Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week (2703 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / What I Saw In Umuahia, Abia State Last Week (picture) / Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Ogbonaikenna(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
162 troops desert Nigerian
Army within last week as Boko
Haram losses kill morale
Monday, 14 July 2014 14:36
MILITARY commanders fear that
as many as 162 soldiers deserted
the Nigerian Army last week as
morale sinks to an all-time low
due to the ongoing success
terrorist sect Boko Haram is
enjoying in its war with the
army.
A headcount of soldiers serving
with the Seventh Mechanised
Brigade of the Nigerian Army in
Maiduguri showed that 162 rifles
were abandoned by soldiers
who left their duty posts during
the week. Ministry of defence
officials said that is being treated
as a routine case of deserters as
the authorities are convinced the
terrorists did not capture any of
its soldiers alive.
Apparently, the soldiers are
unhappy about the seeming
advantages Boko Haram
terrorists are enjoying over the
military in their ongoing battle
across northeastern Nigeria.
Sources within the army say that
soldiers are not only unhappy
about the fact that Boko Haram is
a better fighting force but they
are particularly annoyed about
the regularity with which military
plans are leaked to the sect.
One army source said: “Routine
troop deployment, withdrawals
from positions are known to the
terrorists even before the
soldiers on the ground are
briefed. This leak is surely
traceable to the officer cadre
within the division."
Commanders of the Seventh
Mechanised Division only got to
know the extent of the problem
yesterday afternoon, when a
mop-up operation recovered the
abandoned rifles. These
weapons have now been
returned to the division's
armoury and the military
authorities are battling to raise
troops’ morale, which has
reached a new low.
This has been the single largest
desertion in a week in recent
times as the growing
disaffection with the Nigerian
Army appears to reached fresh
heights. Over recent months,
Boko Haram has enjoyed
significant success over the
Nigerian Army as its fighters are
not only better equipped but also
more motivated.
nigerianwatch.com/news/4804-162-soldiers-desert-nigerian-army-over-the-last-week-as-boko-haram-defeats-kill-morale?fb_action_ids=673811419363296&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B611775588936381%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by ratiken(m): 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
And your source is? Or are you speaking for boko haram?
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by jamace(m): 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
OP, where did you get this information from?
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by fijiano202(m): 7:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
Cant blame them though...whats the point of fighting a war u cant win...after alot of strategizing and indoor meetings by the commanders,u end up finding out that ur opponents have more knowledge of ur plans than u

9 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
So unfortunate if true but can you blame the deserters with the reasons adduced in the report?

This war would have gone differently if we were fighting another nation.

Greed is at the height of this and until the top echelon of the military resolve to end this BH mayhem, we shall continue to wallow in defeats.

2 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
nigerianwatch.com/news/4804-162-soldiers-desert-nigerian-army-over-the-last-week-as-boko-haram-defeats-kill-morale?fb_action_ids=673811419363296&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B611775588936381%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Scout60(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Some of the military chiefs are boko themselves. No blame.
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Sunofgod(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Onlytruth(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
If the Nigerian government is serious about fighting "Boko Haram" it should start by reorganizing the military to reflect the reality of the situation we are facing. It is st..pid to allow a person from the North East or even North West to command even a platoon in the force deployed to fight "Boko Haram". During the Biafra war, no Igbo person commanded any reasonable group of military men that fought against Biafra. Why is Nigeria still pretending that the Nigerian army is still one and acting like anyone can be trusted to command any task force? And then we wonder why operational information leaks to "Boko Haram". I deliberately put quotes around "Boko Haram" because we don't know yet who funds/equips them, but we know that they enjoy sympathy in the North. It can even be a Northern army waiting to march on the rest of the country.

Solution to the Problem:

Declare FULL WAR in North East (or the whole North as the case may be). This would allow for the Biafran treatment to be metted to the North, afterall we are all Nigerians, aren't we?

3 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Sloan: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
Onlytruth: If the Nigerian government is serious about fighting "Boko Haram" it should start by reorganizing the military to reflect the reality of the situation we are facing. It is st..pid to allow a person from the North East or even North West to command even a platoon in the force deployed to fight "Boko Haram". During the Biafra war, no Igbo person commanded any reasonable group of military men that fought against Biafra. Why is Nigeria still pretending that the Nigerian army is still one and acting like anyone can be trusted to command any task force? And then we wonder why operational information leaks to "Boko Haram". I deliberately put quotes around "Boko Haram" because we don't know yet who funds/equips them, but we know that they enjoy sympathy in the North. It can even be a Northern army waiting to march on the rest of the country.

Solution to the Problem:

Declare FULL WAR in North East (or the whole North as the case may be). This would allow for the Biafran treatment to be metted to the North, afterall we are all Nigerians, aren't we?

I know onlytruth has never spoken sense since he was born because he was born with no sense really, I think the cockroaches and lizards eaten by you people during the war robbed all existing and new Ibos that human privilege? In any case, the difference here is that the NE did not declare secession, rather your incompetent ibo man president Elebechukwu Azikiwe's incompetence and inability to lead the country is the reason for BH. General Azzazzi said the same thing before he was killed in a helicopter crash by Ebelechkwi's PDP. Still the army is failing because the command in chief is weak, pussie president who cannot even command a colony of sugar ants! So mister, if you are waiting for the stupidity of declaring biafra treatment in NE, you are joking although everyone knows they've endured worse! They are not in a state of war, yet, thousands have been killed this year alone!

13 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by mencade5(m): 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
maybe hausa officers, yoruba muslims, or some useless christian officers leaked their plans to boko haram

betrayal everywhere
*hisses*

*continues preparing egg sauce with boiled sweet potatoes*

1 Like

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by freshness2020: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
Commander : Morale!!!
Soldiers :low!!!!!
What do ♈όϋ expect!
Too baaaaaaaad!!
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by oduastates: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Who wants to die for a useless country and a retardedz president?
While the good ones amongst the soldiers die, their equally retardedz fellow citizens live in self denial and at the same time contribute to the rot.
This, when they are not busy attending church at 9'o clock in the morning, expecting one Foreign god to save them from beneath one rocks in Jerusalem and Mecca .

2 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by REDshouse(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
military coup approaching Nigeria.....am heading to lome cos cant witness another military coup/war in naija

1 Like

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Uziehot(m): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
jamace: OP, where did you get this information from?

u dn't have 2 ask him any source,its true,i have friends and d recent 1 was wit me dis afternoon,he promised not 2 return due 2 d fact dat d book haram boys are enjoying d party while d soldiers are running frm base 2 base 2 be safe frm d terror of d kobo boys. Pls,dn't b decieved by d lies of gej and his team.

1 Like

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by tchigofigo(m): 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
super moles in the top echelon of our akamu military..bt i think i knw d tribe wr virtualy all d deserters r from..u are a maximum liar if u say u dnt
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Onlytruth(m): 3:53am On Jul 15, 2014
Sloan:

I know onlytruth has never spoken sense since he was born because he was born with no sense really, I think the cockroaches and lizards eaten by you people during the war robbed all existing and new Ibos that human privilege? In any case, the difference here is that the NE did not declare secession, rather your incompetent ibo man president Elebechukwu Azikiwe's incompetence and inability to lead the country is the reason for BH. General Azzazzi said the same thing before he was killed in a helicopter crash by Ebelechkwi's PDP. Still the army is failing because the command in chief is weak, pussie president who cannot even command a colony of sugar ants! So mister, if you are waiting for the stupidity of declaring biafra treatment in NE, you are joking although everyone knows they've endured worse! They are not in a state of war, yet, thousands have been killed this year alone!

Isn't it interesting that the same people who ate lizards and cockroaches dominate and top you in ALL sectors of human development/achievement today in the same Nigeria, from education all the way to industry and commerce? Think about it for a second and you would realize that maybe y'all missed out on a very rich set of delicacies that could have grown your brains. cool
ALL your posts are filled with bitterness against the Igbo, and president Jonathan, as if we ate your meals. grin

You sound seriously injured. Pele o. Sorry o. Ndo o! cheesy

I am currently not a number one fan of the president (though I believe he is better than anything your APC can ever throw at Nigerians in 2015), but I believe the man is handicapped by virtue of his being from a minority tribe in Nigeria. In Nigeria, your loyalty starts from your tribe. Ijaw is not a numerical factor in the Nigerian nation. Everybody with brains know this, hence only bitter bigots want the president to punch way beyond his true weight. He won't, because he is not a fool.

As for your argument about Igbo secession, pray tell us, how many Nigerians did Igbo kill or kidnap before Gowon lauched a FULL SCALE "police action" - WAR against the East. Let me help you guess: THOUSANDS, or even hundreds? Weren't Igbos the victims of a pogrom, in which they were killed in thousands? As for "Boko Haram's " agenda, haven't you read where they pledged allegiance to Al Baghdadi yesterday? Clearly "Boko Haram" wants to establish an ISLAMIC STATE in NORTHERN NIGERIA and other parts of Nigeria they can conquer. They say so everyday.
In your skull, Biafra -a secular state- is worse than CALIPHATE -an Islamic state?

As for the "Biafran treatment", I haven't seen millions starve to death in the North yet.

GOAT. cool

6 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 15, 2014
The post. Looks untrue
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by fr3do(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2014
Onlytruth: If the Nigerian government is serious about fighting "Boko Haram" it should start by reorganizing the military to reflect the reality of the situation we are facing. It is st..pid to allow a person from the North East or even North West to command even a platoon in the force deployed to fight "Boko Haram". During the Biafra war, no Igbo person commanded any reasonable group of military men that fought against Biafra. Why is Nigeria still pretending that the Nigerian army is still one and acting like anyone can be trusted to command any task force? And then we wonder why operational information leaks to "Boko Haram". I deliberately put quotes around "Boko Haram" because we don't know yet who funds/equips them, but we know that they enjoy sympathy in the North. It can even be a Northern army waiting to march on the rest of the country.

Solution to the Problem:

u're making sense
since the rest of Nigeria then declared war on the south east assuming all its occupants were sympathetic to the Biafran cause,
why cant the rest of Nigeria declare war on the North east and west since its evident that the people there are sympathetic to boko haram?!
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Kk4(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
We are at war. Such is expected. Nigerians need to keep supporting and encouraging our troops. God bless Nigeria
Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by opiaoku: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
Sloan:

undisputed bastard

1 Like

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Sloan: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
Onlytruth:

Isn't it interesting that the same people who ate lizards and cockroaches dominate and top you in ALL sectors of human development/achievement today in the same Nigeria, from education all the way to industry and commerce? Think about it for a second and you would realize that maybe y'all missed out on a very rich set of delicacies that could have grown your brains. cool
ALL your posts are filled with bitterness against the Igbo, and president Jonathan, as if we ate your meals. grin

You sound seriously injured. Pele o. Sorry o. Ndo o! cheesy

I am currently not a number one fan of the president (though I believe he is better than anything your APC can ever throw at Nigerians in 2015), but I believe the man is handicapped by virtue of his being from a minority tribe in Nigeria. In Nigeria, your loyalty starts from your tribe. Ijaw is not a numerical factor in the Nigerian nation. Everybody with brains know this, hence only bitter bigots want the president to punch way beyond his true weight. He won't, because he is not a fool.

As for your argument about Igbo secession, pray tell us, how many Nigerians did Igbo kill or kidnap before Gowon lauched a FULL SCALE "police action" - WAR against the East. Let me help you guess: THOUSANDS, or even hundreds? Weren't Igbos the victims of a pogrom, in which they were killed in thousands? As for "Boko Haram's " agenda, haven't you read where they pledged allegiance to Al Baghdadi yesterday? Clearly "Boko Haram" wants to establish an ISLAMIC STATE in NORTHERN NIGERIA and other parts of Nigeria they can conquer. They say so everyday.
In your skull, Biafra -a secular state- is worse than CALIPHATE -an Islamic state?

As for the "Biafran treatment", I haven't seen millions starve to death in the North yet.

GOAT. cool

You must be having a brain fart with this nonsense! For how long will you keep lying to yourself on NL? This is how you deceived yourself so much that a Soludo will governor of Anambra and few days later, you were so put to shame you went on exile! He did not even get to the ballot! The point is that you have no clue, as old as you are! Imagine claiming that ibos are ahead in ALL fields of endeavour? Okay name them and provide evidence, no empty chest beating! Can you show me, for example, that ibos are ahead in terms of infrastructure in Nigeria? Or in terms of educational facilities, quality, scholarship and academic achievement? In the so called presidential scholarship, strictly on merit with no one to write the answers on the board for university students, can you show me how many ibos made the cut, compared to other parts of Nigeria?

In this world, people always move to areas of more prosperity than move towards poverty! It is on record that ibos as a people cannot stop migrating in droves to Yoruba land and Hausaland in millions per year despite BH, so can you show me the net movement of Nigerians towards iboland? The thing is you are confusing the crumbs falling from the table of this corrupt president as ibos progress, reality will hit you so hard as soon as he is out of office, be it 2015, 2019, 2001990! Onlylies keep deceiving yourself, because it means nothing in the real world! The same way you made a laughingstock of yourself with Soludo, LWMTB! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by Sloan: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
opiaoku:

MY ibotic FATHER AND FAMILY ARE undisputed bastards

fixed!

1 Like

Re: 162 Troops Desert Nigerian Army Within Last Week by 7lives: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
So our soldiers are deserting us opari, ategun ti ka asho lori hanger, eni to wo tie sorun ko mura.
Meanwhile Jona's minister of defense aka koro is in sw chasing shadows.
When the time comes, ati koro ati oga e, won ni duro.

(1) (Reply)

Stay Away From Rivers Schools, Amaechi Tells FG / Check Out This Cartoon Mocking Gov. Rochas For Loosing APC Presidential Ticket / After Reading This You Will Change Your Mind About Amaechi's Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.