Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:01 PM

8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles (3843 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Ubenedictus(m): 1:26am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Sleep dey my eye.....I will reply you later on that thread
slip tight.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You should be ashamed of yourself

If you were a catholic spokesman, you would have been ridiculed tirelessly and embarrassed if you made this comment on tv

Seriously, what do atheists have to do with catholic molestation? Two wrongs make a right? smh

1. You have no way of knowing if I would have been ridiculed and embarrassed. You're just assuming.

2. If Atheists have nothing to do with "Catholic molestation," why are Atheists on nairaland whining over it?

3. How many kids have been molested by people who share your faith or lack of faith...and what are you people doing about it?

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 9:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist:
LMFAO.
"We are not the only ones doing it, so it is not wrong" grin

You said so, not me.

I only asked:

Who will tell us the rate of paedophilia among Atheists?

Who will tell us the total number of Atheist paedophiles in the world?

Who will tell us how many children have been molested by Atheists all through history?

Apparently, you Atheists dont see "atheist molestation" as a problem.

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 9:11am On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist:
Fighting which problem? What they've tried extensively - - and failed woefully - - to sweep under the carpet? grin

It is a fact that hundreds of priests have been defrocked in the last few years.

What has apatheist done about atheist molestation?

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 9:21am On Jul 14, 2014
italo:

1. You have no way of knowing if I would have been ridiculed and embarrassed. You're just assuming.

2. If Atheists have nothing to do with "Catholic molestation," why are Atheists on nairaland whining over it?

3. How many kids have been molested by people who share your faith or lack of faith...and what are you people doing about it?

Can you tell me an atheist/humanist organisation known for child molestation? No.....our organisations dont sexually repress our workers.

And yes, you would be ridiculed like the many catholic apologists on TV

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:25am On Jul 14, 2014
disgusting.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by cold(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2014
PAGAN9JA: disgusting.
Very..

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2014
italo:

It is a fact that hundreds of priests have been defrocked in the last few years.

What has apatheist done about atheist molestation?
Show me one atheist molester.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2014
italo:

You said so, not me.

I only asked:

Who will tell us how many children have been molested by Atheists all through history?

Apparently, you Atheists dont see "atheist molestation" as a problem.
0.07%
Source:www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/why-atheists-make-85-percent-americas-scientists-and-07-percent-its-prison

Do you want the number for priests? grin

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 14, 2014
Forever catholic and proud. Mistakes of a few men shouldn't make you judge all and that figure is a big lie!!

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2014
Photoshop!

cold:
Very..
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by mmsen: 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
peppyluv02: Forever catholic and proud. Mistakes of a few men shouldn't make you judge all and that figure is a big lie!!

So the Catholic Church is lying but you are proud of being a Catholic?

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Can you tell me an atheist/humanist organisation known for child molestation? No.....our organisations dont sexually repress our workers.

And yes, you would be ridiculed like the many catholic apologists on TV

Apatheist:
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism,_pederasty_and_NAMBLA

Now what have you ignorant Atheist haters ever done about those?
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Apatheist:
0.07%
Source:www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/why-atheists-make-85-percent-americas-scientists-and-07-percent-its-prison

Do you want the number for priests? grin

You failed to answer the questions:

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
italo:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism,_pederasty_and_NAMBLA

Now what have you ignorant Atheist haters ever done about those?
I saw only three people on the list, and they were ALL consensual. Catholic priests RAPE boys.
You could only list 3 pedophile atheists from 16% of the world population that's atheist. From 7.6 billion people in the world, 16% are atheist, but only three 3 (THREE) from more than 1.6 billion people that are atheist.
Interestingly, the prison rate for atheist is 0.07% not even up to 0.1% . And they say all morality stems from god. undecided

Now do you want stats for pedophile priests? smiley

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
'ibilibi n'efe efe' and I refuse to be infected. Have a nice day sir!

mmsen:

So the Catholic Church is lying but you are proud of being a Catholic?
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
italo:

You failed to answer the questions:

You've already provided a link.
And the answer is 3.
And the sex was consensual.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by plaetton: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
italo: ...because the Catholic Church is tackling its problem.

No doubts, pedophiles come in all colors and stripes.

But, and that's a big "BUT", other pedophiles do not use the pretense of piety, and under the protective umbrella of a big, old and powerful religious institution to perpetuate their evil.

A pervert is s pervert. A pervert in a priestly robe is a far greater danger to children and society.

The pertinent question is why is religious priesthood, in this case Catholic, such a genteman's club for perverts and pedophiles?

Does priestly training induce some kind of neurosis, or, are homosexual pedophile people somehow drawn to the priesthood, perhaps in genuine attempts to subdue the inner conflicts or disharmony of their tormented psyche?

The bottom line, as has been evident is that the catholic priesthood is a collection of sick people, dangerous people who harm children.
Whether the sickness is caused by internal or external factors is where the focus should be.

3 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by plaetton: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ubenedictus: If this below is an attempt to bully me or misrepresent me then you certainly failed. Read with your head and eyes and if you see anything that is irrational or unobjective in my post then point it out.
ignoratio elenchi, i never said that two wrongs makes a right, i never implied that priests are excused because others do it. Instead i compared statistic, if the general population has 5 percent and the present very bad situation in the church is about 2 percent. So compared to the general population the present very bad situation in the church is less by 3percent. I didn't say it was good, right or beautiful or excusable, i say/said the comparism of the statistics is this.
you don't want me to do that! The highest percentage of pedophilia occurs with close family, the next highest percentage is the teachers, then the couches. I do not wish to make excuses for anyone dear, but you certainly don't want me to compare the priests to the teachers.

this is me been polite.

You do not even have the right to dictate when i should speak or not! You are not the boss of me, and if you were you still wont have the right to tell me when or when not to speak. I am repectful and i respect your freedom of speech, it is only right, infact if you aren't a bigot it is necessary that you respect mine too.

The catholic church is a billion big, and consist of both the living and the "good dead" of milleniums, and those great number of people couldn't all be guilty of aiding and abeting pedophiles intentionally. While some in places of authority in the church may be blamed for many acts and or omission whether intentional or unintentional which may aided or protected pedophile (and hoping they face the laws of both men and God) that still doesn't give you a foot hold to stand and accuse the "catholic church". The catholic church isn't some few men dressed in red. Overgeneralisation is an offensive fallacy.

Now have a nice day and i hope next time you won't attempt to infringe upon another person freedom of speech.

Correction sir,
The catholic is an institution. It is a powerful, old and well entrenched religious , political, economic and administrative institution with a heirachy of leadership and bureaucracy.
Therefore, the catholic church is wholly responsible for all and every act of evil committed by it's agents.
The fact that the church can and has been sued and fined in various jurisdictions is proof that they are deemed responsible both for the acts, and their failure over the many millenia to protect the children.

It would serve the church greater if they can face the facts that the priesthood seem to either induce or attract mainly homosexual pedophiles.

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Weah96: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
peppyluv02: Forever catholic and proud. Mistakes of a few men shouldn't make you judge all and that figure is a big lie!!

You have already proclaimed your eternal membership, the number of child r)ape is of no importance to you. Sieg Hiel!

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
So all the pedoph!les in the world are catholic priests?
The truth is that non catholics especially in the media hate catholic church but we care less! There are controveries in other churches but its only what happens in catholic and Islam that makes headline. I have read on net and other places about other pedoph!les who are pastors even anglican priests. Some are not even men of God.
I suppose you are yoruba. So,what have you people said about the constant molest in your tribe!where fathers sleep with their daughters!!
Guess that's enough reason for me to say that 50% or 80% or even all yoruba men are incestuous including you??

Were you expecting me to deny my faith because of this? Go kiss rat as5 my friends (you and your likes). Besides, we have never presented ourselves or priests as saints and have condenmed those involved.

Weah96:

You have already proclaimed your eternal membership, the number of child r)ape is of no importance to you. Sieg Hiel!

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Weah96: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
peppyluv02:
Guess that's enough reason for me to say that 50% or 80% or even all yoruba men are incestuous including you??

Were you expecting me to deny my faith because of this? Go kiss rat as5 my friends (you and your likes). Besides, we have never presented ourselves or priests as saints and have condenmed those involved.

I'm not Yoruba. But just for the sake of clarification, is your loyalty to the Catholic organization or is it to God? And yes, you have presented yourselves as saints. This whole mandatory celibacy business that your priests follow is a PR move designed to make them appear holy and pious. Not only that, but the Vatican itself gets to allocate sainthood. Any organization with the power to assign sainthood to people should not contain child r)apists. That's all I'm saying

3 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by plaetton: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
^^^
One can only imagine how many Catholic saints had been pedophiles.
Mmcchew!
The nonsense that people hold reverence to in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2014
And no one is being forced to be a priest! You can quit a night to your ordination. These men are human not God. You and I know how much most people pretend and hide their true character for a very long time.
The vatican don't allocate sainthood. They recognise those worthy of it. Let's say you are Anglican or any of the orthodox churches,why do you choose the names of those saints if you think its being allocated maybe for favoritism or something.
Pls we don't see ourselves as saints. We always find ourselves unworthy before God and it reflects in our prayers..
"Lord, I am not worthy to receive you,but only say a word and my soul shall be healed"

Mind you, I and my catholic brethens are not supporting the priests who committed such atrocities but we are defending the church because you people seem to judge and condenm us all just because of few men who are not even up to 2% of the catholic population.
I don't support the issue of pedophiles and it makes me ashamed when I hear of it but that won't make me deny my faith.
I never became a catholic because of those priests neither was it by birth. Yes,I was a born a catholic,my maternal grandfather lived with Blessed Iwene Tansi as a boy so I have a strong catholic background but that's not the real reason for my strong faith in it. As I grew older,I had a chance to explore other churches,not condenming them afterall, there are pastors I listen to and enjoy their preaching but I think I learn the best of what I want from the catholic church.

And to answer your question,my loyalty is to God whom I got strongly connected to through the church.

Good night.

Weah96:

I'm not Yoruba. But just for the sake of clarification, is your loyalty to the Catholic organization or is it to God? And yes, you have presented yourselves as saints. This whole mandatory celibacy business that your priests follow is a PR move designed to make them appear holy and pious. Not only that, but the Vatican itself gets to allocate sainthood. Any organization with the power to assign sainthood to people should not contain child r)apists. That's all I'm saying

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Weah96: 2:10am On Jul 15, 2014
peppyluv02:

Mind you, I and my catholic brethens are not supporting the priests who committed such atrocities but we are defending the church because you people seem to judge and condenm us all just because of few men who are not even up to 2% of the catholic population.

Who is this 'church' that you are defending? Is it the buildings or the members? The accessory to r)ape charges have been levied against specific people including the last pope. Nobody's saying that it was you who r)aped boys. Why do you feel a need to defend a person whom you've never met? How do they affect your ticket to heaven?
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by tbaba1234: 2:20am On Jul 15, 2014
If you block the natural route of a river, it will come out in weird and twisted ways.

It will cause a lot of uproar but maybe priests should be allowed to get married.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
I saw only three people on the list, and they were ALL consensual. Catholic priests RAPE boys.
You could only list 3 pedophile atheists from 16% of the world population that's atheist. From 7.6 billion people in the world, 16% are atheist, but only three 3 (THREE) from more than 1.6 billion people that are atheist.
Interestingly, the prison rate for atheist is 0.07% not even up to 0.1% . And they say all morality stems from god. undecided

Now do you want stats for pedophile priests? smiley

You have no reasonable point.

You asked for only one.

Apatheist:

I gave you three...for starters.

What have you ignorant Atheists done about those three?

Then I will name many more.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 6:43am On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
You've already provided a link.
And the answer is 3.
And the sex was consensual.

Are you really this dull or you're just a computer virus at work?

Here's what the link says:

Some of the well known atheist advocates
of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) are:
1. The atheist and homosexual David Thorstad was a founding member of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA).[1]
2. Harry Hay (1912 - 2002) was a liberal atheist advocate of statutory rape and the widely acknowledged founder and progenitor of the activist homosexual agenda in the United States.[2][3][4] Hay joined the Communist Party of the United States (CPUSA) in 1934. [5] He was a vociferous advocate of man/boy love. [6][7] In 1986, Hay marched in a gay parade wearing a shirt emblazoned with the words "NAMBLA walks with me."[8]
3. The writer Samuel R. Delaney is an atheist and a homosexual.[9][10] Delaney said he was a supporter of NAMBLA.[11]

There are multitudes of Atheist molesters.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2014
plaetton:

No doubts, pedophiles come in all colors and stripes.

But, and that's a big "BUT", other pedophiles do not use the pretense of piety, and under the protective umbrella of a big, old and powerful religious institution to perpetuate their evil.

A pervert is s pervert. A pervert in a priestly robe is a far greater danger to children and society.

The pertinent question is why is religious priesthood, in this case Catholic, such a genteman's club for perverts and pedophiles?

Does priestly training induce some kind of neurosis, or, are homosexual pedophile people somehow drawn to the priesthood, perhaps in genuine attempts to subdue the inner conflicts or disharmony of their tormented psyche?

The bottom line, as has been evident is that the catholic priesthood is a collection of sick people, dangerous people who harm children.
Whether the sickness is caused by internal or external factors is where the focus should be.

You're still missing it. Paedophilia is more rampant among you non-Catholic priests than it is among priests. Plaetton and his like are far more likely to be paedophiles than a Catholic priest is. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

You're exhibiting poor reasoning. Read this and direct your dull tirade at you members of the general population who are far worse:

As I’ve noted elsewhere, child-molestation is not a Catholic problem. It is a problem of Western culture in general. As Newsweek pointed out in their 2011 article Mean Men, “experts say there’s simply no data to support the claim [that the Church is “a refuge for pederasts”] at all …. based on the surveys and studies conducted by different denominations over the past 30 years, experts who study child abuse say they see little reason to conclude that sexual abuse is mostly a Catholic issue. ‘We don’t see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,’ said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.”

Dr Thomas Plante a Professor of Psychology and an Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine says “available research suggests that approximately two to five per cent of priests have had a sexual experience with a minor” a percentage which “is lower than the general adult male population that is best estimated to be closer to eight per cent.”

A child is more likely to be molested by his parents, his neighbors, or family friends than a priest, yet there exists no stereotype about these groups. According to the US Department of Education’s report on the issue, entitled Educator Sexual Misconduct: A Synthesis of Existing Literature, “the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by [Catholic] priests.
- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012/05/3-arguments-atheists-arent-allowed-to-use-anymore.html#sthash.aFw3BHAh.dpuf

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:04am On Jul 15, 2014
The problem with you ignorant Atheists is that you know nothing...yet talk a lot.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2014
tbaba1234: If you block the natural route of a river, it will come out in weird and twisted ways.

It will cause a lot of uproar but maybe priests should be allowed to get married.

Friend, paedophilia is more rampant among the general population who are free to marry than among priests. How about that to nullify your suggestion?

"A child is more likely to be molested by his parents, his neighbors, or family friends than a priest, yet there exists no stereotype about these groups."
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012/05/3-arguments-atheists-arent-allowed-to-use-anymore.html#sthash.aFw3BHAh.dpuf

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2014
Weah96:

The same Catholic Church compiled and canonized the Bible. Deal with that.

Ours has always been a Church of saints and sinners.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholic Answers- Mary, The Queen Of Heaven!! / The Garden Of Eden Is In This EXACT Location. Secrets Declassified. / Factors That Caused Muhammad To Reject Christianity And Start His Own Religion:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.