Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise (1899 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Netherlands Tourist Visa / Uk, Usa Visa Issues. Pls Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise by oyewolejos(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2008
Hi, pls my friend want to come to US for a tourist holiday for just 14 days or 21 days. but he need more info on what time of the day to bookan appointment for the interview.he is a cement dealer and he has over 4m naira in a Saving and loan bank ands preparing to get married in 6 months time can he use that has a tie to come back and he has a very promising business in Niaja.does tourist visa need b.t.a when he land in the USA.if yes how much does he need as b.t.a.he has all documents intact. he will be staying in a youth hostel booked online is that ok.can he extend or switch to another visa when he arrives in the US. if yes what type of visa can he switch to.what other document does he need to provide. hope to hear from you guys.
Re: Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise by vvvjustice: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2008
oyewolejos:

Hi, please my friend want to come to US for a tourist holiday for just 14 days or 21 days. but he need more info on what time of the day to book an appointment for the interview.
   Tourist visa indeed?
   Log on to their web site, you can google it out.

oyewolejos:

he is a cement dealer and he has over 4m naira in a Saving and loan bank ands preparing to get married in 6 months.
   Where would he be getting married in?
   And YES, it would be considered "a tie to come back to(since) he has a very promising business in Niaja". . .

oyewolejos:

does tourist visa need b.t.a when he land in the USA.if yes how much does he need as b.t.a.
   He might be required to show evidence of more than sufficient fund as B.T.A

oyewolejos:

he will be staying in a youth hostel booked online is that ok.
   And it's not bad to stay in a youth hostel, but it will definitely raise questions and doubts in the perspectives of the visa officer as to his financial capability. But why not a reasonable hotel? My friend, hostel doesn't look good on a Nigerian "tourist", it's just not satisfying in the opinion of a visa officer, it's enough evidence of economising costs, and that simply explains financial incapability which will result in visa refusal.

oyewolejos:

can he extend or switch to another visa when he arrives in the US. if yes what type of visa can he switch to.what other document does he need to provide. hope to hear from you guys.
   I thought you said he has obligations to return home for. But what's the significant of the home ties that you indicated since he's planning to manoeuvre his way somehow once in the United States? Now you're saying the real thing, a typical Nigerian migrating "tourist" indeed.
Re: Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise by bilms(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2008
hi man,

your frind just need to apply normanny for a three week holiday visa.

with his bank statement and he should be able to convince the consular not with his  documents, but with his answer to the question they ask him.

he does not need any b.t.a. usa is not lyk other countries ok.

your fiend can not extend any visa in usa. if he need an exetension, he must come back to nigeria for that.

just use a normal hotel reservtion and u dont hv a problem.

okay

and for the appointment, u can contact me to gt the appointment or u.

discuswithmayor@yahoo.com
Re: Usa Tourist Visa Issues Arise by Tegese: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2009
bilms:

and for the appointment, u can contact me to gt the appointment or u.
discuswithmayor@yahoo.com

official appointment or what?

(1) (Reply)

Returning Diasporans...what Do You Most Admire.... And Hate About Them? / I Have Information That Can Lead To The Arrest Of This Alleged Scammer. / Before The Construction Of River Niger Bridge, How People Crossed (1960's pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.