Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? (9621 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Yes: 15% (3 votes)
No: 84% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

When You Break A Guy's Heart (pic) / Your Previous Relationship: Why Did You Break Up? / Why Did You Break Up With Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by snazzydawn(f): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2006
This question is for the guys here.You are dating a girl and you bought a phone for her.After a while,you broke up.Would you take the phone back from her or would you leave it with her?
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Dojo(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2006
Hi Her Snazziness, cheesy
I'll leave the phone for her.That's her own share of the national cake. cool
Hope you're not a victim of this. undecided
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by snazzydawn(f): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2006
Lolzzz,ha nooo!!!I have my phone o.Just that I was pondering on it this morning.
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2006
Of Course U leave the leave with her Snazz! cheesy
the guy would be an immatured hill billie to ask for the fone lol cheesy, a total loser
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Busta(f): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2006
true, it'll be a lil immature to ask for ur gone back
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by needeeg(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2006
hmm i guess u found urself in to this snazzy, cos we guys hv this feeling's that when they said this is ur gurlfriend nomatter how u want to her keep her in a good mood always, so saying u gate ur phone back is nomal thing, maybe u just want to embras her by gating ur phone back or u just want it cos ur not together with her, lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by snazzydawn(f): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2006
well needeeg,I am not in this situation.I already had my phone before I met my man,besides,I can afford a phone if I need one.I was just pndering over the issue this morning on the road and I made sure I did not forget it so I could throw it to you guys.
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Hotstepper(f): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2006
I won't take anything back, thatz pure stupid and childish, haha, an ex b/f of ma friend did that 2 her, come and see voice messages, at first, I thought a kid was talking, datz jokes styll
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Badman888(m): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2006
when you buy something for someone its thats persons own, so taking it back is definately wrong and childish what were u thinkin b4 u bought it then.
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Seun(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2006
Almost every relationship must break up sooner or later if you're not getting married. Taking back gifts after break-ups would mean that any gift you recieve from your girlfriend/boyfriend should be considered as a lease!
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Oracle(m): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2006
Thatz right seun
taking back gifts is a bit childish
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Rhea(f): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2006
No need to ask for the gifts.

Even if she returns 70% of them (which won't happen)

What about the time you spent together?
Can you get that back too?

Isn't that worth more than all the gifts in the world,

two-folds??
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by soulpatrol(f): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2006
its not just childish, its cheap and tacky! grin grin grin grin ill so make fun of the guy afterwards for the rest of his life!
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Badman888(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2006
i kno someone that her boyfriend beat her up and took her cell phone, when she messed up
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by otokx(m): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2006
if the bobo they use nokia 1100 and bought his babe sony ericson T750, then there has to be a peaceful return of the hand set especially when the bobo was not collecting one hand.

if the bobo been dey collect one hand then the babe can insist on a peaceful exchange.

Peaceful in the sense that some boys are bad o. Families have had their houses visited by armed robbers because of break up between a boy and a girl. In such cases the amount of violence unleashed is not commensurate with the properties lost.

i heard of a boy here in UNIPoRT that bought a fridge and tv plus rug and other property for his girl friend only for the girl to leave him and then he failed his medical school exams. The boy then became so disillusioned he was like a zombie. His friends got together and went with other boys to her room and removed those properties. Her parents could not save her because they cannot afford to buy in their house what their daughter claimed was hers in school.

Some of you girls always say that you could not call or text because you don't have credit. Once the unfortunate bobo buys the recharge card of say N500 you just say thank you for 1 minute (am being generous) and then use the remaing ones on more important boys (the ones that carry moto)

A gift of a biro, top, shoe, bag should never be recovered if you ask me. The girl if should return the phone ASAP and let the guy say NO.
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Hugoboi(m): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2006
otokx:

if the bobo they use nokia 1100 and bought his babe sony ericson T750, then there has to be a peaceful return of the hand set especially when the bobo was not collecting one hand.

if the bobo been dey collect one hand then the babe can insist on a peaceful exchange.

Peaceful in the sense that some boys are bad o. Families have had their houses visited by armed robbers because of break up between a boy and a girl. In such cases the amount of violence unleashed is not commensurate with the properties lost.

i heard of a boy here in UNIPoRT that bought a fridge and tv plus rug and other property for his girl friend only for the girl to leave him and then he failed his medical school exams. The boy then became so disillusioned he was like a zombie. His friends got together and went with other boys to her room and removed those properties. Her parents could not save her because they cannot afford to buy in their house what their daughter claimed was hers in school.

Some of you girls always say that you could not call or text because you don't have credit. Once the unfortunate bobo buys the recharge card of say N500 you just say thank you for 1 minute (am being generous) and then use the remaing ones on more important boys (the ones that carry moto)

A gift of a biro, top, shoe, bag should never be recovered if you ask me. The girl if should return the phone ASAP and let the guy say NO.

WORD
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by soulpatrol(f): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2006
@ otokx. you're too funny! grin grin grin well said
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by diddy4(m): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2006
by gifts, you guys mean only phone and stuff. let me say my own. the only thing i will take back from her is the diamond ring i gave to her. i wont lie. if i buy her any other thing on earth, i will leave it for her but ones it is diamond? im taking it back. dis is my own.
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Hotstepper(f): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2006
unless u r blindly inlove like diz Hollywood celebrities, den u will buy ur g/f a diamond ring, lol
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by soulpatrol(f): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2006
im trying to imagine you looking into her eyes and demanding your ring back. cheapskate! cool just hope she doesnt pawn it. i would!
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by diddy4(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2006
i have done it b4 and with the look on my face you wil even be shaking when you taking it off your fingers. i dont mess with diamonds and i know they are girls bestfriends so to get them ask for it back and see how hurt they will look.
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by dipotepede(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2006
Hmmmm. this is a difficult topic.

It all depends what you mean by gift.

If you plan to marry this girl; your gift might be different.

If you are interested in sleeping with this girl; your gift might be different.

If you were infatuated; your gift might be different.

It all depends on the scenario. Lets take the example of marriage. A guy goes steady with a babe and marriage is his ultimate plan. He shares all his possessions like giving her one of his cars to drive ( assuming he has two) then the babe comes with the story and reasons for break-up. Suppose, the babe don fall for another bobo. Should the guy give the babe the car?
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by kellorah: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2006
depends on the gift
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2006
soulpatrol:

im trying to imagine you looking into her eyes and demanding your ring back. cheapskate! cool just hope she doesnt pawn it. i would!

Dear, asking for your ring back is not being a cheapskate. If you think so pls go buy 3 rings and dash it to any boy who has broken your heart. It is irresponsible and shows the poor moral character of the girl to pawn the ring she was given. it shows she does not respect the guy and is nothing but a gold digger! A responsible lady returns an engagement ring after breaking off an engagement with a man!

There are circumstances when it is proper or not proper to take back gifts! If i buy you an expensive gift and you cheat on me or walk out for not reason, there's no way i'm letting you get away with that new phone, car or ring! Pls give them back, the essence of relationship should not be turned into a cheao avenue for irresponsible females to gather things they normally would not be able to afford!
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by kellorah: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2006
i'll definitely return an engagement ring though. i dont want memories !!
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by Hugoboi(m): 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2006
kellorah:

i'll definitely return an engagement ring though. i don't want memories !!

Nice thinking.It ought to be returned anyway.Fancy keeping an engagement ring while the dude is getting hitched to sumone else!! funny indeed grin grin grin
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by kellorah: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2006
well, or else, it'll be like youre not over him yet
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by soulpatrol(f): 6:03pm On Jul 18, 2006
im just trying to imagine how awkward it would be to ask for something back after you gave it to her as a gift. i wouldnt pawn the ring of course that was a joke, the right thing would be to return it even before he asks. but when he asks for it first, i just think its kind of tacky. its like a child saying "gimme back my sweet! youre not my friend anymore". know what i mean? to me that takes off points big time
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by kellorah: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2006
i wouldnt even wait for him to ask
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by SirKay3(m): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2006
It happened to me many years ago, before I got married to my wife. We broke up for two solid years when we were dating each other and I never gave a hoot about all I gave to her, even when she insisted on returning them.

Till tomorrow, that's part of what she said gave her a true notion about me, even though I went totally blank when we broke up. Never knew we'ld eventually be hubby and wifey after the breakup.

It's a childish behaviour to me
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by kellorah: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2006
awwww
Re: Will You Take Back Your Gifts When You Break Up? by bobotee(m): 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2006
I will not do that. How would she remember the good times we shared 2gether?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry Palava: Babes N Stupidity / 3 Most Sexy Words To Say To A Woman / Children Produced From Green Card Marriage How Do They Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.