Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,537 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:28 PM

Differences Between Python 2.7.x And Python 3.x, With Examples - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Differences Between Python 2.7.x And Python 3.x, With Examples (750 Views)

The Beginner Programmer’s Guide To Problem Solving With Examples / The Key Differences Between Python 2.7.x & Python 3.x With Examples / Differences Between High & Low Level Languages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between Python 2.7.x And Python 3.x, With Examples by naijatechworld: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2014
Many beginning Python users are wondering with which version of Python they should start. My answer to this question is usually something along the lines "just go with the version your favorite tutorial was written in, and check out the differences later on."
But what if you are starting a new project and have the choice to pick? In my opinion, there is no "right" or "wrong" as long as both Python 2.7.x and Python 3.x support the libraries that you are planning to use. However, it is worthwhile to have a look at the major differences between those two most popular versions of Python to avoid common pitfalls when writing the code for either one of them, or if you are planning to port your project.

Continue at ~> http://sebastianraschka.com/Articles/2014_python_2_3_key_diff.html
Re: Differences Between Python 2.7.x And Python 3.x, With Examples by Ajibel(m): 10:59am On Jul 13, 2014
I always advice newbees to begin with 2.7 No need reading a lengthy article. After knowing python via 2.7, they can nau move to the latest version. I currently have 3 different python versions, buh I use 2.7 always
Re: Differences Between Python 2.7.x And Python 3.x, With Examples by umaryusuf(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
The beauty is, u can hv multiple versions running simultaneously on the same PC using python virtual environment.

(1) (Reply)

Are D Mods Sleeping Or Is This On Purpose / Javascript For Java Developers / Text Editor, Text Splitter And Text Reformater For Your Miscel Programing Tasks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.