Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (18807 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by fubbyy(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
DeeMain: I think Nigeria should use this transition period to find a great coach who can fit into our system.

I have issues with Keshi. Keshi is not tactically savvy. Yes, he has won us the Nation's Cup, but we shouldn't allow that to cloud our judgement. His team has no shape, his team lacks basic organization (they are all over the place). The commentators were even alarmed and made fun at how poorly organized we were. His substitutions and choices are mediocre (remember Reuben Gabriel for Onazi). What of his choices of players to the WC? How can an ambitious coach go to the World Cup without a bench? And yes, he sacrifices merit (remember Chigozie Agbim, etc). His awareness and proactiveness is low. France hounded us for all of 25 minutes before they scored without a reaction from Keshi. Save for Enyeama it would have been another tale. Lastly, Keshi has poor man-management skills.

I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. Keshi should not be rewarded for his mediocrity.

What's our vision for our team? Where are we going? These questions should inform our decisions not sympathy or emotional interest.

We house a quarter of all black people on earth. We are a giant. We are the hope of Africa. Let's raise our standards. Africa is looking up to us.

My submission
But when he won that nation's cup you must be one of the people calling him the best,nigerians and their low mentality

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ijechikky(f): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
kingthreat:

People like you wallow in mediocrity
my broda,,we naturally forget our beginin too fast,keshi was given a target to reach semi finals in nations cup nd qualify us for World-cup..He went beyond the target and set new records..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ossybluez(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
@op he should stay for continuity sake.... After all team like Germany are reaping the fruits of continuity cos they've allowed Joachim Loew handle the team for 6-7 years and that has been productive.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tall2ce(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Keshi should go, we only try wen playing against big teams and only to lose and say we at least were not disgraced but we just dey triumph vs African teams.To me he is harsh and not technically sound.Imagine what would d team av been without Osaze and imagine howplayers like Reuben Gabriel with 6games in 2years would make the squad ahead of Nosa Igiebor and imagine how the eagles attack would av shone with IKUche.Imagine how Haruna Lukman and John Ogu didn't make d world cup while a useless Mikel,Ucheboand Moses did.Keshi is a biased coach he is just a lucky man.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by EagleScribes: 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
@OP, could you please suggest at least three of your -"world class and tactical" coaches that you think can replace Keshi and excel under the same working conditions and salary. Can anyone in this forum suggest?

If you can't, there's no point for this debate

NB - I hope someone will say David Moyes and Roy Hodgson

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Smooyis(m): 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
patrickdarlins: keshi should stay...d only best indigenous coach we av seen for a while....A PRIEST IS NOT VALUED IN HIS OWN(home)TOWN...make our thing dey good for our eyes...
Well, if he is not ready to accept his mistakes, we should sack him immediately. He caused us so much anxiety at the world cup. Four years is not a joke.
If he was not given a chance we never might have thought it possible to believe that we could have a nigerian coach who could achieve so much.
So other nigerians can as well be given a chance too. Who knows they might end up achieving better results.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by expert101(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
[size=28pt]Are You going to coach the team Most of you talking rubbish here saw how big teams crashed out from the world cup with their useless tactics you people are talking about.

The man has done well at least Nigeria is now recongnized as a fire power of football in Africa and the world.

GEJ should give him a contract or no 2015.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by amadice(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
mikeansy:

Which players are bench warmers?

Do you even know their clubs?
....keep quiet, i tell u both players ar bench warmers....do ur reseach and prove me wrong
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Smooyis: Well, if he is not ready to accept his mistakes, we should sack him immediately. He caused us so much anxiety at the world cup. Four years is not a joke.
If he was not given a chance we never might have thought it possible to believe that we could have a nigerian coach who could achieve so much.
So other nigerians can as well be given a chance too. Who knows they might end up achieving better results.
ok...sir
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
amadice: ....keep quiet, i tell u both players ar bench warmers....do ur reseach and prove me wrong

U need to do ur research cos you have no clue
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by bigwallace(m): 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
amadice: .....both players are bench warmers in there respective clubsides
google is ur frnd my brother,y dnt u google d stat of both players,den u compare nd contrast.afTa den u ask urself if u wer d coach wich of d players wud u av chosen,
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by bigwallace(m): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
Am sayiing it nd i wil continue to sayit,keshi cnt offer us anyting @ d international,we can only try bt we Wil stil lose @ d end of d Day,he lacks dat tactical depth of a coach nd He is not a good man manager aswell,his team selection is nothing to write home abt,he left out john ogu because he was a bench warmer @ his club nd he took a reuben gabriel who is a super bench star,how do we xplain that.it shows he dint learn anytin from our outing @ d confed cup,ur bench shud be as strong as ur 1st eleven.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ghananotnaija(m): 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
DeeMain: Africa is looking up to us.

Ghana does not look up to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ikeyman00(m): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
@@

plz people forget about Keshi

he is going to Biafra national team

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by kannymoore(m): 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
tonytony208:

you pple keep on flogging this tactical/ technical competency issue. How did he beat CIV and Mali at NC? how did he beat Morocco at chan from 3 goals down? How will you describe musa's first and second goals against Argentina? So you think a tactically incompetent coach would have been able to bring that out of a team (i mean musa had never been a regular scorer for SE)? If you call his achievements mere luck, then it means you will go to any length to make his achievements look like nothing; a disgusting sign of pure hate.

Mr man a beg leave keshi alone. He has shown he is better than any other coach nigeria had ever employed aside westerhof and as a result, he deserves to be retained. What he needs is time and not your pullhimdown tactics and pitiably destructive criticism.

Bros...

KESHI's TeCHNICAL KNOW-HOW is ZERO!

Keshi played two matches @ the same CHAN 11 against 10 for large periods yet we couldn't win those matches.. Heck! We couldn't even dominate the game. I also remember our first Mexico friendly.. We played with a against the mexicans 11 against 10 for large stretches of the game yet we surrendered a 2-0 lead!

Keshi aint a good coach. He was just lucky we won the Afcon.

why my opinion?

Cos after Afcon, he only WON 4 out of 15 grade A MATCHES!!! Of that 4, 2 were against lowly Ethiopia.

And yet the guy is angling for 10million as salary??!!

NONSENSE and INGREDIENTS!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by 1stola: 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.
Ode.
which success is this one talking about?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Vock(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Under the constitution,you're entitled to your own opinion so but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are right
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Suarezilla(m): 12:11am On Jul 14, 2014
Shame on Keshi n d rest of Africa for putting us in a bad light to the world...every other countries aside africans r hungry for glory but wat r keshi n his boys hungry for? Dollars? U tot quite right..As I watched d final I tot to myslf if Nigeria had been in d final nko? Is it mission impossible for us to play in a WC final? The truth glared to my face....not a bunch led by a Mikel Obi,Not a bunch whose priority in wat goes into their pocket,not a bunch led by a fat-bellied coach(keshi) who finks he is a lord cos he won d ANC,not a bunch that had average palyers,not a coach dat clearly has no tactics to unlock an opponent...No not atall.Africa is not ready n I fear it will tk anoda lifetym to see african teams play in a WC final....SMH for Africa

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ikeyman00(m): 12:28am On Jul 14, 2014
^^^^ u blame dey self when ur hausa-oduduwa-fulani boko harem always tell us billions get missing from CBN

who do u blame
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by davo3286: 12:30am On Jul 14, 2014
DeeMain: I think Nigeria should use this transition period to find a great coach who can fit into our system.

I have issues with Keshi. Keshi is not tactically savvy. Yes, he has won us the Nation's Cup, but we shouldn't allow that to cloud our judgement. His team has no shape, his team lacks basic organization (they are all over the place). The commentators were even alarmed and made fun at how poorly organized we were. His substitutions and choices are mediocre (remember Reuben Gabriel for Onazi). What of his choices of players to the WC? How can an ambitious coach go to the World Cup without a bench? And yes, he sacrifices merit (remember Chigozie Agbim, etc). His awareness and proactiveness is low. France hounded us for all of 25 minutes before they scored without a reaction from Keshi. Save for Enyeama it would have been another tale. Lastly, Keshi has poor man-management skills.

I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. Keshi should not be rewarded for his mediocrity.

What's our vision for our team? Where are we going? These questions should inform our decisions not sympathy or emotional interest.

We house a quarter of all black people on earth. We are a giant. We are the hope of Africa. Let's raise our standards. Africa is looking up to us.

My submission

It is true what they say- talk is really cheap!

Please, answer this: can you manage your own self let alone a group of men?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by davo3286: 12:34am On Jul 14, 2014
Your dies and is buried right here on NL.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 12:42am On Jul 14, 2014
davo3286:

It is true what they say- talk is really cheap!

Please, answer this: can you manage your own self let alone a group of men?

For the sake of argument let me indulge u a bit. So if I cannot manage my life but I see a doctor who shows gross incompetence in handling of patients under his care, I shouldn't call him incompetent or tell people he's no good? Because talk is cheap? Common!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Abraham2013(m): 1:38am On Jul 14, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Dude, Keshi should stay.He has brought up young players, our problem @ d mundial was mainly inexperience.....any interferrence into wat keshi is building could be catastrophic or good but that is wat we dnt knw
Who r u referring to as young players, agbim, ruban Gabriel, nwafor, or azubuike egwuekwe?
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Abraham2013(m): 2:01am On Jul 14, 2014
I hav been reading comments of those who said keshi deserves a new contract, buh dey hav not been able to answer dis questions:
1. Did keshi take d best nigerian players to d world cup?
2. How come keshi made d same mistakes he made @ confed cup?
3. If d players he took to d world cup were as gud as keshi said, y did he not use dis players to prosecute d world cup qualifiers?
4. Do u guyz believe dat keshi collect bribe 4rm certain players agent to take dem to d world cup?
5. Do u guyz believe dat keshi can get nigeria to semi finals come 2018?
6. Finally if keshi is as gud as u guyz say, how come south africa hav not signed him yet? Afterall must coaches who resigned after d world cup hav gotten other job else were e.g d algerian coach.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Abraham2013(m): 2:06am On Jul 14, 2014
expert101: [size=28pt]Are You going to coach the team Most of you talking rubbish here saw how big teams crashed out from the world cup with their useless tactics you people are talking about.

The man has done well at least Nigeria is now recongnized as a fire power of football in Africa and the world.

GEJ should give him a contract or no 2015.[/size]
No b big team win d world cup? Abi na costa rica win d world cup 4 dat ur black n white TV?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Abraham2013(m): 2:14am On Jul 14, 2014
EagleScribes: @OP, could you please suggest at least three of your -"world class and tactical" coaches that you think can replace Keshi and excel under the same working conditions and salary. Can anyone in this forum suggest?

If you can't, there's no point for this debate

NB - I hope someone will say David Moyes and Roy Hodgson

Wat dis conditions self dat u r talking about? Was keshi blind wen he was signing d contracts wit d nff? Y did he no resign wen he noticed dat d condition r not right? Or did just notice dat d conditions and salary r poor after d world cup? IMO, keshi cannot do more dan he has done. Dis same tin u r saying r wat majority of southampton fans said wen d owner of d club sacked adkins to bring in prochettno. Now can u compare d club under both managers? No doubt keshi has tried his best, buh am sori his best is not enough.
As 4 who will replace keshi, I will go 4 a combination of micheal emenalo and sunday olishe.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by hollandis(f): 2:49am On Jul 14, 2014
Nigerians and mediocrity ,just like horses and carriages
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by greall1: 3:25am On Jul 14, 2014
why are you so aggressive

Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 14, 2014
My ideal preference would be for the NFF to retain Keshi for the next 2 years, and hire Oliseh as an assistant (Amokachi should be fired).
Then Oliseh would take over in 2016.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by nijanigga: 4:31am On Jul 14, 2014

My submission
Nigeria is a failure.so soccer alone cant save us.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by amadice(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2014
mikeansy:

U need to do ur research cos you have no clue
.....google and wikipedia are ur friends....fegnor ogude made just 7 appearance for amkar perm in d russia league nosa igiebor was a bench warmer an got injuried i d better half of last season. Mereto i guess a coach like u would hav take them to d world cup...clueless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fabrizio Roman: Haaland’s £63m Move To Man City Is Set To Be Announced This Week / Enyeama Is Returning To The Super Eagles Squad - Coach Rohr / Ronaldo Scores 800th Career Goal As Man Utd Defeats Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.