Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Audi/VW Computer Software - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi/VW Computer Software (1408 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) / Audi/vw Cars Owners/users Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi/VW Computer Software by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
I've always used laptop based software from Ross-Tech to troubleshoot and upgrade the Audi/VW in my fleet.

I recently updated to their latest program which is full of interesting new things that you can do on your car.

If anyone is interested I will have mine available in Ibadan shortly or on the other hand if someone wants to purchase their own they can purchase from the manufacturer and I can deliver it to them in Nigeria (I don't think that they ship but you can PayPal now from Nigeria).

It's really good stuff and can do the basic read codes, clear codes but you can also program stuff like remotes, door lock, window openings, sunroof close, etc

Personally I think it's a must have for any autoist that will have Audi/VW products in their stable.

I'm afraid to link due to NL insane spambot but search online for Ross-Tech
Re: Audi/VW Computer Software by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yep. VCDS is an invaluable tool to have, if you own any VAG model from 1987 onwards.

1 Like

Re: Audi/VW Computer Software by emekax180(m): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2014
Pls, how can it be useful to a Golf3 1999 model
Re: Audi/VW Computer Software by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
emekax180: Pls, how can it be useful to a Golf3 1999 model

You're going to have to do a bit of research on your individual model (I haven't owned that model Golf or any Golf for that matter since the 90's).

I'll give you an example of what I wanted to do when I upgraded the software. Remember it also acts as a code reader (but does way more that the basic hand held).

1) I need to reprogram the car to lock all doors, roll up all windows including the sunroof and set the alarm when I hold the lock button on the remote.

2) I need to do the reverse when I hold the unlock button.

3) I need to adjust the steering to be less assisted at certain speed. (Imagine that - very cool isn't it).

4) I bought a new remote fob and need to program it to my car

5) I get a slight hesitation (very slight and almost indiscernible at a certain rpm) so I need to record a live run to see what exactly is happening with a) engine rpm, b) trans solenoids at that time.

This is powerful stuff and requires learning to get the out most performance from it but you can still use it as an advanced code reader.
Re: Audi/VW Computer Software by PrinceLat(m): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2014
I must say its an invaluable tool, though very expensive , I have done quite a lot with it on my vw mkiv, I'm a DIY enthusiast

1. Mr car came with German language as the display on the dashboard (i changed it to English )

2. I enabled Autolock when driving above 15km/hr incase i forget to lock the doors and auto unlock when i remove the key from the ignition

3. make a beep and blink the turn signals when i lock and unlock with the key fob

4. Reset SRI, enabled seatbelt warning, washer fluid warning and brakepad warning

5. scanned and diagnosed a faulty ABS Wheel speed sensor, bought and replaced it myself.........

there is a whole lot you can do with it and bear in mind that some features are do-able based on model/year specific

1 Like

Re: Audi/VW Computer Software by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 28, 2017
Interesting
Re: Audi/VW Computer Software by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 28, 2017
PrinceLat:
I must say its an invaluable tool, though very expensive , I have done quite a lot with it on my vw mkiv, I'm a DIY enthusiast

1. Mr car came with German language as the display on the dashboard (i changed it to English )

2. I enabled Autolock when driving above 15km/hr incase i forget to lock the doors and auto unlock when i remove the key from the ignition

3. make a beep and blink the turn signals when i lock and unlock with the key fob

4. Reset SRI, enabled seatbelt warning, washer fluid warning and brakepad warning

5. scanned and diagnosed a faulty ABS Wheel speed sensor, bought and replaced it myself.........

there is a whole lot you can do with it and bear in mind that some features are do-able based on model/year specific

How much is it now?

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Azera Engine / Best Oil For Toyota Highlander 2008? / The Benefits And Problems Of Lexus RX 300 SUV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.