Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:22 AM

Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids (1265 Views)

Very Graphic Image Of A Woman's Uterus Slipping Out Of Her Vagina / First Mother-to-daughter Uterus Transplant Performed In Sweden / Can Cramping On The Left Side Of A Uterus Means Ur Carrying A Baby Boy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by OlayemiAbattan: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hi, I am Olayemi, i am a phd holder in Medical Oncology. I travel to places attending the conferences and Seminars. I am married but still did not conceive. Recently in the month of May 2014 i attended an international conference on ovarian cancer in India at Chennai. There i happened to meet many professors and doctors. I shared my problem for not able to conceive with Prof. Dr. Samundi Sankari who attended the conference. I wondered that she has such a huge data, on what are the problems of infertility, and specifically why Nigerians are affected more with Fibroid problems. She suggested the diet and what are the pros and cons for Nigerians, to get rid of the Fibroids.
I got the personal assessment in her clinic and had to undergo Myomectomy a procedure for removal of Fibroids. To my surprise the doctor said me like she was able to excise and remove nearly 21 fibroids from my uterus. I was shocked, She then advised me the diet to be taken and what are the precautions to be followed.
Friends i have started this thread, because many of us are suffering from this problem, which is a silent killer and struggling to conceive. lets share our ideas, suggestions, diet tips, pros and cons and treatment options for Fibroid problem in this thread, so that it would be helpful to most of the women.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by evangellin: 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hi Olayemi, its shocking to hear that a woman is diagnosed with too many fibroids in her uterus. Think this is the first time i came across this situation. A coincidence is that i am aware of the clinic you had undergone the treatment. I got the treatment for my infertility problem from Dr.Samundi sankari, in India. i am good to know about you that you also undergone the treatment in the same clinic. Have you conceived or What are your current treatment plans. pls update me friend.
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by OlayemiAbattan: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Hi, thanks for your concern. I got that surgery and came to my home. now i am trying to conceive naturally, dr. prescribed some fertility drugs and diet to be followed. I am asked to try naturally for one year. if still i am unable to conceive, then i will get the appointment from dr.samundi and fly to India for the treatment. As of now i am fine. What about your treatment pls let me know.
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by evangellin: 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
I already undergone the treatment in the same hospital and was blessed with the baby in my womb. i am waiting to see my cute little child soon. dr. is really good, she is very lucky she gave me the success. I hope u also will be happy with your baby soon. Lots of babydust to you. Did you take any diet for the fibroids problems. Pls share, it would help many women.
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by iyaire: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
@olayemi I wish you a positive result soon, have also undergone dat procedure too but in Nigeria I have a son who is ten months now and am also a weeks gone with another one. I had three fibriods with the weight of a five months foetus
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by ifetuyi: 7:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by mamadouble: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
@iyaire congratulations on the successful outcome of your surgery. Please sis,I am also planning to undergo surgery and I would like you to give me some support like telling me the type you had, how long it took you to conceive and if they have grown back since.I have been trying for 3 years now and I have not been able to rest since my gyn concluded that the fibroids have to come out,I am so nervous and worried about the future. Please I need support. Thanks so much sis.
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by iyaire: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
@mamadouble have sent u an email, I just hope you will get it, I believe all will go well and it will end in praises. Shake that fear off sis
Re: Can You Believe It ? A Woman Uterus Had 21 Fibroids by Chiemeka30: 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
Uterine Fibroid (Leiomyoma) among Nigerian Women
http://uniprojectsearch.com/uterine-fibroi…nigerian-women/

(1) (Reply)

Urge U.S to release Zmapp to Africa by signing this petition / US Ebola Patient Dr. Kent Brantly Speaks Out - Very Touching / My Online Weight Loss Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.