Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. (18301 Views)

NMA To End Strike Soon! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / FG Begs To NMA To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by clemzo101(m): 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
They will never accept any debate naw......because dey know dey are fighting for a stupid reason. Most of their demands are pointless, if govt accept then d other section will go on strike too, pharmacists and nurses and d rest of dem.........na pride dey worry dem.........moreover wen channels called dem dey dodged it
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by sisiafrika(f): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
phantom: my brother he has said the truth.its a pity pharmacists have reduced themselves to dispensing drugs. tomorrow when the nurses and lab scientists start poking fingers in your eyes,you will start complaining like doctors are doing now.mark my words!
sickle cell is endemic in our region.what have our pharmacists come up with as per research to improve the lives of sicklers.absolutely nothing! no research whatsoever.
mum shagger, pray tell, have Nigerian doctors not reduced themselves to paracetamol prescriber? Pharm.d Dat is more clinically oriented was sabotaged by u greedy pests yet u complain about rxIst? How is it ur business if all dey do is dispense, is dat not all wat u doctors will allow dem do? Clinical pharmacy is more dan dispensing but u people will frustrate every effort to do more dan that. So who wants stress? Its relieving even. And as per ss issue, ur a baboon for saying 'no' research has been done. Ur head needs evaluation for saying dat, re u dat foolish or just acting up? Show links dat suPport ur claim of no research. Radiologist dat can't perform modalities yet would prevent a trained radiographer from doing is job. Shame on u, ur mates are into surgery, u reduced urself to ordinary radiologist, doing nothing.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by sisiafrika(f): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: when we achieve privatization, then drs will have to pay for their residency training like they do abroad and not expect to be paid to be students, Then we will see how they will demand for #100,000 hazard allowance from their employer
dey don't know what dey are calling for. Dey will suffer it more.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by seanet02: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
karpentar:

Why bring GEJ to this matter? You must be suffering from APC inflicted madness...
Bingo face front

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Dmh(f): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
I
youngdoctor:
better??i stay in oritaobele street.we only have light from 11p.m -4a.m daily..so from 4:05-10:59..its by God's grace..
Where in akure do you stay MR??
I stay @ oda road and elecricity is gud here.we do av light during d day & @ nyt ,I mean like 80%,maybe u need a relocation then(lol)
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by sisiafrika(f): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Some people are planning how dey gonna meet in Akure, hmm, HIV is real.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by ziga: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
prettyprettywow: when we achieve privatization, then drs will have to pay for their residency training like they do abroad and not expect to be paid to be students, Then we will see how they will demand for #100,000 hazard allowance from their employer

Dude.

Most developed countries pay their resident Doctors almost as much as so called consultants earn in Nigeria.

They value human life there, and they take care of the people who care for the sick.

Nigeria doesn't offer the health system as a whole nothing (not just Doctors)

Privatization will be good. People will be paid based on productivity and not seniority or "level 1 - 20"

You either make yourself useful or you get out!!!
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by moshoodn(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
ILIDEFI:

I had to sound like that because you were very emphatic over something you were not sure of, to the point of asking people to quote you, which I did.

If Israel employed military doctors, were you told Nigerian military doctors are on strike? They never go on strike, and are always on ground in military hospitals.

The truth is that doctors are still working, but only in private and mission hospitals, so lives are still being saved.

Israel FG deployed Military doctors to the General Hospitals and FMCs....

Ours are practically shut down..
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Dmh(f): 12:48am On Jul 13, 2014
sisiafrika: Some people are planning how dey gonna meet in Akure, hmm, HIV is real.
oh! Is dat wot u think sis? A̶̲̥̅♏ only telling him dat some of his facts are not true.HIV don get drugs nah unlike other deadly diseases(lol)
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 12:53am On Jul 13, 2014
moshoodn:

Israel FG deployed Military doctors to the General Hospitals and FMCs....

Ours are practically shut down..

I wanted to cry when I saw the beds in the teaching hospital where I school. All empty! Pediatrics, A&E, everywhere is void of patients. Govt has a large part to be blamed tho.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2014
sisiafrika: mum shagger, pray tell, have Nigerian doctors not reduced themselves to paracetamol prescriber? Pharm.d Dat is more clinically oriented was sabotaged by u greedy pests yet u complain about rxIst? How is it ur business if all dey do is dispense, is dat not all wat u doctors will allow dem do? Clinical pharmacy is more dan dispensing but u people will frustrate every effort to do more dan that. So who wants stress? Its relieving even. And as per ss issue, ur a baboon for saying 'no' research has been done. Ur head needs evaluation for saying dat, re u dat foolish or just acting up? Show links dat suPport ur claim of no research. Radiologist dat can't perform modalities yet would prevent a trained radiographer from doing is job. Shame on u, ur mates are into surgery, u reduced urself to ordinary radiologist, doing nothing.
oops looks like the jibe I took at you still hurts. like I said before,dumb chicks turn me off.stop chasing me around like a crack wh.ore in postwar Liberia. I can't discuss with you so look elsewhere.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 12:59am On Jul 13, 2014
clemzo101: They will never accept any debate naw......because dey know dey are fighting for a stupid reason. Most of their demands are pointless, if govt accept then d other section will go on strike too, pharmacists and nurses and d rest of dem.........na pride dey worry dem.........moreover wen channels called dem dey dodged it
you really wanted obembe to go screaming and arguing with PEOPLE WHO ARE BENEATH HIM on national TV?
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 2:07am On Jul 13, 2014
phantom: you really wanted obembe to go screaming and arguing with PEOPLE WHO ARE BENEATH HIM on national TV?

And what is the proof that they're beneath him? Just by been a medical doctor, everyone is beneath you?

He just couldn't match the brilliance and eloquence of Pharm Akintayo and the physiotherapist. Simple!
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by sisiafrika(f): 7:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Dmh: oh! Is dat wot u think sis? A̶̲̥̅♏ only telling him dat some of his facts are not true.HIV don get drugs nah unlike other deadly diseases(lol)
just kidding. HIV drugs na just for management na, e no fit cur am patapata.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Dnaz(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2014
adeoladrg:

And what is the proof that they're beneath him? Just by been a medical doctor, everyone is beneath you?

He just couldn't match the brilliance and eloquence of Pharm Akintayo and the physiotherapist. Simple!

akintayo was frustrated out of medicine by Jamb. if u say na lie ask him urself
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2014
Dnaz:

akintayo was frustrated out of medicine by Jamb. if u say na lie ask him urself

Mumu like you. His parents wanted him to study medicine, he rebelled and went for pharmacy whose requirements were higher than medicine that year. Use Google plsss!

Was that even the question I asked? Why Obembe skip the interview?
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 10:06am On Jul 13, 2014
adeoladrg:

Mumu like you. His parents wanted him to study medicine, he rebelled and went for pharmacy whose requirements were higher than medicine that year. Use Google plsss!

Was that even the question I asked? Why Obembe skip the interview?
I hope you watched that interview and noticed that the public analyst could see right through your people. they were so filled with emotions, I had pity on them. obembe would have looked odd there like a 40yr old in a room full of toddlers. it was a strategy absenting himself and we all support it.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2014
adeoladrg:

I wanted to cry when I saw the beds in the teaching hospital where I school. All empty! Pediatrics, A&E, everywhere is void of patients. Govt has a large part to be blamed tho.
consultant pharmacist! Go and admit patients na... or forever remain in ur boring cubicle, thats if u have graduated grin
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2014
dumodust:
consultant pharmacist! Go and admit patients na... or forever remain in ur boring cubicle, thats if u have graduated grin
You've been noticed
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by dumodust(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2014
adeoladrg: You've been noticed
before nko...
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by Dancasina(m): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Whether we engage each other in public debate or not, the fact is that health system is collaborative. Apart from the professional licence that enables you to practice your profession while restraining others, you cannot do other people's work because you are deficient in training as far as other professions is concerned. No Nurse can do the work of a doctor. No doctor can do the work of a laboratory scientist. No pharmacist can do the work of a Radiography. For God's sake these are disticnt professions with laid down professional juridiction and boundaries. Because of the uniqueness, no one conveys superiority over another. Is there any confusion to a patient when he/she sees on a door tag "consultant pharmacist", "consultant gynaecologist", "consultant Haematologist",etc. I dont think NMA/NARD are fair to the suffering masses.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by malbruno: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
youngdoctor: As a doctor..i can tel yu ds FG is schizophrenic...we ve made a mistake electing ds bastards.
Ok,wat do dey expct frm d debate...we call of d strike?IMPOSSICANT..dey re jst making us feel more special and needed..
1).poly guys on strike
2).college of edu.guys on strike.
3).no intrvention into O.A.U's mata.
4).Chibok girls ve bn frgotten.
5)football has bn banned.
6).me nd ma colleagues and seniors on strike.
7)total blackout here in akure.
Nd yu cal ds a government...i laff in physics....F*ckd up pipu..shioor
I dont think that you Doctors have got moral training and human management skill at all, no wonder you call the president of your country a bastered.....

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by tobias4real: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes, I support d debate. I believe doctors are really selfish and self-centred. Activities in hospital is a team job and no single unit could claim d all too impt. dey can demand for an all-round doctor hospital whr dey will do all d work. Remember, approving d doctors demand will only result to an unhealthy rivalry in our hospitals. Foolish doctors.

1 Like

Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by drobadebayo: 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
moshoodn: Truth is most doctors in Nigeria are not committed.

Most are in for the money.

What the hell happened to the Hippocrates Oath!

Only Nigerian Doctors strike in the world (quote me on this anywhere). Does that mean all other governments of the world are performing optimally in the Health Sector?

I'm not standing in for the FG, but if truly the docs respect the oath they took, they will be more diplomatic and tactical.

FGs all around the world are all evasive, so its not a Nigerian issue.

Coming to air to lay the issue to bare will only attact public sympathy to the more eloquent side.

I wish they resolve it soonest and people can get their treatments.
Well since u asked us to quote u
That was a lie,not only Nigerian doctors go on strike
Greeks doctors;2013
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/10/greece-doctors-strike-healthcare-reforms

Indian doctors;
http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/aiims-doctors-go-on-strike-after-patients-relatives-assault-three-colleagues/
Ghana doctors ;
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-22128960

Why would u lie and then dare people to quote you.i just don't get that.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dancasina: Whether we engage each other in public debate or not, the fact is that health system is collaborative. Apart from the professional licence that enables you to practice your profession while restraining others, you cannot do other people's work because you are deficient in training as far as other professions is concerned. No Nurse can do the work of a doctor. No doctor can do the work of a laboratory scientist. No pharmacist can do the work of a Radiography. For God's sake these are disticnt professions with laid down professional juridiction and boundaries. Because of the uniqueness, no one conveys superiority over another. Is there any confusion to a patient when he/she sees on a door tag "consultant pharmacist", "consultant gynaecologist", "consultant Haematologist",etc. I dont think NMA/NARD are fair to the suffering masses.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by adeoladrg(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
tobias4real: Yes, I support d debate. I believe doctors are really selfish and self-centred. Activities in hospital is a team job and no single unit could claim d all too impt. dey can demand for an all-round doctor hospital whr dey will do all d work. Remember, approving d doctors demand will only result to an unhealthy rivalry in our hospitals. Foolish doctors.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by drcakes: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=adeoladrg][/quote]
In his reaction, the Chairman, Joint Health Staff Union (JOHESU), Mr. Moses Shausu, said the strike had paralysed activities in public hospitals in the state.

“You know that services in a hospital is a team work; so if a doctor is not on duty for consultation services, there will be a problem because other staffers will find it difficult to carry out ANCILLARY SERVICES, that is the effect of this strike.”
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by phantom(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2014
drcakes:
In his reaction, the Chairman, Joint Health Staff Union (JOHESU), Mr. Moses Shausu, said the strike had paralysed activities in public hospitals in the state.

“You know that services in a hospital is a team work; so if a doctor is not on duty for consultation services, there will be a problem because other staffers will find it difficult to carry out ANCILLARY SERVICES, that is the effect of this strike.”

grin.........ancillary services....now we are getting somewhere gradually....lol
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by sisiafrika(f): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Of all sub speciality, sum jumbo stil go for pathology nd radiology. Ur mates into sumtin serious avent bragged bt u jumbo wnt let us be.
Re: FG Challenges NMA To Public Debate. by clemzo101(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
phantom: you really wanted obembe to go screaming and arguing with PEOPLE WHO ARE BENEATH HIM on national TV?
this is exactly what I'm talking about.....PRIDE, and dis exactly is what is killing and eating NMA up and I hope dey get disappointed dis tym.........u said beneath.......guess d pharmacists didn't go to skool or may be dey are not graduates or better still dey attended Polytechnic......Bleep NMA.....mtchewwww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Collapsed Water Tank Kills Woman, Nine-Day-Old Child In Ondo / My Phobia Story / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.