Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? (957 Views)

My Ear Is Blocked Pls Help / Help! Cockroach Found It's Way Into My Ear / Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by yhermmie(f): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2014
I find it difficult to wear earrings because anytime i am on one, it starts to itch me and when i rub it too much, some kinda liquid stuff comes out. This makes my ear-lobes look kind of sickening.

If this happens, i don't wear earrings for days until it heals.
So i wanna ask what i can do to it or what i can apply to stop this because i'm a lover of earrings. And am i the only one this happens to? Thanks.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by PerfectFortune: 11:46am On Jul 13, 2014
Where are the fantastic Drs on Nld? Your attention is needed here.

Note: the dumb ones should steer clear and focus on what they know how to do best (strike and passing insults on the public that pay their salaries).
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by PerfectFortune: 11:46am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by illicit(m): 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Your earrings are germ infested
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by allycat: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Try wearing real gold only and see if the problem persists. You may just have an allergy to nickel which is found in most costume jewelry. If despite wearing gold it persists see a dermatologist!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by yhermmie(f): 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
allycat: Try wearing real gold only and see if the problem persists. You may just have an allergy to nickel which is found in most costume jewelry. If despite wearing gold it persists see a dermatologist!

Thanks for that,i think i'll try that. I have different sets of earrings but most of them are new. I just buy them when they catch my fancy and end up not wearing them. Pls,how do i recognise real gold earrings?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by yhermmie(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
illicit: Your earrings are germ infested

Even the new ones?
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by allycat: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
There are always young ladies who deal in gold around. Ask people to refer you to a reliable person. The other alternatives are Mallams but someone who knows about gold will have to direct you to a reliable person.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by angelicbiz(f): 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
To determine if the earrings you intend to buy is gold,use a magnet if it aattracts the earring,then its just gold platted and not the real mcoy.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by yhermmie(f): 10:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Thank u very much,i really appreciate ur help@allycat and angelicbiz
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by delishpot: 7:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Try plastic ones. Your skin is reacting to tge metals used in making the earings. Or try gold from 18 karat to 24 if you can afford it. Or try silver. Or even surgical steel. There are lots of jewellries now that are treated to teduce allergic reaction.
Your case is not strange a lot of women and kids react to their earings. Some wear only gold while others can only stand silver some only rubber/ plastic just in your case you cant just buy any type of earing and wear. I react to silver in my neck but not in my finger or wrist on the other hand a friends mom reacts to gold so she wears only silver jewellries.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by yhermmie(f): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2014
delishpot: Try plastic ones. Your skin is reacting to tge metals used in making the earings. Or try gold from 18 karat to 24 if you can afford it. Or try silver. Or even surgical steel. There are lots of jewellries now that are treated to teduce allergic reaction.
Your case is not strange a lot of women and kids react to their earings. Some wear only gold while others can only stand silver some only rubber/ plastic just in your case you cant just buy any type of earing and wear. I react to silver in my neck but not in my finger or wrist on the other hand a friends mom reacts to gold so she wears only silver jewellries.

thanks for that. i'll try to know which is best for me. Thanks once again for ur help.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Ear-lobes? by illicit(m): 3:33am On Jul 15, 2014
yhermmie:

Even the new ones?
grin

(1) (Reply)

Family Of Nurse Killed By Ebola Faces Public Humiliation And Stigma / Ebola In PH: Status Update / Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.