Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67771 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Tval(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2014
Ronaldo deserved it undecided

Make all these haters go jump inside nearest sea jor.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by vislabraye(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2014
flyingdutchman: Against Nigeria, who SINGLE-HANDEDLY make his team win? Against Iran? However, I feel Arjen Robben deserves the Golden Ball. FIFA only compensated Messi for all the burden and pressure heaped on him to emulate Maradona. FIFA realizes that "a tree does not make a forest"...not even a Magical tree like Messi...Roanldo will probably be reeling with laughter now.
. I can imagine Ronaldo laughing. FIFA has a poor sense of judgment.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by melchuksky(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go collect the award from him and give it to mikel

Nonsense people always hating on another man's success
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kobonaire(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2014
I think MUSA should have received the golden ball - he scored 2 goals against the mighty Argentinian defense
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2014
How is cr7 celebrating his haircut d or grin

mamagee3: I was angry and then I read that Adidas were the sponsors. . .

Messi is their star player, he's the one who sells for them. . .I don't think they would have given it to someone else. This award is so biased .

That's like Nike sponsoring or giving out the golden ball, of course they will award it to ronaldo.grin

But we as neutrals know Muller should have won it

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by richybanky(m): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2014
9jvirgin: Sepp Blatter can go ahead and give Messi's father the Diamond Ball, we know better grin.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by chukkystar(m): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2014
He didn't deserve it.. Even commentator said mayb he was given for past glory.. Best Player in dis Tournament was James Rodriguez. Shame he went out in the Quaterfinals

6 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi tuk argentina 2 final, robben tuk netherland 2 semis, James tuk colombia 2 quarter finals. D only player that beats messi on this is muller but haba people can b selfish sha... Muller don carry cup, Make messi take consolation nau. The argentina team gat no stars like germany as messi really assisted them 2 b finals. Abeg messi deserve am.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by bercarray(m): 12:05am On Jul 14, 2014
blueflames23:

Abeg, guy shift go front small............the bike dey carry two na!
u wan do ur naija stuff go brazil again
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Rossonero: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi deserves it and no one else. This category of award goes the marketable footballer present in a world cup final match and not to the best performance in the overall tournament. An example is 2006 WC final. Zindane was not the best in that tournament but he won it. So basically, its more or less an honorary award to the best "seller" of the footballer brand on that pitch

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Extends Ballon D'or Voting for Cr7-Nobody makes a fuss

Wins a very deserved Golden Ball-The whole world goes Berserk

If all the people you say deserve the Golden Ball...Why didn't they play the final

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by vislabraye(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2014
jomoh: guy they were not looking for a leader. They were looking for the player with the most outstanding contribution to his teams success.
. And you think Mascherano's contribution wasn't outstanding ? I would rate De Maria and Mascherano above Messi.

6 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kpolli(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2014
No
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by kobonaire(m): 12:07am On Jul 14, 2014
shymexx: .....

Thank you Brazil for a great world cup. Great footballing nation and great people!
200% on point Monsieur Shymexx. The media and people are focusing too much on Brazil's failure in the competition but I think looking at the big picture, Brazil where the perfect hosts, conducted and organized the competition very well and deserve our gratitude and praise.

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Dotng: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2014
fredoooooo:

carry ya case go heaven grin grin grin

oluwamessi forever
grin grin grin You sure are a crazy fellow grin grin grin well said cheesy
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by laplace19(m): 12:08am On Jul 14, 2014
With this vex I dey vex now,Op if I curse you e go work oo

Better go find better argument, blind barthimaeus sad.... na your village king dey suppose give am before ,bad bellesad
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2014
vislabraye: . What is hating there ? Can someone air his views ? Roben deserves it cos he was outstanding. Or it could have gone to a German player but not Messi.

I'm on a website now checking all those who have won it in the past. And it seems only Schillaci and Diego Forlan have won it without playing in the final at Italia 90 and South Africa 2010 respectively. But they made the semis(that should disqualify Rodriguez). And I believe most football heads should know why. They both had outstanding tournaments and were by far the best players at those tournaments. Robben wasn't the best player at this tournament.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 14, 2014
kobonaire: 200% on point Monsieur Shymexx. The media and people are focusing too much on Brazil's failure in the competition but I think looking at the big picture, Brazil where the perfect hosts, conducted and organized the competition very well and deserve our gratitude and praise.

Yes, they brought the spirit back. Football might have started in the UK - but it lives in Brazil!

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Dotman01(m): 12:10am On Jul 14, 2014
Though I love watching him play but Messi doesnt deserve that award. Guess they av problem spelling Robben's name.

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 14, 2014
MrRenaissance: I think NOT. Messi was outplayed by Robben. This is broad daylight robbery. I've learnt that FIFA is the worst Hypocrites and Rascist ever. I don't even need to mention names, the case of Onazi vs Matuidi and Neymar Vs Zuniga, readily comes to mind.

And the most important, FIFA is the most Corrupt Organization in the world.

How the fùck did Messi merit the Golden Ball ahead of Robben? No wonder Maradona and any sane individual hates FIFA. Bunch of biased fucktards.

Watch them crown Messi world best like they did in 2010 even when Millito, Sneijder and Iniesta were better choices. FIFA is a fraud!!

if e dey pain u, go take am frm messi hand.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2014
yoji:
Let's look at it this way, Germany won the world cup withoutt their best player i.e reus meaning without muller it would have made no difference. But without messi, Argentina will definitely not come near the final sef. So year he does.
u av a point bt i stil believe d award shld av gone 2 a player lyk muller. This is an individual award and no one rili cares if u av a good team or not . Even in dat Argentine team, u cnt underestimate the cohesion, doggedness & resilience Mascherano brings 2 dat defensive midfield, bt because he is nt a forward, no one is rili talkin abt dat. So Messi didnt rili do it alone afterall. I will go wit Muller in dz WC.

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by vislabraye(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2014
mamagee3: I was angry and then I read that Adidas were the sponsors. . .

Messi is their star player, he's the one who sells for them. . .I don't think they would have given it to someone else. This award is so biased .

That's like Nike sponsoring or giving out the golden ball, of course they will award it to ronaldo.grin

But we as neutrals know Muller should have won it
. But Schweinstiger endorses Adidas.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 14, 2014
naijalodge: To me its Arjen Robben,shikena...messi scored against weak teams,Nigeria,iran and bosnia...against Holand,he was no where to be found,Arjen robben ruled the whole 120 minutes or so....
Is your name lienus? Chai u can lie to d extent that you know that u are lying.. Dont hate the best

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by otodeluxe(m): 12:14am On Jul 14, 2014
Its just for consolation. Maybe its the fake one. They've have tried now, or haven't they?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 14, 2014
Rossonero: Messi deserves it and no one else. This category of award goes the marketable footballer present in a world cup final match and not to the best performance in the overall tournament. An example is 2006 WC final. Zindane was not the best in that tournament but he won it. So basically, its more or less an honorary award to the best "seller" of the footballer brand on that pitch

1000likes. Pls tell them
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by iceberylin(m): 12:15am On Jul 14, 2014
not my BizzZZ

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Ghost01(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2014
Hell no!

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 14, 2014
angry

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2014
james rodriguez didnt go far enough to win the golden ball, he should manage the golden boot. robben was very good, great dribbling skills and great diving skills, but he didnt play in the final. muller scored a lot of goals including a hattrick against 10 man portugal and he had at least 6 other players in his squad as good as he. but messi was an impact player, decisive against iran, bosnia, iran, belgium, holland. without him argentina would have crashed out like last year but they played in the world cup final after 24 years. messi deserves his golden ball. mods- WHY IS THIS EVEN A TOPIC?

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by mamagee3(f): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2014
vislabraye: . But Schweinstiger endorses Adidas.
But Messi is their star man. . .Nobody buys an Adidas apparell because of Schweinsteiger that is he's not as marketable as Messi so why not give it to someone that will get them more millions just to console him?grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Adegokenath(m): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Jay Jay Okocha’s Son With AY And Nwankwo In Turkey / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.