Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:12 AM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67701 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ambrosini593(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you

135 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by fingard02k(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
NO oya go collect the award from him and give it to mikel

Nonsense people always hating on another man's success

163 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by tobechi20(m): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Messi didnt score in knockout stage of worldcup
only scoring in groupstage against small teams like nigeria,iran , and bosnia
Chai,messi,

52 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ibejohnson: 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Muller is the best

45 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by diarisgod(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
No... Emenike and Musa deserve it better. undecided

When will you all stop to beef this my friend Messi?! Hain!!!

Another World Best Player Award awaits you Messi! See you in Aires on Wednesday!

50 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by yoji: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
ambrosini593: To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you
Let's look at it this way, Germany won the world cup withoutt their best player i.e reus meaning without muller it would have made no difference. But without messi, Argentina will definitely not come near the final sef. So year he does.

92 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by publicenemy(m): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
FIFA is a Joke.

48 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by diarisgod(m): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
yoji:
Let's look at it this way, Germany won the world cup withoutt their best player i.e reus meaning without muller it would have made no difference. But without messi, Argentina will definitely not come near the final sef. So year he does.
Exactly amingo, we could have even been dumped out in the Group Stage had it been Messi was not in our squad. Not even with the low plays from Gonzalo and Sergio...

8 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by morhsuud22(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Muller more goals more assists

26 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by mukina2: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry

121 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by DebateNigeria: 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
He doesn't. In my opinion he's not even in the tournament's top five with the likes of Muller (5 goals), James(6 goals), Klose (setting a new World Cup record and winning the cup), Arjen Robben and Gotze for his very last World Cup and most important goal in this World Cup.
I can go on and on.
Who deserves this award, to me it's James Rodriguess or MUller.

65 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by fredoooooo: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
mukina2: Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry

carry ya case go heaven grin grin grin

oluwamessi forever

41 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by bercarray(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
okada!!! Abeg maracana stadium,i wan go collect d golden ball 4rm messi,i go com giv OP.

32 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ebullientV(m): 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
T. Mueller had 5goals and 3assists couple with the fact he played very well 4 Germany in all games.

L.Messi in comparison had 4goals and an assist and didn't really sparkle after d group stage, where he'd racked goals against weaker opponents..

And he won d Golden ball? Absolute joke and bias by Fifa. In my opinion James.R, A.Robben and Mueller, even Kroos deserved it more than Messi..

The ridiculous look on his face after recieving d award, indicates he was as suprised as most of us..

64 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by mukina2: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
fredoooooo:

carry ya case go heaven grin grin grin

oluwamessi forever
cheats know themselves . .Mafia angry grin

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by fredoooooo: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
mukina2:
cheats know themselves . .Mafia angry grin

Oluwamessi!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by naijalodge(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
To me its Arjen Robben,shikena...messi scored against weak teams,Nigeria,iran and bosnia...against Holand,he was no where to be found,Arjen robben ruled the whole 120 minutes or so....

26 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Messi haters undecided
if not for Messi argentina would have been gone since group stage, he tried

and before people shout FIFA, the same fifa extended voting to favor cr7, so fifa is no messi lover cool
i should ask
[size=15pt]
DID ronaldo deserve Golden clipper? [/size]

31 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by saasala(m): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
YESSS, Over and over and over again. Meanwhile check here for all the photos from the final + Rihana's celebration after the final wistle. Check here: http://www..com/photos-from-the-2014-world-cup-final/

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
JAMES RODRIGUEZ SHOULD HAVE WON IT

JUST SAYING

31 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by barackodam: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Who cares??.??.?

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Faun(m): 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes he deserved it!

6 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ijbeauty(f): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
No!!!!!!!!! Should have been Robben,

Even Messi knows that he didn't deserve it, cos his face said it all when he was given that Golden ball...

Ojoro FIFA!!

32 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by nijanigga: 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
ambrosini593: To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you
Yes cos without messi argentina would not reach knock out stage

6 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by sulmeza(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
A.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by lilbazy(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
I think mikel or yobo deserves it

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by oathman(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
i think james rodriges deserve it more

5 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
those of u who are lamenting, lemme clear d air 4 ya. Golden ball is 4 best player of d tornament golden boot is 4 highest goal scorer. Messi was d driving force of argentina, whom still led them to d final, yes I know he didn't score any goals in d tornament. Robben played well but was a cheat all along, best diver lol. James rodriguez played his last worldcup game @ the quarter finals n he scored 6 goals which is d highest so he got his golden boot what else? Shurrle was always a subtitute, most of his goals were not vital, but his last asssist was n dat isn't enough. 4 me messi deserved it. smiley #my opinion smiley

45 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
the dude was still mean mugging even after getting the golden ball

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by 9jvirgin(m): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sepp Blatter can go ahead and give Messi's father the Diamond Ball, we know better grin.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Arrives Kaduna Stadium In Beads For NGR Vs EGY M / Hilarious Lionel Messi Pictures After Barcelona's 4:0 Loss To Liverpool / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.