Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty (3690 Views)

How To Reduce The SALTY Taste Of That Food / Solution To Salty Food / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
I am expecting my aunt to visit soon. I've prepared a nice okro soup with plenty bushmeat(dats how she likes it ). But the thing is, I accidentally added too much salt and now my fantastic soup is salty.
Plz any advice on how to salvage my soup? Is there any substance that can remove it?
Now experienced cooks in da house, over to you. Save me from shame and insults.
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by nero2face: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
It's simple, add a little red oil...boil de soup and de more salty potion will go down de pot...collect de upper potion and "manage it"..
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by DONOCSO(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
add water, open the top and cook the soup so that the salt will escape. please dont come back to ask me how to make your soup salty oh!
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by Joysmart(f): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
peel and adf some irish potatoes it will absoev some salt
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by Joysmart(f): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
peel and adf some irish potatoes and boil it will absorb some salt
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by Taiwo20(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Add more okro and more water
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by adanduka: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
Joysmart: peel and adf some irish potatoes and boil it will absorb some salt

Add Irish potatoes and warm the soup, then remove the potatoes.
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Thanks all.
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by spyg1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
nero2face: It's simple, add a little red oil...boil de soup and de more salty potion will go down de pot...collect de upper potion and "manage it"..
won't it smell raw?
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by spyg1(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
Dpress: Thanks all.
you are welcm. But Nothing is more annoying to me than salty soup, so try and avoid that mistake.
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by okirewaju(f): 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
That's it, peel potato/yam and boil with the soup for some time then remove them!
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by crowntoro(f): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2014
hmmmmmmmmm@comments grin
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by MadCow1: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2014
Remove all the meat from the soup, lick it clean and and use them to cook a new soup. #Shikina.
Re: Please Advice On How To Make Soup Less Salty by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
MadCow1: Remove all the meat from the soup, lick it clean and and use them to cook a new soup. #Shikina.
like seriosly?

(1) (Reply)

Palm Oil And Palm Kernel Oil / Please, Does Anybody Know How To Make PANCAKE?? I Wanna Learn Please.... :D / Do You Like Garlic Scent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.