Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles (3870 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Catholic Priests That Changed The World / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Can you tell me an atheist/humanist organisation known for child molestation? No.....our organisations dont sexually repress our workers.

And yes, you would be ridiculed like the many catholic apologists on TV

Italo, you havent replied my question in bold.

What atheist/humanist organisation is known for child molestation

And by the way, NAMBLA has christian members. It is not an atheist organisation
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:23am On Jul 15, 2014
^^^
I have given you valid reasons why one shouldnt compare the catholic church and the rest of the world.

The discrepancy in the sample sizes is too much

It would be better to compare the catholic church with other organisations. Unfortunately, if we did, we would see that the catholic church is one of the best for child molestation
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

Are you really this dull or you're just a computer virus at work?

Here's what the link says:

Some of the well known atheist advocates
of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) are:
1. The atheist and homosexual David Thorstad was a founding member of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA).[1]
2. Harry Hay (1912 - 2002) was a liberal atheist advocate of statutory rape and the widely acknowledged founder and progenitor of the activist homosexual agenda in the United States.[2][3][4] Hay joined the Communist Party of the United States (CPUSA) in 1934. [5] He was a vociferous advocate of man/boy love. [6][7] In 1986, Hay marched in a gay parade wearing a shirt emblazoned with the words "NAMBLA walks with me."[8]
3. The writer Samuel R. Delaney is an atheist and a homosexual.[9][10] Delaney said he was a supporter of NAMBLA.[11]

There are multitudes of Atheist molesters.
Kikikikikiki.
Bring a figure na.
What is the percentage of Atheists? How many of them? We need figures, not talk. If you say there are "multitudes" we need to see a figure and source. smiley
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

You have no reasonable point.

You asked for only one.

I gave you three...for starters.

What have you ignorant Atheists done about those three?

Then I will name many more.
I told you before, the sex was consensual.
Compared to the rape, that Catholic priests do.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:27am On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
Kikikikikiki.
Bring a figure na.
What is the percentage of Atheists? How many of them? We need figures, not talk. If you say there are "multitudes" we need to see a figure and source. smiley

Dont mind him. NAMBLA is even more likely to be full of more christians than atheists, given the religiousity of America.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:27am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:
Italo, you havent replied my question in bold.
What atheist/humanist organisation is known for child molestation
And by the way, NAMBLA has christian members. It is not an atheist organisation
these questions came first. You pretended not to see them.

2. If Atheists have nothing to do with "Catholic molestation," why are Atheists on nairaland whining over it?

3. How many kids have been molested by people who share your faith or lack of faith...and what are you people doing about it?

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:28am On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
I told you before, the sex was consensual.
Compared to the rape, that Catholic priests do.

Se.x was consensual? Between man and boy? shocked
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2: ^^^
I have given you valid reasons why one shouldnt compare the catholic church and the rest of the world.

It would be better to compare the catholic church with other organisations. Unfortunately, if we did, we would see that the catholic church is one of the best for child molestation

As I’ve noted elsewhere, child-molestation is not a Catholic problem. It is a problem of Western culture in general. As Newsweek pointed out in their 2011 article Mean Men, “experts say there’s simply no data to support the claim [that the Church is “a refuge for pederasts”] at all …. based on the surveys and studies conducted by different denominations over the past 30 years, experts who study child abuse say they see little reason to conclude that intimate abuse is mostly a Catholic issue. ‘We don’t see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,’ said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.”

Dr Thomas Plante a Professor of Psychology and an Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine says “available research suggests that approximately two to five per cent of priests have had a intimate experience with a minor” a percentage which “is lower than the general adult male population that is best estimated to be closer to eight per cent.”

A child is more likely to be molested by his parents, his neighbors, or family friends than a priest, yet there exists no stereotype about these groups. According to the US Department of Education’s report on the issue, entitled Educator intimate Misconduct: A Synthesis of Existing Literature, “the physical intimate abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by [Catholic] priests.
- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012/05/3-arguments-atheists-arent-allowed-to-use-anymore.html#sthash.aFw3BHAh.dpuf

Learn. Stop wallowing in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Se.x was consensual? Between man and boy? shocked
Here's the definition of consensual
consensual /kənˈsɛnsjʊəl,-ʃʊəl/
adjective
relating to or involving consent or consensus.

According to the link he provided. The boy gave consent, it wasn't rape.

You can argue that he was not up to the legal age of consent, but that's another story entirely.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2014
italo: these questions came first. You pretended not to see them.

2. If Atheists have nothing to do with "Catholic molestation," why are Atheists on nairaland whining over it?

3. How many kids have been molested by people who share your faith or lack of faith...and what are you people doing about it?
=================================

2) Atheists have nothing to do with catholic molestation. Yes, and it means that we have no involvement in the crime of molestation. That doesnt mean that we are not going to report, criticize or complain about any cover up of molestation by the catholic church. Are you foolishly trying to silence the atheists that are talking about it? Freedom of speech much?

3) First of all, there are atheist molesters. Secondly they are so few. Thirdly, there is no atheist organisation that covers for them when they get caught. When they get caught, they get arrested- meaning that there is nothing much to say on the issue of atheist molesters because it is handled well by the police (unlike the catholic case where cover-ups have been found). A closed case

NOW ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

TheBigUrban2: ^^^
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
Kikikikikiki.
Bring a figure na.

That's the first question I asked on this thread. None of you Atheists has answered...and none has done anything about Atheist paedophiles. Obviously...you find no problem with it.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Dont mind him. NAMBLA is even more likely to be full of more christians than atheists, given the religiousity of America.

I mentioned Atheist paedophiles. What have you done about them?

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

That's the first question I asked on this thread. None of you Atheists has answered...and none has done anything about Atheist paedophiles. Obviously...you find no problem with it.

The USA knows about it and didn't arrest them. Also, read this tidbit from Wikipedia :
In testimony before the United States Senate, NAMBLA was exonerated from any criminal activities and it concluded "It is the pedophile with no organized affiliations who is the real threat to children," [14]

Source: Wikipedia article on NAMBLA
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:44am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

As I’ve noted elsewhere, child-molestation is not a Catholic problem. It is a problem of Western culture in general. As Newsweek pointed out in their 2011 article Mean Men, “experts say there’s simply no data to support the claim [that the Church is “a refuge for pederasts”] at all …. based on the surveys and studies conducted by different denominations over the past 30 years, experts who study child abuse say they see little reason to conclude that intimate abuse is mostly a Catholic issue. ‘We don’t see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,’ said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.”

Dr Thomas Plante a Professor of Psychology and an Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine says “available research suggests that approximately two to five per cent of priests have had a intimate experience with a minor” a percentage which “is lower than the general adult male population that is best estimated to be closer to eight per cent.”

A child is more likely to be molested by his parents, his neighbors, or family friends than a priest, yet there exists no stereotype about these groups. According to the US Department of Education’s report on the issue, entitled Educator intimate Misconduct: A Synthesis of Existing Literature, “the physical intimate abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by [Catholic] priests.
- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012/05/3-arguments-atheists-arent-allowed-to-use-anymore.html#sthash.aFw3BHAh.dpuf

Learn. Stop wallowing in ignorance.

Nice try grin grin

1) Molestation is not a catholic problem- you are right on that note. However, when the molestation is rampant in the catholic church (as opposed to other organisations), we expect the church to report the perpetrators to the police and solve the issue. But this hasnt been the case, what we see are cover-up and expensive legal defense of the church, rather than the abused children

2)

What would make these figures relevant is if there could be other institutions (eg baptist churches or secondary schools) that were compared. I doubt that we would find any other organisation of similar size that would have such a percentage of 2-5% of their staff being molesters
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

I mentioned Atheist paedophiles. What have you done about them?

Police have done the work on known atheist pedophiles. I dont need to do anything.

We cant say the same for catholic pedophiles who have been covered up

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 7:59am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

=================================

2) Atheists have nothing to do with catholic molestation. Yes, and it means that we have no involvement in the crime of molestation. That doesnt mean that we are not going to report, criticize or complain about any cover up of molestation by the catholic church. Are you foolishly trying to silence the atheists that are talking about it? Freedom of speech much?

3) First of all, there are atheist molesters. Secondly they are so few. Thirdly, there is no atheist organisation that covers for them when they get caught. When they get caught, they get arrested- meaning that there is nothing much to say on the issue of atheist molesters because it is handled well by the police (unlike the catholic case where cover-ups have been found). A closed case

NOW ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

2. If you can criticize molesters who are Catholic. ..why were you uncomfortable when I asked who gives account for molesters who are Atheists. Is an Atheist paedophile better than a Catholic one?

3. How do you know Atheist molesters are so few? What study did you carry out...and when?

Studies have shown that priests are less likely to be paedophiles than the general population...and all Atheists, including you, are part of that general population.

For your question: I don't know any Atheist organization at all. If they exist, they must be of no good use.

But I know Atheist child molesters who you ignore...but criticize the molesters who are Catholic.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2014
Apatheist:
The USA knows about it and didn't arrest them. Also, read this tidbit from Wikipedia :

Source: Wikipedia article on NAMBLA

Okay...so according to you...molestation is okay, only if done within an organization.

No need to argue further with you.

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

2. If you can criticize molesters who are Catholic. ..why were you uncomfortable when I asked who gives account for molesters who are Atheists. Is an Atheist paedophile better than a Catholic one?

Who told you that I was uncomfortable? Stop the lies

Secondly, atheist molesters are arrested when caught. The catholic molesters get defended and covered up. Seems catholic molesters are more privileged
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

3. How do you know Atheist molesters are so few? What study did you carry out...and when?

First, atheists in prison are so few. Just google it

Secondly, from the reports on molesters that I have seen....the ones that I have looked up were normally theists.
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

Studies have shown that priests are less likely to be paedophiles than the general population...and all Atheists, including you, are part of that general population.

The general population also includes catholics like you. Learn to reason
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 8:08am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

For your question: I don't know any Atheist organization at all. If they exist, they must be of no good use.

American Atheists
International Secular Humanists

And so on.

Dont let your ignorance defeat you
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Nice try grin grin

1) Molestation is not a catholic problem- you are right on that note. However, when the molestation is rampant in the catholic church (as opposed to other organisations), we expect the church to report the perpetrators to the police and solve the issue. But this hasnt been the case, what we see are cover-up and expensive legal defense of the church, rather than the abused children

2)

What would make these figures relevant is if there could be other institutions (eg baptist churches or secondary schools) that were compared. I doubt that we would find any other organisation of similar size that would have such a percentage of 2-5% of their staff being molesters

1. Molestation is not more rampant in the Church than other organizations. You're only assuming. No proof...no study suggests that.

2. The article shows that molestation is more rampant within families, in neighbourhoods and schools. How many families report their molesters to police. Have you reported the criminals in your family, school or workplace to police?

3. You see what you want to see. You don't see the effort the Church has put into checking this menace ands helping the abused because you hate the Church and want to smear it.

4. Give us the rate of paedophilia in other organizations...let's compare.

Studies show that you're more likely to be molesting children around you...than a Catholic priest is.

smiley

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Who told you that I was uncomfortable? Stop the lies

Secondly, atheist molesters are arrested when caught. The catholic molesters get defended and covered up. Seems catholic molesters are more privileged

You making uneducated generalizations.

'Nigerians are scammers.' 'Americans are patriotic'

Stupidity!

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

You making uneducated generalizations.

'Nigerians are scammers.' 'Americans are patriotic'

Stupidity!

What generalisations did I make?

Did the catholic church not have an unofficial policy of hiding/covering abuse cases
guy..learn to make sense
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

1. Molestation is not more rampant in the Church than other organizations. You're only assuming. No proof...no study suggests that.

2. The article shows that molestation is more rampant within families, in neighbourhoods and schools. How many families report their molesters to police. Have you reported the criminals in your family, school or workplace to police?

3. You see what you want to see. You don't see the effort the Church has put into checking this menace ands helping the abused because you hate the Church and want to smear it.

4. Give us the rate of paedophilia in other organizations...let's compare.

Studies show that you're more likely to be molesting children around you...than a Catholic priest is.

smiley

1) You were the one making arguments based on ignorance. You were trying to claim that abuse in catholic church is not on a high level without comparing with other organisations....you wrongly compared with society as a whole

2) Family is not a formal organisation. And you are remixing what the study said. Unless we see figures of other organisations like schools, we can not know which organisation has a high or higher level of molestation.

3) the church only put efforts after criticism. I didnt know that God is that slow

4) You find it since you are claiming that it is not rampant or unique to the catholic church
Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

First, atheists in prison are so few. Just google it

Secondly, from the reports on molesters that I have seen....the ones that I have looked up were normally theists.

'Politicians in prison are so few...so corrupt politicians are few.'

Secondly, the molesters 'you have looked up.'

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:42am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

The general population also includes catholics like you. Learn to reason

Yes. And the Catholic priest is less likely to be a paedophile than the general population, catholic or non-Catholic.

smiley

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

American Atheists
International Secular Humanists

And so on.

Dont let your ignorance defeat you
I don't know a thing about them. What good have they done?

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

What generalisations did I make?

Did the catholic church not have an unofficial policy of hiding/covering abuse cases
guy..learn to make sense

Just like Atheists had an unofficial policy of reporting every abuse case in their families, neighbourhoods and schools.

Nigeria had an unofficial policy of scamming.

Stupidity!

2 Likes

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

1) You were the one making arguments based on ignorance. You were trying to claim that abuse in catholic church is not on a high level without comparing with other organisations....you wrongly compared with society as a whole

2) Family is not a formal organisation. And you are remixing what the study said. Unless we see figures of other organisations like schools, we can not know which organisation has a high or higher level of molestation.

3) the church only put efforts after criticism. I didnt know that God is that slow

4) You find it since you are claiming that it is not rampant or unique to the catholic church

I have provided a study that shows that paedophilia is more rampant in families, schools, neighbourhoods than within the Catholic priesthood. The study shows there is no indication that other denominations are better.

You have provided nothing. Just ignorant assumptions and unguided generalizations.

Studies show you're more likely to be a molester than a priest is.

What else do you want?

smiley

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by italo: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: 8000 Catholic Priests Are Paedophiles by TheBigUrban2: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2014
italo:

Just like Atheists had an unofficial policy of reporting every abuse case in their families, neighbourhoods and schools.

Nigeria had an unofficial policy of scamming.

Stupidity!

grin grin grin grin grin

We know how you argue nonsense when exposed...

Please continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" / Robin & Robin Bullock Prophesy About America And Her Election / Can Anything Come Out Of Nothing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.