Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. (29031 Views)

Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers / Picture Puzzles To Keep Your Eyes & Brain Active / The Logic Games, Riddles And Puzzles Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
deadie:

Well, the question is what is the minimum number of times that you can pick in order to correctly identify each box, and that is your answer.
No the question says what is the fewest number of marble you
could remove from the boxes and look at in
order to definitely determine the content of
all the three boxes not the number of times. Simple English.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Wow
thread for gurus,I better leave with my empty coconut head.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by san316(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tha ansa eis 4. Two two from two of the boxes. The other will b knwn
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by deadie(m): 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ichiato: No the question says what is the fewest number of marble you
could remove from the boxes and look at in
order to definitely determine the content of
all the three boxes not the number of times. Simple English.

You are probably the one who does not understand simple English. Must I use exactly the same words that he used? I read the post once and understood the content and did not need to memorize the exact words used, Mr/Ms. complex English. Mind your language. In order words, I need to look at 3 tiles/marbles to identify the boxes if you will.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by philtrum(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
lobell: The answer is one marble.
EXPLANATION
Pick one marble from the box labelled one white one black, but which we know to contains either two white or two black marbles. Then take the correct label for it from one of the remaining two boxes. Now you have one box correctly labelled, you have one label in your hand, one box without a label and one box with a wrong label. Take label from the incorrectly labelled box and put on the box without a label then put the label in your hands on the last box.QED

@Op .....Ino know say u no book oo
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
deadie:

You are probably the one who does not understand simple English. Must I use exactly the same words that he used? I read the post once and understood the content and did not need to memorize the exact words used, Mr/Ms. complex English. Mind your language. In order words, I need to look at 3 tiles/marbles to identify the boxes if you will.
If the number of marbles you have to pick to rightly determine the content of the boxes is the same has the number of times you're allowed to pick then I rest my case.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by jaybee(f): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
THREE (3)
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Amadaz(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
I will be the last prsn on earth to begin try say I wan solve any fukin riddle. I no get better thing wey I go take my time and head do? *sighs*
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

4 is the answer I guess.

From the labels, though incorrect you deduce we have 3 white and 3 black balls.

And when you have picked from the 1st 2 boxes, you get a 100% idea whats in the last box.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
let me try again initially misread the question.
the answer is surely surely one ball oh.had to
draw it out.lets say the boxes are incorrectly
labeled xBB,yWW,zBW.knowing that zBW is
wrongly labeled,that means zBW is actually WW
or BB.xBB cant be BB,yWW cant be WW.
so if you pick W in the xBB box,that means it contains WB cus,yWW cant be WW .so xBB is acually WB,then yWW
is BB and zBW is WW.emember it is the best
possible odds.the boxes can be picked in any
order,the probability remains 1.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by cannonnier(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
50calibre:

You didn't understand me, the rules didn't state pick only 1 marble from each box or pick from all 3 boxes.

Therefore I'm saying since the order is this way

BB WW BW

I'm just going to empty two boxes, 2 from each and based on what I pick out of these 2 boxes, I can say for sure what's in the 3rd regardless of it's label.
yeah that will be right then wink. I think I read it saying you have to pick once in a box in turns.

2 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by donluclay(m): 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
Six(6) is my answer. The only way you can properly label the boxes with respect to its content is by taking out all the content and simply putting them back. Then you label them properly. ie, take out the 2 in box 1, 2 and 3. 2+2+2= 6. *bows*

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by TRADELYN: 8:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
grin Hope I'm not too late?

Any Research Work here grin
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by sleemoon(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Walahi am lost.. I dnt even undastnd 1 single tin... Nd am sure m not d only 1 ....

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by jamace(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
4 balls (inspection of 2 boxes )
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by cannonnier(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
hiroz: you need just 1,if you pick the black ball,you know what the others are.there is just 1 black ball and 5whites.the question said the fewest number of balls.here is my example,if only 1 nairalander has blonde hair,and we are 1million,if seun has to pick that single blonde the range of probability is from 1 to 1million while eliminating each wrong choice and fewest chance here is 1,cus improbable as it may be,seun could pick the blonde nairalander at 1st guess..
You did even understand the puzzle at all, there are (2whites), (2black), (1white & 1black) assume the bracket to be the boxes, so we have total 5backs and 5whites.

Go back and read it again.

And If you pick only one then how will you decide which box has WW BB or BW.

Humbly waiting for your answer. grin gringrin

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by VoodooDoll(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Two marbles to ensure all boxes contain a mixture.

Bb | ww | bw

Pick one white and one black from the |bb| and |ww| boxes to give you:

Bw| bw | bw

So irrespective of label, you know each box contains a bw combination and have definitely determined the contents.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
cannonnier: If you pick only one then how will you decide which box has WW BB or BW.

Humbly waiting for your answer. grin gringrin
yes yes!i read the question wrong.let me check again.*chai i dn solve dust
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
You must remove two marble from at least one of the boxes. Explanation: 2/3 of the boxes contain at least 1 white or 1 black. Assuming you pick a black from box A, a white from box B and a black from box C. If in your second draw,you pick a white from box A. Then box B contains all white and box C contains all black. If however your second pick from box A turns out to be black, then you must see the colour in either B or C to know the colour in the remaining box.

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by dukila: 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
The answer is ONE(1). Remember the boxes re all labelled incorrectly.

Assuming we ve boxes XYZ with content (x)WW (y)BB (z)BW respectively but INCORRECTLY labeled (x)BW (y)WW (z)BB. If we pick one ball from box X which will definitely be a white ball(W), it will invariably mean the other ball is white bc the label says BW which is KNOWN TO BE INCORRECT in d first place so box (X) ascertained to be WW.
Since we now know tht box X is WW then it means tht box Y can only b BW or BB nd box Z can only be BW or BB.
Y= BB or BW
Z= BB or BW
Remember box(Z) IS INCORRECTLY marked BB, therefore it cannot be BB but BW nd since we now tht box Z is BW then it invariably means box Y is BB.
Am I on track?
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Arosa(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
The correct answer is one marble. this is too simple for me. grin grin grin
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
adekayo1234 has solved it.
where is your next puzzle?
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by whosefault(f): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
white= w
black = b
we have the following colors in each box
ww
bb
wb
there is a probability of 2/3 of the same colors in the three box.
the possible number of times to correct wrong label is 2.
1. WW--label-WB
2. BB--label-WW
3. WB--label-BB

Answer.
first move.
move B in 1 to W in 2

second move.
move W in 2 to B in 3.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by cannonnier(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
hiroz: yes yes!i read the question wrong.let me check again.*chai i dn solve dust

Me and 50caliber have already solved it. Waiting for OP cool cool
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
OP where is your next puzzle? I've solved it. If I didn't, tell me how! Fewest number of marbles is 4!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by raystanley(m): 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Answer=1/6
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by lordnammy(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Since each of the boxes was labeled incorrectly. The fewest marble that cld be remove is 0
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

the answer is surely surely one ball oh.had to draw it out.lets say the boxes are incorrectly labeled 1BB,2WW,3BW.knowing that 3BW is wrongly labeled,that means 3BW is actually WW or BB.
so if you pick W in the 1BB box,that means it contains WB cus,2WW cant be WW cus it ís wrongly labeled.so 1BB is acually WB,then 2WW is BB and 3BW is WW.emember it is the best possible odds.the boxes can be picked in any order,the probability remains 1.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by cannonnier(m): 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
50calibre:

please quote me when OP give out the answer, going to sport section. Brazil on the brink.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by ayoola190: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
simple logic...answer is five
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by saintneo(m): 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2014

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

1 ball only.

Let the incorrectly labeled boxes be WW, BB, WB. Since the boxes are labeled incorrectly, then WB contains 2W or 2B, WW and BB can contain 1W1B or two balls of the same colour. Consequently, we pick one ball from WB only.

If we pick a black ball from WB, then WB contains 2B, WW contains 1W1B and BB contains 2W.
However, if we pick a white ball from WB, then WB contains 2W, WW contains 2B and BB contains 1W1B.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Let Us Set World Record For Counting 1-100,000,000,000 / Can You Name All The Wrestlers In This Drawing? / Whats Your Score ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.