Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) (16939 Views)

Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by ayobase(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2014
macof:

You are a mad man. What's your business with Soyinka and his spiritual beliefs??
Aren't u a disgrace yourself for being a slave in your fathers land?

Soyinka was raised Christian but such intelligent mind cannot remain Christian for long, today he is a Pagan/Atheist devoted to Ogun. I can't see how this disturbs ur life

dey there o.

what do u call those that left those and embrace Jesus Christ or allah?

you shall know the truth and the truth shall set u free.

a slave in my fatherland...how?

u better try Jesus and see the difference.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by macof(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2014
ayobase:

dey there o.

what do u call those that left those and embrace christ or allah?

you shall know the truth and the truth shall set u free.

a slave in my fatherland...how?

u better try Jesus and see the difference.

I have tried Jesus for almost 20yrs, He's dead, has been dead for almost 2000yrs

You are a slave...u ask me how??
Lol look at urself well and how you have been sired to Jewish bullshiit

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by ayobase(m): 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
macof:

I have tried Jesus for almost 20yrs, He's dead, has been dead for almost 2000yrs

You are a slave...u ask me how??
Lol look at urself well and how you have been sired to Jewish bullshiit

I guess u were trying to discover Him.

u TRIED Jesus for 20yrs, and u failed.

but I have followed him for more than 20yrs, and I am still enjoying Him.

allow Him do the job. stop trying.
Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by macof(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
ayobase:

I guess u were trying to discover Him.

u TRIED Jesus for 20yrs, and u failed.

but I have followed him for more than 20yrs, and I am still enjoying Him.

allow Him do the job. stop trying.
So then tell me wat the dead and rotten Jesus has offered you or anybody that I or any other non-Christian don't have

1 Like

Re: Happy 80th Birthday To Prof WS (wole Soyinka) by superstar3: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: WS is not an atheist. He is an adherent of African traditional religion, in which he worships different gods. He has often said Ogun, one of the gods, makes him muse of his literary prowess.

If he worship Ogun, that mean he is not an atheist. Ogun is his God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The 7th Annual Igbo Conference (photos+video) / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels / Chimamanda, Bill Gates, Prince Charles In London For Malaria Summit- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.