Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (54921 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
hello class....

I'm sure we are all enjoying our teacher spyder and class captains 1 & 2 (Hajji and femmy resp.)

Please help beg teasha make hin give him students detailed analysis of this project and course work ooo

Abi una neva ready for this assignment ? smiley
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
spyroxy1:
hello class....
I'm sure we are all enjoying our teacher spyder and class captains 1 & 2 (Hajji and femmy resp.)
Please help beg teasha make hin give him students detailed analysis of this project and course work ooo
Abi una neva ready for this assignment ? smiley

OK. Oga Spyder, it's time for the cost analysis oh! The whole class are demanding it. smiley Please pity poor guys like us oh!

@Spyroxy1 - Now it's officially demanded.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

OK. Oga Spyder, it's time for the cost analysis oh! The whole class are demanding it. smiley Please pity poor guys like us oh!

Hajji M.

Ese gan an ni Hajji.

We no wan carry placard for our teacher ooo grin grin

On a serious note; This man Spyder is an amazing being. I pray God will bless him and he will not fail where all hopes are on him

God bless our section.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gen2briz(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Seconded
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
The burglary proof. ......

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
We have fitted the rooms with burglary proof

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

My people, the whole of this building, which includes the half raft chaining in the foundation, the building, roofing, electrical piping, plastering and designing works, pillars and metal doors and windows with burglary proof has cost us a sum total of N1,800,000.00 till date. This also includes the materials and labour expenses and supervision till the stage in the picture above.
It does not mean that all locations will have this same cost, the location we met here was very challenging. I am still trying to remember if there are any other costs not remembered.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
spyder880:

My people, the whole of this building, which includes the half raft chaining in the foundation, the building, roofing, electrical piping, plastering and designing works, pillars and metal doors and windows with burglary proof has cost us a sum total of N1,800,000.00 till date. This also includes the materials and labour expenses and supervision till the stage in the picture above.
It does not mean that all locations will have this same cost, the location we met here was very challenging. I am still trying to remember if there are any other costs not remembered.

Damn, that is a good cost... Kudos to you for managing other peoples money wisely. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
spyder880:

This is really amazing....N1.8M I now strongly believe that I can have same/similar structure before March next yr InshaAllah. I have waited and waited for this answer and thank God that it is one that just boosted my morale.

Even though it wasnt broke down ( I am sure the rigour af typing wink ) I still appreciate that figure so much. I am sure I can give you a call anytime I need clarification. Thank you teasha!
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
mufutau55:

Damn, that is a good cost... Kudos to you for managing other peoples money wisely. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Captain Hajji.... Mi o mo pe eyin na ma so be oo

Infact this man deserve a national award through our section .. lol
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
spyder880:
The burglary proof. ......

Aha! Talking of burglary proof.. they just finished my MQ verandah burglary for the two flats.. it contains the 2 big front and 2 small sides.
Look below, you go see say I don copy you tired..oh! It's good to learn from the Properties Forum oh!

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
spyder880:

do you mean it can still be cheaper or it would have been cheaper... if not because of the raft and water palava??
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 11:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
spyroxy1:

Captain Hajji.... Mi o mo pe eyin na ma so be oo
Infact this man deserve a national award through our section .. lol

Abi o, egbon mi, mo wi bee jare. If the Nigeria government is good... they will be scouting for people like him as they do over here..
As you can see, I am really learning and copying a lot of designs from him..

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
spyroxy1:

This is really amazing....N1.8M I now strongly believe that I can have same/similar structure before March next yr InshaAllah. I have waited and waited for this answer and thank God that it is one that just boosted my morale.

Even though it wasnt broke down ( I am sure the rigour af typing wink ) I still appreciate that figure so much. I am sure I can give you a call anytime I need clarification. Thank you teasha!

The initial budget was for N2.8m for everything including tiles and lighting fittings, ceiling and toilet fittings but I think the cost above is for the present picture so far, am still trying to remember if its exactly in that range since I don't have al my papers here so no praises yet o grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by FastShipping: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
mufutau55:

Aha! Talking of burglary proof.. they just finished my MQ verandah burglary for the two flats.. it contains the 2 big front and 2 small sides.
Look below, you go see say I don copy you tired..oh! It's good to learn from the Properties Forum oh!

Hajji M.

Wow! I can promise you there won't be a single burglary proof covering my windows or doors. I just can't live in a house with such metal. I just don't buy it that it keeps thieves out. How can someone survive fire outbreak in case it happens? I don't pray for such thing but there is possibility.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 11:17pm On Nov 01, 2014
FastShipping:

Wow! I can promise you there won't be a single burglary proof covering my windows or doors. I just can't live in a house with such metal. I just don't buy it that it keeps thieves out. How can someone survive fire outbreak in case it happens? I don't pray for such thing but there is possibility.

My brother, I never wanted it too... and I fought against it, but my people will not agree so I concur. No burglary proof can save you in Nigeria, but it's just a preventive measure... I see only God as my Security... But if you leave in Rome act like Roman before the world blame you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
so this building should is about 4months now... Its not bad at all at this level
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 1:19am On Nov 02, 2014
spyder880:

Jesus . Am speechless, I know it's a small house but that is a very reasonable amount. Am building two units three bedrooms and I know how much I
have spent so far, I stay in Europe and someone is taking care of it for me. Sometimes it is your own people who are finishing us. Another food for thought.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by janykute: 2:25am On Nov 02, 2014
FastShipping:

Don't mean to be rude but e be like say you don overstay for that your oversea.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by FastShipping: 2:48am On Nov 02, 2014
janykute:

Don't mean to be rude but e be like say you don overstay for that your oversea.

Being overseas for 2, 3, 6, 4, 8, 40, 50, 11 years has nothing to do with it? It is personal choice that I don't like to live in a prison like home. Why should I have high fence with wires and high concrete walls, then I have to add burglary proof to it? That burglary proof won't protect you if big boys really want to get into your home. There are things available to cut down your so called burglary proof in less than two minutes.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:12am On Nov 02, 2014
FastShipping:

Being overseas for 2, 3, 6, 4, 8, 40, 50, 11 years has nothing to do with it? It is personal choice that I don't like to live in a prison like home. Why should I have high fence with wires and high concrete walls, then I have to add burglary proof to it? That burglary proof won't protect you if big boys really want to get into your home. There are things available to cut down your so called burglary proof in less than two minutes.

My man, better plan for a good burglary proof if you are in Nigeria, the security situation here is not funny at all. It is not as if the burglary proof will give you 100 % protection against vandalism or break ins, but it will reduce the ease of breaking in. I like it because it will slow down an intruder while I load my gun grin grin or at least call for help on phone.

What we do these days is to disguise burglary proofs as a part of aesthetics in the building, either use it as a flowery design, or a fancy art work to lesson the feel of being in prison. But it is important, if not some bad people will be encouraged with a quick and easy break in. God forbid.

4 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by FastShipping: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
spyder880:

My man, better plan for a good burglary proof if you are in Nigeria, the security situation here is not funny at all. It is not as if the burglary proof will give you 100 % protection against vandalism or break ins, but it will reduce the ease of breaking in. I like it because it will slow down an intruder while I load my gun grin grin or at least call for help on phone.

What we do these days is to disguise burglary proofs as a part of aesthetics in the building, either use it as a flowery design, or a fancy art work to lesson the feel of being in prison. But it is important, if not some bad people will be encouraged with a quick and easy break in. God forbid.
grin grin grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by lancee(m): 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
jerryunit48:
Jesus . Am speechless, I know it's a small house but that is a very reasonable amount. Am building two units three bedrooms and I know how much I
have spent so far, I stay in Europe and someone is taking care of it for me. Sometimes it is your own people who are finishing us. Another food for thought.

I agree with you sir , am about to start another project but am still scared of my people . I understand there is always a profit when you labour , but these people will want to eat you to the bone , thats why i dey folow this thread i can have more ideas on how to deal with them
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
lancee:

I agree with you sir , am about to start another project but am still scared of my people . I understand there is always a profit when you labour , but these people will want to eat you to the bone , thats why i dey folow this thread i can have more ideas on how to deal with them
Thank God there is nairaland property section, my brother abeg make we dey learn from here and be applying wisdom in our projects

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:18am On Nov 03, 2014
Oga Mufutau and all my people here, as I was thinking, there is a miscalculation of amounts remitted to me as I was building this house. I forgot to add a particular amount. This whole house building, materials, labour and supervision cost us a total of N2.1m so far. Please lets correct the earlier impression that it cost N1.8 as I wrongly calculated day before yesterday. Thanks.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by sharpsharp: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2014
@spyder880 the amount you have spent so far is considerable. Kindly upload pictures of the rooms. Are the rooms en suite with toilet and bathroom or centrally shared for the 2 rooms?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by sharpsharp: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
I just looked at the plan and saw that the 2 rooms share same bathroom and toilet.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
spyder880:
Oga Mufutau and all my people here, as I was thinking, there is a miscalculation of amounts remitted to me as I was building this house. I forgot to add a particular amount. This whole house building, materials, labour and supervision cost us a total of N2.1m so far. Please lets correct the earlier impression that it cost N1.8 as I wrongly calculated day before yesterday. Thanks.

That is still a good cost. You are too busy and bound to make mis-calculations... not new to us, Accountants. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
sharpsharp:
I just looked at the plan and saw that the 2 rooms share same bathroom and toilet.

We have two toilets in this house. In the plans there was supposed to be one toilet centrally located for the use of the two bedrooms and another toilet to serve as spare toilet and visitors use but later we decided to convert the visitor’s toilet as an en suite toilet to the inner bedroom. We had to create a door to connect the toilet to the bedroom. The second toilet is still located along the passage.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
spyder880:

We have two toilets in this house. In the plans there was supposed to be one toilet centrally located for the use of the two bedrooms and another toilet to serve as spare toilet and visitors use but later we decided to convert the visitor’s toilet as an en suite toilet to the inner bedroom. We had to create a door to connect the toilet to the bedroom. The second toilet is still located along the passage.

But we never see the re-modification of the plan... can you post it, if you have it and have the time? It will help some of us.

Hajji M.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
mufutau55:

But we never see the re-modification of the plan... can you post it, if you have it and have the time? It will help some of us.

Hajji M.

No sir, we did not modify the plans on paper, what we did was to shorten the passage and use the end of it as the new toilet, accessible through the last bedroom.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
spyder880:

No sir, we did not modify the plans on paper, what we did was to shorten the passage and use the end of it as the new toilet, accessible through the last bedroom.

Yes. Yes. That is what I remembered then, because we did have a discussion about it... I thought you finally do the paper stuffs.
Thank you for jogging my memory back.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed. / Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.