Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? (1081 Views)

SCOAN Building Collapse: What Nigerians Would Have Been Saying If MOG Died In It / How To Catch Fake Mog's Who Speak In Tongues (8+2) / What Defines An "mog"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by safarigirl(f): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2014
He doesn't have to be a pastor/preacher in your church. Just someone whose preaching speaks to you. Someone you can listen to, that holds your attention even if you may sometimes not share his/her views?

For me it's Paul Adefarasin of House On The Rock. Sometimes I feel like he's more of a motivational speaker than a pastor.

I don't think I've ever seen an MOG in Nigeria with such power in his words. There's just something in the way he speaks that commands your attention(and I don't mean the yankee accent)

I believe his mentore is Bishop TD Jakes, they both share similar styles. Anyway I absolutely love listening to him, even if I'm busy with something else when his programme "Something Is About To Happen" begins on AIT, I eventually drop it to listen to him.

I'm Catholic btw, but that man is definitely up there for me. Who's your favorite?

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2014
They are mostly conmen including the POPE wink

2 Likes

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by safarigirl(f): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2014
frosbel: They are mostly conmen including the POPE wink
I care not for what you think they are.

I only care for which of them captures your attention the most even if you don't share his views

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
David Oyedepo. He reminds me of Brother Ananias in Prof. Wole Soyinka's Jero's Metamorphosis.

2 Likes

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by luvablesam(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Thread would be interesting....@ question :NONE....Them no dey try
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Ymodulus: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
safarigirl: I care not for what you think they are.

I only care for which of them captures your attention the most even if you don't share his views
You have to care and you must. They are all CONMEN sister.

Sister please do not care for them. please care not.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Chris Gwarma Delvan.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Tolexander: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
I don't have any favorite Man of God, only interested in the God of Men for favor!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by safarigirl(f): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ymodulus:
You have to care and you must. They are all CONMEN sister.

Sister please do not care for them. please care not.
I do not care because this accusation has absolutely nothing to do with my question.

I'm not asking anyone to donate money to the churches of these pastors. I just want to know which of them commands attention in his/ her preaching.

Are you lot so obsessed with this MOG- CONMEN thing that you can't see past it?

3 Likes

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Ymodulus: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
safarigirl: I do not care because this accusation has absolutely nothing to do with my question.

I'm not asking anyone to donate money to the churches of these pastors. I just want to know which of them commands attention in his/ her preaching.

Are you lot so obsessed with this MOG- CONMEN thing that you can't see past it?
yes I am so so soooo obsessed. Lola. Hi
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Pastor Paul Enenche

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
@safarigirl
Are you sure it's not Pastor Paul Adefarasin's accent that you like?

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by safarigirl(f): 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Afam4eva: @safarigirl
Are you sure it's not Pastor Paul Adefarasin's accent that you like?
nah, not the accent. Oyakhilome has something similar to that. It's the manner with which he speaks that's captivating.

Someone like Pete Edochie or Olu Jacobs with a Nigerian accent captures attention simply by the way he uses his words
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Lero15(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pst E.A. Adeboye. So cool & easy.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 24, 2014
safarigirl: He doesn't have to be a pastor/preacher in your church. Just someone whose preaching speaks to you. Someone you can listen to, that holds your attention even if you may sometimes not share his/her views?

For me it's Paul Adefarasin of House On The Rock. Sometimes I feel like he's more of a motivational speaker than a pastor.

I don't think I've ever seen an MOG in Nigeria with such power in his words. There's just something in the way he speaks that commands your attention(and I don't mean the yankee accent)

I believe his mentore is Bishop TD Jakes, they both share similar styles. Anyway I absolutely love listening to him, even if I'm busy with something else when his programme "Something Is About To Happen" begins on AIT, I eventually drop it to listen to him.

I'm Catholic btw, but that man is definitely up there for me. Who's your favorite?

I guess these so-called "men of god" are celebrities/stars nowadays, else why would people start having idols amongst them? Church programmes are now shows and pastors singers. Hence the craze. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by safarigirl(f): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2014
sauer:

I guess these so-called "men of god" are celebrities/stars nowadays, else why would people start having idols amongst them? Church programmes are now shows and pastors singers. Hence the craze. undecided
idols ke? Exaggeration of the highest level. You just feel the need to see deeper into a simple matter
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian MOG? by popson1st: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Shekau..

(1) (Reply)

Is Rap Music A Sin? / Who Will Be In Charge Of Tormenting People In Hell? / Time To Question God's Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.