Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Prof. Oluwo̩lé S̩óyinká Prefers To Call Me Orikinla - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prof. Oluwo̩lé S̩óyinká Prefers To Call Me Orikinla (614 Views)

PROF PELLER, The Enchanting Story Of Nigeria’s Most Famous Magician [PHOTOS] / Linda Ikeji Prefers To Make Love In Day Time / Larry Koldsweat Prefers To Be A Yoruba In Another Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Oluwo̩lé S̩óyinká Prefers To Call Me Orikinla by Orikinla(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Our paths have crossed thrice in Lagos.
The first time was at the book launch of a young female poet at the Nimbus Art Centre on Maitama Sule Street Off Awolowo Road, Ikoyi.
The second time was at the prize giving ceremony for the Nigerian journalist, poet and dramatist Adeleke Adeyemi when he won the $100,000 LNG Nigeria Prize For Literature for his children's book "The Missing Clock".
The third time was when Luxury champagne brand, Moet & Chandon gathered distinguished personalities on Thursday 18th July, 2013 at the Gallery at Freedom Park, Lagos to toast the late literary maverick, humanitarian, national treasure and global voice - Chinua Achebe. And in his sonorous voice Kongi nodded as he said "Orikinla" as I greeted him. He was sipping his champagne and acknowledging the importance of the event in honour of his fellow great writer of our time, the late Achebe.

Prof. Akinwande Oluwo̩lé S̩óyinká will be 80 on Sunday ( born on July 13, 1934) and even before he won the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first African to do so, I have always adored his genius and his influences have been manifested in some of my plays and poems over the years.

I wish him many happier returns of the day.

Re: Prof. Oluwo̩lé S̩óyinká Prefers To Call Me Orikinla by alabiyemmy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ok.
Re: Prof. Oluwo̩lé S̩óyinká Prefers To Call Me Orikinla by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Alright!! tongue. I know some 'random' busy-body Nairalander will be asking "..and the Moral of the Story is?". SMH!! These kids.... grin

(1) (Reply)

Can You Prove It? / Davido Says He Is Not A Graduate Yet / Cristiano Ronaldo Debunks Rumored Connection With Lil Wayne.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.