Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,534 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures (35162 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Ramadan Fasting Continues In Nigeria On Saturday, August 18, 2012 / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
kennyamusa: that you grew up among christians doesn't make u one,and it doesn't even answer my question ? I hope u have read the bible well ?
dnt mind them, once they see such rubbish like "I grew up in a christian home, or I go to church" they make u up to be "Biblical practising follower of Christ --- what true Christian is". Its a shame the case wit islam is different, because u it is binding u cram d quran in arabic(allah's divine language) witout knowledge of it, even at an early age. This is not the case with Christians, we study in whatever language we can undastnd
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire: Ok good question. Let us say that I go and cause bodily harm to Obinna and while doing so proclaim that it is the will of Vikky014, does that really make it your will that I commit violence under your name?
Hope you get my point?
muslims never try to interact reasonably, he said tell us what allah's will is, not give analogy! And even d stupid analogy is rubbish, did Vikky014 write a book that u used to support the harm u inflicted on Obinna?

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire: Ok good question. Let us say that I go and cause bodily harm to Obinna and while doing so proclaim that it is the will of Vikky014, does that really make it your will that I commit violence under your name?
Hope you get my point?
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
lestat: What amazes me is how Islam is one United Religion, not catholic, deeper life, protestant, Anglican etc. I really love Islam from the depths of my heart, i am a christian but surely we have alot to learn from this beautiful religion.

. Muslims are terrible liars! Islam is 1 united religion ke? Are u kiddin me? I tot we have buried dis lie centuries ago? Ok let's review it. Why are there islamic sects? Sunni, Shia, Shitte, Wahabis, Salafi, Bokoharam, Ahmadiyya, etc? Infact this sects kills eachoda in Pakistan, so what's so uniting abt islam, since they all claim to be islamic? And u claim to be Christian but its pathetic to see that u dnt even know that Christianity isn't a Religion but a way of Life, Christianity is someone's way of Life, --- Christ's and to be a Christian is to follow Christ, not to belong to a group of people. Smh! I doubt u are Christian
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Keemie:
The verse says?Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth?.
My question to you brother. Does this verse stop here? No it doesnt. It continues and gives the actual reason as to the fighting. This is the continuation: ??until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued?.
1.PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS.
This verse doesn?t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fightonly thosenon-Muslims who do not pay jizya ? the state tax. And we all know that jizya is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So to put this verse as an excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply.
I can show whole verses from other scriptures that are truly inhuman, yet no one questions them. Do you want a sample? Ill give it to you at the end. I promise.
2.THE VERSE DOES NOT ASK THE MUSLIMS TO DO FORCEFUL CONVERSIONS.
Again, the verse permits the muslims to fight the non muslims in an islamic stateONLY and ONLY if they refuse to pay the jizya Willingly. Re-read the verse fromANYtranslation if you are not sure. But once they pay the jizya tax they can continue to believe in their atheistic pagan beliefs, but it will be under an Islamic state. You can still forgive them by not forcing them into Islam, nor oppressing them or being bad to them because of their wrong beliefs.
3.QURAN NEVER SAYS TO KILL THE DISBELIEVERS JUST BECAUSE THEY DISBELIEVE.
I openly challenge you to show me ONE verse from the Quran which says to kill the disbelievers just because they are disbelievers.There are verses which permit the Muslims to fight and kill non-Muslims. But every time sensible and reasonable conditions are laid. I can show you all verses from other religious scriptures where slaughtering is done for reasons that are as silly and stupid as honor, glory and greatness. Sometimes for fun too. Wait till the end of the article to have a sample.
4.JIZYA ISN?T A RANSOM OR A BAD THING
Coming back to the verse, now people might say isn?t it unfair that they have to pay the jizya tax? Not really.Since when is punishment for refusal to pay lawful taxes considered as terrorism?Also, the jizya tax is very cheap and affordable, and it grants the non-Muslim?s many benefits, benefits which even the Muslims don?t get! For instance,the non-Muslims who are paying jizya in an Islamic state are not obliged to take part in any battle or war, unless they themselves choose to,the Muslims do not have this choice. Muslims have to actually burn their asses out to protect both Muslims and non-Muslims living in their lands. Also if the Islamic state cannot grant protection to the non-Muslims then the non-Muslims are not obliged to pay the jizya tax, since Muslims themselves must meet expectations for the jizya tax to be implemented.Also, Society today has no problem in paying taxes to the government, so therefore they should have no problem in paying a tax in an Islamic state either.
There you go my friend, verse 9:29 doesn?t encourage the muslims to do terrorism. It is a perfectly fair and just verse. Just throw this article on the face of anybody who tries to misrepresent islam to you in the future.
5.EVERY AUTHENTIC TRANSLATION OF THE QURAN HAS THE WORD ?UNTIL? OR ?TILL? IN THE VERSE 9:29
I could lay my hands on 7 different english translations of the quran andALL OF THEM HAVE THE CONDITION:-
1.?[And] fight against those who ? despite having been vouchsafed revelation [aforetime] ? do not [truly] believe either in God or the last Day, and do not consider forbidden that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and do not follow the religion of truth [which God has enjoined upon the],till they [agree to] pay the exemption tax with a willing hand,after having been humbled [in war]?9:29 Asad?s Translation
2.?Fight those people of the Book (Jews and Christians) who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day, do not refrain from what has been prohibited by Allah and His Rasool and do not embrace the religion of truth (Al-Islam),until they pay Jizya (protection tax) with their own handsand feel themselves subdued.?9:29Malik?s Translation
3.?Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth (even if they are) of the People of the Bookuntil they pay the Jizya with willing submissionand feel themselves subdued.?9:29 Yusuf Ali?s Translation
4.?Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the religion of truth,until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.?9:29 Pickthall?s Translation
5.?Fight against those who believe not in Allâh, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians),until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.?9:29 Muhsin Khan?s Translation
6.?Fight those People of the Book who do not believe in Allah, nor in the Last Day, and do not take as unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have declared as unlawful, and do not profess the Faith of Truth; (fight them)until they pay jizyah with their own handswhile they are subdued.?9:29 Mufti Taqi Usmani?s Translation
7.?Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture ? [fight]until they give the jizyah willinglywhile they are humbled.?9:29 Sahih International Translation
6.FIGHTING NEED NOT ALWAYS BE PHYSICAL, IT CAN ALSO BE INTELLECTUAL
Finally, people might now say well isn?t Islam violent because Muslims are commanded to fight those who do not believe in God and so on etc etc. Not really, because fighting in this verse does not explicitly mean physical violence. Observe the words in the above verses like?willingly?,?willing submission?,?readily?etc.Here it is spoken about bringing a change from within the hearts of people which is brought about intellectually. There are many ways in which you fight against somebody that does not involve a physical aspect. You can fight someone with the tongue, using your wisdom and telling him about the truth, you are fighting against the lies that person is propagating and eventually with your tongue you will speak the truth and crush his lies leading him to the truth. So fighting does not have to only be physical.
But alas! We totally over look these things when we mindlessly base allegations on the Quran. I never comment on any religion until I have read and understood ALL their scriptures. I don?t just google out some anti-religious sites to come up with instant allegations. This is so unfair.
7.Quick Noble Verses that refute theterrorism LIEin Islam:
?Fight in the cause of God those who fight you,but do not transgress limits;for God loveth not transgressors.(The Noble Quran, 2:190)?
?But if the enemy incline towards peace,do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things).(The Noble Quran, 8:61)?
?If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me,it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds.(The Noble Quran, 5:28)?
?God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought youabout religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers.(The Noble Quran, 60:cool?
?And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God.But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers.(The Noble Quran 2:193)?
?Let there be no compulsion in religion:Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.(The Noble Quran, 2:256)?
?Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to God?s will) in Islam.Leave them alone, to enjoy (the good things of this life) and to please themselves: let (false) hope amuse them: soon will knowledge (undeceive them).(The Noble Quran, 15:2-3)?
?Say, ?The truth is from your Lord?:Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it):??(The Noble Quran, 18:29)?
?If it had been thy Lord?s will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth!wilt thou then COMPEL mankind, against their will, to believe!(The Noble Quran, 10:99)?
?Say: ?Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger: but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance.The Messenger?s dutyis only to preachthe clear (Message).(The Noble Quran, 24:54)?
?Say : O ye that reject Faith! I worship not that which ye worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship.To you be your Way, and to me mine.(The Noble Quran, 109:1-6)
http://prophetrejectors./929-at-tauba-of-quran-doesnt-encourage-muslims-to-terrorism/
this article is too long and very crappy and its even against common sense just as islam is. So a series of questions shld expose the stupidity and barbarism of d verse. 1. Why shld I pay Jizya in my own country? 2. have u studied d islamic caliphate and know how much Jizya is? 3. Under islamic caliphate, they also pay another tax apart from the Jizya. 4. If its not forced conversion I wonder what it is, since if u dnt convert den u r a dhimmi and must pay Jizya, if not u will die, its not really a choice for someone who can't pay the bills. 5. Jihad is fighting in the way of allah, and to even reach a status of demanding Jizya, dnt u think ppl would hv first opposed it? Or u believe in Nigeria for example, u will tell us u want to take over and collect Jizya and we would let u do it "peacefully"? 6. Infact the caliphate preferred collecting Jizya as it made them richer and muslims whom where already looting caravans no longer needed to do such but ask for it legally... All dis shows how barbaric the verse is and how islamic idea is nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dej..dnt mind dt kobo...,dey lyk running away frm d truth of QUARAN,,wic BOKOHARAM REPRESENTS
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: Brando & kobo,u guys shld stp d sermon,give me ur english version of Quaran let me read,or beta still direct me to whr i can get mine so dat i wil knw the truth abt ur rligion.,*enuf said*
dejilg: muslims never try to interact reasonably, he said tell us what allah's will is, not give analogy! And even d stupid analogy is rubbish[/b], did Vikky014 write a book that u used to support the harm u inflicted on Obinna?
You are both bigots and so I am unable to continue this discussion with you in any logical manner.
PS: I am not Muslim FYI

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
Abanicwise:

Where did it came from ,pls?
the Bible is inspired by YHWH, YHWH used his faithful servants to record human history and God's intervention. Quran is a product of muhammed's mind attributed to allah. The Bible isn't from allah but from YHWH (Yahweh).
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 7:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire:
You are both harebrained individuals. The former completely devoid of logic and the latter a jobless poke nose and woman wrapper.
I have a policy of terminating a discussion with and mügû I spot on NL, so see you clowns later.
lolzz, u can never respond to me! All u resort to is attacking me. Respond to the question! What is allah's will?
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: lolzz, u can never respond to me! All u resort to is attacking me. Respond to the question! What is allah's will?
i apologize for that earlier post - please see the updated/modified post. Thanks.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire:
You are both harebrained individuals. The former completely devoid of logic and the latter a jobless poke nose and woman wrapper.
I have a policy of terminating the discussion with any mügûs I spot on NL, so see you clowns later.
u mean u hv a policy of running away when u can't handle d truth? If am a woman wrapper, wat is muhammed? He is menstrual wrapper! Pus.sy messenger called allah's messenger
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: u mean u hv a policy of running away when u can't handle d truth? If am a woman wrapper, wat is muhammed? He is menstrual wrapper! Pus.sy messenger called allah's messenger
Please see my earlier response.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire:
You are both bigots and so I am unable to continue this discussion with you in any logical manner.
PS: I am not Muslim FYI
brado already gave me clearquaran.com so dnt kill urslf
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: brado already gave me clearquaran.com so dnt kill urslf
if you are not able to engage in meaningful discussions without resorting to sweeping generalized statements like "all Muslims do this ....", "Islam does this .." then there is no basis for having a conversation.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire: Please see my earlier response.
yeah, the one in which u declared u r devoid of logic and can't stand cos the truth has got u running?
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: yeah, the one in which u declared u r devoid of logic and can't stand cos the truth has got u running?
if you are not able to engage in meaningful discussions without resorting to sweeping generalized statements like "all Muslims do this ....", "Islam does this .." then there is no basis for having a conversation.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: brado already gave me clearquaran.com so dnt kill urslf
Vikky go ahead, he seems to wanna prey and lie to u, I'd give u a "heads up" wen his taqiyya (lying in favour of islam - quran backed/commanded) kicks in. Enjoy
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire: if you are not able to engage in meaningful discussions without resorting to sweeping generalized statements like "all Muslims do this ....", "Islam does this .." then there is no basis for having a conversation.
why don't u just summarize all dis? Tell everyone how scared u r in answering me when I confront u with facts?
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: Vikky go ahead, he seems to wanna prey and lie to u, I'd give u a "heads up" wen his taqiyya (lying in favour of islam - quran backed/commanded) kicks in. Enjoy
dej,dnt hav his time since he cant EXPLAIN Allah's will for me
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: why don't u just summarize all dis? Tell everyone how scared u r in answering me when I confront u with facts?
what facts? You are just engaging in bigotry and over generalizations. Ok, a couple of Christian traders in Aba market kill a robber by burning a tyre around his neck. Does that make all Christians murderers? There are over 1 billion plus Muslims in the world and you are making over generalized sweeping statements about them/Islam. What's the logic in that - tell me??
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2014
Kobonaire enjoy,RAMADAN KAREEM!GUD9T,dej leave Kobo alone*goes to slip*
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: Kobonaire enjoy,RAMADAN KAREEM!GUD9T,dej leave Kobo alone*goes to slip*
same to you ... I am not Muslim but I do tolerate others regardless of our religious/ethnic differences. I encourage you to do the same. That is Jesus's teaching.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Kobonaire,pls ur last exampl is uncalled for,Christain means christlike,bc am nt a muslim doesnt automatically makes me a christain,pls

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: Kobonaire,pls ur last exampl is uncalled for,Christain means christlike,bc am nt a muslim doesnt automatically makes me a christain,pls
ok - what religion do you practice if I may ask? Or are you agnostic? I respect all choices btw.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2014
Haba,kobonaire,U R NT A MUSLIM?PLS DNT CONFUSE ME O
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: Haba,kobonaire,U R NT A MUSLIM?PLS DNT CONFUSE ME O
yes I'm not, if you lived in a cosmopolitan/integrated society like Lagos you will not be making the kind of bigoted and ignorant statements you have been making.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
Kobonaire am living a lifestyle dnt hav religion,i believe in GOD ALMIGHTY THE MAKER OF Heavn & Earth
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
Kobonaire so askn wht Allah's will is,is a bigotry statement to you?dis simply proves u r a muslim.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by Vikky014(f): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: Vikky go ahead, he seems to wanna prey and lie to u, I'd give u a "heads up" wen his taqiyya (lying in favour of islam - quran backed/commanded) kicks in. Enjoy
TNX JARE gud9t
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
Vikky014: Kobonaire so askn wht Allah's will is,is a bigotory statement to you?dis simply proves u r a muslim.
i am not sure how else to convince you my dear but even if I am does it make it right for you to make sweeping/generalized statements about a whole religion?

Vikky014: Kobonaire am living a lifestyle dnt hav religion,i believe in GOD ALMIGHTY THE MAKER OF Heavn & Earth
thats nice and cool - I like that.
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by kobonaire(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
dejilg: why don't u just summarize all dis? Tell everyone how scared u r in answering me when I confront u with facts?
what facts are you talking about? Whenever you start a statement like this
1) All Muslims are ....
2) All Christians are ...
3) All Igbos are ...
It automatically makes you a bigot and there is no room to have a meaningful discussion.
Get rid of your ignorance .... the internet is a good resource and useful in educating yourself.
Here's the definition of bigotry
Re: The Spirit Of Ramadan Fasting In Pictures by dejilg(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
kobonaire: what facts? You are just engaging in bigotry and over generalizations. Ok, a couple of Christian traders in Aba market kill a robber by burning a tyre around his neck. Does that make all Christians murderers? There are over 1 billion plus Muslims in the world and you are making over generalized sweeping statements about them/Islam. What's the logic in that - tell me??
ur foolishness will never cease to amaze me, how on earth does killing a robber same as abducting or blowing up world trade centre? Did these aba marketers put up d Bible to give the reason for killing dem? Or did dey chant "Jesus is Great/Greatest" while at it? It seems u just can't think well...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tragedy As Alfa Slumps And Dies In Oyo State (Photos) / First And Second Glance At Women (Photo) / Types Of Wives At Ileya Family Gathering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.