Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] (18815 Views)

The Jewish Face In Saudi Arabia Can Now Be Revealed! / Suicide Bomber Auction In Saudi Arabia To Destabilize Syria / A Girl Is Punished For Being Raped In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 1:03am On Jul 14, 2014
When On A VisIt to Saudi Arabia Do not Carry your Bibles! This is a new form of punishment in one of the Saudi nations. According to reports, this is a new punishment used on people found in possession of a Bible [the image is an example of the damage] .

The Iranian government announced new legal punishment tools under Sharia: an electronic saw is being used to cut off hands, fingers and feet. And now shredders are implemented in some places for punishments. Saudi Arabia has been short of head- choppers for their[b] 2,500+ executions per year[/b] (PER executioner) and have been advertising to fill these dirty positions for quite sometime.

An executioner is a job done by ‘lower status’ individual and is a position that is paid per execution by the government under confidentiality agreements.

The government also provides the sword. The Saudi government has been considering firing squads to fill the shortage of executioners. Executioners have said they are “ proud to do God’s work ” .

But is it a god or a man who sentence these people, without a fair trial, tortured into confessions? The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an Islamic theocratic monarchy in which Sunni islam is the official state religion. Although no law requires citizens or passport holders to be Muslim, almost all citizens are Muslims. Children born to Muslim fathers are by law deemed Muslim, and conversion from Islam to another religion is considered apostasy and punishable by death.

Blasphemy against Sunni Islam is also punishable by death, but the more common penalty is a long prison sentence. There have been no confirmed reports of executions for either apostasy or blasphemy in recent years. Religious freedom is virtually non-existent.

The Government does not provide legal recognition or protection for freedom of religion, and it is severely restricted in practice. As a matter of policy, the Government guarantees and protects the right to private worship for all, including non- Muslims who gather in homes for religious practice; however, this right is not always respected in practice and is not defined in law.

Moreover, the public practice of non- Muslim religions is prohibited.

www.wapcoded.Net

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 1:08am On Jul 14, 2014
That hand will never again amount to any good in this life.Smh
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by chaloner(m): 1:37am On Jul 14, 2014
God is forever great.......d more they try to stop the more His holy name spreads all over the world.........
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by emperortony: 2:13am On Jul 14, 2014
Am tired of seeing the violence associated with islam....and by the way op that's a very gory image..do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 2:18am On Jul 14, 2014
Pakistan inherited judicial caning from British India, but its scope was greatly increased during the regime of General Zia ul Haq (1977-1985). During this period several high-profile public canings were carried out, often in sports stadia with thousands of spectators.

1 Like

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 2:50am On Jul 14, 2014
My first reaction to these pictures was "I don´t believe this, it must be a photographic trick".

Unfortunately, the truth seems evident, a little boy gets punished because he has stolen bread and they drive a heavy vehicle over his arm ....

What do you do when you receive a series of pictures like this? You ignore them? Delete and think, thank God I am not living in Iran? This does not happen in my world ....

But the world is OURS - whether we live in Portugal, Sweden or in Iran. OUR children grow up in this world.

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 2:53am On Jul 14, 2014
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 2:59am On Jul 14, 2014
Pic 3

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 3:01am On Jul 14, 2014
Pic4

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 3:02am On Jul 14, 2014
Pic 5

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 3:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Pic6

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by tyson99(m): 3:08am On Jul 14, 2014
Stupid people
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by idumuose(m): 3:09am On Jul 14, 2014
These and many other evil are what boko haram is desirious to establish in the north eastern axis of Nigeria.

Boko haram must not flourish in the north.
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by hoodboy(m): 3:16am On Jul 14, 2014
When confronted with such images, I dread to imagine the world will be after rapture...that point in time when a new world order will be established and will seek to force people to accept their mark...I dread to think of the horror that will be bestowed upon those that refuse their mark...The ingenuity of man's evil scare the devil out of me

2 Likes

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by hakz(m): 3:27am On Jul 14, 2014
my God. what's this because of bread that boy lose his hand!!!!
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by DonXavi(m): 3:37am On Jul 14, 2014
idumuose: Pic6
This is the highest of inhumanity I would say. How can such a little boy be treated in such brutal manner just because they said he stole.
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Olisa bi n'igwe ogini ka mmadu ji isi kota....These people are animals....heartbreaking!
Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by tunshe: 5:33am On Jul 14, 2014
idumuose: My first reaction to these pictures was "I don´t believe this, it must be a photographic trick".

Unfortunately, the truth seems evident, a little boy gets punished because he has stolen bread and they drive a heavy vehicle over his arm ....

What do you do when you receive a series of pictures like this? You ignore them? Delete and think, thank God I am not living in Iran? This does not happen in my world ....

But the world is OURS - whether we live in Portugal, Sweden or in Iran. OUR children grow up in this world.

As par the boy's pics you posted,that's not Islamic punishment but a replica of the jungle justice we have in Nigeria. Its a pathetic sight!

UPDATE

vedaxcool:

Liar for Christianity how is market?

The above story was spread by Evangelism by Lie disciples,

The disturbing set of photographs shown above has now been circulating via email, blogs and forums for several years. According to the explanation that accompanies the images, they depict an 8 year old child being punished under Islamic law for stealing bread from a market in Iran. The message claims that the images show the boy's arm being deliberately crushed by a car wheel as retribution for his crime, all in the name of Islam.

However, as is often the case with images that circulate cyberspace, things are not what they seem. While the photographs themselves are genuine, the event they show had nothing whatsoever to do with Islamic law and was not a punishment for stealing. In reality, the stunt was a street performance conducted for the entertainment of onlookers. The photographs were originally published on the Iranian news website Peykeiran. According to information published on the Little Green Footballs blog, a reader who contacted Peykeiran about the images received the following reply:

It seems you have not read the text that came with the pictures. In irna there some who earn their bread by Maareke giry. In our case one of these maarke gir _ha had hired a kid to do those unhuman show.

The first photograph in the series shows a man talking into a microphone and this collaborates the claim that the event is part of a street performance. It appears that the microphone wielding "host" is explaining the stunt to onlookers.

Moreover, most versions of the protest message omit the seventh photograph in the series, which shows the boy sitting up after the stunt, apparently with no serious injuries. Thus, the claim in the message that the boy permanently lost the use of his arm is clearly untrue.

Furthermore, although strict interpretations of Islamic Sharia law do call for amputation or cutting of hands as punishment for stealing, it is unlikely that such a punishment would be carried out on an 8 year old child who only stole bread. Various references point out that one of the conditions that regulate penalties for stealing is that the thief must have reached puberty before a severe penalty would be enforced. Other references suggest that the maximum penalty of hand-cutting may not be carried out on a person who stole minor or inexpensive items, especially if the person stole only food because he was hungry. There are many credible references that describe the Sharia Law maximum penalty for stealing as the possible amputation or cutting of the thief's hands. However, I could find none that described the crushing of the thief's arm under a car or any other heavy object.

Thus, it seems that this long running diatribe against Islam is simply the result of a misinterpretation of the event depicted in the photographs.

Of course, even without the erroneous religious interpretation that has been placed on it, many would consider it reprehensible to use a young child in what appears to be a dangerous, painful and frightening stunt, even if the child was paid for his participation. However, forwarding the email in its present form will do nothing to help this child or others like him.

The obvious excesses and human rights violations perpetrated by such groups as the Taliban under the umbrella of Sharia Law quite rightly generate intense debate and condemnation from many commentators. But, muddying the waters with misinformation such as that contained in this email forward is decidedly counter-productive and will serve only to widen divisions and foster even more hatred and misunderstanding in our already strife-torn world.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/child-stealing-bread-iran.shtml

4 Likes

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by Hangard: 5:44am On Jul 14, 2014
Islam grub very big cancer that is eating the world.

1 Like

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by tunshe: 5:44am On Jul 14, 2014
IdiAmin1: See, you better repent and stop protecting a devilish religion. Gosh, what kind of soup do they use to wash your brains away

You don't have to be insulting to make an empty point.

You know nothing about Islam,I was a christian like you before I embraced Islam so there's nothing you wanna tell me.

7 Likes

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:45am On Jul 14, 2014
And this same people will come to tell us that Christians and Muslims are worshipping the same God. It is now cleared that Jehovah is not Allah and Allah is not Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 14, 2014
tunshe:

You don't have to be insulting to make an empty point.

You know nothing about Islam,I was a christian like you before I embraced Islam so there's nothing you wanna tell me.
You got it all wrong, I know a lot about Islam. Atleast I know about Talibans, Al queda and of recent boko haram. So what else am I missing? undecided

11 Likes

Re: SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] by Henrypraise: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2014
Yet muslims be like: "islam a religion of peace"

Same punishment shud be dished out to mallam de emir (sanusi)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russia's Attack On Ukraine Reveals Political Fault Lines In Asia / Removal Of Bazoum Is Making Terrorism Worse In Niger Republic / Republican Lawmakers March To Senate Floor To Protest Pelosi’s Mask Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.