Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,482 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67777 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:22am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: i made a comment about james rodriguez and you responded with the above quote, and you speak of incoherency? if mine is incoherency yours has to be hypocrisy!
How is this a statement about James Rodriguez?

*****-
without suarez uruguay was a crap team, same uruguay that lost 3-1 to costa rica? scored a penalty? my guy he choked

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:22am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: without suarez uruguay was a crap team, same uruguay that lost 3-1 to costa rica? scored a penalty? my guy he choked!
How is this a statement about James Rodriguez. Read now.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:25am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: In the Chelsea boss' opinion, 'La Pulga's' work on the pitch was fundamental because he was doing a job he wasn't used to doing at Barcelona.

"He sacrificed himself for the good of the team. He was more focused on winning the tournament than being its best player. I saw him playing in areas of the pitch where he doesn't usually play. He dropped deep and picked up the ball a long way from the opposition's goal", he said on his Yahoo programme.

"Messi has my utmost respect for what he did at the World Cup", the Portuguese added.

"Playing football for your country is different to playing for your club. If he'd wanted to show just how good he is he'd have played tucked in behind Higuaín, waiting for that moment to change the game", he said.

Read more: Mourinho leaps to Messi's defence - MARCA.com (English version)DIGEST THIS
Lionel Messi is undoubtedly La Albiceleste’s star man. On the basis of player names printed on the back of replica shirts, you’d be forgiven for thinking the number 10 is Argentina’s only player. But it is Mascherano, not Messi that reflects the true identity of this side
http://sport.stv.tv/fifa-world-cup/282482-javier-mascherano-not-lionel-messi-best-reflects-argentinas-identity/
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 1:30am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: How is this a statement about James Rodriguez?
*****-
without suarez uruguay was a crap team, same uruguay that lost 3-1 to costa rica? scored a penalty? my guy he choked
ddippset: if james rodriguez was lionel messi, he would have 3 players on him every match. in his first real test against brazil, lol, he choked. if james was messi in a colombia jersey, colombia would have the bus parked on them 2-4-7.

Lol So Uruguay was not a real test? In the Match against Brazil, the whole stadium gave him a standing ovation. Every Brazilian player congratulated him.

And guess what, he scored. So how did he choke again?

SEE THE STATEMENT I MADE, AND SEE YOUR RESPONSE! I SPOKE ABOUT JAMES, YOU STARTED TALKING ABOUT STANDING OVATION. YOU MUST BE SLEEPY.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by khiaa(f): 1:34am On Jul 15, 2014
KingTom:
On point my guy! grin grin

How have you been luv?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:34am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: ddippset: if james rodriguez was lionel messi, he would have 3 players on him every match. in his first real test against brazil, lol, he choked. if james was messi in a colombia jersey, colombia would have the bus parked on them 2-4-7.

Lol So Uruguay was not a real test? In the Match against Brazil, the whole stadium gave him a standing ovation. Every Brazilian player congratulated him.

And guess what, he scored. So how did he choke again?

SEE THE STATEMENT I MADE, AND SEE YOUR RESPONSE! I SPOKE ABOUT JAMES, YOU STARTED TALKING ABOUT STANDING OVATION. YOU MUST BE SLEEPY.
In the comment you said I made, what was the quoted statement in the comment?

Were you not talking about Uruguay and Costa Rica?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 1:39am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Lionel Messi is undoubtedly La Albiceleste’s star man. On the basis of player names printed on the back of replica shirts, you’d be forgiven for thinking the number 10 is Argentina’s only player. But it is Mascherano, not Messi that reflects the true identity of this side
http://sport.stv.tv/fifa-world-cup/282482-javier-mascherano-not-lionel-messi-best-reflects-argentinas-identity/
it's a very big shame that all these so called pundits only started to talk about mascherano only after he made that tackle on robben, and it's an opportunity for every dvmb fvck to get a piece of messi. read for your self, the unknown author whom no one has ever heard about started off by talking about the robben tackle. game 1,2,3,4,5.................ending stages of game number 6. and now mascherano is a perfect alibi to criticise messi's golden ball award. this is no different to saying that vlarr or sneijder was the real star of holland, or cuadrado was the real star of colombia or kroos was the real star of germany. how do you like that? guy debate with me, stop bringing these nonsense articles from these european svckers.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:39am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: without suarez uruguay was a crap team, same uruguay that lost 3-1 to costa rica? scored a penalty? my guy he choked!
Okay, I missed your context. You said Uruguay were not a real test for James Rodriguez. I get your point now. Sorry, you were coherent. Back to the topic. Uruguay made it into the second round ahead of Italy and England.

You say a team that finished ahead of Italy and England were not a real test?

Mess I found it difficult against Switzerland.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 1:40am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: In the comment you said I made, what was the quoted statement in the comment?

Were you not talking about Uruguay and Costa Rica?
guy my speech might be incoherent, but your brain is getting incoherent, do something about it. are you trying to wriggle out of this one?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:41am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: it's a very big shame that all these so called pundits only started to talk about mascherano only after he made that tackle on robben, and it's an opportunity for every dvmb fvck to get a piece of messi. read for your self, the unknown author whom no one has ever heard about started off by talking about the robben tackle. game 1,2,3,4,5.................ending stages of game number 6. and now mascherano is a perfect alibi to criticise messi's golden ball award. this is no different to saying that vlarr or sneijder was the real star of holland, or cuadrado was the real star of colombia or kroos was the real star of germany. how do you like that? guy debate with me, stop bringing these nonsense articles from these european svckers.
That is your thought but it was not true. One of Mascherano's best games was the game against Belgium. He had amazing tackles and raked up over 98% pass completion. He was the pass master of that match.

Mascherano was outstanding the whole tournament.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:42am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: guy my speech might be incoherent, but your brain is getting incoherent, do something about it. are you trying to wriggle out of this one?
When someone starts abusing, you know he needs abuses to give his points value.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 1:45am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: That is your thought but it was not true. One of Mascherano's best games was the game against Belgium. He had amazing tackles and raked up over 98% pass completion. He was the pass master of that match.
Mascherano was outstanding the whole tournament.
thegoodjoehunt: Okay, I missed your context. You said Uruguay were not a real test for James Rodriguez. I get your point now. Sorry, you were coherent. Back to the topic. Uruguay made it into the second round ahead of Italy and England.

You say a team that finished ahead of Italy and England were not a real test?

Mess I found it difficult against Switzerland.
if you want to start dogging messi based on the tackles mascherano won, then i will have it no other way cuardrado was the real star of colombia not james, sneijder was the real star of holland not robben, schweinsteiger was the real star of germany not muller, luiz was the real star of brazil not neymar.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 1:46am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: When someone starts abusing, you know he needs abuses to give his points value.
iam not abusing. if you see it as an abuse then sorry. but i did not find it abusive when you used the word. anyway sorry, but carry on, keep it coming.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:46am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: so because some one is the 'pass master', he automatically becomes the best player? we are talking about the best player and you are telling me about pass master! do they sound as synonyms to you? messi's stats are there before your very eyes and you are still arguing?
Yes, being a ball winner and a pass master makes the team thick. Why do you think Barcelona decline is going the same route as Xavi.

Why do you think Bayern Munich lost form as soon as Thiago Alcantara injured?

Why do you think Alex Ferguson had to bring Scholes out of retirement. These guys made the skin thick and at this World Cup, Mascherano was as good as it can get.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 1:49am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Yes, being a ball winner and a pass master makes the team thick. Why do you think Barcelona decline is going the same route as Xavi.

Why do you think Bayern Munich lost form as soon as Thiago Alcantara injured?

Why do you think Alex Ferguson had to bring Scholes out of retirement. These guys made the skin thick and at this World Cup, Mascherano was as good as it can get.
speaking of xavi, so because he is the pass master he is better than messi? the same messi who is the greatest player anywhere in the world since 2009? now i know we would never communicate, we would never agree!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:51am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: if you want to start dogging messi based on the tackles mascherano won, then i will have it no other way cuardrado was the real star of colombia not james, sneijder was the real star of holland not robben, schweinsteiger was the real star of germany not muller, luiz was the real star of brazil not neymar.
I would not start arguing that because no doubt, Cuadrado made the Columbian team thick and created a platform for James Rodriguez to shine.

But, look at James Rodriguez' 6 goals and 2 assists in Five games. That was phenomenal. Look at his wonder strike against Uruguay. By the way, Mascherano was the best tackler of the World Cup, Cuadrado or Carlos Sanchez were not among the top tacklers of the World Cup.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:53am On Jul 15, 2014
ddippset: speaking of xavi, so because he is the pass master he is better than messi? the same messi who is the greatest player anywhere in the world since 2009? now i know we would never communicate, we would never agree!
Xavi was the pillar of the team but Messi operated at a level, no one in football operated on.

He scored goals no one ever thought possible. Gary Lineker said the kind of goals that landmarked their careers (the greatest players of the game), Messi scored those kind of goals every night he plays.

Messi did not operate on that level and it took the brilliance of Mascherano to carry the team.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 2:24am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Xavi was the pillar of the team but Messi operated at a level, no one in football operated on.

He scored goals no one ever thought possible. Gary Lineker said the kind of goals that landmarked their careers (the greatest players of the game), Messi scored those kind of goals every night he plays.

Messi did not operate on that level and it took the brilliance of Mascherano to carry the team.
masherano did not carry any team, messi did. against a lowly team like iran, was the iran attack supposed to trouble the argentine defence in anyway? never! the argentine attack only failed to score and messi rescued them! against bosnia player for player was the bosnian attack supposed to trouble a team like argentina's defence? hello no! only the attack failed to score and messi rescued them! against nigeria we all saw what happened against a nigerian team that refused to park the bus, the argentine defence started leaking goals, it took messi to score and rescue them. bosnia and iran parked the bus so they hardly troubled the argentine defence. switzerland parked the airplane so they never troubled the argentine defense. at the other end only a messi magic could unlock the swiss defence! and then what do i get? someone coming to tell me that mashcerano carried the team. travesty!
thegoodjoehunt: I would not start arguing that because no doubt, Cuadrado made the Columbian team thick and created a platform for James Rodriguez to shine.
But, look at James Rodriguez' 6 goals and 2 assists in Five games. That was phenomenal. Look at his wonder strike against Uruguay. By the way, Mascherano was the best tackler of the World Cup, Cuadrado or Carlos Sanchez were not among the top tacklers of the World Cup.
look at messi's strike against iran. i will not tolerate your hypocrisy. if masherano carried argentina, then cuardrado carried colombia and sneijder carried holland and schwein carried germany. period!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by KingTom(m): 2:27am On Jul 15, 2014
khiaa:

How have you been luv?
Very fine dear grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by khiaa(f): 2:41am On Jul 15, 2014
KingTom:
Very fine dear grin

I miss you.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:05am On Jul 15, 2014
kingfisher, new delhi, India, 9 hours ago
Top Scorer:- No; Top Assist:- No; Won World Cup:- No; Goal in Final:- No; Goal in Knock out stage:- No; Goal against big teams:- No; Controlled the game like Zidane did in 2006:- No; Scored when team required like Forlan did in 2010:- No; Carried the team to the Final:- No; Performance in Final Match:- Flop; Performance in Semi Final match:- Flop; Performance in Quarterfinal Match:- Flop; And Golden ball winner....Messi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2691613/Lionel-Messi-didnt-deserve-win-Golden-Ball-FIFA-marketing-plan-Diego-Maradona-doesnt-hold-Argentinas-World-Cup-final-defeat.html
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kolo65(m): 3:12am On Jul 15, 2014
ambrosini593: To me a hell no. Thomas Mueller deserves it than Messi. What about you?. Let's hear from you
becus of the small game make mueller play.....abeg go sit down...messi deserve die
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kolo65(m): 3:17am On Jul 15, 2014
mukina2: Everyone knows that messi is a good player, we accept, but why should FIFA/Sepp Blatter continue this Messi bias?
Mascherano was Argentina's best player by miles.

robbery at its finest angry
u nor guy eye??who dash macherano...in alll d games not less than 3 players where attacking messi...at the final he defeated four good players penetrating d 18 box and hadind a chance at goal.....
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Sholexyz(m): 3:38am On Jul 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Xavi was the pillar of the team but Messi operated at a level, no one in football operated on.

Pls stop arguing wit dat guy can't u see his post is irrelevant to d topic jst shows u he knows noting abt football...jst imagine him saying whr was forlan against ghana,guess he didn't watch d match cos forlan score uruguay only goal in dat match from a free kick..forlan was d joint highest goal scorer wit muller..

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by benebaby77: 5:39am On Jul 15, 2014
Top scorer -No.
Top Assist-No
Win world cup-No
Goal in final-No
Goal in knock out stage-No
Goal against big team-No
Performance in quarter final-flop
Performance in semifinal-flop
Performance in final-flop
And Golden Ball winner-Messi.
Fifa! fifa! Fifa!!! Dia is God ooooo

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jydolism: 6:09am On Jul 15, 2014
fredoooooo:

carry ya case go heaven grin grin grin

oluwamessi forever
I don't know when you people will stop been sentimental, messi is a great player and no one is disputing that fact. But the question is 'did he deserve the world cup golden ball

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 6:36am On Jul 15, 2014
there win not only be weeping and gnashing of teeth on the last day. there shall also be weeping and gnashing of teeth whenever messi wins an award! he has touched down in argentina with his silver medal and golden ball to a heroic welcome from thousands of people. in the last one month he has widened the gap as the greatest footballer of this generation. if you dont like it, go and die.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by dramaticspeak(m): 6:37am On Jul 15, 2014
We don't all know the things Fifa looks out for before appointing somw1 as the best player
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by disloman(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2014
chaberry: I didn't type scored, i typed concede
Yes nao abi na rice dem dey concede ni?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jydolism: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2014
kendrick93: james was d closest bt he didnt reach d finals so yes messi deserves.he had d highest dribbles ever in a world cup and also d highest chance creation
So where will Arjen Robben stand? 3rd
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Ephemmm: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2014
publicenemy:

Hahahaha...what a funny joke...the mportance of mess"s goals indeed.messi scored 4 goals n the group stages and one assist in the first round and got missen n the quater finals,semi finals and the finals...the 3 most important stages in the tournament and you talk about importance of his goals and funniest is people talking about messi taking argentina to the final and wonder how.
Its a pity FIFA is dragging its rep through the mud this way and losing its credibilty aand pedigree because of messi.It use to be robbing CR7 to pay messi and everybody gave FIFA the benefit of the doubt but this is just obvious and echoes the fact that CR7 has been robbed over the years.

You people should stop manufacturng flimsy excuses to justify this aberation.

Guy, if FIFA robs a wolrd best without a single record in Word Cup by giving the award to Messi, then U are free to fly to Portugal to give him the award. So, don't kill yourself because of Messi oooooo: Mercy will always speak for Messi, remember.....
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by publicenemy(m): 7:45am On Jul 15, 2014
Ephemmm:

Guy, if FIFA robs a wolrd best without a single record in Word Cup by giving the award to Messi, then U are free to fly to Portugal to give him the award. So, don't kill yourself because of Messi oooooo: Mercy will always speak for Messi, remember.....

What are you saying? Did you see anywhere in my post where i said the world best was robbed in the world cup? Or are you as blind as you are dumb?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.