Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60923 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
isisnofret:
soory that is not tru.

Most of this nigerian moneyloving jetflying pastors are not real great man of God.

I agree with you. They have tragically sold out to THE LOVE OF MONEY (1st Timothy 6:10)

"They are dogs with mighty appetites; they never have enough. They are shepherds who lack understanding; they all turn to their own way, they seek their own gain." Isaiah 56:11

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Idiot, d topic was neva abt who stole or not, it was about giving, or are u so dumb u cant follow the thread carefully.

U bigger fool mentioning Swindlers name in a religious thread

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Imagine if Pastor comes to ur house after Preaching n Prayer dey start to do deir eye like fish waiting for u to give dem Some envelope
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by SimplySEA(m): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
dejilg: broda pls don't mock urself, Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek whom is the King o Salem(peace), what does dis prove? I asked u to show if this tithing doctrine was from Jesus himself or the apostles and you are here talkin abt the old testament? Did u know Abraham married his sister Sarah? Would u marry ur sister?! I know u r not a serious church goer nor a serious Christian for that matter. Am yet to receive a coherent response from u addressing the issue of tithing under the "new covenant-new testament----Christianity"
I no your type bro...... If u check my last post I didn't mention anything quote of myn from old testament aside the man's Malachi...! jus read the Hebrew passage and u'd see what I mean. pls be objective....! thanx......!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ihustler(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
This is the joy of christianity and the Bible...iallows itself to be scrutinized and debated as long as you are alive and have a point to prove.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by biodunid: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nehemiah confirms that it is the Levite who pays a tithe on his tithe to the treasure house referred to in Malachi. Xtians are turned to mugus for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
For those who are pro tithes why does God need you to give Him a 10th of everything – when He already owns everything? ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11 )

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by korebobo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
The last thing I would do is to take advice from someone who names herself "bigass" on NL....imagine NL 0l0sh0
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Navvy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
PastorAji:

WALAHI I DEY CRAZE angry angry angry angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
dis aint no matter of craze or not. IS HE CORRECT? YES OR NO?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Expsbterror(m): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hollamie007:

wen he told peter to fetch coin from the mouth of the fish what did he use it for.

Bible passage plz....
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Navvy(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Aint got nothing to say... I wont deny d fact that i have never seen oyedepo as a clean man. But judgement is God's alone!! And those screaming i am an oyedepo fan, i am a padtor chris fan and etc its obvious u goto church to worship your pastor nd not God.. Not only payin 10% of your earning is tithe but giving alms too and other good deeds.. Nd lastly dont forget judgement shall start from d house of d lord
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Expsbterror:

Bible passage plz....

Matt. 17:24-27. Mind you, the bible never indicated whether Peter caught the fish and then saw the coin. Neither was it shown that Peter paid the taxes. The story was left hanging.Therefore no assumptions should be made.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Bigsteveg(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
chamboy: U bigger fool mentioning Swindlers name in a religious thread

Mentioning swindlers name in a religious thread, d same people u beg for job? Iidiot, who are u to be the judge....wo, i am of the old testament, ur father is d bigger fool, if for say ur elder for ur family are well respected, u wont call anoda person a bigger fool. Thunder strike u.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Bigsteveg(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
cold:
Sorry bro,the joke is on you. Your god is pretty much useless. In fact,as useless as a used condom. In the words of Ifeness 'everyone should learn to say 'fukc god'every now and then'

Alainironu ara galatia
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
jaytee01: You brainwashed fool , I politely asked for the true position of things in church or is it company and you come online to post rubbish. Are you mad?
No I'm not, you are.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by cold(m): 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:
Alainironu ara galatia
Amadioha gbukwa gi eba! Onye ara di ka gi

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Frankoso(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tithe is a law now knw it that Grace & truth came through Jesus but the law came through Moses(jn1vs17)and Christ have abolished the law(eph2vs15).Therefore is no man justified by the deeds of the law but by faith(gal3vs10&11)and any who wants to be justified by the law Christ has become of no effect to that & he or she have fallen from grace(gal5vs4).Now if you have fallen from grace brought by Jesus who is the WAY,TRUTH & LIFE,will you still go to heaven?You must rightly divide the word of truth if you want to be in heaven(2tim 2vs15)
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jkingx(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
lastmessenger:
You want him to write 2 lines to prove that he is saying the truth.maybe the bible should have been 2 chapters to prove that it is Gods word.
Anyway he who has an ear let him hear.if you are a keeper of the law,remember to keep all.as for me i have been delivered from the curse of the law.
GBAM!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by eniorisha(m): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014
This long sermon was not composed to discourage anybody from giving or paying d controvercial tithe,rather d question d episode raise,to me is where do we pay it to & how is it being used? Who is benefitting more in d tithe we pay.

If the tithe & other offerings we pay are being used d way it should be used, then I see no reason why most M.O.Gs will take delight in interpreting some passages in d bible with self conscious mind.

The New Testament do not emphasise the tithe as d OT & vigourous preaching by MOGs on paying tithe;rather, d NT preach more of oneness in church, members as equal, no rich no poor basis. Are these still obtainable in our churches today? Remember d story of Anania & Safirah in act chap. 5 , d church did not request only one tenth of d money they get from selling their own land, but d church requested they give all not for d church to have branches all over d world,nor to buy luxuries nor make d disciples comfortable, but in d interest of all as one family.

My point is give as God has commanded not as MOGs has preached

May GOD help us all!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 14, 2014
Navvy: Aint got nothing to say... I wont deny d fact that i have never seen oyedepo as a clean man. But judgement is God's alone!! And those screaming i am an oyedepo fan, i am a padtor chris fan and etc its obvious u goto church to worship your pastor nd not God.. Not only payin 10% of your earning is tithe but giving alms too and other good deeds.. Nd lastly dont forget judgement shall start from d house of d lord

House of The Lord? Hmmmm! God does not use money. He expects you to use your money, not to maintain buildings, because he does not dwell in buildings. "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:" Acts 7:48

The whole tithe NEVER went to the Temple! According to Numbers 35, Joshua 20, 21 and First Chronicles 6, Levites and priests lived on borrowed land where they farmed and raised (tithed) animals. (Also 2nd Chron 11:13-14; Neh 12:27-29; 13:10; Mal 1:14.). The Levites are supposed to collect tithes in exchange for not inheriting land.

The Jews do not collect tithes anymore because the Levites are one of the lost tribes of Israel. I guess Oyedepo and "pastor" Chris are the new Levites.

If Nigerian Christians really want to follow the teachings of Christ, they should sell everything they have and give to the poor. Don't just give 10% folks, give all as Christ commanded◄ Matthew 19:21 ► ◄ Luke 18:22 ► ◄ Mark 10:21 ►

Why say Christ supported giving 10% when he actually asked that you "give everything to the poor." Giving 10% to Oyedepo and his ilk will save no one but giving 100% to the poor will according to Christ. So do what he says as a Christian or forever hold your peace on this issue.

The reason why Nigerians and many Christians want to hang on to 10% crap in spite of of the evidence in the Bible that it is not required is that it is easier to do than to sell everything and giving the money to the poor as is required of them. Which Nigerian Christian wants to do what Christ requires on giving? It is hard to do. The hypocritical Christians want to pick and choose what applies to them in the bible.

Forget the link of 10% tithe to prosperity. The only person that prospers on tithe is the receiving "pastor." I have never paid a dime in tithe and never will and yet I have prospered beyond my childhood dreams.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by cooljude(m): 2:28am On Jul 14, 2014
People argued some cursed at others. My take on this matter is, do what is good. It all comes down to the main question, what is the role of religion in our society. I believe in a creator(GOD) and i don't think things came from nothing, but i believe humans created so many religion because they don't understand so many things. My stand on this issue is that everyone should take the path that is better for themselves as long as it does not destroy the next person.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by adefund(m): 2:39am On Jul 14, 2014
na God will judge them....its all about brainwashing
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 4:00am On Jul 14, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Mentioning swindlers name in a religious thread, d same people u beg for job? Iidiot, who are u to be the judge....wo, i am of the old testament, ur father is d bigger fool, if for say ur elder for ur family are well respected, u wont call anoda person a bigger fool. Thunder strike u.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by usmanspihn(m): 4:37am On Jul 14, 2014
jhydebaba: Jesus pay tithe If no, then why are we paying tithe Or are we no longer following the path of christ

Yes he did, where he asked peter to get money from the mouth of the fishes. It wasn't for pizza
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 14, 2014
usmanspihn:

Yes he did, where he asked peter to get money from the mouth of the fishes. It wasn't for pizza

That was not to pay tithe friend. It was to pay taxes and there was no showing that Peter caught a fish with the coin in the Bible or that the tax was ever paid. Matt. 17:24-27. Jesus being a non Levite and a carpenter was exempted from tithe. No one but you has ever used this as evidence of Christ paying or supporting tithe.

Christ wanted you to give 100% to the poor not 10%. commanded◄ Matthew 19:21 ► ◄ Luke 18:22 ► ◄ Mark 10:21 ► Therefore, suck it up dude and do what he said and stop shoving the dumb tithe down our throat.

Like most hypocritical Christians, you want to bob and weave through the bible. When it is convenient you say you are no longer under the law but when it does you no good, you ignore the unambiguous teachings of New Testament to give 100% and insist on 10% in the Old Testament.

Jesus took a vow of poverty so should you because:

"The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful." Matt 13: 22
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lastpage: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
lawa18: Just read up to half and couldnt cope any longer. Learn to write to point

Ednut1: sorry i no fit read am.

osinachukwu: Abeg its too long summarize it or GnD

Its a shame that people of this generation find it difficult to READ & UNDERSTAND a write-up that is less than two pages!

How then can they read Novels, Magazines, Newspapers and not to mention even their Bibles? ...And we say the standard of education is falling in Nigeria, huh?

Back in those days, l remember l use to read Novels like James Hardley Chase, in less than 36 hrs (l still have to make out time to go to school and do normal household chores in-between).
I implore our younger ones to take a pause, take time to "read and assimilate".... and talk/chat less! The more you read (and assimilate), the more your repository of knowledge increases.

You just cant give what you dont have inside you... and the best way o "have it" is to 'assimilate' it by reading-up.
Even if you can 'Google it', you still have to read-up the web pages now, right?

Or are you people suffering from that medical term referred to as "Attention Deficit Disorder"?

Moreso, there are things that have a fundamental effect on your life, things that can change your life, your thinking and your relationship with others.
Pay attention to such things (like your relationship with God, whatever God you serve or proclaim, that is) and learn to "research/read-up" about them.
God will give una wisdom o!

Lastpage!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ednut1(m): 7:29am On Jul 14, 2014
lastpage:

Its a shame that people of this generation find it difficult to READ & UNDERSTAND a write-up that is less than two pages!

How then can they read Novels, Magazines, Newspapers and not to mention even their Bibles? ...And we say the standard of education is falling in Nigeria, huh?

Back in those days, l remember l use to read Novels like James Hardley Chase, in less than 36 hrs (l still have to make out time to go to school and do normal household chores in-between).
I implore our younger ones to take a pause, take time to "read and assimilate".... and talk/chat less! The more you read (and assimilate), the more your repository of knowledge increases.

You just cant give what you dont have inside you... and the best way o "have it" is to 'assimilate' it by reading-up.
Even if you can 'Google it', you still have to read-up the web pages now, right?

Or are you people suffering from that medical term referred to as "Attention Deficit Disorder"?

Moreso, there are things that have a fundamental effect on your life, things that can change your life, your thinking and your relationship with others.
Pay attention to such things (like your relationship with God, whatever God you serve or proclaim, that is) and learn to "research/read-up" about them.
God will give una wisdom o!

Lastpage!
ur nothing but a fool. i cant waste my time reading religious BS. dat wud change ntin. mtcheew. mr i too knw and mind you u will gain nothing doin research on religious tinz because most of d stories dont add up. so have faith and practice
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dazzlingd(m): 7:32am On Jul 14, 2014
handsomeness: Pay your tithe and escape financial hardship.
Ok sir,....but am I supposed to pay tithe for the fear of financial hardship?...and is paying tithe the only means I can give?....wat if I see a brethren in need and I give out of goodwill or rather withhold that particular money and take it to the church to fulfil the custom and all righteousness by paying it as tithe? (Wit the faith and believe of getting blessed as I do)...Sir, which is more cheerful & honourable ?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2014
SimplySEA: I no your type bro...... If u check my last post I didn't mention anything quote of myn from old testament aside the man's Malachi...! jus read the Hebrew passage and u'd see what I mean. pls be objective....! thanx......!
u mean I am the type dat gets u fretting? Well show me whom the Apostles paid tithes or where dey collected tithe and wen its been taught in the new testament! Engage meaningfully and don't dodge. Stay cool!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ceeceeco: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Oyedepo dis, oyedepo dat. Anytin concerning winners, i'm not interested. Most of their members just go there 2 show off. Others go there because of its beauty. U claim 2 be the richest pastor, but how much have u been helping ur poor members? By taking 4rm dem & adding 2 ur wealth. Oyedepo is wealthy enof 2 be feeding his members every Sunday. He has one of d best universities in Nigeria but how many of his members has he granted scholarship? The fact is dat people have already been blindfolded by his teachings, the beauty of the church & its progress. Why is it dat 80% of d people dat attend winners are rich people? Hmmm! Dia is God o. Do not mock him ...#I rep catholic#
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lastpage: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2014
It took the catholic Church thousands of years to recognize and condemn paedophilia!

It was only recently that Pentecostal churches like RCCG, Mountain of fire, Convenant, e.t.c decided to accept that "God" (The Father of Christ) has a "real and personal name" - Jehovah!
They use to call him God/Lord in all their prayers and refrain from calling his real name! grin

Not until recently did Christians and MOG's begin to accept that 'Christmas' was not actually a celebration of the birth Of Christ as He was never born on December 25th nor in December at all (Winter Period! shocked )

Just like the "sheeples" were reluctant to accept "the truth" in those issues above, so are they today in accepting that over-preaching of Tithe is just a con-man's trade! wink

I am sure, with time, these our Tithe-muzzling MOG's will come to accept that Tithe is not a requirement for Salvation nor to be blessed by God.

Let us just remain vigilant, no need to quarrel.

But blessed are those who have seen the 'light' and are unrelentlessly trying to help others see the light, in what God requires of us.

Lastpage!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lastpage: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2014
ednut1: ur nothing but a fool. i cant waste my time reading religious BS. dat wud change ntin. mtcheew. mr i too knw and mind you u will gain nothing doin research on religious tinz because most of d stories dont add up. so have faith and practice

Now l know why you cant read anything longer than two sentences! grin grin grin
Your head is empty of "grey matter"! wink wink kiss kiss

Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Kidnap Of 5 RCCG Pastors: Nigerians Blast Pastor Adeboye / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.