Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,714 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (91745 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / 12 Great Cities To Retire To In Africa (photos) / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by mdsagir90(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Low cost of living does not mean high income rate

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Felvet(f): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mrkuvuki: Yea onitsha is cheap,I grew up there ...where else can you get a 3Bedroom flat for 120K-220K?
in some part of Lagos state e.g Ijegun.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by SweetyZinta(f): 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
as far as am concerned kaduna city and J.town are ok. E.g in j.town fruits and vegetable is in abundance. D only place you can Survive as a vegetarian most importantly very very cheap. Women farm 2feed their families. Foodstuff and livestock is as well cheeeap. House rent nko e cheap like pure water. D only problem is dat BH use to act action films in those places. Tourist attraction nko, omo every 100m na tourist centre. T.p 4 kd cheap oh. If u like u join d train and pay #30 or buses are cheap too.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by EbuGeneral(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
In Aba, u can get a 3 bedroom flat at affordable price.. Ranging from 8k to 15k a month depending on de area and de building. OP why u no show us de real face of Aba? Places like ngwa road,Evina,Owerri Aba, Umuode, Ariaria etc. U come de show us GRA. Pls replace Onitcha with Asaba, most business people now come from Asaba, 33, Nkpor to Onitcha main market, etc... Pls where is Abakiliki?

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by semitunde: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
shikshark: ibadan is relatively cheap but if you are coming......come with your generator

Depends on the area u stay in Ibadan.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by EMFF: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
if you re really talking about cheap cities, think of northern cities like Kano, katsina, bernin kebi. I am currently serving in kano and I can tell that the place is very very cheap. food, housing, they don't even reject dirty or torn money like we do in d south. u need to visit these places
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Peterock0009:

True, I was expecting Osogbo too to be in dat list, aside d good power supply, transportation within d city is one of d cheapest I av ever seen
yeah....i grew up in osogbo bt am nw in akure schooling bt tinz r more expensive in akure dan osogbo.....osogbo is defined as; adequate power supply, adequate water supply, cheap food items, cheap house rent, very peaceful n many more

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
henrimoto: you no know where oshogbo dey,, if you know oshogbo, u no go compare oshogbo to lagos.
Lolz bros u don vex? Its just a suggestion ooo
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by semitunde: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
marv1: Ibadan shud nt be among d list compared to what it was 5 or 6yrs. Living in ibadan has gone up partly because of those people that were displaced by lagos state govermnt and some of them moved to d acient city.

I don't understand, who were those that were displaced from Lagos and moved to Ibadan? Where did you get this from? People as I know moved to Ibadan voluntarily because its a more cost effective alternative to Lagos.

Lagos being what it is, as Nigeria's busiest city, people including oldies wanted their families in places less stressful while still close enough to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Ninilowo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala: Osogbo is one of the cheapest.
The only place in Nigeria where buying of generating set is useless.
Yes. As constant as Oshogbo lite
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Champella(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
tsolz84: No worries bro;just give me a few days;am tied up @ work;i am going to find out more details abt fupre;all i know is;its a very good sch;never been dere b4 but i think i av frnds dat knws more abt the environs;c'mon;dont be scared bro;warri is a safe haven if u stay away 4rm keepin late nights and hanging out wit d wrong crowd..#cheers bro#
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
is osogbo a city or a rural town?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
One of the cheapest towns to live in in Nigeria is Minna, Niger State.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Ever heard of the word national grid? I schooled there during the tenure of Oyinlola and it has being so b4 then.
Osun state has a distributing station, and it tÀkes care of itself b4 sharing d remaining to other south western states. I must also say its a cheating becos even generating states like jebba, egin(lagos) and co can't even boast of such good electricity. But dats how our system works, they generate and send it to the national grid for distribution while they @ d national grid decides who get more.
They are all corrupt official
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Champella(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
tsolz84: No worries bro;just give me a few days;am tied up @ work;i am going to find out more details abt fupre;all i know is;its a very good sch;never been dere b4 but i think i av frnds dat knws more abt the environs;c'mon;dont be scared bro;warri is a safe haven if u stay away 4rm keepin late nights and hanging out wit d wrong crowd..#cheers bro#

Sup Broda!

Cud u plz help me wit som vital info abt PTI and FUPRE as well as cost of living in Warri generally. A couple of friends r interested in dese 2 skols.

Tanx
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by semitunde: 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Samakinr:
...but i like it like that....seriously, you'll have fresh air, a sense of calmness...security...and all people are one another keeper. I've being living in Lagos as a bachelor, but i doubt i will want to raise my children here. Even areas that are calm here in Ikeja, its nt that it is calm but rather neighbours never feel a need to interact with each other...it's almost a routine life, go to work by 6am, retire to home by 7pm.... What a life!....gonna retire to Ife one day where m sure the society itself will build my daughters to children of reputable character. If only the traffic can be reduced, if only we can have more greens and trees, if only i can breed goats like i used to do while growing, if only the honking of motors can be mitigated, if only there is communal affiliations, then Lagos will be the best

You're describing Lagos in the 80s. Maybe places like ile-ife will be like Lagos in the future, who knows.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by fclala: 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Osogbo is a very cool place to live with power supply almost100%, food stuff very cheap and transportation relatively very low however, cost of housing is gradually growing by the day.God help us.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Desmog21(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
Dubby6: Pls which state is ikom in?
In Cross River
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by daproflinks: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
Soldierboy30: Hi @everyone akwaibom state is actually very beautiful,carm strong security and stedy power supply,low cost of living,good road transport.and the above mentioned touched everypart and corner of akwa-ibom.housing is cheap and very confortable.our 3bedroom flat with standard estate genarator we were paying 110k I mean a modern day tailed 3bedroom flat.D state is not corrupt and education is very good and affordable,gov. Schs are free and upto todays standard, Food is cheap and very fresh too their people are very nice and accomodating,we just relocated to enugu my morm complains everyday and wish she could work her posting back there, I miss d state too. I strongly recoment there for anyone. Goodmorning NL

You just won an award as the biggest liar of the millennium.3 bedroom flat for 110k in akwaibom state when I pay 160k for a self-contain

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
Sincerely bro;i dont know much about PTI and FUPRE aside their locations and the good job the school management is doing;cox i am not science inclined;but i'll find out more about the sch;its important to add here that cost of living is much cheaper in Warri than in most states,it serves better for job seekers and students(FORGET THOSE THINGS YOU HEAR ON MEDIA)Warri is a nice place to live in,full of opportunities, all u need is understand the environment and things around, but trust me once u get to know your way you will love the place. then i will advice you in the issue of apartment be very conscious and smart, there are a lot of funny agents out there.but i know PTI do have good and conducive hostels..
Champella:

Sup Broda!

Cud u plz help me wit som vital info abt PTI and FUPRE as well as cost of living in Warri generally. A couple of friends r interested in dese 2 skols.

Tanx

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
You haven't experienced cheap until you have lived in Gusau.
It's unbelievable the amount of things you can buy at the local markets. cheesy
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Sike(m): 7:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
Why is no one mentioning Ogun state tho?
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by adeife11: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
MANGAM: Akure is very cheap to live in too. Ilorin is the cheapest city I ve lived in
Akure is not cheap compared to ilorin and ibadan.i am presently in akure. And tins are not cheap as expected.i av lived in ilorin and ibadan.i give it to ilorin,dey don't hike prices unnecessarily.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by JoelFelix(m): 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
WUKARI IS ALSO ONE OF THE CHEAPEST CITY THAT YOU WILL EVER LOVE TO RESIDE IT IS LOCATED IN TARABA STATE. FOOD THERE IS VERY CHEAP AND ALSO T.FARE AND ACCOMODATION. YOU CAN ALSO FIND A WELL GARNISHED APARTMENT IN AN ESTATE 2-3 BED ROOM FLAT AT THE RATE OF 100,000K PER YEAR.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by ugoezeik(m): 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
olaezebala:

U are sure of having @ least 23hrs power per day in osogbo.
Phcn will even announce on radio stations if light will be off self and max will be 2hours.
i can't blv my hear dis 9t, bro is dis happening in dis my own naija ni? Pls bro b honest because l no want after Wey l don pack my load go there finish everything go b wash
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Temi231(f): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
Osogbo is actually cheap in transportation and some stuff but housing in Osogbo is getting on the high side e.g one bedroom apartment is now 180k........depending on where you want to stay. Also the power supply is okay....i just ddecided to buy a generating set after 2 years....so u dont actually need it and the city is really coming up in development.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=EMFF]if you re really talking about cheap cities, think of northern cities like Kano, katsina, bernin kebi. I am currently serving in kano and I can tell that the place is very very cheap. food, housing, they don't even reject dirty or torn money like we do in d south. u need to visit these places

Exactly. Those places are really cheap. Atleast I know of Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Zamfara and Jigawa. I'm based in Katsina.
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by engroke(m): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
ure right, I rocked osogbo 2012
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Vock(m): 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
Stop posting rubbish,I school in Ilorin and there is nothing cheap there,no boundless opportunities or that kinda crap,no companies,no job opportunities,It's a town where you can spend money but making it is very difficult
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by Gynacologist(m): 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
Dubby6: op abeg na 8 dey here oo..
Pls which state is ikom in
I think say places like borno go cheap pass now...Onitcha cheap?
Benin is d cheapest ive lived in in terms of mama put...no b dis PH wey dem go get mind give u half plate for 350 still dey xpect make u free d change
in akwa ibom
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by mfm04622: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
nagoma: Is that a picture of Zaria? And who told you that Zaria was formerly known as Zazzau? Don't spread inaccurate information please.

Zaria was formerly known as Zazzau! He is correct. Even the Emir is called Emir of Zazzau, not Emir of Zaria!
Re: 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria by nkluvbaby(f): 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mrkuvuki: Yea onitsha is cheap,I grew up there ...where else can you get a 3Bedroom flat for 120K-220K?
Benin of course and with change sef, depending on the area and standard of the flat. Then again you can get a more expensive one, na your choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING / New York Vs London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.