Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

I Want To Quit My Banking Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (37648 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by tellwisdom: 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
Bro, are you not one of those bankers begging me for money whenever I come banking?? ..please leave the job so you can stop begging customers

The job is already turning you to a beggar. Please leave.sad

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by georgecso(m): 3:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
Even the richest men in world are still working bro...
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by 360command: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2014
Do me a favour, go into blog banking , consultation in financing, recruitment in banking, business startup services. There is money in service sector business.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Blockus: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
okparaugo:

Funny you.

I dont have to prove anything to you..

I have left since..

Ugo, How can you say you worked in a Bank for 5 years without leave?!

That in itself is a violation of Nigerian Labour laws and I know the Banks try as much as they can to comply and leave periods are built into every contract staff's contract. I know this cos I consult and draft outsourcing agreements for companies.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Harmvirus(f): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
If u have a better alternative, quit. If u don't, still manage this one. This is Nigeria, nobody will even send u
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by CocoLoca(f): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
responses on this thread are what encourage employers to treat employees anyhow cos they know there is desperation in the land

op do what you must, you won't die if you quit but you may die (hypertension) if you stay

try start a business first or look for a less-demanding job even if pay is lower

good luck

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
slydog:

Mkting here, guess u knw how it goes
it's well bro, I can imagine...but hope the renumeration isn't based on meeting some set targets?

I pray God gives you a better job
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by momentum85(m): 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
my brother better think twice cos people are 'eyeing' that ur position, except u have better oppotunity.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by NaLaugh: 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee: Please recommend me to your bank o, i love banking, right now, i'm not into banking but i work for a bank.

Cleaner Tinz.

I joke! I joke! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by xammy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
eluquenson: Have you gotten another job different from banking job?
Or you want to start a business of yours? If not there is fire on the mountain

first to quote the best advice grin
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ogashman(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Pls make arrangements for me to come and replace u sharpestly.....my shoe soles don go flat wher i dey look for wrk.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
Come let me teach u electrical work.......
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
NaLaugh:

Cleaner Tinz.

I joke! I joke! cheesy

Call centre

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
okparaugo:

Security unit abi cook ?

Call centre

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eyepencil: Are u a cleaner? angry

A call centre staff

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by tansho(m): 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
This dude just wan do shakara say him be banker. Trust me, you're not going to quit that job.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by vanstanzy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
mahmudsani: Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.
Before u quit ur job, do u have somewhere else or do u want to be on ur own? Ask urself these questions first before taking that step. A steady cashflow is far better than unemployment. If u plan on going into business, think it out well before moving into it. BEST OF LUCK!
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Creamish(f): 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
rationalmind: Bro, trust me the banking job is more interesting than unemployment

For real!!!

Banking can be monotonous and very very routine-ish...but it pays well. Keep ur azz in there if u dont have anything else to do. Do alot of research & market survey if you intend to go into biz so u know the pros & cons...dat way, u avoid unnecessary loss...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by slydog(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
MarvellousGod: it's well bro, I can imagine...but hope the renumeration isn't based on meeting some set targets?

I pray God gives you a better job

No its not, its just that type described by D'banj in one of his songs where he said 'bad belle pple no want make I drink water drop cup'
U get
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
If u are a marketer and not meeting up with ur target or atleaast 80% of your target,then I'll understand ur desire to quite b4 dy throw u out.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by duby91(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
I really don't know what's happening in your firm / bank. But my advice is just make sure you have something on ground or another job before you think of leaving. There are so many peeps outside there that have nothing and are even more qualified and would do anything just to have a job. i do work from monday to saturday here and its not been easy at all...my company has no regard for its staff or workers whatsoever, even as we do more risky things on the job. am not going to go into much details but what can one do looking at the present situation in the country. So think before u make any move.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by betatalk: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Don't throw away your old shoe until you have a new one. Meaning if you walk bare footed sun fit burn leg,nail fit enter leg and all sorts.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by adonismuller(m): 4:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
are you telling us so dat we can beg u?
If u wan quit,quit jor..
U go join us 4 applicant market..
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Eyepencil: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee:

A call centre staff
Which of the banks? angry
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
Eyepencil: Which of the banks? angry

i am not saying.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Johnnoo(m): 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2014

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by publicenemy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
mahmudsani: Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.

Life isnt about money but happiness and fufillment.if you have a passion for something else and you feel lost now and also feel the urge to take that path you should.
but you should thnk and know about the consequences and be willing to face whatever consequence of ur action.

If you go ahead and fail good,but if you dont follow ur dream you will never be happy and wll continue to blame urself and wonder what would have been.

So my advise for you is to give urself another 6six months,save aggressvely,plan meticulously and make sure everythng is in place.

And above all never never regret your actions.

Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Eyepencil: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
kennygee:

i am not saying.
Why? angry angry
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by frank043(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Quit and starve,remain and live! Choose one...
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus:

Ugo, How can you say you worked in a Bank for 5 years without leave?!

That in itself is a violation of Nigerian Labour laws and I know the Banks try as much as they can to comply and leave periods are built into every contract staff's contract. I know this cos I consult and draft outsourcing agreements for companies.

Why are you shouting ? E pain you pass me ?

I was a marketer...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by idee91: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
My aunt and her husband worked in banks for 3 years.To make sure d kids are looked after , the wife was d 1st to quit. So they collected a shop and started selling drinks (in cartons) in the market, with the little capital they had gathered. The husband quited his own bank job just last year to join her. You need to see hw big dis guys business have grown. ... a was amazed the last time I went there.. they are talking millions naw, not the 60k they get + stress+ boring routine every day.
What u need do is to draw up a business plan, and support it with prayer, or try get another job, if possible. But na business sure pass

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is ICAN As It Is Now Overrated / Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State / One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.