Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You (16504 Views)

Is It Ideal Having Another Elaborate Wedding After A Wife/Husband Is Dead? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by bukatyne(f): 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
honeric01:

The "you" was not directed at you, hence the "", only for those who fit into the bracket or do you fit? tongue

A caveat at the end would have sufficed

It is one trackness to think it is only selfishness or trying to compete with hubby that makes women stay out long hours. Working a job is very different from building a career.

I have an aversion to staying out late. I leave home the latest possible time and leave at the earliest I can after I am satisfied I have done a good day's job.
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
honeric01:

You are actually the one i should be asking what you are talking about. you said you wouldn't mind competing with men and it's worth it and i ask again, to what end?

Look, I have the job of my dreams. I worked hard to get there. I am the best I can be and my bosses are more than satisfied with me. I love what I am doing. I have a permanent contract and consequently do not have to compete against anyone BUT I had no problem to compete against anyone in the past, men or women, black or white, Germans or immigrants. It was NOT about the battle of se. xes for me, it was about the battle of the best and it got me where I wanted to be. I am proud, my family is proud, my friends are proud so why does it pain you?

If you think that a career woman is unable to raise your children properly, do not marry any. Or if you are so concerned about the well-being of children, stay at home and look after them. What stops you?

Even if you are somewhat scared of female competition instead of feeling motivated, you must KNOW that working women will contribute POSITIVELY to the economy.

Working women → more money → more demand for goods and services → more jobs → more prosperity

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
jhidey08: congrats o, career woman.

Does it pain you?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by jhidey08(m): 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Does it pain you?
luk at d way u're thinking. Hw would I b unhappy wit ur success when I av my lyf 2 live. U don't even knw who I am.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Look, I have the job of my dreams. I worked hard to get there. I am the best I can be and my bosses are more than satisfied with me. I love what I am doing. I have a permanent contract and consequently do not have to compete against anyone BUT I had no problem to compete against anyone in the past, men or women, black or white, Germans or immigrants. It was NOT about the battle of se. xes for me, it was about the battle of the best and it got me where I wanted to be. I am proud, my family is proud, my friends are proud so why does it pain you?

If you think that a career woman is unable to raise your children properly, do not marry any. Or if you are so concerned about the well-being of children, stay at home and look after them. What stops you?

Even if you are somewhat scared of female competition instead of feeling motivated, you must KNOW that working women will contribute POSITIVELY to the economy.

Working women → more money → more demand for goods and services → more jobs → more prosperity

One question, why would you want to compete in the first place? to prove something that you were deprived?

You can be who you want to be but when it comes to the issue of marriage and raising kids, you must be selfless and ready to let go.

I have no problem with you competing at work or wherever and I have never competed with anyone (work) before so it's not about me.

just letting you know that the home front is not for competitors.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
bukatyne:

A caveat at the end would have sufficed

It is one trackness to think it is only selfishness or trying to compete with hubby that makes women stay out long hours. Working a job is very different from building a career.

I have an aversion to staying out late. I leave home the latest possible time and leave at the earliest I can after I am satisfied I have done a good day's job.

When you have those who look up to you at home and you stay out late because you want to be paid and promoted at work to me is selfishness. that's what I'm driving at.
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
honeric01:

One question, why would you want to compete in the first place? to prove something that you were deprived?

To get the job many others would love to have but very few can.

You can be who you want to be but when it comes to the issue of marriage and raising kids, you must be selfless and ready to let go.

Only me?

I have no problem with you competing at work or wherever and I have never competed with anyone (work) before so it's not about me.

I have competed to get the job many others wanted to have but a few could.
If there was no competition, people would not strive to be better and better, example: World Cup.

just letting you know that the home front is not for competitors.

Did I say it was?
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

To get the job many others would love to have but very few can.

Only me?

I have competed to get the job many others wanted to have but a few could.
If there was no competition, people would not strive to be better and better, example: World Cup.

Did I say it was?

Yes you are by your 'anything goes attitude" there are roles in the home and this you can't fault because it has remained the best model for home building so far. When no one in particular is incharge of some roles in the home , what you see is lawlessness and lack of commitment.

why do you think everyone is given a specific role to play at work?
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
honeric01:

Yes you are by your 'anything goes attitude" there are roles in the home and this you can't fault because it has remained the best model for home building so far.

Says who?

Is Nigeria a proof of how successful this model is?

When no one in particular is incharge of some roles in the home , what you see is lawlessness and lack of commitment.

I never said that family members do not have to take responsibilities. All I am saying is that nobody will dictate me what my "natural" or "religious" responsibilities are. It is my and my partner's business.

why do you think everyone is given a specific role to play at work?

These roles depend on one's abilities, not on someone's gender. This is the CRUCIAL difference.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
YES to ambition.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Says who?

Is Nigeria a proof of how successful this model is?

I never said that family members do not have to take responsibilities. All I am saying is that nobody will dictate me what my "natural" or "religious" responsibilities are. It is my and my partner's business.

These roles depend on one's abilities, not on someone's gender. This is the CRUCIAL difference.

By ability , who do you think should be closer to the children?
By ability, who should provide security?
By ability, who should gather?
By ability, who should manage?

By ability, why are men bigger, stronger and rational but single Tasker?
By ability, why are women smaller, "weaker" and irrational but a multitasker?
By ability, why are women more compassionate and more sympathetic/empathetic?

Society, nature, ability and cultural views say a woman gives birth and breastfeed, would you rather the man give birth and breastfeed since you do not want culture, religion or society dictating what is 'default' to you?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
honeric01:

By ability , who do you think should be closer to the children?

Both parents unless re. tarded can be equally close to children. A father, like a mother, CAN be even closer.

By ability, who should provide security?

I am a lioness, I can provide a lot of security. wink

By ability, who should gather?

Anyone can gather unless he or she is a re. tard. What is difficult about it?

By ability, who should manage?

This really does not depend on gender. I have brilliant management skills, so does my sweetheart.

By ability, why are men bigger, stronger and rational but single Tasker?
By ability, why are women smaller, "weaker" and irrational but a multitasker?

Some women are bigger and stronger than some men, so?
Physical force is not of the utmost importance in modern, developed societies.

By ability, why are women more compassionate and more sympathetic/empathetic?

Empathy is not a female privilege, if it was, there would be no male psychologists.

You wanted me to generalise, it won't happen. It would be wrong to do so. Reality is far more complex.

Society, nature, ability and cultural views say a woman gives birth and breastfeed, would you rather the man give birth and breastfeed since you do not want culture, religion or society dictating what is 'default' to you?

I am a social critic, especially when it comes to societies that are failures so do not expect me to stick to societal norms that I consider rubbish, same for cultural norms.

I have no problem with nature but my abilities do not begin and end with breeding and cleaning.

Like I said, there are plenty of women eager to get married and to dedicate themselves to family life and traditional roles, go and find one. I am perfectly ok with it but I will continue making money and my sweetheart is supporting it wink

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 4:55am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Both parents unless re. tarded can be equally close to children. A father, like a mother, CAN be even closer.

I am a lioness, I can provide a lot of security. wink

Anyone can gather unless he or she is a re. tard. What is difficult about it?

This really does not depend on gender. I have brilliant management skills, so does my sweetheart.

Some women are bigger and stronger than some men, so?
Physical force is not of the utmost importance in modern, developed societies.

Empathy is not a female privilege, if it was, there would be no male psychologists.

You wanted me to generalise, it won't happen. It would be wrong to do so. Reality is far more complex.

I am a social critic, especially when it comes to societies that are failures so do not expect me to stick to societal norms that I consider rubbish, same for cultural norms.

I have no problem with nature but my abilities do not begin and end with breeding and cleaning.

Like I said, there are plenty of women eager to get married and to dedicate themselves to family life and traditional roles, go and find one. I am perfectly ok with it but I will continue making money and my sweetheart is supporting it wink

It's easy to know someone who's grasping at straw when he or she is basing his or her arguments on rare exceptions.

You have also handpicked what you think you can "counter" while ignoring the rest.

How many women are stronger? how many men can multitask?

Women lacking in motherly features should not get married same with men lacking fatherly features. marriage is supposed to be optional and not a must.

Marriage is for selfless and ever ready to compromise set of people, these features can't and must not be lost to " anyone can do anything " mindset.

It's cheap to play ostrich so enjoy your "anything fly mantra".

Btw, I am not searching for what I already have so quit bringing that up. your kind of person are the ones distorting natural balance which the world is presently bearing the brunt of the aftermath effects.

Another error from you, lioness don't provide their own security, the lion does the securing against intruders. if you're married to a man weaker than you, then there is a problem.
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by vict505(m): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2014
Matthewbriggs: I had a chat ... With a friend and he was like he would not go for a woman as ambitious as him.

Just like me he has very crazy ambitions ... We are both committed to seeing our daring dreams come to pass.

He reason is that he wouldn't like a situation where him and his spouse are so preoccupied with their DARING goals at the detriment of the family.

Eg. He goes on a business trip to go seal a deal and his wife jets off to Paris to go launch her new line ... With both of then never having time for the kids or each other due to their demanding careers as they try to build their dreams.

He says he is not expecting her to be a house wife but more like she would have a lesser demanding career or job than his.

He was like their is need for balance. With one of the couple having a lesser dream or demanding career.

I am like if you have someone as ambitious as you ... You both stand the chance of sharpening each other and assisting each other achieve their dreams, I was like it would be very wrong of you to inhibit your spouses goals because you want her to have time for the family.

He was like he would not be inhibiting her ambition if she doesn't have a big ambition in the first place.

So now one of his criteria is a woman with little or no ambition but she would be very smart and intelligent and working class.

I am like you can't be smart without having an ambition. He was like her ambition would not be too big or demanding of her time.

As for me I am turned on by women with really bold ambitions. The only clause is do not forget I exist as you go on to pursue that dream.

What's your take people. Is it ideal to go for someone with a lower ambition than you. Male or female. Nawao for some guys ooo

#MathewBriggs
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by bukatyne(f): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2014
honeric01:

When you have those who look up to you at home and you stay out late because you want to be paid and promoted at work to me is selfishness. that's what I'm driving at.

Ok
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2014
honeric01:

It's easy to know someone who's grasping at straw when he or she is basing his or her arguments on rare exceptions.

You have also handpicked what you think you can "counter" while ignoring the rest.

How many women are stronger? how many men can multitask?

I have countered EVERYTHING and shown that apart from physical strength, which men usually have more of, there is NOTHING else in your post that is particular of one gender. Consequently, MEN CAN AS WELL AS WOMEN TAKE CARE OF CHILDREN.

Women lacking in motherly features should not get married same with men lacking fatherly features. marriage is supposed to be optional and not a must.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

Marriage is for selfless and ever ready to compromise set of people, these features can't and must not be lost to " anyone can do anything " mindset.

I never said "anyone can do anything" in a marriage. I said a couple must have the freedom to decide TOGETHER how to run a family.

It's cheap to play ostrich so enjoy your "anything fly mantra".

It is boring to explain one nd the same thing again and again.

tw, I am not searching for what I already have so quit bringing that up. your kind of person are the ones distorting natural balance which the world is presently bearing the brunt of the aftermath effects.

Your kind is an obstacle to progress that Nigeria DESPERATELY needs.

Keep telling your daughters that there place is in the kitchen and Nigerian economy will flourish.

Let more chai chai chai diaris God ooo women raise more dumb children.

Let more girls sell their bodies to get a recharge card for their phone.

Best model ever is a joke.

Another error from you, lioness don't provide their own security, the lion does the securing against intruders. if you're married to a man weaker than you, then there is a problem.

It was a metaphor but if you have never watched female animals fighting and hunting, I recommend that you watch discovery channel.
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by kaboninc(m): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I was dreaming of carefreeness when a loved one was sick. This is when I created the account and came up with the name. Times were tough back then, now everything is ok again.

You know our names (including alias) tells so much about who we are.
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by cinderellla(f): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2014
I admire youu so much carefreewannabe and I deefinitelyy do not agrree withh aall your views.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have countered EVERYTHING and shown that apart from physical strength, which men usually have more of, there is NOTHING else in your post that is particular of one gender. Consequently, MEN CAN AS WELL AS WOMEN TAKE CARE OF CHILDREN.

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

I never said "anyone can do anything" in a marriage. I said a couple must have the freedom to decide TOGETHER how to run a family.

It is boring to explain one nd the same thing again and again.

Your kind is an obstacle to progress that Nigeria DESPERATELY needs.

Keep telling your daughters that there place is in the kitchen and Nigerian economy will flourish.

Let more chai chai chai diaris God ooo women raise more dumb children.

Let more girls sell their bodies to get a recharge card for their phone.

Best model ever is a joke.

It was a metaphor but if you have never watched female animals fighting and hunting, I recommend that you watch discovery channel.

You still do not get it, rather trying to twist this conversation, no one is saying female should end up in the kitchen, that is what you made up yourself just to "hold on to that straw". My point still remain, the number one JOB of every MOTHER is to nurture, if you fail in nurturing the young ones with the excuse of "working" and chasing your "career", then you have failed womanhood. (Note: I am talking to mothers, not girls or shemales)

The lionesses fight and hunt for food "together in a pack" unlike the lion that hunts alone (CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE?) and when it comes to protection, they rely on the Alpha lion who takes care of the security against other lions. you should watch National geography channel more and not discovery channel grin grin

Nothing wrong with deciding how to run a home, but when you start saying your husband should do the chores you are naturally expected to do on the basis of "anything fly", then you are distorting the natural flow. you said responsibilities should not be shared based on gender and i showed you why most of the "family-related" responsibilities must be shared base on the gender. now you are trying to dribble yourself and at the same time play the "blackmail" card.

I believe alot of people can see through your post the kind of person you are.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2014
honeric01:

You still do not get it, rather trying to twist this conversation, no one is saying female should end up in the kitchen, that is what you made up yourself just to "hold on to that straw". My point still remain, the number one JOB of every MOTHER is to nurture, if you fail in nurturing the young ones with the excuse of "working" and chasing your "career", then you have failed womanhood. (Note: I am talking to mothers, not girls or shemales)

I agree and the number one job of a father is to nurture too.

They fight and hunt for food "together in a pack" unlike the male lion that hunts alone (CAN YOU SPOT THE DIFFERENCE?) and when it comes to protection, they rely on the Alpha male lion who takes care of the security against other male lions. you should watch National geography channel more and not discovery channel grin grin

Like I said, it was a metaphor.

Nothing wrong with deciding how to run a home, but when you start saying your husband should do the chores you are naturally expected to do on the basis of "anything fly", then you are distorting the natural flow. you said responsibilities should not be shared based on gender and i showed you why most of the "family-related" responsibilities must be shared. now you are trying to dribble yourself and at the same time play the "blackmail" card.

First of all, I will NEVER agree that I am NATURALLY expected to do the chores. This is your conviction, not mine but maybe you can explain to me what makes a man UNABLE or DISABLED to clean up after himself / do the chores.

You have NOT showed me why family-related responsibilities must be shared based on gender, you have rather convinced me why they should NOT.

So please, before I leave the house, you still have some time, to explain to me why MEN are UNABLE to do the chores and look after the children and please do not come again with the out of space argument of "natural flow". I am waiting.

I believe alot can see through your post the kind of person you are.

Good, I am not ashamed. I am very proud of myself.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2014
cinderellla: I admire youu so much carefreewannabe and I deefinitelyy do not agrree withh aall your views.

Thanks but why do you admire me? I am happy to hear you have your own way of thinking wink
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by cinderellla(f): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Thanks but why do you admire me? I am happy to hear you have your own way of thinking wink
. Bbbecauuse you aare true to yourself...yyyou are focused and you know ww wwho you are and what yyou waant. I strongly beelieve our lives should be our choice and we should all know thhat. Aaa hhousewife is nott better than a career Womaan and a ccarreer wwoman is not betterr thhan aa hhousewife.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2014
cinderellla: . Bbbecauuse you aare true to yourself...yyyou are focused and you know ww wwho you are and what yyou waant. I strongly beelieve our lives should be our choice and we should all know thhat. Aaa hhousewife is nott better than a career Womaan and a ccarreer wwoman is not betterr thhan aa hhousewife.

@bold

I agree 100 %

wink wink wink
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2014
There are careers that won't let you take up a family. There are ones you will resign from after having kids. There are the ones you could run along side with your family. Find what your inner self wants and go for it.

Not everyone wants to get married or have kids.

You can be partners for yrs without getting married and having kids just to keep your careers.
You can still keep your career while married and with kids. Your choice .

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I just read this page now without reading the rest and this caught my attention.

Carefree and Cinderella. Come and explain o. grin
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

I just read this page now without reading the rest and this caught my attention.

Carefree and Cinderella. Come and explain o. grin

LOL.

Explain what? I am only making new friends. I have to balance the amount of new enemies. tongue You should try and do the same tongue smiley
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2014
honeric01

You were debating with me for hours last night and when I woke up you were still here, so where are you now?

I am waiting for an answer.

What exactly makes a man UNABLE to do house chores and look after his children?
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

LOL.

Explain what? I am only making new friends. I have to balance the amount of new enemies. tongue You should try and do the same tongue smiley

Those friends might the old enemies with new usernames. Beware of some.
As for me, the longer the enemy the better . Most Nigerians like people wey dey follow them suffer. So my " friends" is limited . Enjoy dear
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by TV01(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:
What research do you need to see that progressive countries are progressive?
Research that shows - as you are claiming - that it is the move away from traditional households that is responsible for this "progress". Or research that shows that it is Nigerias family structure that is hindering it's progress/development.

carefreewannabe:
Be more specific. What exactly are fathers UNABLE to provide except for b.r.e a. s. t- feeding?
Your ideology forces you to reduce child raising to chores. It's far more than that. Mothers and fathers contribute in different ways to a childs development. The way the articulate, empathise, play, discipline and comfort children all differ. Input from the two is key to a childs optimal development. Nurture =/= Chores.

Making it sound like there is no difference between the input/contribution of mothers and fathers is ideologically led, not evidence based. These differences are biologically re-inforced. Our wiring means men and women have natural capabilities and inclinations which make them better suited for particular roles and bring different input to parenting. So far example, boys raised without a mothers input often lack empathy.

Ideologically you are on the exact same page as the homosexualists. Have the strength of your convictions. Are two fathers or two mothers exactly the same as a mother and a father. Do children only really need mothers at the point of entry?

carefreewannabe:
You STILL have not answered my question. What exactly are fathers NOT ABLE to give to their children that mothers are except for b.r.e.a.st - feeding?
As above

carefreewannabe:
I don't remember, I read this article some years ago at a doctor's office.
Again, as above. How will you remember grin!

carefreewannabe:
This is not what I said.
And again, as above. That is what is clearly implied by your position. Fathers and mothers are interchangeable and therefore replaceable by each other. Or simply expendable. And again, have the strength of your convictions.

carefreewannabe:
I am quite sure you are a good man. wink
Pix or you wont believe it cheesy!

carefreewannabe:
A society's progress has ALWAYS very much to do with its core unit called family. No sociologist would dispute that.
And nobody here is.
Is the "progress" of Western nations due to role-swapping or reversal in traditional families? Is it due to homosexualisation of those nations?
Please show us one "developed" or "progressive" nation where the "traditional family" is not the overwhelming family type.

carefreewannabe:
I would rather have higher divorce rates than fathers who, when bored with the first wife, get a second or third or ....
In your "developed/progressive" nations up to 70% of divorces are instituted by women. Many on the basis of vague notions of "not being happy", and a sense that they'll be happier without the husbands, but with the lions share of the assets he accumulated. What's your point?

carefreewannabe:
I would rather have single-parent homes than miserable marriages, in which women are threatened to be send packing out of the HUSBAND'S house.
Marriage is not miserable by design, neither do children appear without action. Neither of the two are necessary, dependant on each other or an indicator of "progress". What point are you making?

carefreewannabe:
I would rather have teen pregnancies, which are RATHER typical of the lower classes, than girls who have abortions in dubious places and men who LEGALLY marry marry kids.
Your point is? Are not teen pregnancies correlated to abortions? Can you have abortions without having pregnancies. Are there no lower class girls in "developed" nations. Are "kids" in developed nations not supplied with contraceptives - without their parents knowledge - and encouraged to explore sex when barely out of kindergarten?

What is the difference between kids having sex and kids of the same age marrying?

carefreewannabe:
Suicide, drug abuse, se.xual violence and porn addicitons are also to be encountered in Nigeria.
They are not as rampant or culturally embedded. They are not socially acceptable and still scorned as opposed to considered cool. That makes Nigeria more progressive no?

carefreewannabe:
I PREFER TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY THAT IS NOT PERFECT THAN IN A SOCIETY THAT IS A COMPLETE MESS WITH EXTREME HIGH POVERTY AND AIDS RATES AND CORPSES ON THE STREET.
Nobody is denying you your preferences, you just can't have your own facts cool!

carefreewannabe:
I agree, I was in Turkey some years ago.
Me too. Lots of Germans. They love beach volley, although they were very competitive and way too serious - even on holiday.

TV

4 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 9:54am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe: honeric01

You were debating with me for hours last night and when I woke up you were still here, so where are you now?

I am waiting for an answer.

What exactly makes a man UNABLE to do house chores and look after his children?

In the office
I don't have any issue with men doing chores or looking after their kids
Now, the chores are not his primary role, looking after the kids are his primary roles.

This role (Looking after the kids) are as follows : (IMO)

Stand as a role model, what a man should be, how to be responsible,
Providing food,
Shelter,
Protection,
Love,
Support (Educationally and morally, spiritually and otherwise)

These are his MAJOR ROLES

The rest are minor.

The chores are to his discretion.

Now, to you:

What exactly makes a woman UNABLE to do house chores and look after her children and why should a mother leave home before her husband and kids and also return home later than the kids and husband?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I agree and the number one job of a father is to nurture too.

Like I said, it was a metaphor.

First of all, I will NEVER agree that I am NATURALLY expected to do the chores. This is your conviction, not mine but maybe you can explain to me what makes a man UNABLE or DISABLED to clean up after himself / do the chores.

Wait o.. when you say "chores", can you break this down?

I showed you or you decided to ignore it because it didn't support your views? go back to my previous posts

When i say nurture, what do you understand by the word "nurture"?
Re: Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2014
honeric01:

In the office
I don't have any issue with men doing chores or looking after their kids
Now, the chores are not his primary role, looking after the kids are his primary roles.

I already know that you think this way but WHY are the chores not his primary role but the woman's?

This role (Looking after the kids) are as follows : (IMO)

Providing food
Shelter
Protection
Love
Support (Educationally and morally)

These are his MAJOR ROLES

The rest are minor.

The chores are to his discretion.

All of this can also be done by the mother.
Why are the chores to his discretion?

I didn't ask you to say what you consider a man's and a woman's roles, I was aware of your convictions.

Now, to you:

What exactly makes a woman UNABLE to do house chores and look after her children and why should a mother leave home before her husband and kids and also return home later than the kids and husband?

Nothing makes a woman unable to do house chores and look after her children.

A woman should leave home before her husband and kids and return later when she and her husband agree on such an arrangement because, for example, she has a job that pays better or because she is about to be promoted or because she is temporarily working on an importnat project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

White Girl, Pregnant To Married Nigerian Man / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / Help! My Wife Has A Flaccid Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.