Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First (815 Views)

Unpopular Programming Languages That Are Still Lucrative / 10 Programming Languages That Could Shake The World / Should A Beginner Learn 2 Programming Languages At Once? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First by naijatechworld: 5:13am On Jul 12, 2014
1. Python
2. JavaScript
3. Ruby
4. C
5. Scheme
6. C#
7. Java
8. Scala
9. Assembly
10. D

Link ~> http://www.slant.co/topics/25/~what-is-the-best-programming-language-to-learn-first
Re: The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First by talk2hb1(m): 5:40am On Jul 12, 2014
Plz Define best
Before you start language Jihad

1 Like

Re: The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First by pjosh1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Assembly, but dat depends on what u want 2 do
Re: The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First by bb6xt(m): 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
If you'll ever be interested in functional programming in the future I advice you start with a functional programming language. I will strongly recommend Haskell, it is a general purpose, pure functional language. Scala is another alternative but it is not pure as it supports both functional and imperative paradigms. Scala also has the added advantage of giving you access to most popular java libraries and frameworks.

Why I recommend learning a functional language first is because it requires unlearning almost every thing you ever learned in conventional(imperative) languages hence making it somewhat more difficult for experienced programmers to learn and easier for people with a fresh mind uncorrupted by mutable state.

I feel like am rambling grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best Programming Languages That You Should Learn First by Donkunxex(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
guy....u don't want pple to start arguing here.... go to d Programming board.d first thread will answer u abeq

(1) (Reply)

What Programme To Know 1st As A Programming Beginner/novice / Computer Programming Experts #urgently Needed / Question Abt Bash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.