know that all core i5 tablets have fans
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Acidosis:

Ultrabooks (thin laptops) do not come with in-built dvd rom, even though some cost as much as N180-200k+

This doesn't mean an android tablet will outperform an ultrabook. They serve different purposes, with different functionality,

Thanks for d point, @least sum1 get d fact dat dey they serve different purposes.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric: Well, the simple truth here us that as long as tablets don't have fans,they'll never be built to perform as gud as their laptop counterparts.....take for example a laptop with a core i7 chip would perform wayyyy better than a tablet with a supposed same core i7 chip in it...run a benchmark test on d two devices you'll see that a core i7 chip on a pc built to self-cool therfore well clocked to perform faster is more sophisticated can an i7 chip in an enclosed device like a tab....Don't look at specs people,look at output of d components d manufacturers use....tablets go dey fry if same components used in laptops are introduced in them.#endofstory

PS...I'm yet to see a tablet with a fan Lool and doubt if it would ever happen....same reason why an updated desktop is d best for gaming is d reason a laptop is gonna be more efficient dan a tablet anyday....d bigger,d better lol

Sorry there is no evidence to support this. They perform the same way if they have the same CPU/GPU combination.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
lilyafaten: As a programmer, I prefer laptop, it makes my coding easy for me.

As another programmer I disagree. I use a Windows tablet 2 in 1 (Asus T300LA).
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Iceman296: I'll Use Tablets When they make the ones that play CD and DVD. Until then, Still Rocking My Toshiba.

What about getting a cheap external DVD burner like I did. I hardly ever use it though.

1 Like

Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Acidosis:

Android tablets don't even have the processing power to compete lolll. How is a Snapdragon 800/801 supposed to compete with a core i5 lolllll
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
LordReed:

How is it less portable when a tablet and an external drive weigh less than a laptop?

I gave up on him a long time ago lol
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by niceeric(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yeah he doesn't know that all core i5 tablets have fans
Yea seriously, I didn't know.....but would any tablet play bf4?....No is d answer....those fans are too little to blow a high end graphics card, unless they'll come with fire extinguishers loool....
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
and do u know d surface pro 3 is more or less a laptop?....wit d keyboard sh.it and the little fan??....just read up a Lil on it....sucks a Lil though....as for ur stand on d issue, I don't know/care....u countered my post by asking me to read about dat little device so dat naturally made u an 'enemy'..not in d real sense of it though...u ma nigga lol,just not feeling any wannabe high end tab/laptop

How are Surface Pro 3 devices wannabe? It's called innovation.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Fulaman198(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
niceeric:
Yea seriously, I didn't know.....but would any tablet play bf4?....No is d answer....those fans are too little to blow a high end graphics card, unless they'll come with fire extinguishers loool....

Wrong many tablets can play BF4, I'll link a video in a bit, not on highest settings though. Mine plays BF3 just fine.
Re: Tablet PC Vs Laptop: Which Side Are You On? by Leopantro: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
CityNG: I submit MacBook Air 11.6 or 13.3

I don't even carry my power supply as the battery lasts for over 10 hours of use (not standby).

It's Intel powered and I run OSX, Windows 8.1 and Linux on it on different windows (no rebooting, just tab over).

guy, I'm drooling. are you for real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ipad 2 Vs Ipad 3 -- Spot The Difference / Cyberklock Free Browsing / ORIGINAL Iphone Battery (NOW AVAILABLE! 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, 7, 7s...)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.