Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Enemies Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enemies Of Africa (2241 Views)

Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC / Photo Of Africa And Europe At Night From Space / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enemies Of Africa by igbo2011(m): 12:33am On Jul 14, 2014
I’ve once asked a senior Nigerian official “Who are the enemies of Nigeria?”

He was kind of shaken or upset by my question and responded with a sharp tone: “Enemies? We don’t have enemies. We are in the family of the United Nations, and we work there to contribute to peace in the world. We are friend with everyone!”

Is the Nigerian official naive, or is it real that Africa has no enemy?

Every year, the most powerful nation in the world, the United States of America, make a list of their enemies: enemy country, enemy private and public organizations, enemy non-profit organizations, individual enemies, and also a list of the main threats to their national security.

This year, 2014, the list put China as the most dangerous enemy country of the United States, along with other countries like: Iran, North Korea, Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria.

There are about 100 nonprofit organizations on the american list of enemy organizations or terrorists group. There is also a list of enemy individuals, therefore they are banned to enter the american territory.
For example the current Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi was denied in 2005 a diplomatic A-2 visa to the United States. In addition, the B-1/B-2 visa that had previously been granted to him was revoked, for reasons only the United States know.

This year in April 2014, Hamid Aboutalebi, an Iranian envoy to the United Nations was denied a visa to enter the United States because of his role as a translator for the militants who stormed the American Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and held American citizens hostage. (The US keep records, has a long memory, and don’t forget to punish).

At some point, even a western country like France was considered an enemy country, in 2003, because they opposed the invasion of Iraq, and if you remember well, French fries were relabeled “freedom fries” for a while. As a far reaching consequence, the whole computer system of the French president palace Elysées was hacked, and huge effort has been made to hijack the french political system until a US puppet president Nicolas Sarkozy was elected, then France became again a US ally, and in the same token France put their military forces under Nato command.

Every year, through various and sophisticated media network, the US government inform their citizens about their enemies, why they are on the list, and also enlist their people support to deal with external threats: their NGOs, Banks, press, companies, agents, and even mainstream individuals are mobilized to deal with what ever they consider as enemy.

Moreover, as the leader of the western world, the enemies of the United States are de facto the enemies of EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, etc.

Now, for God Sake, if the United States is naming its enemies, why the hell when someone point to the enemies of Africa, most of my fellow africans would start an infantile game of “we must stop pointing fingers and hold ourselves accountable.”

All countries list their friends and enemies and fight the latter in medias and wherever necessary with force and determination!

Where is the African Union list of Africa enemies?
Where is the list of people, organizations involved in African people slavery?
Where is the list of enemy non-profit organizations or companies?
Where is the list of families who still hold African looted art or gold?
Where is the list of the people who killed or committed mass killings on African people?
Where is the list of intellectuals who support racism and racial supremacy?
Where is the list of those who helped and supported apartheid?
Pointing fingers is also part of our fight. It does not diminish it nor makes us irresponsible!

Now, do African men have enough hard balls to do that?

No, they are too scared! they are afraid to name their enemies!

Then, I asked myself, “Why are we so afraid to name our enemies?”

Finally the answer came from my friend Imhotep Lesage “They refuse to name their enemies because of the psychological leap it entails. If you name him you have to fight him. Many africans are cowards it’s a sad reality.”

If we decide to put in place an industrial policy we will come face to face with those who don’t want us to compete with them on equal footing. China and asia is eating their luch, there is only one place where they can dump their ”surplus” production: Africa. The APE accords of the EU and other frameworks are new shackles to prevent our rise.

Yet the cowards refuse to see the facts. If and when Africa (leading countries) decide to develop a merchant marine they will need to build a navy to defend those ships. There is no free market, never was, never will be. Can we protect OUR markets effectively that’s the question. The united states has 12 aircraft carriers forcing the world to take it’s dollars…”

As a French white supremacist said it “The reason Africans are losing all their battles is because they don’t know they in a war since 1433″

Source: http://www.siliconafrica.com/enemies-of-africa/

What do yo think pf this article?

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of Africa by AjanleKoko: 9:13am On Jul 14, 2014
To quote the quintessential Paul Newman: 'A man with no enemies is a man with no character.'

End of. undecided
Re: Enemies Of Africa by igbo2011(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2014
I am sad nobody responded. I guess we are cowards.....
Re: Enemies Of Africa by Yujin(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2014
I will surely come back to this thread. Present day Africans are actually cowards.

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of Africa by davitogreat(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2014
Great thread.

Though the comment the nigerian senior official made is terrifying.
Re: Enemies Of Africa by arewafederation: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2014
We are our own enemies.
Re: Enemies Of Africa by obayaya(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2014
Africa's biggest enemy has always been the west. The imperialists.

It's so unfortunate Africa is still under some sort of modern day imperialism

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of Africa by AjanleKoko: 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
igbo2011: I am sad nobody responded. I guess we are cowards.....

That's a broad and misconceived generalization.

The average African, like me, has the same mind of Mohammed Ali, who famously declared 'No Viet Cong ever did anything to me, why should I fight them?'

Ali wasn't stoopid, and neither am I. The only true enemy the average Nigerian can identify at this time is actually our leadership, or ruling elite. Those people seem to be the only blocking point on the road to a better and more meaningful life.

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of Africa by esere826: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
"Enemies"

umh,...that is an extremely strong word

Immediately you label someone an enemy, you psychological whip up 3 options.
Yes, 4 options indeed ...na so bible maths be

1) Avoid
2) Attack
3) defend against
4) Convert to a friend

Now lets see.....
-Our collective Nigerian enemy is the devil and winches
-the enemies of the Nigerian East is the Nigerian West
-the enemies of the Muslim North is the Infidels (mainly the "Niyamiris")
- the enemies of the Niger Deltans is the rest of Nigeria who want their oyel, but don't like their presidency
-The enemy of PDP and its e-rats is APC and its e-rats

There is a saying that we should keep our friends close, and our enemies closer
Let's make do with our present category of enemies that are closest to us.
Re: Enemies Of Africa by igbo2011(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
esere826: "Enemies"

umh,...that is an extremely strong word

Immediately you label someone an enemy, you psychological whip up 3 options.
Yes, 4 options indeed ...na so bible maths be

1) Avoid
2) Attack
3) defend against
4) Convert to a friend

Now lets see.....
-Our collective Nigerian enemy is the devil and winches
-the enemies of the Nigerian East is the Nigerian West
-the enemies of the Muslim North is the Infidels (mainly the "Niyamiris"wink
- the enemies of the Niger Deltans is the rest of Nigeria who want their oyel, but don't like their presidency
-The enemy of PDP and its e-rats is APC and its e-rats

There is a saying that we should keep our friends close, and our enemies closer
Let's make do with our present category of enemies that are closest to us.

You didnt say anyine outside of afruca because you are afraid of them. We need to change our nibdsrt and ask who is supplykng all these people wewpons
Re: Enemies Of Africa by igbo2011(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
arewafederation: We are our own enemies.

We have muktiple enemiea. Read the book neocollnialism in west africa by chernoh bah
Re: Enemies Of Africa by AjanleKoko: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
igbo2011:

We have muktiple enemiea. Read the book neocollnialism in west africa by chernoh bah

Outside what this fellow wrote in his book, what is your own genuine opinion of the subject matter?

Throw the books away for a second.

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of Africa by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
AjanleKoko:

Outside what this fellow wrote in his book, what is your own genuine opinion of the subject matter?

I'm honestly tired of African African intellectuals who after spending years in Europe and America come to Africa to tell people that westerners are the cause of their troubles.
Most of these westerners left in the 50's and 60's. Granted some left scathing legacies but attributing our troubles to them is just the typical black man's attitude of always looking for others to blame.

THE PROBLEM IF AFRICA IS AFRICA.
OUE GREED
OUR YEARN FOR MATERIALISM OVER SUBSTANCE
ETHNICITY
BLOOD LUST

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of Africa by worksmart(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dude before you rush to attack yourself if you are truely African (and not just pretending to be) The questions is "Who are the enemies of Africa"

So you rant is very misguided
ebdib:

I'm honestly tired of African African intellectuals who after spending years in Europe and America come to Africa to tell people that westerners are the cause of their troubles.
Most of these westerners left in the 50's and 60's. Granted some left scathing legacies but attributing our troubles to them is just the typical black man's attitude of always looking for others to blame.

THE PROBLEM IF AFRICA IS AFRICA.
OUE GREED
OUR YEARN FOR MATERIALISM OVER SUBSTANCE
ETHNICITY
BLOOD LUST
Re: Enemies Of Africa by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
worksmart: Dude before you rush to attack yourself if you are truely African (and not just pretending to be) The questions is "Who are the enemies of Africa"

So you rant is very misguided

I'm pretending to be African?
I believe I've answered the question in my previous post.
To reiterate, the answer is Africans themselves
Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of Africa by igbo2011(m): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
AjanleKoko:

I blame both external and internal forces. I blame the west for al3ays doing nis information with media to give peopkr wring infotmation and nis education. I also blamr the west for always interfering in african politifs. Lije france for bombing ivory coqst and america bombing libya.

Also africans for their loves kf evrrything foriegn and jate for each other due to miseducation religion and media. Us being so naive brainwashed inferiority compled and self hating is our fault tpo. Also us being cowards and scared.

I blame both patties.
Re: Enemies Of Africa by birdman(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
igbo2011: I am sad nobody responded. I guess we are cowards.....

you had to use the c word... Yes I can see the direct hands of neocolonialism in everyday Nigerian affairs. I would even go as far as to say we arent really independent, more like a vassal state. But lets be honest, we don't have enemies the same way Israel, Russia, China, USA etc have enemies. If we have been cheated by others, they have mostly been crimes of opportunity, like a man who travels and leaves his house doors unlocked and windows opened.

Our refusal to get ourselves in order makes it too easy to be pillaged. How did china take over our textile industry and make our own government accept Chinese contract bids that are not profitable for Nigeria? Is that China's fault or ours? If we are looking for enemies, I'd look in the mirror. I cant count how many supposedly well educated, world wise Nigerians will whine one one hand about government ineptitude, and then without missing a beat, will cast Chibok as a tribal issue and refuse to criticize GEJ because he is from their neck of the woods. Lets not even go into Ekiti, Fayose and Fayemi grin

1 Like

Re: Enemies Of Africa by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
You may be right, but Africans are not the only enemies of Africa, there are other enemies

These include the West and ex-imperialist and former colonial power countries, that have been interfering to keep us down.
ebdib:

I'm pretending to be African?
I believe I've answered the question in my previous post.
To reiterate, the answer is Africans themselves
Goodbye
Re: Enemies Of Africa by oggy89: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Enemies Of Africa by AjanleKoko: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
igbo2011:

I blame both external and internal forces. I blame the west for al3ays doing nis information with media to give peopkr wring infotmation and nis education. I also blamr the west for always interfering in african politifs. Lije france for bombing ivory coqst and america bombing libya.

Also africans for their loves kf evrrything foriegn and jate for each other due to miseducation religion and media. Us being so naive brainwashed inferiority compled and self hating is our fault tpo. Also us being cowards and scared.

I blame both patties.

Fair enough.
Though, rather than blame external forces, I would blame us for not developing a 'corporate vision' of how we black Africans plan to evolve in a hostile and opportunistic world.

It's not surprising that other will seek to undermine us, that's essentially the name of the game. Our case is that of the proverbial guest at the table of a strong man, who refused to bring his own eating utensils, rather preferring to bank on the benevolence and charity of his host. Our own case is more pathetic, as others dine freely at our table while we watch them and starve. They do that since we have refused to protect our turf, in the name of being 'hospitable'. For shame!

I always read with interest on Nairaland how we (Nigerians) always downplay the achievements of black South Africans. It's laughable, because that seems to be the only black race that have taken steps and put lives on the line, towards achieving the type of future that they want for themselves. The other Africans simply dig in with their chains and complain privately, but never rise to the occasion.

2 Likes

Re: Enemies Of Africa by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 22, 2014
Comrade you got my vote

url][/url]
AjanleKoko:

Fair enough.
Though, rather than blame external forces, I would blame us for not developing a 'corporate vision' of how we black Africans plan to evolve in a hostile and opportunistic world.

It's not surprising that other will seek to undermine us, that's essentially the name of the game. Our case is that of the proverbial guest at the table of a strong man, who refused to bring his own eating utensils, rather preferring to bank on the benevolence and charity of his host. Our own case is more pathetic, as others dine freely at our table while we watch them and starve. They do that since we have refused to protect our turf, in the name of being 'hospitable'. For shame!

I always read with interest on Nairaland how we (Nigerians) always downplay the achievements of black South Africans. It's laughable, because that seems to be the only black race that have taken steps and put lives on the line, towards achieving the type of future that they want for themselves. The other Africans simply dig in with their chains and complain privately, but never rise to the occasion.

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers:They Always Miss Target Whenever They Want To Bomb Politicians. / Fear Grips Presidency, PDP Over Buhari’s Declaration Rally / APC Vs PDP Results. 19 States. Buhari leading with 2m +. #confirmed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.