Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. (36252 Views)

Spectranet 4g Lte And Swift 4g Lte Browsing Free On Pc With Zero Naira (fastest) / Swiftband Gives You Unlimited Internet With Swift 4G/LTE / Is Your Smile 4G LTE Data Being Sapped Ridiculously? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by jmaine: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
cne010:

I reduced my Data speed to 2mbps and YES the data depletion reduced 2 days and I haven't used up to 500MB thats a miracle thanks Jmaine!

You are welcome bruv . . . .
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Informatics: 12:35am On Sep 02, 2014
cne010:
I reduced my Data speed to 2mbps and YES the data depletion reduced 2 days and I haven't used up to 500MB thats a miracle thanks Jmaine!

Is this for swift or spectranet?
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by jmaine: 12:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Informatics:

SMile 4G LTE
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Informatics: 12:45am On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:
SMile 4G LTE

Thanks...but is Smile available in Abuja?
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by jmaine: 12:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Informatics:

Not Yet, but very soon It will be launched in Abuja . . . . .
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Informatics: 1:00am On Sep 02, 2014
jmaine:

Ok thanks
Not Yet, but very soon It will be launched in Abuja . . . . .
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2014
Informatics:

Smile
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by 3ncrypt3d(m): 12:04am On Sep 15, 2014
cne010:

I haven't used it with my laptop yet just my iPhone.

Also, remember that while charging your phone which is connected to WiFi, the Iphone automatically carries out a complete cloud backup in the background. Ensure you always disconnect from your WiFi when charging your Iphone.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by volts(m): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
I stay in lekki phase 1. And I move around Lagos state for business...someone please suggest what 4G network comes handy.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Jmain: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
volts: I stay in lekki phase 1. And I move around Lagos state for business...someone please suggest what 4G network comes handy.

In terms of better cost Swift 4G, in terms of raw speed and power . . .Smile 4G . . . . .
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Jmain: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
The SmileOn offer is the bomb . .I exhausted by quota last Monday and I have been surging on since then . . . . I love it, though they still need to do more to the pricing . . .. . . . grin
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by mikron(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
biz2get:

I guess data should finish quick when you move at close to 20mb / sec undecided
Because surfing will look like a breeze and you enjoy it for an hrs. ..
And then you know what's up
grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by mikron(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
ikaboy: Smile 4G lite is a scam. I got the device and recharged for 30GB for my office. In just two days my data cap was exhausted. Same 30GB will use initially with other network. Am so disappointed with Smile.

BEWARE GUYS!!!!!
shocked shocked
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Reduce the speed to 2mbps it would last better and turn off auto update.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by RapidBTS: 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
Boss:

We have Outdoor Antenna that works with SMILE Router

Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by odejayi200(m): 11:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
u should switch over to spectranet,it d cheapest & d best for now, d speed is superb.swift & smile should be sent out of nigeria.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by jmaine: 10:34am On Feb 21, 2015
odejayi200:
u should switch over to spectranet,it d cheapest & d best for now, d speed is superb.swift & smile should be sent out of nigeria.

Give me raw reasons with facts why Spectranet is better than Smile and Swift . . . .
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by dazekid(m): 12:12am On Feb 26, 2015
jmaine:

Give me raw reasons with facts why Spectranet is better than Smile and Swift . . . .

Can you please run a speed test with smile, 20MBPS sad sad sad
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by adeebayo: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
can another sim be used on d smile 4g franklin device?
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Refino(m): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Men are heavily spending on data here! it is well..
Well if you are in kano and quite busy getting the services below by yourself,i am readily available to give you my best shot.if you need my services you can pm me
Internet at blazing speed with reliability,H+ in action,no bandwidth limit,no fears,no tears,at your beck and call;
- N1000 per month with extra 1wk per month, then 3wks extra with consecutive subscription via mtn
- works on PCs,androids and iPhones
other services
- provision of live matches, quality entertainment TVs(MBC2,SKY movies and lots more) best news channels(CNN,ALJAZEERA, BBC and lots more) on PCs, androids and iphones
- modem unlock
- wired and wireless networking with file sharing
- PC formatting and installation
- sales of video tutorials (microsoft office,ICT,web design,video and photo editing
- android rooting ,software installation includes special softwares and 3D games
- iphone jailbreak and special software and 3D game installation
- solution to operating system and software based computer issues
+retrieval of permanently deleted files and folders
+Access to windows operating system with forgotten login password
+ retrieval of hidden files in virus infected hard drives and flash drives
+repairs of virus infected drives
- and lots more in a cyberworld of entertainment!
Its thrilling and unbelievable but i assure you ITS REAL! you only need to meet the right person to get the best of latest hitechnology
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by trendytrendz: 8:46am On Apr 26, 2015
This is my speed test on smile network as at today..its extremely fast!!!!!!.

Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by dazekid(m): 8:50am On Apr 26, 2015
trendytrendz:

Why you no wait may the test finish na, we all know when running speedtests, the speed may spike way above the normal range when it just starts. Post a screenshot of a complete test. Thanks.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by trendytrendz: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2015
dazekid:

Why you no wait may the test finish na, we all know when running speedtests, the speed may spike way above the normal range when it just starts. Post a screenshot of a complete test. Thanks.
lol..only after 10secs speedtest has guzzled 33mb, imagine if I wait till the end.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
trendytrendz:

I would advise you reduce your speed to save your data.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
trendytrendz:
lol..only after 10secs speedtest has guzzled 33mb, imagine if I wait till the end.

It's measuring your speed and not zapping your data.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by trendytrendz: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2015
cne010:

nope, That's data used by speedtest app to measure my data. My data manager keeps track of data used by all apps and speed test ish zaps data a lot. Loving the speed of smile all the same, downloaded 1gb in 12mins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by n3rve(m): 12:16am On Apr 30, 2015
Smile is available in Abuja and the speeds are awesome!
See my review: http://n3rve.com/isp-review-smile-communications-abuja-nigeria
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2015
n3rve:
Smile is available in Abuja and the speeds are awesome!
See my review: http://n3rve.com/isp-review-smile-communications-abuja-nigeria

Hey N3rve don't know if you remember me its Bigmeat how are you?
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by n3rve(m): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
I do, I knew the name looked familiar. I'm great, thank you.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by yacub: 2:29pm On May 16, 2015
I hope you have gotten your response on how you can make the modem not to show your SSID and password...if No, let me know so that i can contact you via E-mail.

gigabytes:
Am using franklin modem of smile 4g lte, the speed will make you miscalculate. I updated my norton antivirus under 3 minutes of 248MB. It was like a dream, i started it, then went to get water and i came back my norton was updated. My friend finished his 5gig under 4 days. But mine still running for 3 weeks now.

House: you can make the modem not to show your ssid and password from the modem if you go to setting and look for gui and disable it.
Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by yacub: 2:30pm On May 16, 2015
Yes I am sure you know that Smile Now exist in Abuja.
Informatics:

Re: Am I The Only One Suffering From Smile 4G LTE. by jmaine: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
cne010:

As it is measuring your speed it is zapping data, I was unfortunate to learn it the hard way when I was busy measuring speeds to impress friends and foes . . . . grin

dazekid:

Can you please run a speed test with smile, 20MBPS sad sad sad

Sorry am just seeing this comment, though to be honest I did have refused doing that after learning bitter lessons running speed test even via mobile apps.

But believe SMILE is freaking fast, with just a bar, 1.5MB/s has been my minimum download speed, when it is like 2-3 bars, it is often 1.8 -2.2MB/s download speed.

I miss my smile 4G LTE . . . . . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? / New Free 13gb Data Plane For Airtel-mtn-glo-etisalat Free Browsing For 4months / Is Your Glo BIS Still Working On Your PC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.