Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps (24980 Views)

How To Escape The Friend Zone / How To Get Out Of The Friend Zone (guys) / Jobs Forum And Personal Blogspots. It Is Getting Out Of Hand Oh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Here’s a typical scenario of how the friend zone situation is for most guys.

You meet a girl. You hit it off pretty well. You start being friends. You kinda feel that she kinda has a thing for you, but you’re too scared to make a move. You get an opportunity to take the relationship to the next level, but you’re still too scared so you don’t do anything. Time passes. You’re still friends. You have a great time whenever you’re together, and you’re closer than ever with each other. When you FINALLY do get the courage to say or do something, she delivers the ultimate blow: “I just want to be friends.” shocked

So now you’re trying to find out how to get out of the friend zone and stay out of it, for good.

Is there any hope for you? Fortunately, the answer is a resounding “YES!”

For most guys, getting out of the friend zone usually means that you had a chance at the beginning, but then somehow, some way, for some reason or the other, YOU BLEW IT. You took a wrong turn somewhere, and ended up in the dreaded friend zone.

Trust me I’ve landed in the friend A COUPLE OF TIMES ever since I started liking girls at teenage age. So what do you do now? Here, I’m going to share with you some simple steps on how to get out of the friend zone. Follow them and drop your testimony here later grin

1.) Accept the reality of the situation.

No begging or pleading for her to give you a chance. She made a conscious decision to not be anything more than friends with you, and no amount of convincing will change her mind. Instead, we’re going to approach the situation by working on her irrational and illogical side. Don’t withdraw yourself, but you’ll do much better if you start putting less focus on her and more focus on you at this stage of the process.

2.) Improve yourself.

There is no single person in this world who can’t use a touch of self-improvement. Start lifting weights. Start eating healthy. Learn something new. Try out some sports. Get that adrenaline pumping through your veins. Trust me, you’ll feel much better about yourself and gain more self-confidence, and you’ll look better in the process (if you decide to work out).

3.) Have fun with other people.

You cannot and should not put all your eggs in one basket, EVER. Even your mum must have told you at some time. Start meeting some people. Your friends have friends who have friends of their own — work different social circles. Meet girls and learn how to flirt well. Ironically, the more women you meet, the better you will do with the girl you’re trying to escape the friend zone with. The more jealous she gets, the better. Girls easily get jealous, take note of that.

4.) Ask her out on a Non-Date.

Now the game begins. If she’s hesitant to go out with you on one-to-one basis, start asking her out on Non-Dates. A Non-Date is basically a get-together where you ask her to accompany you doing something that you would do anyway. Something like picking up some stuff, buying some fast food, watching some movies together etc. She’s more likely to go with you than if you ask her to go to dinner.

5.) Flirt with her.

The number one reason guys can’t get out of the friend zone is because they don’t realize that it’s a matter of sexual attraction; or rather, the lack of it. So start teasing her playfully. Start with playful compliments until you can eventually move on to flirting that’s more sexual in nature. If I notice that she put on a maybe revealing wear, my favorite line is, “You cannot put that on around me any more, because I’m afraid that one of these days I won’t be able to hold control myself and do something BAD.” cheesy

6.) Emphasize your sexuality.

If you failed to make a move before, then you can’t be Mr. Touchy all of a sudden — she’ll know what your doing. Start slow with casual touches on the arm, or the small of her back. Then graduate to hugs. If she talks about other guys, then talk about other girls and be very graphic. Make sure that she knows that you are a man who doesn’t repress his sexual urges (it's okay...nothing will happen). smiley

7.) Make your move.

If you do steps 5-7 well enough, you will find that you’ll be gradually escalating. Your flirting becomes more sexual by nature, she starts being touchier with you, and your dates become more serious. By the time that this happens, you have done well. To accomplish your mission of getting out of the friend zone, you MUST make your move. There is no way in hell that she is going to be making the first move, but she will be giving you hints that it’s okay to do something now. Do not be a fool and miss this second chance! When opportunity knocks, open the door and pounce on it.

And that’s it! I know it’s VERY simplified, but that’s the basic process that you must follow from beginning to end if you want to know how to get out of the friend zone. It took me many years and one or two heartbreaks to finally figure it out, but this very process has miraculously worked for me every single time I have tried it.

Please drop your testimonies and your own steps here lets help ourselves kick this friendzone thing out once and for all grin grin

45 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by tokiniofficial(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
OMG!!!! Like seriously grin
I'm the FTC hehehehehehehe
Wait I'm blushing..........
Ok here's my speech

I thank God almighty for the wisdom and insight to see dis thread as a FRONT PAGE thread

I also thank the OP grin for writing or pasting this topic

To my special friends on NL Amefrica, Slimdel, missbon, onihaxy chizzy01 etc una too much

And to everyone hoping to be FTC someday ; hold on ur turn dey come

To all my First To Comment (FTC) predecessors I hope u guys give me a standing ovation as I take my bow

God bless Nigeria
God bless d OP
God bless NL

grin

50 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by watchthisposter(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
7 steps?

1 easy step to get out of the friendzone.

Stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eye and say "she's not into me" 77 times. At the end dress up, go out and meet other people/get a life and stop obsessing. Works every time.

164 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ChildofChukwu(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Very well said. I blew it with my first love/crush who went on to Nollywood. I still beat myself each time I see her on the screen. cry cry
Although I never got back to unfriend-zoning myself, I have never let myself get anywhere near that dreaded zone with subsequent girls. Lesson well learnt. cool grin grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
watchthisposter: 7 steps? 1 easy step to get out of the friendzone. Stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eye and say "she's not into me" 77 times. At the end dress up, go out and meet other people/get a life and stop obsessing. Works every time.

It's not as easy as that bro''

4 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2014
ChildofChukwu: Very well said. I blew it with my first love/crush who went on to Nollywood. I still beat myself each time I see her on the screen. cry cry
Although I never got back to unfriend-zoning myself, I have never let myself get anywhere near that dreaded zone with subsequent girls. Lesson well learnt. cool grin grin

Loool...That's the spirit grin

3 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by UjSizzle(f): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
watchthisposter: 7 steps?

Stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eye and say "she's not into me" 77 times. At the end dress up, go out and meet other people/get a life and stop obsessing. Works every time.
Hahahahahahahahahaha! Help me i can't stop lmao grin grin

On a serious note though, some friend zoned guys actually start to get more appealing when they stop obsessing. Oh wait, that only works if you were never fully friend zoned tongue

5 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by watchthisposter(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

It's not as easy as that bro''

Actually it is. If you have any respect for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
watchthisposter:

Actually it is. If you have any respect for yourself.

Have you walked down the friend zone path before?

1 Like

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
Hahahahahahahahahaha! Help me i can't stop lmao grin grin

On a serious note though, some friend zoned guys actually start to get more appealing when they stop obsessing. Oh wait, that only works if you were never fully friend zoned tongue

Have you been friendzoned before? cheesy
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by UjSizzle(f): 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Have you been friendzoned before? cheesy
By a guy? Yes. Sucked real bad but i liked him any way so i liked my butt and stayed his friend.
I think he likes me now though grin

6 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Onlinebizexpert(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
If its not friends with benefit am not interested..........this nl lady lynpetra is ma kinda target

5 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
UjSizzle:
By a guy? Yes. Sucked real bad but i liked him any way so i liked my butt and stayed his friend.
I think he likes me now though grin

Of course by a guy. Or do girls friendzone girls too? shocked
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: If its not friends with benefit am not interested..........this nl lady lynpetra is ma kinda target

Really??
Hope you don't get internet-zoned grin

7 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by watchthisposter(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Have you walked down the friend zone path before?

Hmmm lemme see...

There was this one girl in school once, before I could/would ask her out, somehow we just hit if off and before I knew it I found myself in her room at night with her with me on her bed, just gisting about stuff - we were friends!... when she started asking me for advice on whether or not to date some guy who was asking her out I saw what was happening and sneakily orchestrated it so that we began to "drift" apart and stopped seeing each other so much, and the obsessing naturally eased over time.

*edit* did I mention she was wearing something really sexy? Everywhere was cool and quiet, we were alone in her room in school at night, just discussing.

If anybody thinks I'm going to bear that kind of torture just to be "friends", you are dead wrong.

14 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by UjSizzle(f): 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Of course by a guy. Or do girls friendzone girls too? shocked
Uh huh grin
Guy there's a whole thread dedicated to friend zones on the home page.
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
smiley
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
watchthisposter:

Hmmm lemme see...

There was this one girl in school once, before I could/would ask her out, somehow we just hit if off and before I knew it I found myself in her room at night with her with me on her bed, just gisting about stuff - we were friends!... when she started asking me for advice on whether or not to date some guy who was asking her out I saw what was happening and sneakily orchestrated it so that we began to "drift" apart and stopped seeing each other so much, and the obsessing naturally eased over time.

LOL @Bolded
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ggrin(f): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
No am not commotin crycrycrycrycrycry

I love the side peck she dy always gimmecrycrycrycry

7 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
You try to have a romantic relationship with a guy but you guys aren't compatible enough to make it work
You realise that you guys can be friends but a romantic relationship is out of the question
So you become good friends
I don't consider that friend zoning
I see it as being realistic

11 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeemoore: You try to have a romantic relationship with a guy but you guys aren't compatible enough to make it work
You realise that you guys can be friends but a romantic relationship is out of the question
So you become good friends
I don't consider that friend zoning
I see it as being realistic

Most friendzoned guys don't get the opportunity to try a Romantic relationship and later find out that it ain't gonna work thereby resorting to being "just friends". They get friendzoned from the start. No chance to try any romantic shit grin

9 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Prowizy2(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
ggrin: No am not commotin crycrycrycrycrycry

I love the side peck she dy always gimmecrycrycrycry

Since you've decide to be there forever. . Goodluck
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ggrin(f): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Prowizy2:

Since you've decide to be there forever. . Goodluck
osheeeeeeee
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 6:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
tokiniofficial: angry

undecided
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Most friendzoned guys don't get the opportunity to try a Romantic relationship and later find out that it ain't gonna work thereby resorting to being "just friends". They get friendzoned from the start. No chance to try any romantic shit grin
Most of them didn't get friendzoned by the girls
They decided to friendzone themselves, hoping for a miracle to happen

A girl tells you she can't date you and can only be your friend and you are like ' I won't give up on you, I'll be right here by your side when you finally get dumped by that d^ckhead
You start playing the role of a fool in love, you switch to your mumu mode grin
Two months...four months...eight months gone and she didn't get dumped by the d^ckhead
You wake up one day to discover you wasted eight months doing 'I fit die untop your matter eh baby o' and the babe sef no gree give you face grin
You start telling anyone who cares to listen how a particular girl friendzoned you when you actually friendzoned yourself grin

57 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeemoore:

A girl tells you she can't date you and can only be your friend and you are like ' I won't give up on you, I'll be right here by your side when you finally get dumped by that d^ckhead
Two months...four months...eight months gone and she didn't get dumped by the d^ckhead
You wake up one day to discover you wasted eight months doing 'I fit die untop your matter eh baby o' and the babe sef no gree give you face grin
You start telling anyone who cares to listen how a particular girl friendzoned you when you actually friendzoned yourself grin
lmao...I'd rather die than kill myself gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
chrisvilla:
lmao...I'd rather die than kill myself gringrin
Biko, don't die on me grin
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
Tip 4 all friendzoned guys...
¤GET A LIFE!!¤¤
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeemoore:
Biko, don't die on me grin
lols,ur igbo dey tripz me walahi
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by ayukdaboss(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
zeemoore:

True though. You cracked me up cheesy @Bolded

Seems you've been friendzoned before smiley
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2014
smiley
chrisvilla:
lols,ur igbo dey tripz me walahi

No grin

ayukdaboss:
True though. You cracked me up cheesy @Bolded
Seems you've been friendzoned before smiley
Re: Getting Out Of The Friend Zone: 7 Easy Steps by Karleb(m): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
watchthisposter: 7 steps?

Chaiiii

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Man Shares Money And Food To Less Privileged In Thailand / The Various Crews Of Nairaland / What's The Most Pleasurable Thing On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.