Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61169 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Tunrayo75(f): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks 4 d story,lt so sad...anyway keep up d good work,more ink to ur pen....am new here.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by omaimoje(f): 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Wat a tragic ending!!!! Tina shuld have opened up wen she had d chance cos everybody has a past nd we are all prone 2 making mistakes.... Weldone Duro... Wat a fascinating work
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Seanixking: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tanx D9ty7 for that mind blowin story.....hope ahm qonna see anoda story vewi soon....#waitin till wen am call upon tu view anoda story#
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Babetolux(f): 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nice one D9ty7 waiting for All in a circle, more knowledge
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by olumayor85: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Its been a very wonderful ride with you boss. Waiting for your next story.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by abdulfatih90: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
I joined NL because of you and your story being the first I will follow to the end on here.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Emzypaz(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
If you know you really enjoyed this story there is only a way to appreciate d9ty7 by just opening a thread and typing d9ty7's name. Remember no one paid him to post his story here but someone is ready to pay him provided he gets the highest number of votes. So join me and vote for d9ty7 via this link....
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/16.
Just type, I vote d9ty7 or list your best three writers and your votes will be counted.
Thanks!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Ormorlehwah(f): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmmmm....... What a tragic?!
Indeed, keep it Up. More ink to Ur pen.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
This ending nawa o,well it is a lovely story.Thank you and pray for more wisdom 4 you
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Emzypaz(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2014
@ the mods, Obinnau and Mynd44. This story won't make front page abi?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by d4real890(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
D9ty7: CHAPTER 3
Raymond drove into the big exclusive Douglas estate which was voted the largest in the country. Inside the estate stood many mansions and low cost houses which were all occupied by the Douglas and their staffs.
Chief &Mrs Douglas occupies one of the numerous mansion alongside their only daughter, Atinuke who just returned from the states after studying Business Administration. Their only son occupies another big bungalow where he is living the life of a typical bachelor even though he has many maids and servants at his disposal.
Instead of driving into his own apartment he diverted his car towards his parent's mansion which was presently occupied by his mother alone.
"Good evening mum." He said prostrating.
"Hello darling." Mrs Bianca Douglas replied pulling him up.
"How are you mum?"
"As you can see am fine." Bianca replied.
"I came here to say hi and pick up a book from dad's library." Raymond said as he stood up just when one of the maidservant served him snacks and juice.
"Son we need to talk." Bianca said.
Raymond knew at once what his mother wanted to talk about seeing how serious she looked.
"Am coming mum." He said as he hurriedly left the spacious living room to his father's library which was stocked with books by philosophers, tips for a successful business and books explaining extensively on leadership. He picked three books and locked the library.
"Raymond." Bianca called.
"Yes mum." he replied.
He could see how serious his mother was, so he dare not make mistakes.
"Do you realise that you are not getting younger anymore?" she asked.
He kept quiet as he was staring at his mother knowing where the discussion was heading to.
"All your mates are married, the few that are yet to get married are engaged already. Am sure you don't have a girlfriend talkless of bringing anyone home for marriage anytime soon." She continued.
Raymond laughed at the mention of girlfriend.
"Tell me, are you afraid of talking to them? I can arrange good girls who'll be you life partner and a good daughter-in-law." she said.
"Mum. Am still working on it. I'll bring your long awaited daughter-in-law very soon. Just give me time to work things out." Raymond pleaded.
"You can't do two things at a time. You can't be overseeing your father's business empire and still be on the look out for a decent girl. You have to drop one for now." She advised.
"I'll talk to dad tomorrow. We'll draw out a conclusion." he said hoping his mother will drop the topic which she did much to his suprise.
Then he realised how much he was hungry.
"Anything here to eat? Am famished." he announced.
"Your wife should be able to get that for you." She replied.
"Mum!" he exclaimed laughing.
"No, assuming you are married, your wife....." she was saying when his phone rang thereby cutting her short.
Raymond picked his phone and spoke with the caller for the next ten minutes during which Mrs Douglas exited the living room and ordered one of the maids to serve Raymond what to eat.

--to be continued--
There is nothing like talkless it's let alone or not to talk off
A gud job well done, more ink to ur pen
*wink
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Trypa(f): 12:00am On Sep 25, 2014
Plz cum oo i cant elwait for. D next update ooo
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 6:30am On Sep 25, 2014
Next update? The story don end na.
Trypa: Plz cum oo i cant elwait for. D next update ooo
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Trypa(f): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2014
D9ty7: Next update? The story don end na.

How e take end? For where d man say e nephew no fit marry d girl abi na anoda one? Abeg ans
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Tholuwani(f): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is-dat-the-finishing?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Cheadiva(f): 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
Wow!!!!! I was glued to d story.....started from page 0.....I'm awed.

More ink to ur pen dty9
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer. Please, do at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Skyfornia(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
D9ty7:
---continuation--
Chief James Douglas a billionaire and a
business tycoon was seated in his spacious
sitting room with the members of his family.
His wife Bianca and their last daughter Tinuke
a twenty-two year old damsel sat on the
couch.
From the look of things it seems like they have
a function to attend because Mrs Douglas was
checking the time every minute.
"Mum, whats keeping us waiting?" Tinuke asked
as she seemed to have run out of patience.
"Your brother needs to lead the way. No one
knows the way to his wife's house. And
remember its his introduction, we all have to
move together." Bianca explained.
Just then the door into the sitting room
opened and Raymond walked in dressed in a
white native atttire sewn to perfection by the
best designer in the country followed by his
younger cousin, Dayo who just finished from
the university.
At once they all stood up and Dayo gave a
short prayer as they all filed out of the house
into three waiting cars. A limousine which is
expected to carry Raymond and Dayo while a
wine coloured space bus is expected to carry
Chief Douglas, his wife and Tinuke. The last
vehicle in the convoy is a newly purchased
Nissan Amanda who has no occupant in it
except the driver.
The Amanda led the way followed by the limo
and lastly the space bus.
"Hello David. Meet us at the round about."
Chief Douglas said to his brother over the
phone.
His younger brother, Chief David another
business tycoon is expected to join the
groom's family train with his convoy as they
all march toward's the bride's family house.
*****THIRTY MINUTES LATER*****
The introduction ceremony had progressed
over time as the grooms family had paid some
traditional neccesities. Even though the bride
came from a low class family, she was
howerver accepted into the family. The
Douglas, arguably the richest business man in
the country. His son, Douglas is the yongest
billionaire in th country as he is the one in
charge of his father's chains of business both
in the country and abroad.
Despite the fact that Bianca was against the
union, her husband talked her out of choosing
a partner for their son.
The MC anchoring the even called out the
bride for the first time and Tina walked out
looking beautiful and in a simillar attire to that
of Raymond.
"No way. My nephew can't get married to this
lady before me." David shouted at the top of
his voice as Tina knelt down before her
fathers-in-law. Therefore bringing the
proceedings to a halt and shock was written on
everybody's face while guilt was clearly written
in capital letters on Tina's face.
--to be continued--

Great story I must confess....but wait o! So Chief David was not ashame to mention his fling with a prostitute in the presence of his entire family?? Shame on him!!
And why must d society alwayz blame the lady and ignore the man whenever there is a sexual act??
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Emzypaz(m): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Seun
mukina2
mynd44
obinnau. Frontpage please.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 7:57am On Nov 14, 2014
I think its about time, this story made front page. Please do something fast. @ the mods.
Obinnau
Seun
mukina2
mynd44.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Calmdove(f): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nyc one but so sad;-(
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by MhizEnkay(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Its nice to know that a man would admit to being with call girls just to protect one of his family members... I'd have preferred you to have made that last part into a chapter, rather than summarize it. Nice one, keep up the good work..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Paulv(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
following boss,nice one.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by MzOG(f): 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Plz dnt tell me d story will end dia else I will hunt u down Plz dnt tell me d story will end dia else I will hunt u down
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Cybershow(m): 2:31am On Feb 04, 2015
boss d9ty7 #crying..u made me cry wit d endin..am nt api wit d endin..dnt end it like dat pls..let Tina av d 2nd chance in maryin raymond..pls dnt end it lyk dat..cryin cryin cryin cryin cryin..as if it z hapenin 2 me. cryin cryin cryin cryin cryin..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Joesellf: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
What a tragedy... D9ty4 that was a nice story.. Kudos to you.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Cybershow(m): 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
We are calling/inviting you to this thread to read the collaboration work by some group of people.. this is the link https://www.nairaland.com/2167202/main-story-thread-checkmate-competition-group we need your like and share please we are inviting you
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
Book cover after the cut

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by donPhill(m): 5:53am On Jun 22, 2015
ree the cover page is mind blowing ....really portrays the story in line....
when will ur work be ready ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nephilim / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him / Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.