Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (44968 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
texaco1: I think what happens is that most of them using paypal on ebay from nigeria always ask the seller to ship to nigeria, this automatically raises an alarm and some unscrupulous merchants may raise an alarm so that the order can be cancelled and money forfeited. Ppl using paypal should be careful. Look out for top rated seller and try to minimise the use of the word nigeria[just kidding]. But try and gett a usa address ,and make that address ur default shipping address,don't change it when u get to check out page only. How are u bro?

I'm doing great my brother. Don't you think changing address may raise suspicions and against ebay policy?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
drakeskull:

ebay keeeee, as long as i am in naija, ebay should go and ................

Purchased another item there sha but thru myus.com though. They will do the whole transaction for me

You should try it next time but not with expensive stuffs. Also only buy one thing at a time ie receive ur initial order b4 placing the next. This might help you build your feedbacks with eBay.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
babseg:

I'm doing great my brother. Don't you think changing address may raise suspicions and against ebay policy?
no it doesn't, ur billing doesn't necessarily have to be ur shipping,I have used my paypal to pay for people items on ttheir ebay account on numerous occasions .but it has to be added tto the address account before going to checkout , but this is my own view
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2014
drakeskull:

Purchased another item there sha but thru myus.com though. They will do the whole transaction for me

congrats but it would be good to resolve your issue with that account in case you decide to operate on ebay tomorrow from any country. just an advice though

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Dewze(m): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
CityNG:

And then when they get caught circumnavigating eBays policy that they agreed to then they'll blame it on Yahoo boys.

How is using a US shipping address circumnavigating ebay policy?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Dewze:

Many various ways but I did not even say that.

There are other ways that Nigerians try to game the eBay system.

Is your freight forwarder (or family or friend) aware of various DOJ export restrictions on certain US goods?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by miqos02(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2014
babseg:

it is not advisable,if u change ur primary address to us address u will need to provide a us phone number and in case any issue arises ebay will insist on calling u on that number
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 6:04am On Jul 18, 2014
Dewze:

I wonder ooo. Because in that post of mine I specifically mentioned only us shipping address to be used as default.how itt violates ebay policy still baffles me ,maybe he will explain his points. I change my shipping anytime I want and nothing has ever happened .
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 18, 2014
texaco1: I wonder ooo. Because in that post of mine I specifically mentioned only us shipping address to be used as default.how itt violates ebay policy still baffles me ,maybe he will explain his points. I change my shipping anytime I want and nothing has ever happened .

So there you go. No need for any explanation as it works for you.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2014
texaco1: I wonder ooo. Because in that post of mine I specifically mentioned only us shipping address to be used as default.how itt violates ebay policy still baffles me ,maybe he will explain his points. I change my shipping anytime I want and nothing has ever happened .

Just one of ebays flaws or loop hole
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Isiterere(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2014
[b] life is all about risk . Thanks the op got his money back.

I actually opened eBay February this year, I had a difficulty in linking my paypal then, did some bidding and won but was unable to make payment for those items. EBay keep sending me a reminder to pay the items; I sent a message to those sellers that I was unable to make the payment in order not to get my account suspended. The offer was cancelled and there was no calls for alarms. Just when I heard paypal now available in Nigeria, I opened a new one with a new email address, linked my gtb mastercard, got verified. Went straight back to my eBay for some bidding (5bids;Q5,android laptop,HP mini and 1 sneakers and 1 shirt) I asked all the sellers if they can ship to Nigeria,all of them said YES, when I came accross this thread I became worried that I don't want to loose any dime to oyinbo . I stop increasing my bid on the Q5,the two laptops . I concentrate on the shirt and sneakers only which I won. I noticed paypal placed a limit on my account; was told I have to do 5 identity clarification (photo ID ,password change, address confirmation,card verification, I forgot d last 1 ) photo ID __ I used my employment ID card, address confirmation ___i munched my cv's address section , the other 3 was resolved instantly but photo ID and address took like 24hours. While having this issue's I sent a message to the sellers on my challenges(payment). After 24hours I received a mail from paypal that my account access is now granted and I quickly paid for the sneakers on the 16th (the seller gave me a positive feedback on my rating )and it was shipped this morning 18th (I received a mail from the seller and eBay; my eBay update also showed shipped under my item) I belief eBay and paypal will be a good idea in Nigeria on the long run. Patiently waiting for my items.
ALL IZZ WELL [/b]

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by dridowu: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
@Isiterere have u revcd ur tracking number also ?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by pickabeau1: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
drakeskull: At last, my payment finally refunded. grin grin grin

Update the first post and post screenshots
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Jolly247: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
dridowu: Hi, can i buy directly from amazon without using a 3rd party ?
You can buy directly from amazon only if can link your master card to your amazon account. (e.g Gtb or firstbank: any of these two because those are the ones I have used and they worked). But the major problem will be shipping, because some item attract custom duties, so most sellers will not want to ship outside the United State.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Jolly247: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
babseg:

that will raise suspicion. onces you log in into your account they know where you are log in from, because as a security measure they read IP address to know where you are loging in from
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jolly247: that will raise suspicion. onces you log in into your account they know where you are log in from, because as a security measure they read IP address to know where you are loging in from

And then they'll start blaming eBay/PayPal for them violating their due process.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jolly247: that will raise suspicion. onces you log in into your account they know where you are log in from, because as a security measure they read IP address to know where you are loging in from

Well texaco1 said that he normally does it that way
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
babseg:

Well texaco1 said that he normally does it that way
there is nothing special about ebay. I have logged in my ebay acc from many countries and changed the shipping quiet a number of times too.maybe I have been lucky , but when u use paypal it is just like using amazon. If u log in to ur account and change the billing and shipping and make a purchase of any amout this will raise a flag. But u can use ur ebay to buy an item for ur mom in another state today and ur sister in another state the following week . What fraudsters do is to quickly change the billing to match the card they want to use and paypal will flag it. Even amazon will stop a transaction If u suddenly change the billing and shipping. Ppl buy items and send it directly to their loved ones . That is why it is essential you first add it in your address book and not at the checkout page . This is my opinion anyway

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
CityNG:

And then they'll start blaming eBay/PayPal for them violating their due process.
bros I don't like arguing at all. I logged into my acc at one time and couldn't make a purchase ,I contacted my friend in london to help me buy the item,he logged in from london ,de linked my paypal ,added his own paypal and made the purchase so what is the big big big deal about ebay! The way most of u guys are talking about ebay is as if they are almighty ,if u can prove ur case ,the worst is they will cancel and refund ur money.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
texaco1: bros I don't like arguing at all. I logged into my acc at one time and couldn't make a purchase ,I contacted my friend in london to help me buy the item,he logged in from london ,de linked my paypal ,added his own paypal and made the purchase so what is the big big big deal about ebay! The way most of u guys are talking about ebay is as if they are almighty ,if u can prove ur case ,the worst is they will cancel and refund ur money.

When have I said eBay is almighty?

No need to argue, simply state your opinion.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2014

It won't with the right IP protocol but not with IP using Proxy Server protocol as it is against their T.O.S

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
drakeskull:

Using myus personal shopping service to me is a waste of money when you can buy it yourself to be sent to your myus address given to you.

I do buy on ebay myself and then ship to my myus address which will then be sent to me via DHL once I request shipment.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
babseg:

20 days Jeez. Next time if you will still want to use ebay/paypal in the future, I will advise you to first transfer funds from your mastercard to paypal. its easier this way to make quick payment or getting a refund. Goodluck

Cool piece of advise but the feature is not available for Nigeria PayPal yet.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
legalwealth:

Cool piece of advise but the feature is not available for Nigeria PayPal yet.

They will add the features soon
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 11:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
babseg:

They will add the features soon

Can't say but I believe it will be added.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 20, 2014
legalwealth:

I believe they will too.

As long as they are not chased away, again, by the criminal sectors in our society who are always looking for ways to game the system.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
legalwealth:

yes, i think so too because first bank has a paypal wallet on their online platform
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
mavinc4u:

yes, i think so too because first bank has a paypal wallet on their online platform

Someone told me about that yesterday.
Have you make use of that and how is it.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 1:50am On Jul 21, 2014
legalwealth:

someone told you about what? well, if you are referring to first bank paypal wallet then the tab button is not yet effective
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by edunola: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pls oooo house help me out ooo i have a friend in uk whom we have been chatting together for about 3months nw.she now promised to send 1000ponds to me today through ePay and truly i got an alert on my phone this morning the msg goes thus. Transaction notification. Sender: Natasha owen. Amount: £1,000. Transaction code: Uk***NG. Contact our care line for your acct registration: 08170788357. Gurus i called and i was told to come to abuja to complete my registration here is the office address sent to me. Office address: plot 26 josi marti crescent asokoro, Abuja. Come alone with your identification and your registration fee of #9200 with another mesage. Bank details. Acct no: 3010352470. Acct name: Williams david. Bank: Skye. Pay in with your acct full name and send the teller no for your acct registration. Pls house who has done this kind of transaction in the said office in abuja. And it this alert realy i have been trying to contact the friend of mine but she is not picking. Dem wan maga me oooooo pls hlp
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
legalwealth:

is effective now. you can now use it. i guess they listened to my advice. it is actually good for people yet to create paypal account as it would boost their confirmation and identification. Enjoy!!!
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by legalwealth(m): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
edunola: Pls oooo house help me out ooo i have a friend in uk whom we have been chatting together for about 3months nw.she now promised to send 1000ponds to me today through ePay and truly i got an alert on my phone this morning the msg goes thus. Transaction notification. Sender: Natasha owen. Amount: £1,000. Transaction code: Uk***NG. Contact our care line for your acct registration: 08170788357. Gurus i called and i was told to come to abuja to complete my registration here is the office address sent to me. Office address: plot 26 josi marti crescent asokoro, Abuja. Come alone with your identification and your registration fee of #9200 with another mesage. Bank details. Acct no: 3010352470. Acct name: Williams david. Bank: Skye. Pay in with your acct full name and send the teller no for your acct registration. Pls house who has done this kind of transaction in the said office in abuja. And it this alert realy i have been trying to contact the friend of mine but she is not picking. Dem wan maga me oooooo pls hlp

Thank God you know that they want to maga you.
Then decide!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria / What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.