Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,908 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician (3390 Views)

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / The Origin Of The Word Oyibo / Prof. Gabriel Oyibo (GAGUT Theorem): Mad man or Genius (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
hmm...i just like this prof..

Enjoy..
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
benbuks: According to a popular maxim, “there are always
two sides to the coin” and so it was for Gabriel
Oyibo, a Professor of Mathematics whose theory
– “God Almighty Grand Unified Theorem
(GAGUT)” was heavily criticised by some
scholars. However, despite the world- wide
debate on the veracity of his claims, the professor
has gained a cult following among Nigerians who
see him as their role model.
His theory, just like the popular Harry Potter book
series by J. K. Rowling — which was dubbed by
some critics as harmless and adventurous
children’s tales while other critics chose to
portray them as stories that inspire children to
become involved in the occult and serious
witchcraft — has been a subject of controversies
throughout the country and beyond
Is somebody embroiled in controversies deserved
to be called a role model? Wikipedia answers this.
According Wikipedia, a free Internet
encyclopaedia: ‘a role model is a person looked up
to by others as an example to imitate. It is also the
act of emulating the life styles of successful
people in the society. It is this view of role model
that gave rise to the concept of leadership role
model. It was John Quincy Adams, former United
States President that once said: “If your actions
inspire others to dream more, learn more, do
more and become more, you are a leader.”
For those who are not familiar with Prof. Oyibo, he
developed a theory which has been a subject of
intense scrutiny and criticism called GAGUT.
According to him, “God Almighty Grand Unified
Theorem is the answer to the question: What is
God or what is the universe?”
“. . . They said the universe came out of the word
of God and God said, let there be light and there
was light. The science people who do not want to
necessarily go along with that have their own
account which is: “The universe came out of the
big bang, some explosion, big explosion created
the universe. The third one, of course, is the one
by ancient Africans that I was telling you about
before. This one came twenty thousand years
before the first two that I just mentioned. It says
that the universe came out of the roaring water
waves of soul and out of
that water waves came out the building block of
the universe which is called ATUM. When the
Greeks came to conquer us, mispronounced it and
called it atom. The biblical people also called it
Adam. Adam, atom, atum are the same word. But
there is a building block which became the basis
of the science that God used these Africans to
create which is chemistry.”
“Chemistry is the science of atum or atoms. What
GAGUT was able to do, meanwhile, is to look at
these three accounts and through a mathematical
process using the geometry that we were used to
develop as a people, to conclude mathematically
that the three accounts I just told you are no
different accounts. These three accounts have
been the basis of human suffering and
persecution.
“But what GAGUT has been able to do
mathematically was to conclude that those three
accounts are not different and what the believer
called word of God is actually what the science
called the big bang and that it sounded like the
roaring water waves. The big bang is the word of
God and the Pope understands that the word of
God is the big bang. GAGUT was able to do this
mathematically in an equation, a simple equation
which is the dream of everybody.
How to explain the universe in a very simple way
…GAGUT was blessed by God to come up with
that equation and the equation is Gij,j=0. That is
the secret code to the universe, he concluded.
In reaction to this, many scholars have written off
this theory as a hoax but this has not stopped
some Nigerian youngsters from adopting Oyibo as
their role model.
According to Adelanke Ijalana, “claims had always
been made and will continue to be made — such
claims are either confirmed or debunked by
subsequent research.”
He said, I am not a scientist, but this is the whole
essence of scholarship; that’s how the frontiers of
knowledge constantly expand, boundaries are
pushed, sometimes from seemingly “absurd”
claims. It is unfortunate that the black man does
not appreciate his kind. If a white man came up
with this discovery, we would have applauded
him.
“My point is that as black folks we should support
and encourage our own kind because if we don’t,
nobody will do it for us. When a black man makes
a claim we should be objective, encourage and
correct him when he is not following the right
steps. Look at Ben Okri, who was rejected in
Nigeria only to hit gold abroad with his Famished
Road abroad. It is a very important attitude which
we need to develop if we ever hope to turn things
around in this blessed country of ours.
“We need more people like you in this country of
ours, I am proud to be a Nigerian and I have love
for any Nigerian who brings pride to this nation. I
just hope our youths will have positive attitudes
and outlook towards the future. For me, Prof.
Oyibo, you are my role model and I wish to be like
him and I’m grateful that a man like this is coming
out of Nigeria,” he concluded.
However, despite all these, one question pops out,
who is Prof. Gabriel Oyibo?
Prof. Oyibo, an Igala man was born in Idah, in the
present Kogi State in 1950, into a polygamous
family. He attended St. Augustine College, Kabba
— where he became famous for his grasp of
Mathematics. After this, he went to Offa Grammar
School for his Advanced level. Subsequently, he
proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University in 1975 and
from there to the US, where he earned his Ph.D.
degree at the Rensselaer Polytechnic University in
1981 in Mathematics and Aeronautics for his MSc.
& Phd
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by immortalcrown(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Wetin I go comment?
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Itoroetti(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
i nid more clarification on this formular and hw it works
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by kbshow100(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Are u sure the that this post is not too long to read?may be after reading they will Award me Bs.c maths
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Itoroetti: i nid more clarification on this formular and hw it works

me also , still researching more on it...

1 Like

Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
immortalcrown: Wetin I go comment?

anything reasonable
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
kbshow100: Are u sure the that this post is not too long to read?may be after reading they will Award me Bs.c maths

not at all ..

i will soon share more details about the prof. & his works ......e.t.c.
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
Itoroetti: i nid more clarification on this formular and hw it works

http://www.google.com/m?q=pdf+on+gagut++formular&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

ok here.. download the pdf there ...

still going through it ,..hmm, mehn diz dude is a sure genius , just that the world cant understand him yet ..

just about 27pages & < 500kb. i suppose

Enjoy
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Birichie(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oxford murders
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by fr3do(m): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Thumbs up, prof.
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Birichie: Oxford murders

you mean.??
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Birichie(m): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
benbuks:

you mean.??
It's a movie about mathematics
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
fr3do: Thumbs up, prof.

i tell you , d guy na sure genius , just that whites cant believe a black man ( nja 4 that matter ) could come up with such a theory , which they have been struggling to decode ,

mehn nja got genius everywhere , just that our irrational sentiments & ill-notion of ourselves runs amok

hmm

God help nja..
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Birichie: It's a movie about mathematics
ok....its interesting i suppose
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Birichie(m): 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
benbuks: ok....its interesting i suppose
Yeah... try and check it out
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Birichie: Yeah... try and check it out

ok i will try ..
av started reading about it , love such movies . gat some sha , e.g "proof" , "A beautiful mind" , "Fermat's room "
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Itoroetti(m): 9:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
benbuks:

http://www.google.com/m?q=pdf+on+gagut++formular&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

still going through it ,..hmm, mehn diz dude is a sure genius , just that the world cant understand him yet ..

Enjoy

i'll download it and kip u posted.tans bro
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by EnterPRO: 10:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
benbuks:

Enjoy

interesting ...
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Itoroetti:

i'll download it and kip u posted.tans bro
ok sir...uwc.
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
EnterPRO:

interesting ...
just the word for it...
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2014
extreme patience & quest to learn is required to read this

www.nairaland.com/4235/prof-gabriel-oyibo-gagut-theorem

, hmmmmmm

more info about gagut & prof. oyibo .& his works

enjoy ...
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by mike404(m): 12:33am On Jul 14, 2014
HMMM SHOULD I CALL THIS PROF A PHILOSOPHER OF CHANGE (PYTHAGORAS) OR WHAT MORE BRAIN TO HIS HEAD
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Ndababa(m): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2014
This guy is a scam... I used to be his ardent admirer, that's before I got to know who n what he represents - a fraud!

Read this piece "Intellectual 419: Philip Emeagwali and Gabriel Oyibo Compared" By Farooq A. Kperogi at http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2010/11/intellectual-419-philip-emeagwali-and.html?m=1
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ndababa: This guy is a scam... I used to be his ardent admirer, that's before I got to know who n what he represents - a fraud!

Read this piece "Intellectual 419: Philip Emeagwali and Gabriel Oyibo Compared" By Farooq A. Kperogi at http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2010/11/intellectual-419-philip-emeagwali-and.html?m=1

hmmm,

exactly the problem we have been trying to address since , i don't see the man as a fraud though ,

haba lets try to appreciate our ingenuity & God given prowess to change / aid the human race .

btw: read this to understand more .

www.elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=1

1 Like

Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by Ndababa(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
benbuks:

hmmm,

exactly the problem we have been trying to address since , i don't see the man as a fraud though ,

haba lets try to appreciate our ingenuity & God given prowess to change / aid the human race .

btw: read this to understand more .

www.elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=1
okay sir, but the link I shared made reference to several investigation on the two 'geniuses', and reasons n evidence outlined are exhaustive to make me detest their fraud...
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by sundaylinus: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
please help
me with this:
If α and β are the roots of
equation 3x²+5x-8=0
Find the value of α^4-ß^4
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by joshphorlarb: 12:49am On Aug 10, 2014
sundaylinus: please help
me with this:
If α and β are the roots of
equation 3x²+5x-8=0
Find the value of α^4-ß^4
.sory,i v nt got al dose complex symbols on my set.d ansa is -49.57 anywayz.we substitute 'a' for alpha raised to powa 2..also,'b' 4 beta raised to powa 2...d value bore down to a>2-b>2.('>' is raised to power.) then,take diference of two squares.we v (a+b)(a-b).substiute 4 a nd b, alpha nd beta.we v.(alpha squard+beta squard)(alpha squard -beta squard).u cn expand dat to include nly sum nd products of roots wic are -5/3 and -8/3 as evident 4rm d equatn!!! slot dem in and get final ansa
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by datona13: 1:01am On Jun 29, 2015
Ndababa:
This guy is a scam... I used to be his ardent admirer, that's before I got to know who n what he represents - a fraud!

Do you believe everything you read?
It works both ways.. do you prove he is wrong or do you prove he is right? Your feelings already is leading to the direction of proving he is wrong.. And yet most nigerians cannot even tell where they come from. Little do they know that Europeans have fabricated and/or copied a lot of their history from your history.. Did you know what was is called nigeria now use to be called Ithiopia not what has been now reduced to a small country and now named Ethiopia.. However, until I prove it for myself it is still based on what I believe.. which I am leaning towards proving he is right. Nigerians I have produced some of the greatest minds, athletes , etc... However those same minds have also produced the greatest scammers. America is embarrassed will not even give that kind of credit to Nigeria because it will also introduce the fact of our great their mind is to beat a system.. or show how weak the system is that even americas to some degree haven't destroyed yet. Do you follow america because of what you see on t.v.? do you follow black folks for what they do on t.v.? In fact they are you.. so you can do it too. What does that tell you? You don't even know how deprive mentally black folks are in america.. physically with the food that ppl are coming back to africa to get. Everyone is after africa.. and africans are just becoming aware of that.. but not fast enough at the moment.
Re: Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician by tpiander: 2:52am On Jun 29, 2015
can anyone explain the theorem in plain English.

(1) (Reply)

Study In The UK : Step By Step Process / What UNILAG 14days Strike Has Caused To Me So Far. / 10 Bizarre Crime That Shocked The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.