Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

When Räpe Is Her Fault? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Räpe Is Her Fault? (6679 Views)

See How 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air / Do You Say 'sorry' All The Time, Even When It's Not Your Fault? Is This Politene / Help: My Boyfriend Is Generous To A Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 7:42am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:
I don't watch the program. But it does sound like entrapment. How are we to know that those car thieves would have been car thieves if there were no cars to steal?
Grab a law book dude, there is nothing entrapning in the issue, fact is you saw a car belonging to someone else and you stole it. The same way the person would have done if the car belonged to an innocent citizen.

Yet in that same show, some people simply lock the car and hang on to the keys, some drive it to the police station, some to a parking lot and report and some just walk away.

Being a criminal or not being one is a choice, just like when the Bibles, I put to you life or death....
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Caracta:

No I don't. But like I said, I'm yet to see situations like that. I mean real-life situation from the victim herself. Where a girl (with all her senses intact) removed all her clothes and walked into the den of rapîsts.

I don't think it requires only removing all your clothes and walking into a den of known râpists. Still, you do think that there is something a girl can do and share blame for being räped?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 7:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
Even if a girl removed her clothes and walked into a group of men, how can she be have caused her rape? She committed public display of nudity, the men should not take law in their hands.

Right. And all men are saints abi? smiley
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

You clearly missed the point in that post. The question is whether it is out of order to consider the circumstances of a crime in passing a sentence not whether ignorance is an issue. Ignorance was named only as an example of an excuse, if you will.
Here is another instance...

I had a bag full of money, it was for payment for my contractors who will be coming to my house early in the morning bo I had to make a late withdrawal as I will travel on the morrow.

On my way through Aba, some "nice" gentle men say that a zipper was opened in the bag and saw the money then relieved me of my "load".

Start considering the circumstances
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2014
UjSizzle: Once upon a time, women used to walk around naked and that wasn't a bug deal. Then one day, an Ad campaign manager decides to sexualize these beautiful creatures just because they'll probably help sell more useless products. Next as the world evolved some more, some people thought it wise to have their brain degenerate back to the years when molesting women was a victory sports of sort, only this time it's really just to satisfy their lustful desires(because come on I don't see anybody fighting a war today undecided)

Now women can't afford to dress up without being looked at as an object.
They are told not to leave their drinks unattended to because some perv out there could spike it and have his way with her.
She's to be ever mindful of waking up the animal in every man she comes in contact with.
Don't wink. Don't smile. Don't touch. Don't breath. Anything could be deemed provocative. In fact, don't live.

You know what, I don't see prostitutes getting molested. What i do see is innocent bystanders hijacked and molested for the most stupid reasons; even people who are properly covered up in countries like India!
I don't know when we got to point where certain atrocities are deemed OK. Some stupid article i read even went to suggest râpe could be men's natural instinct to ensure survival of their gene pool at work(very much like chickens).

*sighs* Mynd and Caracta, you two need to stop making me see threads like this.

Feel free to demonstrate how this thread makes räpe ok in any way and under any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Right. And all men are saints abi? smiley
undecided
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
Grab a law book dude, there is nothing entrapning in the issue, fact is you saw a car belonging to someone else and you stole it. The same way the person would have done if the car belonged to an innocent citizen.

Yet in that same show, some people simply lock the car and hang on to the keys, some drive it to the police station, some to a parking lot and report and some just walk away.

Being a criminal or not being one is a choice, just like when the Bibles, I put to you life or death....
You could quote any law book you like. Nothing stopping you.

Indeed, you can make it open-shut. But let's not be intellectually lazy. Let's consider the merits of each action and each peculiar case and make certain that each one is good and right.

Atheists, for whom you have demonstrated some sympathy, have said that it is God's fault that Adam sinned in the Garden by allowing him to face temptation at all. If there is never a test, you can never truly tell the quality of a thing. That is self-evident. Those particular car thieves may or may never have stolen a car if someone did not in that particular moment decide to entice them with an unsecured one.

That does not mean that stealing a car will ever be OK.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by UjSizzle(f): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Feel free to demonstrate how this thread makes räpe ok in any way and under any circumstance.
Ok. Will the word 'excusable' do it for you?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 7:55am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
Here is another instance...

I had a bag full of money, it was for payment for my contractors who will be coming to my house early in the morning bo I had to make a late withdrawal as I will travel on the morrow.

On my way through Aba, some "nice" gentle men say that a zipper was opened in the bag and saw the money then relieved me of my "load".

Start considering the circumstances

Did you deliberately open the zipper?

2 Likes

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 7:56am On Jul 14, 2014
UjSizzle:
Ok. Will the word 'excusable' do it for you?

Not if they mean the same thing.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 7:59am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:
You could quote any law book you like. Nothing stopping you.

Indeed, you can make it open-shut. But let's not be intellectually lazy. Let's consider the merits of each action and each peculiar case and make certain that each one is good and right.

Atheists, for whom you have demonstrated some sympathy, have said that it is God's fault that Adam sinned in the Garden by allowing him to face temptation at all. If there is never a test, you can never truly tell the quality of a thing. That is self-evident. Those particular car thieves may or may never have stolen a car if someone did not in that particular moment decide to entice them with an unsecured one.

That does not mean that stealing a car will ever be OK.
Now you are being interlectualy lazy.....

God Gave Adam a choice. He could have chosen to obey God and not eat. He could have walked away and go enjoy the other fruits in the garden right? But he chose to sin so he was punished for it.

I guess you can also blame God in this case and say Adam was entrapped right?

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by UjSizzle(f): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44: Ujsizzle, I am sorry we bring you here but I just can't deny a good thread when I see one. Especially one that tells me I can jack my landlord's daughter and still blame her for it. Just divine
This back and forth is just tiring sha. You won't budge. Ihe won't budge. You two are as stubborn as mules. Why do you argue again? undecided
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 8:01am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

A zipper was opened. Delibrately or not. Does it excuse their robbing me?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
Now you are being interlectualy lazy.....

God Gave Adam a choice. He could have chosen to obey God and not eat. He could have walked away and go enjoy the other fruits in the garden right? But he chose to sin so he was punished for it.

I guess you can also blame God in this case and say Adam was entrapped right?

I agree with choice. Adam had a choice. The car thief has a choice, entrapment or no. The räpist had a choice. So does the victim of räpe, don't you agree?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by UjSizzle(f): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Does this mean we're back to intent? cheesy
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by TheBigUrban2: 8:02am On Jul 14, 2014
lol.

The op of this thread is wrong.

this victim blaming mentality is dangerous.

Women being called "sluts" because they get molested.

"you were molested because of your dressing..you enticed the man"

Nonsense
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by femidejulius(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44: Bleep being a moderator or supermoderator, you are SICK!!

Interesting!
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 8:04am On Jul 14, 2014
UjSizzle:
This back and forth is just tiring sha. You won't budge. Ihe won't budge. You two are as stubborn as mules. Why do you argue again? undecided
I would have left him to his rantings if he was doing it in private and not a site where kids also visit.

I wouldn't want my niece mollested cos some nutcase saw a thread on NL open by another nutcase
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:04am On Jul 14, 2014
UjSizzle:

Don't know if I'm supposed to smile appreciatively or go hide my head somewhere and think about my life.

For me, this is not a contest of wills. I'll exhaust my arguments and when I know that I don't have any more answers, I'll eat humble pie.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 8:05am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I agree with choice. Adam had a choice. The car thief has a choice, entrapment or no. The räpist had a choice. So does the victim of räpe, don't you agree?
God also had a choice. Not to put the tree there in the first place
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
A zipper was opened. Delibrately or not. Does it excuse their robbing me?

Again, I don't know if you mean "excuse" as in render them completely inculpable or "excuse" as in alleviate their blame for their crime.

Robbing you won't be right even if you sewed a suit out of the cash and wore it into their house. The only adjustments here are whether you share blame for your predicament or not. Would you be.wrong to be careless with your own treasures in an unsafe place?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2014
UjSizzle:
Does this mean we're back to intent? cheesy

Perhaps. Although, like he said and I agree, it is not so much whether it was deliberate as that he was passing through Aba
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2: lol.

The op of this thread is wrong.

this victim blaming mentality is dangerous.

Women being called "sluts" because they get molested.

"you were molested because of your dressing..you enticed the man"

Nonsense
Just attach some reasons to the above and you are good to go.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
I would have left him to his rantings if he was doing it in private and not a site where kids also visit.

I wouldn't want my niece mollested cos some nutcase saw a thread on NL open by another nutcase

I admire that.

Personally, I think that the worst opinions hide in the dark.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Again, I don't know if you mean "excuse" as in render them completely inculpable or "excuse" as in alleviate their blame for their crime.

Robbing you won't be right even if you sewed a suit out of the cash and wore it into their house. The only adjustments here are whether you share blame for your predicament or not. Would you be.wrong to be careless with your own treasures in an unsafe place?
Back to the issues of an unsecure car.

A girl was mollested cos she wore something a whole lot of guys saw and took away their eyes. Some even saw the girl as ugly and there is this nutcase who saw her and got turned on and he violated her.

Pray tell, how is it her fault?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by UjSizzle(f): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:

Be nice
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
God also had a choice. Not to put the tree there in the first place

Indeed. But being the only truly arbitrary Authority in existence, He had the right to put anything anywhere He pleased and have no one make Him the excuse for their failure. Does anybody else share that right?
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:17am On Jul 14, 2014
Mynd44:
Back to the issues of an unsecure car.

A girl was mollested cos she wore something a whole lot of guys saw and took away their eyes. Some even saw the girl as ugly and there is this nutcase who saw her and got turned on and he violated her.

Pray tell, how is it her fault?

I think the question the thread asked which drew you is how it is not her fault.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by vickyO(f): 8:18am On Jul 14, 2014
No way, Ihe. Come on. How would you blame a victim for a crime as gruesome as rape?

When did self control become a thing of the past? You're a Christian, Jesus really won't be pleased with this.

Why? Cause he said mere looking at a woman lustfully qualifies you for an eternity in hell as it is akin to fornication.

I wonder what he'd say about rape.
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by Mynd44: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2014
UjSizzle:
Be nice
Actually, this is me being nice grin
Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by ihedinobi2: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2014
vickyO: No way, Ihe. Come on. How would you blame a victim for a crime as gruesome as rape?

When did self control become a thing of the past? You're a Christian, Jesus really won't be pleased with this.

Why? Cause he said mere looking at a woman lustfully qualifies you for an eternity in hell as it is akin to fornication.

I wonder what he'd say about rape.

Sis, there is one thing that is easy to mix up here. It is that the victim's culpability lessens the perpetrator's responsibility somehow. And I admit that it can be hard to maintain a separation of the two (my comments thus far will evince my own difficulty in doing so).

But this is true: the fact that a person does something that makes it more likely that someone else should harm them in some way will never take away or even reduce the fact that the "someone else" has a responsibility not to harm them no matter what the provocation.

This thread is actually not driving at lessening the filthiness and wickedness of räpe. It is aimed at sensitizing potential victims to their God-given responsibility to maintain their security. A woman who is careless about her allure will not stand blameless before God for the sin of the râpe which she suffers. And if she does not suffer räpe, every man who was tempted will be her responsibility before God. Do you consider this unjust?

I will anticipate the claim that a woman can never by her dressing prevent a räpist. If a woman is in the privacy of her home even nakêd with no exposure to the outside world were to be râped, she cannot be blamed at all within that context. If her own conscience blames her, she needs to reassess her understanding of moral imperatives. There are räpists indeed whether there is temptation or no, but a woman need not give them any kind of excuse. And there are excuses to give, that is the point of this thread.

1 Like

Re: When Räpe Is Her Fault? by vickyO(f): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Sis, there is one thing that is easy to mix up here. It is that the victim's culpability lessens the perpetrator's responsibility somehow. And I admit that it can be hard to maintain a separation of the two (my comments thus far will evince my own difficulty in doing so).

But this is true: the fact that a person does something that makes it more likely that someone else should harm them in some way will never take away or even reduce the fact that the "someone else" has a responsibility not to harm them no matter what the provocation.

This thread is actually not driving at lessening the filthiness and wickedness of räpe. It is aimed at sensitizing potential victims to their God-given responsibility to maintain their security. A woman who is careless about her allure will not stand blameless before God for the sin of the râpe which she suffers. And if she does not suffer räpe, every man who was tempted will be her responsibility before God. Do you consider this unjust?

I will anticipate the claim that a woman can never by her dressing prevent a räpist. If a woman is in the privacy of her home even nakêd with no exposure to the outside world were to be râped, she cannot be blamed at all within that context. If her own conscience blames her, she needs to reassess her understanding of moral imperatives. There are räpists indeed whether there is temptation or no, but a woman need not give them any kind of excuse. And there are excuses to give, that is the point of this thread.

I really don't understand the last paragraph.

The Bible never said blame should be apportioned to the tempter, but to the tempted, that is, if he failed to resist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Classic Pictures Of The Ever Changing Face Of Akwa Ibom State. / Powerful Secret Of Early Morning Urine (reloaded) / You Need To Watch This!!! (A 6 Year Old Girl Gives 5yr Old Boy Lap Dance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.