Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,484 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? (16601 Views)

10 Cultural Taboos In Yorubaland! (things You Must Never Do) / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / Taboos/abomination!: List Actions/deeds That Are Deemed Taboos In Your Culture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by MissSlimbody(f): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2014
̶̷̩̥̊͡ђã†̥ of †ђξ 1 inside pocket or wallet grin
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Glocee(f): 11:24am On Jul 21, 2014
Prowizy2:

Bayelsa
Okay, tanx
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by kaima1984(f): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2014
Prowizy2:

Nembe, bayelsa
ok
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by MissSlimbody(f): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2014
In Wula,Boki LGA of Cross River... Ɣ☺ΰ̊ dnt fish 4rm †ђξ village stream,der bliv †ђξ fishes ą♈ҙ their ancestors, if Ɣ☺ΰ̊. C som1 dat hanged him/herself Ɣ☺ΰ̊'ll av u̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ cut u̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ hair or somtin bad wil happen αη∂ if som1 hanged him/herself they dnt bring †ђξ person down; they jst dig a grave beneath †ђξ person αη∂ cut †ђξ rope αη∂ †ђξ person fall straight in2 †ђξ grave.

But ℓ̊ dnt bliv in dis taboo nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Barselonia(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2014
well It's a taboo to bring a stranger to our community at night and at night is advised to cover your room mirror with something

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 21, 2014
anitank: It's a taboo in my village to eat ogbono soup, you'll drown in the village river anytime you go there. The 'river goddess' forbids it. You'll find ogbono leaves growing all around the river, but they never drop into the river.

But guess what? Ogbono is my Family's favourite soup cheesy
Are u from Asaba?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by anitank(f): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Stanleyelege:
Are u from Asaba?
Yes Boss cheesy
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by ixora3(f): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
It is a taboo to eat three leave yam in my village.bt d tin swt die

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
@All, Please endeavor to include the name of the village with the taboo
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Yomieluv: I don't live my life on man made law,I live it the way I like,with restriction I created myself,not by anybody,or god that has ceased to exist for a very long time.
Marry ur sister/brother, then. Since, u dnt obey any restriction.
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by reaky(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
sad just found out few days ago
From my girlfriend
that it's a taboo for her to eat snail
She's from akpujiogu AJALI LGA Anambra state.

It scares me because i over like snails in my soup

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by ruffplay: 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ruff play
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Otamayomi1(f): 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Youngreinhard: kissI dont even know my village...
[color=#990000][/color]

yeyyyy. Logbatan.
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by joshrare(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
In ma village, its a taboo to have protected sex grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by SkinnyDude(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Crixie: nooo.. Oraifite

ok
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by pussyeater(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
For my place ehn! U can't Bleep in the afternoon oh*** Pls dont ask me where I'm from and why
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by pussyeater(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
reaky: sad just found out few days ago
From my girlfriend
that it's a taboo for her to eat snail
She's from akpujiogu AJALI LGA Anambra state.

It scares me because i over like snails in my soup
Which kind snail? The one wey get hair for the surrounding?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by mezebel(f): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abortion is a taboo in my village. Once done,death follows
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by njiaka(f): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Its a taboo to eat 3leave yam called ona and marry an osu
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by ajasa4link: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
It's a taboo to eat dog meat in my village,Anybody who violates this either knowingly or unknowingly will bark to death. Heard there was a great fire outbreak a very long time ago in the village on a sunny afternoon when all men and women have gone to their respective farms leaving behind the little ones in the village. The dogs being the ones left at home with the babies had to craftily carry the babies out of the burning houses, thereby saving the babies in the absence of adults in the village. Thus, a pact was signed between the indigene and the dogs with villagers eternally indebted to the dog race.
Though I don't believe the story sha, but I will never try to find out whether taboo is real or not
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Nicepoker(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Youngreinhard: kissI dont even know my village...
am sure u never met ur dad
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Mrsilya: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2014
The dawary of a lady who got pregnant out of wed luck (and moved in with the guy) is not paid, till after a successful delivery. If not there will be setbacks in her marriage and the family.
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by LushGreenz: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Prowizy2: In my place its a taboo for a visitor to ask for pillow. You'll wake up in the middle of the night sleeping on a python

So scary stuff!
Re: What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2014
anitank:
Yes Boss cheesy
[color=#990000][/color]

Dats awesome. Am from Ibusa but an ezenei Avenue brought up. Nwa ada jisike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do African's Love Asian People? / Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties / The Ijaws That I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.