Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (54920 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
NL1960:

That is not a hard job. This is just bush clearing and it is what they do year in, year out when they want to start farming. My mother, who is a farmer in the village clears her bush by herself. So, if there is any small opportunity to make a little money by clearing 'another bush', she will do it. It is the digging that is done by men.

Maybe i am just a bush man with weird way of thinking . . . . But no wahala sha, i still think such should be left for the men to do and allow the woman to do something less tedious.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you very much sir. The whole family are doing great. Just back to work this morning after 5 weeks of paternity leave.

Hajji M.

I took 3 months when my son was born and my wife took the remaining 9 months . . .
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I took 3 months when my son was born and my wife took the remaining 9 months . . .

That would have been nice here for 1 year.. my wife is taking that 3 months.. but I have too much responsibility on the job as a Director of Pension Accounting for all NY City employees.. I could not be able to take that much time.. unless I am sick or kidnapped smiley Even during those 5 weeks I was still working from home and stopping-by at the office to give instructions on what to do etc. but God is always good sha!
And yeah! I heard it's 1 year in CAN... not here us US of A. I wish it would have been like that.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you very much sir.. But mind you, the father and mother are not bad looking either.. smiley

Hajji M.

I guessed so from the beginning.....The truth is that we can't give what we don't have smiley
He's gorgeous. God will keep him and the mum healthy.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
kostadinis:

I guessed so from the beginning.....The truth is that we can't give what we don't have smiley
He's gorgeous. God will keep him and the mum healthy.

Half true with the first comment... sometimes God proves us wrong... Ugly parents sometimes make beautiful babies and vice-versa. smiley
Thanks very much..

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
mufutau55:

Half true with the first comment... sometimes God proves us wrong... Ugly parents sometimes make beautiful babies and vice-versa. smiley
Thanks very much..

Hajji M.
Yes, our God surprises us sometimes, but there was a reason why you made the remarks about your wife and you.
And that is always the conventional wisdom abi? smiley
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
kostadinis:
Yes, our God surprises us sometimes, but there was a reason why you made the remarks about your wife and you.
And that is always the conventional wisdom abi? smiley

Agreed Boss.. Yes.. your first statement is exactly what I meant and you are right.. I just gave grace to God that it happened that way.. that is why I threw the last statement in there.. but yes it's always the conventional wisdom.. God is wonderful all the time.. Thank you sir.

Moderaor, please no vex oh! We are back on topic now... Oga Spyder, ngba, let's go learn more about house building.. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
mufutau55:

That would have been nice here for 1 year.. my wife is taking that 3 months.. but I have too much responsibility on the job as a Director of Pension Accounting for all NY City employees.. I could not be able to take that much time.. unless I am sick or kidnapped smiley Even during those 5 weeks I was still working from home and stopping-by at the office to give instructions on what to do etc. but God is always good sha!
Anbd yeah! I heard it's 1 year in CAN... not here us US of A. I wish it would have been like that.

Hajji M.

My brother, i have come to understand that nothing and no one is not replaceable oh . . . . If something happen, it will only take few days before we are replaced, so i now take my time to smell the flowers and take care of the most important . . . But that does not mean we have to be lazy oh, nice one and once again, i hail in Nija language..... let us get back to classroom and learn before we are told to raise our hands and close our eyes oh

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gen2briz(m): 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Na two things I dey jealous of for this thread

1. How beautiful the house is gonna be cos I trust spyder880

2. Malik... Chai I love seeing cute babies (O Allah, na the beautiful one's amoung your creature like this Malik I want oo when the tym reach. Thank God say me to make sense small )

Back to the matter, abeg oga spyder880 no delay update oooo

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:01am On Jul 15, 2014
gen2briz: Na two things I dey jealous of for this thread

1. How beautiful the house is gonna be cos I trust spyder880

2. Malik... Chai I love seeing cute babies (O Allah, na the beautiful one's amount your creature like this Malik I want oo when the tym reach. Thank God say me to make sense small )

Back to the matter, abeg oga spyder880 no delay update oooo

God will grant all your wishes, I pray. Don't worry, updates will be flowing as usual.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Onuokwu: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2014
mufutau55:

My last addition to the family came on June 11th, 2014 (Prince Malik Temitope).. and as said this will be my last..

Hajji M.

Congratulations Hajj M. I happy for you o! The boy fine true true. grin grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Onuokwu: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2014
Fhemmmy: Now back to the thread, would it be deemed a sexist comment if i say, it hurts my heart to see women doing those kinda hard job . . . I am sorry ahead of comments cos i am sure some people will crucify me, when i see them, i imagine if that is my mother, sister or wife . . . cry cry

My broda, it is survival o. The way e be with us, it is either they do that or they starve or they sell their bodies. So i think amongst the options, this one is preferred. The situation gets worse o. I had a project last year and saw some of these "not so young women" hauling mixed concrete on their heads to the second floor and queried the contractor. He explained the options the women had which was eventually corroborated by the women themselves. I had to let them continue working.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Demainman1: 9:05am On Jul 15, 2014
Hajj Mufutau55 congrats o. Your boy is very cute!

Prof Spyder880, More grease to your elbow sir. Weldone.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by NL1960: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Onuokwu:

My broda, it is survival o. The way e be with us, it is either they do that or they starve or they sell their bodies. So i think amongst the options, this one is preferred. The situation gets worse o. I had a project last year and saw some of these "not so young women" hauling mixed concrete on their heads to the second floor and queried the contractor. He explained the options the women had which was eventually corroborated by the women themselves. I had to let them continue working.

My brother that is handling my project in the village has suddenly become an enemy to some women because he did not allow them to carry concrete during the decking of the project. So clearing a small bush is a minor job for them as compared to carrying concrete. I cannot even see trees on this plot. Many women clear forest for planting of crops.

Iam sure if Oga Fhemmmy had seen me as an 11-year old clearing bushes and forest, he would have been pained not knowing that i might be looking for my school fees with that once-in-a-chance opportunity. cool.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Onuokwu:

I do feel you and understand where you are coming from, but i would rather not hire people of such on my project and not cos i want them to starve cos i pray to God to help me to be able to help and feed them if i can, but will never sit in my car and drive to my site with my wife and kids and see a woman old enough to be my mother or my wife or even my daughter's age to be working such a hard job in my site . . . again, it is just my way of thinking and i am not saying i am right, i just have some special passion for such group of people and it is a personal feeling, not trying to define what is right or wrong by my own personal standard.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
NL1960:

My brother that is handling my project in the village has suddenly become an enemy to some women because he did not allow them to carry concrete during the decking of the project. So clearing a small bush is a minor job for them as compared to carrying concrete. I cannot even see trees on this plot. Many women clear forest for planting of crops.

Iam sure if Oga Fhemmmy had seen me as an 11-year old clearing bushes and forest, he would have been pained not knowing that i might be looking for my school fees with that once-in-a-chance opportunity. cool.

I might have cried my heart out to see such, cos no child ought to go thru such hardship to provide what ought to be given to him or her, but again, i am not defining what is right or wrong but my own personal way of looking at things . . . it is time for us all to do more to help the needy.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Demainman1: Hajj Mufutau55 congrats o. Your boy is very cute!

Thank you sir.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 7:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Onuokwu:
Congratulations Hajj M. I happy for you o! The boy fine true true. grin grin

Thank you very much sir.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
After the setting out of the site yesterday, we started the foundation excavations today.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
More excavations

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
Big trench in the site.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
The rest of the compound, plus materials arriving.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Fhemmmy: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
No bush meat for this big land?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
spyder880: After the setting out of the site yesterday, we started the foundation excavations today.
Chief Spyder, I'm just looking at the unique soft soil of this part of Enugu.
For this one, the diggers won't need Panadol at the end of the day's work unlike most parts of the town. Even the water in the trench has equally dried up it seems.
A smooth start. Una well done.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
kostadinis:
Chief Spyder, I'm just looking at the unique soft soil of this part of Enugu.
For this one, the diggers won't need Panadol at the end of the day's work unlike most parts of the town. Even the water in the trench has equally dried up it seems.
A smooth start. Una well done.

This area is very prone to underground water level rise. A heavy rain could leave the whole area almost submerged in water. I am planning some precautionary measures while waiting for more rains.

The ground is not too hard, but very damp and almost muddy today, which is another problem for the diggers.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
spyder880:

This area is very prone to underground water level rise. A heavy rain could leave the whole area almost submerged in water. I am planning some precautionary measures while waiting for more rains.

The ground is not too hard, but very damp and almost muddy today, which is another problem for the diggers.
Spyder the conqueror would always find a solution
Don't worry, God will take care of the rains smiley

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2014
kostadinis:
Spyder the conqueror would always find a solution
Don't worry, God will take care of the rains smiley

I will need prayers to survive this one o
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2014
My client has requested that we increase the size of the house further. We are trying to shift the foundation of the house outwards to implement the changes. Some of the already dug foundation will be filled while new ones will be formed.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2014
More. ....

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by PeoplesArmy: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
spyder880: My client has requested that we increase the size of the house further. We are trying to shift the foundation of the house outwards to implement the changes. Some of the already dug foundation will be filled while new ones will be formed.

This is always an issue. Changing plans midway? How can this be avoided?

So this part of enugu wont have the usual water supply problem the rest of the town is known for. i didnt know such is possible outside the 9th mile area.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2014
spyder880: My client has requested that we increase the size of the house further. We are trying to shift the foundation of the house outwards to implement the changes. Some of the already dug foundation will be filled while new ones will be formed.

This issue is not unusual in building construction. However, my little question is: was this plan handed to you by the client, or was he presented with the plan with a view to customize it?

The sizes of the rooms from my observation are way too sub-standard that if this plan did not originate from your client, might have compelled him to demand for their expansion. This is just very natural.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2014
Just what I dreaded, coming to reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed. / Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.