Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60921 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by layez: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Curse men of God and be Cursed!!! Irrespective of the criticism,he will 4evaly be my Mentor!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by SangoCrusader: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Did anybody actually read that? shocked

People have time...

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by fasho01(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2014
freshness2020: Walk not in ignorance my friends !
The spiritual supersedes the physical.
You don't read the bible like you read any other books!
What I know is that, know the truth and be set free!
What I found out about Africans is that, when it comes to Money and religion , that's is when our five senses pops out to counter!
SMH!!!

Its only natural that when you're pushed to the wall, you fight back.
Africans counter money & religion because our preacher's have matced those two so well & made it inseperable.
African preachers dwell mainly on prosperity gospel, no suprises they are the richest in the world.
I have always faulted their style of over magnifying givings to the church.
Now the truth has been highlighted from the scriptures..I just hope it sets those in its bondage free

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2014
lastmessenger:
You want him to write 2 lines to prove that he is saying the truth.maybe the bible should have been 2 chapters to prove that it is Gods word.
Anyway he who has an ear let him hear.if you are a keeper of the law,remember to keep all.as for me i have been delivered from the curse of the law.
you had better think about being delivered from the curse of the law.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mj(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2014
The commandment to tithe was part of the Law that Jehovah God gave to the 12 tribes of ancient Israel more than 3,500 years ago. That Law decreed that a tenth of the produce of the land and fruit trees and a tenth of the increase of the herds be given to the tribe of Levi in support of their services at the tabernacle.—Leviticus 27:30, 32; Numbers 18:21, 24.

Jehovah assured the Israelites that the Law ‘would not be too difficult for them.’ (Deuteronomy 30:11) As long as they faithfully observed Jehovah’s commandments, including tithing, they had his promise of abundant harvests. And as a protection, an additional yearly tithe, normally consumed when the nation met for its religious festivities, was regularly set aside. Thus ‘the alien resident, the fatherless boy, and the widow’ could be satisfied.—Deuteronomy 14:28, 29; 28:1, 2, 11-14.

The Law did not specify a penalty for failing to tithe, but each Israelite was under a strong moral obligation to support true worship in this way. In fact, Jehovah accused Israelites who neglected tithing in Malachi’s day of ‘robbing him in tithes and offerings.’ (Malachi 3:8, New International Version) Could the same charge be leveled at Christians who do not tithe?

Well, consider. National laws are not normally valid outside a country’s borders. For example, the law that obliges motorists in Britain to drive on the left does not apply to drivers in France. Similarly, the law requiring tithing was part of an exclusive covenant between God and the nation of Israel. (Exodus 19:3-8; Psalm 147:19, 20) Only the Israelites were bound by that law.

In addition, although it is true that God never changes, his requirements sometimes do. (Malachi 3:6) The Bible states categorically that the sacrificial death of Jesus, in 33 C.E., “blotted out,” or “abolished,” the Law and with it the “commandment to collect tithes.”—Colossians 2:13, 14; Ephesians 2:13-15; Hebrews 7:5, 18.

8 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2014
jnrbayano: Ghen ghen!!!

Wait for them to return from church.

These people are trained in defending tithe even to death. cheesy
at least we are not trained to kill

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2014
hoasis: The Tithing Laws & New Covenant Giving
Fiction: "The tithe is the firstfruits, off the top before you do anything (including pay your bills)— the gross, not the net."

Fact: The Bible does not teach that the tithe is the firstfruits or that the firstfruits were the "first tenth" or one-tenth at all.

The Bible does not use the words "tithe" and "firstfruits" interchangeably or synonymously as if they have the same meaning. In fact, these two terms have two different meanings. The word "tithe" simply means the tenth part -- not the "FIRST" tenth part as some religious leaders falsely teach. The word "tithe" does not mean the "FIRST" of anything. It is a mathematical term which simply means the tenth part. The word "firstfruit" on the other hand DOES mean the "FIRST" part -- it is the FIRST agricultural portion of a harvest.

Scripture shows that the tithe and the firstfruits were two separate distinct ordinances (for example in Nehemiah 10:35-37 and 2 Chronicles 31:5). These two ordinances were carried out very differently. They were not one-in-the-same. The children of Israel understood that the tithe was different and distinct from the firstfruits. Yet many Christians are not aware of this and false shepherds take advantage of their ignorance.

Here are some differences between the tithe and the firstfruits:

-The tithe was one-tenth. Firstfruits were not one-tenth (they were a small amount of food that could fit in a handheld basket).

-The tithe was not the "FIRST" of anything. Firstfruits *were* the FIRST (they were a small portion of the FIRST of one's harvest).

-Tithers did not bring their tithe directly to the Old Covenant temple. Firstfruits *were* taken directly to the Old Covenant temple.

Things you ought to know about firstfruits:

-Firstfruits were always food, NEVER money or income.

-Firstfruits had to come from the holy land of Israel ONLY. Not pagan lands.

-Firstfruits had to be blessed by a Levitical priest on the altar in the Old Covenant temple. Yet there are no Levitical priests today, because Jesus did away with the Levitical priesthood and made the entire body of Christ a holy priesthood (1 Peter 2:5, 9). And the Old Covenant temple with its altar don't exist anymore. It was destroyed around 70 A.D. Religious leaders are not modern-day "Levitical priests," church-buildings are not the temple of God, and altars in church-buildings are not the modern-day equivalent of the altar in the Old Covenant temple.

-After the firstfruits were blessed on the altar in the Old Covenant temple, they were shared between the giver, the Levitical priests and strangers in Israel and eaten in celebration.

Are we commanded to give firstfruits offerings in the New Covenant?

No. It is impossible to keep the firstfruits ordinance today. The firstfruits ordinance required the Levitical priesthood, the Old Covenant temple, and food from the holy land of Israel. Both the Levitical priesthood and the Old Covenant temple have been done away with. Neither exists anymore. Today, we (the body of Christ) are the priesthood and God's temple. And most of us do not live in the holy land of Israel, so we are not able to give the first portion of a harvest from the holy land. Man-made monopoly money with pagan images on it does not qualify as a holy firstfruit.

Jesus nor the apostles spoke of money as a firstfruits offering. The apostles spoke of Jesus as the "firstfruits" of the resurrection, because He is the first person to be resurrected from the dead in glorified body never to die again (1 Corinthians 15:20-23).

The apostles also spoke of the first Christians as being the "firstfruits" of God, because they were among the first in their region to come to Christ and experience salvation (Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:15).

Revelations 14:4 says that the 144,000 Jews were purchased as "firstfruits" to God and to the Lamb.

Romans 8:23 says that all Christians have "the firstfruits of the Spirit", meaning that the Holy Spirit is the first blessing or benefit of our salvation. He gives us a foretaste of future glories to come -- namely the redemption of our mortal bodies.

So we see that in the New Covenant, Jesus is the firstfruit of the resurrection, all Christians are a kind of firstfruit or special offering to God, and we all have the "firstfruits of the Spirit." But there is no mention of money being a firstfruit offering.

The bottom line is that the firstfruits were the FIRST crops of a harvest in the holy land of Israel, not MONEY or income -- ever. The firstfruits were DISTINCT from the tithe -- there was no such thing as a "firstfruits tithe" in Scripture. Furthermore, both the tithe and the firstfruits offering came from the NET, not the GROSS. The teaching that "the tithe is the firstfruits, off the top before you do anything (including pay your bills)— the gross, not the net" is a FALSE unbiblical man-made teaching. Sounds like someone is pretty desperate for the hard-earned money of Christians.

The New Covenant teaches proportional giving from a cheerful heart, not tithing, not firstfruits offerings. Come out of the old and into the New.

Scripture references for firstfruits: Exodus 23:19; Exodus 34:26; Leviticus 23:17; Deuteronomy 18:1-5; Deuteronomy 26:1-11; Numbers 18:12-17.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Exit Churchianity,
The Tithing Laws & New Covenant Giving

Interesting read! To be honest I have always struggled paying these 2 things.

1) Paying my tithe from my gross- problem being by the time I have money left in bank income tax of +-45% is already gone, car installment gone, apartment installment gone, Uif( Unemployment Insurance), medical aid fee gone et al. By the time I get the rest I find it difficult to pay what I did not have so I go back to what my NET was and pay the tenth of my NET.

2) Firstfruits or 100% tithe- this has been a total disaster to me, just never could afford it, never! I always wondered how others did it?

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jnrbayano(m): 10:21am On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: at least we are not trained to kill

Boko boys are....do wanna add another?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mencade5(m): 10:23am On Jul 13, 2014
no more will i make oyedepo, adeboye, kumuyi, oyakilome and their children richer.

I paid tithe to myself by opening an account where i deposit money, at the end of every year, i use the money to cater for the needy and those in the motherless babies home.

With these and serving God faithfully, i will make heaven.

9 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by scanp(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
dnt say wat will bring generation curse 2 u...... If his a thief den ur pastor wat
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Jazzgreen(m): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2014
thank God my church doesnt pay tithe,thats an old judaic law, christianity i know only said "give as you will" . dont mind those pastors milkin members by usin the old law . later they'll still be the ones shoutin "we'r not under the law but grace #thieves.
God bless the CHURCH OF CHRIST. [C.O.C]

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by NigeriaArmy15(m): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2014
The new testament said Jesus christ died for our sin and pay all our debts, I wonder why all this "Devil hand tools" who parade themselves as man of God still make reference to the old testament, come to think of it, this so called man of God aren't different from the yahoo boys. Scam is Scam, its just that they deceive us with Christ, imagine the insanity, I'd drop 1/10th of my money and a useless man will tell me to kneel down facing the sky with tears, n that something special will happen to me. Anyone who read Ngugi wa Thiongo's Devil on the cross will know what am say.....#Who is Bishop Oyedepo, the man who owns 2 private university in Nigeria(Landmark and Covenant) yet 80% population of his members couldn't send their children to the school, the man who owns 4 private jets when I have just a car and many of his members trek to church, the man who publicly slap a girl, the man who has the biggest church in Africa.......mehn we are just suffering and feeding this people fat with the little we have! Chai--

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Albert0011(m): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2014
angela98: thank u my friend. Most times I question, with all their shows of enormous wealth, why couldn't they establish their school for the aim to support their members whom are struggling financially. This oyedepo (aka oyemoney) are ripping people off in the name of tithe with no empathy. Let it be known that God never created tithe nor any religion. They are all man made things. Since religion is created by man, this world lost its peace. So so wickedness in the world all in the name of religion. When I was growing up, I used to think that Jerusalem is heaven. Until I visited isreal in recent years. I was left disappointed with what I experienced. I believe in God. God has been so good to me. I do not need to be contributing the little money I have to a pastor. I can save up the money instead, to pay someone medical bill, feed someone, cloth someone, pay someone's school fees etc. Life shouldn't be a competition. Wisdom, humility, simplicity, contentment, honesty and empathy breeds lesser stress and longer life.
God will surely bless u 4 saying the absolute truth.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nicetboy(m): 10:29am On Jul 13, 2014
For me I think everything goes with self decision if you decide giving your tithe to church good, if you decide giving to poor is equally good. I prefer giving mine to the poor,needy and orphanage.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 13, 2014
date1816: 9:30 The Jews say, “Ezra is the son of Allah “; and the Christians say, “The Messiah is the son of Allah .” That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
9:31 They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.
9:32 They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it.
9:33 It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.
9:34 O you who have believed, indeed many of the Pastors and the Bishops devour the wealth of people unjustly and avert [them] from the way of Allah . And those who hoard gold and silver and spend it not in the way of Allah – give them tidings of a painful punishment.
9:35 The Day when it will be heated in the fire of Hell and seared therewith will be their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, [it will be said], “This is what you hoarded for yourselves, so taste what you used to hoard.”

Please just get the he'll away from here! Alahh, Alahh, what does this got to do with this your gibberish writing? We are Christians bought sanctified by the blood of Christ and not confused about Whom we serve. Please try fishing next door. Opportunistic!

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by wacuc0: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2014
On the issue of tithe. I think it is basically thought about in the old testerment. During Chirst time never any where is the issue of titthe mentioned. It is basically because of the 10% in the tithe that it is making news here and there. In the Bible, the book of Malachy "... you have robbed me in your tithe and offering..." no body, no pastor ever mentioned or lay emphasis on offering because no percentage was attached to it. The new testament tells us to give and give continually. The disciples in the book of ACTs gathered to give all for the work of God not 10% to church or pastor. Christ once said You saw me hungry you did noot give me food, you saw me nacked you did not give me clothe. The question is when did we see you my Lord. The poor and hungry people you see along and ingore them to give millions to pastors ars the Christ we are talking of. Then which one is the best, to Honour Christ or honour pastors.

4 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2014
Christianity in Nigeria have lost it, Imagine VIP sessions and Bouncers in Church.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2014
jnrbayano:

Boko boys are....do wanna add another?
u mean those who kill screaming praises to your god, I know you r restricted by sanity and our culture, but don't go blaming it on boko boys...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2014
layez: Curse men of God and be Cursed!!! Irrespective of the criticism,he will 4evaly be my Mentor!
who gave the testimony that he is a man of God? Did God tell u dis? And wats ur point exactly? Cos even sinners have mentors.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ayoJ21(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2014
Hey! Pastor Amoda, why shud u fault anybody's teaching.. Jus do ur own teachin and stop unnecessary condemnation.
We all kno many of u ave forgotten d primary assignment which is to win souls by preaching d Gospel buh what will see allover now is preaching on ow to get rich quickly and never come down again as if u ar Economics lecturers. Peace out. END TIME SIGNALS!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by NigeriaArmy15(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2014
layez: Curse men of God and be Cursed!!! Irrespective of the criticism,he will 4evaly be my Mentor!
And you will 4everly be in bondage in Jesus name (Amen)
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2014
At My Age, I Don't Comment On Uselex Post!!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 10:36am On Jul 13, 2014
ayoJ21: Hey! Pastor Amoda, why shud u fault anybody's teaching.. Jus do ur own teachin and stop unnecessary condemnation.
We all kno many of u ave forgotten d primary assignment which is to win souls by preaching d Gospel buh what will see allover now is preaching on ow to get rich quickly and never come down again as if u ar Economics lecturers. Peace out. END TIME SIGNALS!
it's how to break yolk and become rich my church preaches every sunday

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2014
timilehing: God's instruction is that we should pay 10% of income to His house................. What the pastors/bishops used it for it not your concern, its between them and God!!
In other words, if you believe a church or denomination is a House of God, pay your tithe their and if not, look elsewhere.

I na-aghota?

show me where it is said "10%" of ur INCOME? For crying out loud, we are not under d law anymore. If we are 2 judiciously obey tithing, then, burnt offering,obeying of sabath, et al in d old testament. Ponder on this...wat is d use of giving to pastor ur 10 percent who is damn rich and says is not ur concern how d money is used OR giving ur neighbour,beggar, or stranger whom u no doesnt have anything and u know dat d income u gave will go a long way in helping a soul. Christ said wateva u do to d least of my broda, datz wat u do to him. WEN U GIVE SOMEONE SOMTIN WHOM U KNOW WILL GO A LONG WAY IN HELPING DAT PERSON NO MATTER HOW LITTLE....DATZ SATISFACTION. OTHERWISE, DATS FOOLISHNESS

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2014
chamboy: Christianity in Nigeria have lost it, Imagine VIP sessions and Bouncers in Church.
abi oh, Pastors get body guard, suddenly Jesus no fit protect dem anymore (well it is to be expected from thieves)

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by layez: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2014
dejilg: who gave the testimony that he is a man of God? Did God tell u dis? And wats ur point exactly? Cos even sinners have mentors.

who gave the testimony that tis not?? Did satan tell u dis? My point is all ur blabbing no gt meaning
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 13, 2014
angela98: thank u my friend. Most times I question, with all their shows of enormous wealth, why couldn't they establish their school for the aim to support their members whom are struggling financially. This oyedepo (aka oyemoney) are ripping people off in the name of tithe with no empathy. Let it be known that God never created tithe nor any religion. They are all man made things. Since religion is created by man, this world lost its peace. So so wickedness in the world all in the name of religion. When I was growing up, I used to think that Jerusalem is heaven. Until I visited isreal in recent years. I was left disappointed with what I experienced. I believe in God. God has been so good to me. I do not need to be contributing the little money I have to a pastor. I can save up the money instead, to pay someone medical bill, feed someone, cloth someone, pay someone's school fees etc. Life shouldn't be a competition. Wisdom, humility, simplicity, contentment, honesty and empathy breeds lesser stress and longer life.

Please people why does this seem to be a personal attack to the person of Ayedepo alone? When almost all pastors are preaching the same lines?

This is not right let us not single one person, who exactly in all the "mogs" preaches differently from this? For an example. Still not getting why Ayedepo guy only seems to be getting the flack! undecided
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2014
HARDUBUY: ...More often than not, the contents of the bible and the activities of christains are two parallel line...it's not the latters fault but the consistent contradictions in the former that leads to complacencies...imagine a person having 28 bibles... yes, its for real.
28 versions of the bible.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Vivipop(f): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2014
I remember when I argued this very fact with one of my friends then,we argued so much that we secretly despised each other in our hearts. I came to realize that a stunch Tithe payer has been brainwashed so much that he can't differentiate between spiritual slavery and and total salvation/freedom. But then,to each his own. For me to take my money to anybody that calls himself a man of God in the name of Tithe paying is a big fat hot piling load of black lie I'll rather take it to the needy or better still help pay someone's hospital bill Anonymously.

5 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mondaypaul77(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Whoever the Author of these write up is; I believe he is the most clueless teacher of the word. You don't have to interpret the bible with your subnormal mental reasoning. Please rely on the direction of God. Don't counter my father in the lord.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by sarutobie(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2014
bitterpenis:
I tire honestly, if churches were giving back to the society by providing free education from nursery, primary, secondary schools, if possible university as well, set up free job vocational centres, welfare homes..... they rake in millions if not billions from offerings and tithe payment monthly yet nothing to show for it except lavish personal lifestyles of church head pastors and senior pastors, private jets, exotic latest cars...I would understand the emphasis for tithe payments
the churches should provide free education from nursery to university and your government does what? why not allow the churches to run the government as well...churches are providing education to university level but you say it is too costly...just because you get subsidised education from the government's igr from oil, agriculture etc? The churches I know open boreholes, run orphanages, sponsor students in schools. some say " but I will rather give the money to the poor and beggars" but in reality, they NEVER do even that! how many of you even know the interior colour of the orphanage homes in your community? the prisons nko? the hospitals? when mary magdalene poured expensive perfume on the feet of jesus and cleaned it with her hair, judas protested saying the same thing most of you say "why waste such a perfume, it could have been sold and the monies given to the poor"..but we all know judas was a crooked fellow....

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jnrbayano(m): 10:39am On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: u mean those who kill screaming praises to your god, I know you r restricted by sanity and our culture, but don't go blaming it on boko boys...

So you do know my God huh? I never knew you know me this much.

Whatever your innuendos are this morning they are strickly yours and you are not dragging me that lane this peaceful Sunday morning young fellow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.