Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple (70579 Views)

Can Couple With Genotype AA & AS Give Birth To SS? / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 13, 2014
What options are available for a couple with the same A.S genotype so they wont produce S.S children, please assist us.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by DjAndroid: 6:41am On Jul 13, 2014
I am also facing this situation now. though I am not yet married but we are both AS.

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Busuyib(f): 6:48am On Jul 13, 2014
Ask ur doctor. Hmm STC.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by farano(f): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2014
1. money
2. ivf
3. prayer

but I can never advise two AS individuals to get married simple.

42 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Mayour11(m): 7:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Pastors these days also advice that you shouldn't go into such relationship.

9 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Mynd44: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2014
Mayour11: Pastors these days also advice that you shouldn't go into such relationship.
Why?

Isn't it funny that the same pastors that preach "Faith" and that "There is no situation that God can't change" are the ones writing this off? Is this a lack of Faith or a limitation of the abilities of "God"?

I believe God gave us the knowledge of medical science for our use and so we can make our lives better. He does not have to show up in our lives, he gave us knowledge so let's use it.

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

It is a lot better to have that and marry the person you love and you are happy with than leave that person and be miserable with the person you settle down with

21 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by kbshow100(m): 7:12am On Jul 13, 2014
Just make sure you pay your tithe regularly and have faith in God. Everything will be alright

6 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by eph12(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2014
Its not worth it. Nobody will advise two sickle cell carriers to get married except you are not going to produce kids.

8 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 13, 2014
zz

6 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Youngzedd(m): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2014
You know the answers you seek@ OP

If you want to regret your life, then try it.

In the next 4 years come and give us testimonies.

26 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44:
Why?

Isn't it funny that the same pastors that preach "Faith" and that "There is no situation that God can't change" are the ones writing this off? Is this a lack of Faith or a limitation of the abilities of "God"?

I believe God gave us the knowledge of medical science for our use and so we can make our lives better. He does not have to show up in our lives, he gave us knowledge so let's use it.

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

It is a lot better to have that and marry the person you love and you are happy with than leave that person and be miserable with the person you settle down with
THOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THY LORD THY GOD....becos he says he will give his angels charge over you..does not mean you should intentionally work into river niger...bros na OYO b dat oo...i rest my case...

88 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2014
zz

53 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
eph12: Its not worth it. Nobody will advise two sickle cell carriers to get married except you are not going to produce kids.
GBAM!!!!

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
Marry another without an 'S'...
Abi na by force to marry dt somebody?

4 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Mayour11(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
The rule is if u get married, don't come and be disturbing pastor with prayers. Though, God can do it, coz I remember that my pastor once had a sickle cell child but wit d help of God and a renowned doctor who introduced a drug to them, d child was doing well if not for the sharia riot of year 2000 that claimed his life.
But, the end line is follow ur heart, bcuz wat is good for d goose may not be good for the gender.

2 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Meringe(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
Why go through that stress?

There are women/men out there, though its not easy but when you take the step, you will look back and smile you did the right thing.

4 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Youngzedd(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
Mynd44:
Why?

@OP,
IVF and/or Adoption

@OP

If you take this advise your own don finish be that. You go know say Calabar na town.

24 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by monnex: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
It's not advisable. If u insists.... There is every chance u r gonna live the rest of ya life in misery esp wen the family pressure sets in.

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by aminho(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2014
i will have love to advise you but you know doctors are on strike wink wink

10 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Mynd44: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2014
patrickdarlins: THOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THY LORD THY GOD....becos he says he will give his angels charge over you..does not mean you should intentionally work into river niger...bros na OYO b dat oo...i rest my case...
You mean the same God that gave us medical advances?

3 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Liturgy(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2014
The ability to take a wise decision on time is wisdom - prevention they say is better than cure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by pendusky(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2014
bigmodo: What options are available for a couple with the same A.S genotype so they wont produce S.S children, please assist us.
So if AS and AS cant marry will AS n SS marry instead? The world know there aint many AA like me! so? Anyway! am vomiting like Ordinary Technocrat? Lets hear what ExtraOrdinary Doctors will say here!

1 Like

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by nerodenero: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2014
You can still love another,so,why cause pain for yourself and the children to come?When the wahala start,love go clear.

7 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Mintayo(m): 7:23am On Jul 13, 2014
Wisdom is profitable to direct o. More reason why intending couple must know their genotype immediately,even while courting. Don't cause katakata for yourselves and kids oo

4 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by adexsimply(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2014
Youngzedd: [/b]

@OP

If you take this advise your own don finish be that. You go know say Calabar na town.
rutchiekens:

You are selfish for this comment... Two AS carriers must never marry.

You spent all of your life been very healthy but because of "love" u want to bring children that would suffer bad health, mental damage. E.t.c.
Did you guys read his comment at all ?

3 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by femi4: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2014
bigmodo: What options are available for a couple with the same A.S genotype so they wont produce S.S children, please assist us.
1. Divorce

2. Repeat 1 again if your next partner is AS, ELSE go to 3

3. Marry AA

31 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014
zz

5 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Youngzedd(m): 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014
nerodenero: You can still love another,so,why cause pain for yourself and the children to come?When the wahala start,love go clear.

E go clear 4 their eyes.

In Olamide's voice.

11 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Onlinebizexpert(m): 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014

please for those already in this predicament and those who are trying to take the risk should listen tome

a medic reporting.......

first and foremost OP do not listen to people that are telling you to have faith in GOD because even GOD being so powerful instructed us as follows " Thou shall not TEMPT the LORD your GOD"" he is aware that one over zealous christian one day would jump from high tension cable and expect ANGELS to come and carry him to safety

there is a proverbial saying that that "HEAVEN helps those who help themselves" dont bother trying to risk it it is not worth it

even when the disciples were with JESUS, they still ate food why did'nt they have FAITH and GO HUNGRY.........it is called being LOGICAL

before anybody attacks me I AM A BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN

now to your question OP

from scientific calculations if two AS couple have intercourse they would have children with the following genotype
AA AS AS SS

though in some cases i have seen all the children were either AA or AS in some worst case scenario the children were all SS

the AA an AS children are not the problem , its the SS child whoma I PERSONALLY refer to as a VISA to HOSPITAL, POVERTY and MARRIAGE BREAK DOWN

VISA to HOSPITAL the SS child has set a record of always falling ill to the slightest provocation and most of these children do not live long, with this child the best thing is to relocate to a house near a hospital, THIS IS ONE REASON WHY AS AS marriage is seriously preached against

VISA TO POVERTY many people do not know that it takes about an average of 25,000 naira per week to manage an SS child, this amounts to about a 100,000 naira per month, imagine such an expense for a couple that has a salary of like 150,000 naira. just calculate 100,000 naira per month for like 10 years of marriage.. brethren that is poverty knocking at your door, this is another reason to avoid such marriages

VISA TO MARRIAGE BREAKDOWN: most marriages with SS child are always in turmoil, the LOVE is strained, everybody becomes angry at any provocation, each parent feels that it is the other persons fault that they are in this predicament, some even start cheating or considering SUICIDE.......this is why I personally advise people to enter a marriage that they might never enjoy

WHAT CAN I DO IN SUCH A MARRIAGE

adopt

ivf

stem cell transplant

prayer

ADOPT simply decide with your wife that your marriage is not for procreation rather it would be for companionship, the adopt a child/children and treat them the way you would have treated your own actual offspring... its not easy but its worth it

IVF in vitro fertilization, here your wife is fertilized with the sperm of a donor, the advantage of this is that you get to choose the characteristics of the donor that you wish to see in you child like tall, handsome, STRONG FACE grin etc.....

STEM CELL TRANSPLANT here your own child would undergo a process which can lead to genotype change...

NOTE: it is an expensive process and to be sincere i cannot vouch for nigeria as the best place to do this

PRAYER I am not telling you to pray to GOD to change your child's genotype, rather pray for things like GRACE,LOVE MONEY etc that will help you manage your family

WARNING for those about to enter such a marriage

1. na suffering get you
2. that LOVE that is making you not to be logical will fizzle out with years of suffering and then it will be too late to do anything

ANY PASTOR THAT IS ADVISING YOU TO ENTER SUCH A MARRIAGE IS SIMPLY TRYING TO USE YOU TO ENRICH HIS MINISTRY THROUGH YOUR TITHES AND PRAYER FACILITATING OFFERING

PERSONALLY, my GF is AS same as me, but we both know that it is not leading to the altar, I LOVE her very well and that is why I am not going to wed her into suffering and frustration

this should be the same for those yet to marry

I HOPE MY LITTLE EPISTLE WOULD HELP A FRIEND HERE......LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR TESTIMONY

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Agbalanze(m): 7:26am On Jul 13, 2014
Please don't gamble with the life of your unborn. And don't be too blinded by love, face reality!

4 Likes

Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Youngzedd(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2014
adexsimply:

Did you guys read his comment at all ?

Yes I did.

THERE IS NO OPTION AVAILABLE!

Just warning the OP

There is a reason that made the OP to ask such question.
Re: Options Available For Same A.s Genotype Couple by Nikapetrelli(f): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2014
De best is do not marry to avoid having AS kids and letting them suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Many Men Still Do This In Nigeria ? (pics) / Parents, Please Always Preview Children Entertainment Materials / Pastor Olusegun Taiwo And Madam Wonder's Wedding Busted By Wife, Vicky (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.