Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? (590 Views)

Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / A Detailed Narration Of The Tragedy Of Karbala On Ashura / Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by kennyosein(m): 9:30am On Jul 12, 2014
How do we Respond to one who uses the Narration that Ibn Umar Took from his Beard? – Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-‘Uthaymeen

Questioner: How do we respond to he who uses as proof the action of Ibn ‘Umar and Aboo Hurayrah in taking from the beard that which goes beyond the fist?

Shaykh: When did he take from it?

Questioner: Excuse me?

Shaykh: When did Ibn ‘Umar take from it?
Questioner: In that which is affirmed from Ibn ‘Umar, he took from…

Shaykh: When? When did he do it?

Questioner: In Hajj.

Shaykh: Tayyib. Those who use the action of Ibn ‘Umar as proof, unfortunately, do so beyond that. They say: Take from it during Hajj or other than it. The use of the evidence must be in accordance with the evidence (itself).

Questioner: So what about the other companions?

Questioner: Aboo Hurayrah.

Shaykh: This is affirmed from him?

Questioner: It has come within the Musannaf of Ibn Abee Shaybah.

Shaykh: How numerous are the weak narrations within the Musannaf of Ibn Abee Shaybah?! Let us agree with you, hypothetically, and say that it is authentically narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that he took from his beard on Hajj and other than it; also from Aboo Hurayrah, and so and so and such and such from the companions; we have the statement of their Imaam; the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), who said:
Let the beards flourish.

Did he say: You can take from the beard that which extends beyond the fist?

Questioner: No.

Shaykh: Tayyib. With what will you argue before your Lord on the Day of Standing? Allaah says:
And (remember) the Day (Allaah) will call to them, and say: “What answer gave you to the Messengers?” (Al-Qasas 28:65)
So what are you going to say? Are you going to say: O Allaah, I heard that Ibn ‘Umar or so and so from the companions did this? You can’t. You know? In the likes of these issues, if there has come a text, then do not ask (beyond that).
Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: “Stones are about to rain down upon you from the sky; I say to you: ‘Allaah’s Messenger said,’ and you say to me: ‘Aboo Bakr and ‘Umar said.’” Where is Ibn ‘Umar in comparison to ‘Umar? Where is Aboo Hurayrah in comparison to Aboo Bakr? In spite of this, Ibn ‘Abbaas repudiated the one who opposed the statement of the Allaah and the Messenger using the statement of these two Imaams; concerning whom the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
Follow the two who come after me; Aboo Bakr and ‘Umar.
And he said:
If they obey Aboo Bakr and ‘Umar then they will be rightly guided.
Do you understand? Take this principle with you: Do not oppose the statement of the Messenger with the statement or action of anyone. However, make an excuse for Ibn ‘Umar and Aboo Hurayrah in their opposing that which is apparent from the text. Make an excuse for them by way of this being Ijtihaad from them; therefore they are excused in it, just as ‘Uthmaan, may Allaah be pleased with him, is excused for completing the prayer while at Minaa. Take this as a principle with you. Any person who opposes the Qur’aan or the Sunnah, then make an excuse for him and do not seek to use his statement or action as evidence.
And all the praise is for Allaah, the Lord of all that exists; and may prayers and peace be upon Muhammad, his family and companions altogether.
Translated By Raha ibn Donald Batts
www.listofbidaa s..com

2 Likes

Re: Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by dragnet: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2014

Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: “Stones are about to rain down upon you from the sky; I say to you: ‘Allaah’s Messenger said,’ and you say to me: ‘Aboo Bakr and ‘Umar said.’”

mMm... JazaakumuLlahu khayr

1 Like

Re: Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by kennyosein(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
wa iyyakum

[quote author=dragnet][b]
Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: “Stones are about to rain down upon you from the sky; I say to you: ‘Allaah’s Messenger said,’ and you say to me: ‘Aboo Bakr and ‘Umar said.’”

That is the most alarming part and some muslim even choose their alfa's words over that of the prophet
Re: Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by dragnet: 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
kennyosein: wa iyyakum

I pray Allaah saves us from our hawa

2 Likes

Re: Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by kennyosein(m): 6:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Ameen
Re: Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
Jazakallaah khayran

2 Likes

Re: Narration That Ibn Umar Took From His Beard? by kennyosein(m): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Amin

(1) (Reply)

We Learnt So Many Things But Do Not Act On Them / Having A Ramadan-friendly Social Media Experience / Starvation Imminent In Somalia, Yemen,s. Sudan And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.