Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,159 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? (67760 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Did Messi Deserve The Golden Ball Award? / FIFA Releases World Cup Golden Ball Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by donphilopus: 12:29am On Jul 14, 2014
naijalodge: To me its Arjen Robben,shikena...messi scored against weak teams,Nigeria,iran and bosnia...against Holand,he was no where to be found,Arjen robben ruled the whole 120 minutes or so....

Are you sure you watched the game at all?! Arjen Robben ruled the game?! Messi was nowhere to be found?! Hmmm, ah dey wonder for you o!
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ayorins(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2014
bykebyke:
People saying Muller deserves it do not know that Germany played dependant on one another...whereas Argentina simply heaped pressure on Messi!!

so na because pressure dey ontop him.... e con deserve d award

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Diction10nairal: 12:30am On Jul 14, 2014
DebateNigeria: He doesn't. In my opinion he's not even in the tournament's top five with the likes of Muller (5 goals), James(6 goals), Klose (setting a new World Cup record and winning the cup), Arjen Robben and Gotze for his very last World Cup and most important goal in this World Cup.
I can go on and on.
Who deserves this award, to me it's James Rodriguess or MUller.
You are a real joke.
Klose beta dan messi
#pfftt

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by nijanigga: 12:31am On Jul 14, 2014
Glad wenger didnt waste money on higuain.just an average striker.barca will have a change of mind of buying him.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by hyuga(m): 12:32am On Jul 14, 2014
murimoney: those of u who are lamenting, lemme clear d air 4 ya. Golden ball is 4 best player of d tornament golden boot is 4 highest goal scorer. Messi was d driving force of argentina, whom still led them to d final, yes I know he didn't score any goals in d tornament. Robben played well but was a cheat all along, best diver lol. James rodriguez played his last worldcup game @ the quarter finals n he scored 6 goals which is d highest so he got his golden boot what else? Shurrle was always a subtitute, most of his goals were not vital, but his last asssist was n dat isn't enough. 4 me messi deserved it. smiley #my opinion smiley
Wait o... How messi carry argentina enter final? He was nowhere to be found after d grp stage .. Macherano is d best d team has so stop that messi carry sh!t . And I say james,robben or muller deserves it more

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Messi captained his team to the finals of the World Cup. Before now nobody gave Argentina the chance to even pass the quarter final stage. We saw what happened to Brazil after Neymar was ruled out due to the injury he suffered. The same fate might have met Argentina if he wasn't there. Those saying FIFA is licking the guy's ass: Is it not the same FIFA that extended voting last year for CR7 to win the Ballon D'or award? Even when it was obvious that Messi performed better. But I must confess: the negative criticisms abt Messi has invited an evil spirit to torment his football career. Chai! DiarisGod o!

4 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Amaechi5(m): 12:32am On Jul 14, 2014
everyone the talk muller,james,robben,just give messi free space like those dudes and see if e no go tear his opponet to pieces.Even though he didn't win but at least he reached the final and got a world cup medal.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 14, 2014
ayorins:

SMH...I give up lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ayorins(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2014
scribe2000:

check the quoted statistics bro. each statistic has some points attached, and are weighed accordingly. FIFA then uses the points to determine the best. tell me who else beats those numbers. and yes, its all about this particular tournament.

wat of muller ...
5 goals
2 assist
2man of d matches
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 14, 2014
fingard02k: NO oya go collect the award from him and give it to mikel

Nonsense people always hating on another man's success
Why do FOOLS speak... undecided
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 14, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
You are among those unrealistic Nija fans.
Hypertension ll not wound you
Unrealistic Naija fans my foot... Whats ur point?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 12:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Ashantiking:

If that's the case then mueller should have it. He had more goals, more assist and he went the furthest. He won the damn cup.
yes i agree. for me it had to be between muller and messi. but i guess the committee thought that muller had other super performers like gotze, schwein, hummels, klose, kroos and could have done it without muller but messi got argentina to the final almost alone.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Debroslink: 12:35am On Jul 14, 2014
hyuga:
Wait o... How messi carry argentina enter final? He was nowhere to be found after d grp stage .. Macherano is d best d team has so stop that messi carry sh!t . And I say james,robben or muller deserves it more

Where was Masherano when Musa was pumping in d goals? Messi has 4 consecutive man of d match award. How many does those guys u mentioned have?

Messi carried Argentina. Case closed.
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ayorins(m): 12:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Amaechi5: everyone the talk muller,james,robben,just give messi free space like those dudes and see if e no go tear his opponet to pieces.Even though he didn't win but at least he reached the final and got a world cup medal.

muller no reach final abi e no collect medal
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by jinha(m): 12:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Diction10nairal:
u get issues o....... last tym around twas messi dnt score in a world cup. now it is messi scored against lesser team. no be world cup?......#na wa 4una o

Haters go everly get excuse ...no mind dem jawe...
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ddippset(m): 12:37am On Jul 14, 2014
hyuga:
so, where was mascherano when messi was carrying them in the group stages? or can you go to the knock out stages without first of all passing through the group stages?
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Olaone1: 12:37am On Jul 14, 2014
NO angry angry angry
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by scribe2000(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2014
ayorins:

wat of muller ...
5 goals
2 assist
2man of d matches

Even on these, Messi still trumps him. What about chances created. Muller doesn't even come close on those counts.
And hey, someone just corrected me that Messi had 4 (not 3) man of the match performances. come on guys, give honour to whom it is due...

2 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ayorins(m): 12:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Debroslink:

Where was Masherano when Musa was pumping in d goals? Messi has 4 consecutive man of d match award. How many does those guys u mentioned have?

Messi carried Argentina. Case closed.

man of the match in a game btw world cup new comer or 43th ranked team
wat of muller hatrick against portugal earning him d man of the match

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 14, 2014
mamagee3: I was angry and then I read that Adidas were the sponsors. . .

Messi is their star player, he's the one who sells for them. . .I don't think they would have given it to someone else. This award is so biased .

That's like Nike sponsoring or giving out the golden ball, of course they will award it to ronaldo.grin

But we as neutrals know Muller should have won it
Mueller should most likely have been given the award
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014
Rodriguez and Rob Ben had a better tournament.... only those who suck messi's dick will adamantly say he deserves it

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by ayorins(m): 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014
scribe2000:

Even on these, Messi still trumps him. What about chances created. Muller doesn't even come close on those counts.
And hey, someone just corrected me that Messi had 4 (not 3) man of the match performances. come on guys, give honour to whom it is due...

dont forget his hatrick against portugal(a highly rated team)
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2014
ranson: None other than the humble man who always enjoyed the mercy of god of soccer. Ottey dey there dey hate.
Humble ke undecided grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by braivheart: 12:41am On Jul 14, 2014
ayorins:

Help me tell am, abi na golden pressure cooker award

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2014
rozayx5: Messi haters undecided
if not for Messi argentina would have been gone since group stage, he tried

and before people shout FIFA, the same fifa extended voting to favor cr7, so fifa is no messi lover cool
i should ask
[size=15pt]
DID ronaldo deserve Golden clipper? [/size]
ronaldo deserved it but we all know blatter was prepared to give it to messi until he foolishly opened his mouth to say he preferred messi to ronaldo which sparked outrage.

3 Likes

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 14, 2014
scribe2000:

chances created as wat... Messiah had just 1 assist dz tournament... Rodriguez had 5
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by rozayx5(m): 12:43am On Jul 14, 2014
VIPERVENOM: ronaldo deserved it but we all know blatter was prepared to give it to messi until he foolishly opened his mouth to say he preferred messi to ronaldo which sparked outrage.

Messi was on his way to winning it with that performance till he got injured, so cr7 should thank his stars that he smelt another balon d or grin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 14, 2014
Obi411: Messi captained his team to the finals of the World Cup. Before now nobody gave Argentina the chance to even pass the quarter final stage. We saw what happened to Brazil after Neymar was ruled out due to the injury he suffered. The same fate might have met Argentina if he wasn't there. Those saying FIFA is licking the guy's ass: Is it not the same FIFA that extended voting last year for CR7 to win the Ballon D'or award? Even when it was obvious that Messi performed better. But I must confess: the negative criticisms abt Messi has invited an evil spirit to torment his football career. Chai! DiarisGod o!
DTS d point...FIFA licks both dia bottom.... robbrn, Rodriguez or muller at least...b honest 4 once

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by homesteady(m): 12:44am On Jul 14, 2014
awon haters gringrin
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by bowakoko: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Please review the statistics of the two players below:

Source: http://m.fifa.com/worldcup/awards/golden-ball/index.html

1 Like

Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Olaone1: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Robben, even Scolari agrred angry angry
Re: Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? by Damyion(m): 12:45am On Jul 14, 2014
diarisgod: Exactly amingo, we could have even been dumped out in the Group Stage had it been Messi was not in our squad. Not even with the low plays from Gonzalo and Sergio...
Bro, are you argentine? *folded arms*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Get Daily Sport Betting Tips Here Free / John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Barcelona Takes Down Poster Of Neymar For Betraying The Spanish Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.