Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61164 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2014
hmmm lovuu nwan tintin.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2014
Huh!! Love is in the air...
Nice one D9ty7...
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by missuniverse(f): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2014
ryd on Sir
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Huh,raymond and tina season1.well done sire
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Melancholy(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
No wonder we rarely find young billionaires in business world today. And even the few, only 1% struggle with their last drop to get there, Whiles rest are properties inherited. Smh.... Raymond did that all becos of a lady? Cant even tolerates cole's mistakes for a longer period.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Ziziola: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
@D9ty7 pls try to continue with FIGHT FOR POWER. at least uv reached whr u were b4 d data loss. Nice story btw. More power to ur elbow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by JigsawKillah(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Boss D9ty7
ur fans are patiently waiting

SAW
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by preetyjay(f): 4:54am On Jul 31, 2014
well done. luvly updates
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmmmm... What shuld I do nw? Kneel down nd plead 4 forgiveness or jst hug u... Im so sorry... D prob is Im scared of watching mystery films or read it.. Buh seeing d way u invited me.. I think I jst have 2 adjust nd read all types of books... Hw u doing?

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hameenat94: Hmmmmmm... What shuld I do nw? Kneel down nd plead 4 forgiveness or jst hug u... Im so sorry... D prob is Im scared of watching mystery films or read it.. Buh seeing d way u invited me.. I think I jst have 2 adjust nd read all types of books... Hw u doing?
Do none of the above. Ur comment z enough. Welcome bak
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
And I sight every other person
Preetyjay, jigsawkillah, ziziola, melancholy, seunviju, missuniverse, Dammygoody, snowprince07.... Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments......
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by JigsawKillah(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
D9ty7: And I sight every other person
Preetyjay, jigsawkillah, ziziola, melancholy, seunviju, missuniverse, Dammygoody, snowprince07.... Thanks to you all for your encouraging comments......

in other words we're having an update latest midnite!
Thanks ahead and please make it long

SAW
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
CHAPTER 4
Raymond was seated in the company of his three best friends, Davies, Majid and Sam.
Davies is the eldest of the quartet at thirty two he is married with a son to call his own. A young politician who is aspiring for a seat in the House of Representative, the eldest son of Chief Remi Davies, a former vice president in Nigeria. Davies is naturally gifted to be a leader, a public speaker, an activist and above all a councellor. At a tender age of sixteen he was made the senior prefect in his secondary school, and by the time he graduated and was waiting for admission he had written different motivational books. By the time he got into his third year in the university he was elected by the student union as the president and his fellow student enjoyed his tenure as the president. Even though it was his dream to become a Lawyer or an activist, his father stood his way and convinced him into studying political science while his younger sister has made a name in law.
Majid on his part is a young businessman just like Raymond. He started doing business from a very tender age. Striking deals with his siblings, they'll have his meat in turns and he'll take their pocket money. Majid knew every way which he could use to generate money. The only difference between him and a businessman from the eastern part of Nigeria is their language. He is engaged to a young model.
Sam who was widely regarded to as bigsam or Sammy is a music producer and a rapper. Just like Nigerian-born American rapper Wale of Maybach music. Sammy plies his trade in the united state and does less music in his fatherland. Even though he had been a stepping stone to most other Nigerian musician who came into international limelight through bigsam. Sammy is rich and everyone knows that but his love for women has been a major setback in his bank account. In the last three years, Sammy has proposed to four women with expensive gold/diamond rings and after a few months of engagement, they all break up on terms of inreconciliable differences. He is currently going out with a popular American actress and their relationship seems promising.
"Raypower, are you still afraid to talk to these cheap Nigerian girls?" Sam asked Raymond.
Davies and Majid both bursted into laughter out of mockery.
"Enough of that boys. I just got a gold fish." Raymond said suprising everyone of them.
"Tell me more." Majid said.
Raymond explained everything about Tina, how they met, how things sprang up, how he asked her out.
"You want to marry a girl that ought to be one of your numerous side chics?" Sam asked.
"No way am I attending your wedding. That poor thing?" Majid added.
Raymond tried to talk his friends out of labelling his girlfriend with bad names but the two bad eggs of the quartet, Majid and Sam seemed to be enjoying themselves at the expense of Raymond's feelings.
"Raymoney, all I have to tell you is to be watchful. Marrying a rich and classy lady and marrying a poor and classless lady isn't the most important thing. But marrying a lady with whom your happiness is guaranteed. I can't tell you what to do because I believe you know what is good for you. All that remains now is blessing from your parent." Davies adviced like the elder brother he was to his friends.
"Come off it jor." Majid said.
"Marriage is not like politics o. You know nothing about love." Sam said.
After a series of arguments and jokes Davies announces his departure.
"Boys, am leaving. My wife must be waiting." He said picking up his car keys.
"My regards to Samantha and Junior." Raymond who was also known as Raymoney or Raypower said.
"I don't know his problem. His wife doesn't give him chance to enjoy himself. I swear I don't see him winning the upcoming election." Sam said angrily a few minutes after Davies left.
"That shows how responsible he is. Mind you he is married." Raymond said.
"Meaning? We are irresponsible." Majid said.
"Did you hear me say that? Am leaving guys." Raymond said picking up his bunch of keys too.
"Mind you we are responsible too." Majid said picking his keys as Sam followed him. Everyone of them laughing as they exited the guesthouse.

--to be continued--
This update may be boring but its a way to know the characters better.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Keep it coming boss
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
D9ty7: And I sight every other person
★ya welkome
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
--continuation--
Tina was seated in the very spacious and large sitting room of the Douglas. She was feeling anxious and nervous at the same time, because she just found herself in a situation she had no idea of. Raymond has finally decided to bring her home to meet his immediate family and Tina was happy at first but now she wished some powers could just take her off from the couch and drop her in her room.
Raymond had gone inside in search of his mother whom Tina had no idea of what she looked like except for her pictures in magazines and television but seeing her physically. This is the first time.
Tina has visited the Douglas estate many times in the past but her was always limited to Raymond's house. She has spent weekends with Raymond many times and Raymond had visited her family countless times. Just when she started having doubt about Raymond taking her to the alter he told her on thier way back from work that she'll be meeting his mum that day.
Ever since she started going out with the young billionaire, Tina's living condition has changed tremendously while her mother has started living comfortably in an apartment rented for her by Raymond, her siblings, Gloria and Francis who had made it point of duty to come home almost every weekend for their feeding allowance only comes home when they are on break to spend time with their mother.
Mrs Douglas cleared her troath on entering the living room thereby bringing Tina back from her reverie.
"Good evening ma." Tina said going down on her knees.
Mrs Douglas smiled as she walked up to her and pulled her up to an embrace.
"Good evening my daughter. How are you? How is mummy and daddy at home?" Mrs Douglas asked.
"We are all fine ma." Tina replied kneeling down once again.
"Come sit here with me." Mrs Douglas said patting the empty seat beside her.
Tina sat down beside her mother in law to be and they started chatting.
"So you said your dad is dead right?"
"Yes ma."
"May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace." Bianca Douglas prayed.
"Amen."
"So your mum is the minister for what? Or is she an ambassador?" Mrs Bianca Douglas asked throwing Tina off balance even Raymond felt the worms in his stomach make some noise.
"My mum is neither of the two. She is a trader." Tina replied.
"Thats good." Mrs Douglas said smiling.
Tina heaved a sigh of relieve.
"Raymond can I see you for a minute?" She said as she walked back in the direction in which she had emerged into the sitting room few minutes ago.
Raymond took permission from Tina as he followed his mum.
Ten minutes later the front door opened and a young lady of about twenty-two years old walked in. Everything about the lady smelt money. Tina sized her up with her eyes and her rough estimation valued everything on her at over ten million naira.
"Good evening." The lady greeted Tina showing a bit of respect.
"Good evening." Tina replied.
"My name is Atinuke, Raymond's sister and you must be....."
"Tina."
"His girlfriend?" Atinuke asked.
"Yeah." Tina smiled shyly.
Atinuke sat down with Tina as the two ladies began talking like long lost sisters.
--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by JigsawKillah(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
*sighs*

Mothers!

SAW
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
I can imagine what Mrs Douglas is about to tell Raymond.
Ride on sir.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by seunviju(f): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
What will mrs Douglas say than where did you meet this poor thing cus she isn't in our calibre.like d saying that says the rich will become the friend of the rich and the poor the friend of the poor.Thank you for the update D9ty7,keep up the good work
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by heemah(f): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
those rich women tho!! always lukin down on d poor as if they r nothing
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
D9ty7: Do none of the above. Ur comment z enough. Welcome bak
tnx jare... Im wit u 4rm now henceforth
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Delis(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
D9ty7:
"Raymond can I see you for a minute?" She said as she walked back in the direction in which she had emerged into the sitting room few minutes ago.
Raymond took permission from Tina as he followed his mum.

At least she respected her (Tina) and never poured out the whatever observation she (Mrs. Douglas) made before her (Tina).
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
som modas and dia wahala
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by dammygoody(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
What a question!!! If I were Tina, I would reply "Yes, my mother is Nigeria's ambassador to Dubai on buying and selling matters". ..that sounds more like it...
Well done bro....
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Abeg where dis OP?updates pls
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by preetyjay(f): 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
hmmn...i wonder wat mrs douglas is upto....anyway i trust raypower
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Hameenat94(f): 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wow! Neva tot u could write romance lyk dis... Dis is superb! Uve nt told us of Tina's past wen she was a call gal nd y nd wen she had a change of @.... All dis rich women dat doesn't want gal 4rm poor background to get married to dia sons.. Dia is God oh..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 01, 2014
na waoo 4 some mumsy ooo
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 8:36am On Aug 01, 2014
All this Rich women with their wahala..boss more money into ur bank account jawee.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:40am On Aug 02, 2014
**Protrating** Boss, na exam wey me finish just on Thursday make u no c me for here. I'm sorry,following like never!
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:41am On Aug 02, 2014
Uthman51: All this Rich women with their wahala..boss more money into ur bank account jawee.
Just like that? lol..... working on I found her, thinking on halting on it and releasing it as an ebook by the end of d year. What dju think?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Just like that? lol..... working on I found her, thinking on halting on it and releasing it as an ebook by the end of d year. What dju think?

anyhow u like boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nephilim / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him / Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.