Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,426 members, 7,781,244 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (3291 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: In reference to those link you posted, there was no full specification.

how so sir?

It tells you processor, memory configuration, hard drive space, and OS type (Windows), Are you also looking for kind of battery and stuff?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yep, i want a laptop i can use for more than 5years.
Fulaman198:

how so sir?

It tells you processor, memory configuration, hard drive space, and OS type (Windows), Are you also looking for kind of battery and stuff?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Yep, i want a laptop i can use for more than 5years.

The specs below are taken from their website:

See attached picture what else are you looking for in regards to specs they are all listed.

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Yep, i want a laptop i can use for more than 5years.

With those specs you should be able to use it for 5 years as long as you are not a hardcore gamer.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

how so sir?

Please i need you to go through this http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/lenevo-laptops/laptops---and---notebooks-75/a-t/s/
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Please i need you to go through this http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/lenevo-laptops/laptops---and---notebooks-75/a-t/s/

That is a UAE website, What is your spending limit there?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

That is a UAE website, What is your spending limit there?
1500 AED. 1 AED = 45naira.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: 1500 AED. 1 AED = 45naira.

Ok one moment, and I will link you what you are looking for.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: Thats 62k. Fair enough?

Yah all those computers are good computers.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

The keypad is normal, but have Arabic signs on it.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Bawss1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

If you work for a good company when you get out of university, you can get discounts on their products.

Lol. When I get out of university? grin grin That was years ago.

Anyways tell me more about getting a discount on Lenovo products
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: The keypad is normal, but have Arabic signs on it.

Oh ok, in that case then you should be ok with all the computers I linked, just stay away from DOS.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
Bawss1:

Some companies give incentives/rewards programmes that allow you to get discounts on Lenovo devices. Even after the discount, they are still relatively pricey. I don't have a Lenovo though, I have an Asus grin
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 9:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh ok, in that case then you should be ok with all the computers I linked, just stay away from DOS.
What's DOS?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
Olarewajub: What's DOS?

It is an old operating system that is no longer used. Windows took its place.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

It is an old operating system that is no longer used. Windows took its place.
10K to ship the laptop from Dubai to Lagos. It's too much. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
Bawss1:

Lenovo outlet. You get manufacturer refurbished at half the price.

And it comes with all the packaging metal.

Bought a w700 from there some years back

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Bawss1(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Would they have the Yoga 11s? Refurbished shocked
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Olarewajub: 5:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Bro i urgently need your help. The Lenovo G500 is not AMD.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Olarewajub: Bro i urgently need your help. The Lenovo G500 is not AMD.

Is it not an Intel core i5 general two processor? That's very good.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by bigfrancis21: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Fulaman198:

Fulaman, what are the recent types of CPU processors in the market as of last year and this year?
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 12:51am On Aug 13, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Fulaman, what are the recent types of CPU processors in the market as of last year and this year?

They are codenamed Haswell. They come in core i3, i5 and i7 configurations. Broadwell, whilst not available as of yet will be available later this year and early 2015.

The newest processors have improvements in integrated graphics and have stellar battery life.

If you can hold out/wait I recommend getting a core broadwell series.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
I'm beginning to to consider Acer undecided
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by great289(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

bro wats d best laptop one cn gt at 120k.
Re: What Are The Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop by Villymoore(m): 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hello Nairalanders,

Does any one knows about "MEDION" Laptop, how good is this product?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Internet Connection In Uyo,akwa Ibom State / How To Add Contacts On Yahoo Messenger With Starcomms? / My Laptop Battery Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.