Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

The One I Love - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One I Love (78229 Views)

The One I Love / How To Say "I Love You" In Different Languages / "I Love Macmillian Books" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly: @logodwhiz

You brought me here. Where is the story?

Ohh. Don't be in a hurry dear..

Its going to start soon. And I promise u its going to be fun filled...
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
@temitope Daniel..
Come and start the story o..
Re: The One I Love by crazo(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Is there still space in d front row..
Following ASAP..omo elepa yen da now undecided
Re: The One I Love by Tannie(f): 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Following
Re: The One I Love by Phikom(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
following Tdan lyk twitter...
Re: The One I Love by Queenxstar(f): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
Seats comfortably in anticipation.
Re: The One I Love by uchebest2006(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Mogenerous: Thanks so much T.Dan... gidigbally following... someone should pass me chilled kunu and gala biko
Please dn't fart in ds class afta eatin it.
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Bosses. .. lol... I dey come jere jex wan dz to spread a lil before dropn updates ni buh naw I go drop d update.... lemme go and type.. Texanomaly** abeg wait oh, no vex

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
♥ONE

LOVE IS KIND, HAPPY, CHEERFUL AND NICE. LOVE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING- Tee'Dan.

FOUR YEARS EARLIER.

TOLANI WAS SMILING, staring at Stella and Favour with his playing cards well covered up. What else could make him happier, that time than playing with Stella and her friend, Favour. At least, they just finished their tests and Tolani had came to Stella's room to play cards with her and discuss with her about his traveling.

He didn't know how to start the discussion so he felt playing, at first would be the introduction to his discussion with her. He had a black bag on him, as he played with the ladies. He had been leading the game on point and had been laughing at the ladies because he had told them earlier that he was going to win.

He scratched his head using his index finger. "Stella, I came because of something important." He said slowly.

Stella who had been laughing raised her head and gazed at him. He seemed serious that time, what important thing had he came for? If Tolani spoke seriously, he meant every word from his mouth.

Her impression and expression showed she was ready to hear what he came for without asking what it was. Favour also paused, should she stand for the couple or remain there? What if it was something secretive they wish to discuss? She kept on pondering. 

"I want to travel, Dad said he wants to send me to Manchester; where his brother lives, to complete my education." He said.

"That's a nice idea, but he should have done that earlier than now." Stella was glad.

"Wao, congrats." Fave smiled.

"What's the happiness and well wishes all about? Do I look like I've accepted his offer to leave Nigeria? Why on earth can't I stay in my country to study like others? I refused."

"You refused? Larger percentage of students in Nigeria wish to travel abroad to study, if I have thay chance do you think I'll wait in Nigeria? Yes, you may not like it but you have to go!" Stella spoke with passion and dropped the playing cards.

Tolani dropped his cards too. "I wish to leave, but not without you. If you don't go to Manchester, I won't likewise. But Dad is not ready to send you with me and I won't leave likewise." Be said.

"Because of me? Tolani!" She called his name faintly.

"Yes now, I can't imagine leaving you all alone. Your dad is on the sick bed, you also know where your mother is... I can't!"

"If it's because me then... I'm no longer interested in this relationship." Stella was downcast.

"Stella!" Favour cut in.

"I'm for real, I'm not interested." She repeated herself.

"Are you out of your mind?" Favour packed the cards she had with her together and gazed at Stella.

"I'm not, I'm serious! Let us depart if it will cause you not to go."

"St...stella.." Tolani stammered.

Stella still couldn't raise her head properly. She didn't want to be the mistake in his life, she wanted the best for him. "This is not a joke." She said again.

"Are you really for real?" Tolani asked again.

"I'm serious." She spoke really serious.

Tolani was taut. He stood up gently and picked his bag. He gazed at Stella and Favour again before he removed his hand bead and dropped it on the table. He was tight-lipped and wan, he left the room without returning.

☆★☆★

♡Four years after - Present.

"I've grown, I've seen a lot, I've witnessed trials, was born into abject poverty, still father worked as a hotel cleaner before he was accused of stealing a golden wristwatch which the owner forgot inside the car. He was detained, tortured until he was found innocent, free from artificiality. This landed him into a terrible sickness, no one could help, not even those who accused him of stealing neither the hotel in question. Tolani tried his best before he finally left for Manchester, then it resulted into sickness. Mother, a rare gem on earth. She worked as a maid in a rich man's house after my father died, even with her age. A woman that has given birth to two children, one died at the age of seven when he was sick and there was nothing to be done because there was no money and me, twenty-five years of age. The woman who has given birth to a child of my age, is fourty-eight years, still a maid in a rich man's house. She did it for me to excel, I passed out, made it but there's still no job to do."Stella dropped her handkerchief.

"I deliberately kept quiet for you to speak, express yourself and remember the pasts. As you know, you are still a lot better than people out there. Though, you may have a very sad story, everything about you may be weird but you'll make it someday also." Favour said.

"This is our usual chorus, usual anthem but nothing has ever changed has it?" She questioned.

Favour heaved a sigh and kept her head low. She was born into a polygamous family of four wives and eleven children. Her mother was the first wife that was sent out of her father's house because of barreness. It was after two months it happened she knew she was carrying a baby.

At first, she kept mute and didn't want to get her husband informed since he didn't even love her again too. She was persuaded by her mother who eventually took her to his house and told him her daughter, Favour's mother was pregnant.

It was already the third month, who would believe she wasn't telling a lie? She was refused and since then, her mother had been catering for her till she gave birth. There was no one to offer help, Favour's mother also strived hard to make sure her daughter was well eduacted so that she wouldn't suffer like she did.

♡♡♡

Tolani just returned back to Nigeria, two months back. He was the one his father sent to head the headquarters of his companies. Throughout his stay in Manchester, he always remembered Stella. He did pray that she should be fine, as well as her parents.

He had tried all means to get in touch with her again but all was up to no avail.

★STORY CONTINUES....★
Re: The One I Love by texanomaly(f): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Bosses. .. lol... I dey come jere jex wan dz to spread a lil before dropn updates ni buh naw I go drop d update.... lemme go and type.. Texanomaly** abeg wait oh, no vex

Okay O smiley
Re: The One I Love by Aipete2(f): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
Am crying here oh
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
Heenah and ornorlehwah, Tdan don update o.

Come and see before everybody gets to see it..
Re: The One I Love by heemah(f): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Heenah and ornorlehwah, Tdan don update o.

Heemah is here ooooo.. Thanks LogoDWhiz.. Nice start T.dan.
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
heemah: Heemah is here ooooo.. Thanks LogoDWhiz.. Nice start T.dan.

Uwc. Okay dear.
Re: The One I Love by Tipiflexy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Thanks so much for dis story u just started,am so touched n moved.U ar a jewel to us all n I pray dat God wil continue His perfect work in ur life n u sha excel above ur mates.Once again thank u mr love doctor.
Re: The One I Love by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Heenah and ormorlehwah, Tdan don update o.

Thanks dear, am already here.
Re: The One I Love by kingphilip(m): 8:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hmmmm lemme watch from d sidelines since LogoDWhiz n his seat mates r now making me feel jealous
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
kingphilip: Hmmmm lemme watch from d sidelines since LogoDWhiz n his seat mates r now making me feel jealous

Lol...
My boss no be so o
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Anoda update loading... drops like 9:30. I'll reply all comments soon... jex dey start ni.. I greet everyone oh!
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ormorlehwah: Thanks dear, am already here.

Uwc dear wink

Relax and enjoy.

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by kingphilip(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Lol...
My boss no be so o
Gist me Hw e b den
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
kingphilip:
Gist me Hw e b den

lol.. No gist yet
Re: The One I Love by merlin2oo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
following like kilode, T Dan U don start again
Re: The One I Love by Miner13: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:

I CHERISH AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOU!

To God be the glory! I have an exam by the end of the month but found it hard to read without doing this. Now that I've done it, I'll be able to read.

Once again thanks to God who created you and I, its not by power so give thanks! Though Nairaland had some files wiped off through d attack, we must forge ahead.

Using this medium to thank those who voted for me and made me the best writer for JUNE, u re d best!

This is a work of art, my thoughts and inspirations. I'll try as much as possible to be consistent and edit well before updating.

YEAH! Where's everyone? This thing jex wanna start.. THE ONE I LOVE.

Tee'Dan.

NANCY! STEFIKAL, KINGPHILIP, BECKYTEE, Princesschi, Tipiflexy, Necal, missdiva, missuniverse
Ormorlehwah, Miner13, Ogunleye Tobi, Snowprincee, Khemyte, Zizola,
Adabite, Queenbee24, Phikom, Sheila221, Elanteracy, Ice4jez,
Segzymiade, estluv, Bola-dex, Youngzanny, Aghagba, D9ty7, Politt,
Estiedoll Dipville, Holubunmi, Heemah, Akinpelumi01, Abbey2580,
Heywhy.kum, Vanessa190, Ella239, Merlin2oo, aytuns, uchebest2006,
eyezik, Chuzimgaius, hebenz, Tipiflexy, LovelyRonke, Temmytayo,
Lanicky, Tytylorpe, Nancydearie, Stefikal, Jhymrod, Beckytee, Kingphilip,
Vivy Gift, Hameenat, Nyt_ok, Dammygoody, Aisha800, LogoDwhiz, Prince
Adepoju, Ozymog, Princess B1, Adisa204, Larrytee, Pwettyharday, shurt
man, Queeny248, Gamesound, Anugod, Capip120, Bolugurl, Marichury,
Ablee, Goldenone, Geewyn, Lolulolu, Lateef9961, Mogenerous, Bimicious,
Perfecter4real, Myndd, Hybee_nooni, Kujan20, Emperorjames, Florblu,
Aliyuozioma, Jummy604, miz~expensive, switsol, Ik4life, princefame,
merblesh, Poposib, Dahpresh, Yemilizzy, crazo, adkaz, Classiclady,
chukwueloka, Banky045, Oladimeji101, Dglory, Tbells91, Heartpearl,
tmamuda, judolisco, simdam, Nairamaverick, Deattorney, Cscl4g,
Adedamola99, OILOFGLADNESS, Tannie, Philistine, Olatimide, Liturgy,
Segzymiade, Firstlady240, Brainybeau, Hizson, Fonydear, Underage,
Abbeyunique, Tennyesty, Vivypretty... I'm deeply sorry if I omitted ur name, just get me informed sirs/mas

The story orator!

I must appreciate your effort, keep the fire burning.

I pray I will be able to read this from beginning to the end.

missing someone special
ormorlehwah

1 Like

Re: The One I Love by Miner13: 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
suspence dey cause katakata ooo

remeba say doctors dey on strike ooooo

bp hmmmmmm grin grin
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
Chapter 1.2

TOLANI had tried all he could but none of his attempts was able to locate where Stella was. Yes, he still loved her and the love hadn't faded. He wished to know if she hadn't given her heart to someone else; if she hadn't gotten married.

He called the mobile phone numbers he knew but none went through. He visited the house he knew they were living in, before his depature but still she wasn't there despite his difficulties and obstacles.

He disciplined himself to the extent that he didn't give his heart to anyone else because of Stella. He wished to know if she kept the bead he gave to her because he knew Stella did cherish whatever given to her to keep. Tolani wished to know if she just broke up with him because she wanted him to excel or she meant it.

He had imagined how she could be, where she worked and what she looked like. He wished his wishes could come true so that he could set his eyes on her again.

♡♡♡

Tolani got back home and headed to his room. He was already tired, perhaps the day was hectic. It was less than ten minutes after, Professor Olakunle drove into the compound in a Nissan Pathfinder Jeep. He walked in with his daughter, Feyi.

Professor was the owner of three popular hotels in the town and one of Oladele- Tolani's father's best friends. It was Oladele that established the Professor.

Though, he was an English professor but he had nothing good to do with it his title, as a professor until he met Oladele who turned his situation around into harmony. Then, he sent his daughter to Oxford University, to study.

Feyi was a young, bright and beautiful young lady who studied Architecture. She was brilliant and graduated with colourful grades in the university. She loved drawing, which motivated her into the course she studied. Her father had been telling her he would bring her to Oladele's place to greet him because he was the one that helped him and his family.

She walked in slowly, with her dark and hefty father. She was smiling in the brown gown she had on her and her brown purse. She had many purses and handbags of various types and colours which she did use to match any cloth she had on.

Prof had called Oladele earlier to know if he was around because he wanted to show him who her daughter was, at the same time, he wanted to know how Tolani was.

"Oladele!" He grinned and increased his pace on seeing his friend.

"Ha.. you came so early.." Oladele grinned as well and stood up.

"Welcome, how are you beautiful angel?" He sighted Feyi behind her father.

Feyi bent smiling. "I'm good sir, good day."

"Come on, have your seat dear. I can read it in your utterances, hope you've not gone there to be speaking like them.

Feyi chuckled and sat down. "Not at all sir."

"You better sit too.." Oladele addressed Prof.

Prof sat down as well. "Where's my son?"

Oladele sat down. "He just came back from office and went upstairs. What would you like to eat?"

"I'm okay.." Prof. said.

"Who's asking you? I'm asking my princess."

Feyi was flattered. She grinned; exposing her beautiful set of white teeth. "I'm alright."

"Tolani!" Oladele shouted his son's name so he could come and greet his friend and 'the princess' as she was termed.

Tolani rushed down the stairs. He knew they had a visitor or more. He had taken his bath, he was just trying to check Facebook again if he'd find the name - Olasupo Stella.

'Who are these?' He asked within himself smiling as he saw the Prof. He bent and greeted him. "Good evening sir."

"Wao! Tola has grown bigger!" Prof. admired him standing. "Same as his so-called wife." Oladele said, jokingly.
m
Prof. and Oladele were so close before they missed their contacts. Then, Tolani was always called Feyi's husband.

"Do you know her?" His father pointed at Feyi.

He gave a long look at her, as well as Feyi.

★STORY CONTINUES...★
Re: The One I Love by kingphilip(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Short but manageable
Another matchmaking story or So I'm thinking
BTW great one bro
Lemme still wait tonight?
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
kingphilip: Short but manageable
Another matchmaking story or So I'm thinking
BTW great one bro
Lemme still wait tonight?
No Boss, this one no b matchmaking oh... xo api to av u on board. mistakenly uninstalled my whatsapp... no subscrption cry and I saw ur comment on my blog, it was spammed but av unspammed it and don approve. I'm xo grateful!
Re: The One I Love by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
@Toykathy, I'm so sorry my mind skipped u... I go add ur name, deeply sorry!
@LogoDwhiz, I donno aw to thank u for making this place lively and inviting someone here, I'm forever thankful sir..
@Queen Esther.. I don't knw what to say, I'm greatly happy to av a BOSS here.. a female one again... Thanks for joining me.
@ Omorlewah, I'm api to see u
Oga me! TIPIFLEXY.. A brother! eseun, adupe oh.. grin
@ D9ty7 overjoyous to av u ere... dey follow SHADOW FROM D PAST WELLA DZ TIME...
@Merlin2oo... I'm also api to av u!
@Hemah, Texanomaly, great to av u ere
@Aipete2 abeg no cry oh... grin api u re ere...
@Crazo, Tannie, Phikom, Uchebest, Necal, Temmytayo and everyone nice to av u...

Tee'Dan.

3 Likes

Re: The One I Love by kingphilip(m): 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: No Boss, this one no b matchmaking oh... xo api to av u on board. mistakenly uninstalled my whatsapp... no subscrption cry and I saw ur comment on my blog, it was spammed but av unspammed it and don approve. I'm xo grateful!
Uwc actor
Dats d little I just have to offer for nw
Re: The One I Love by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
@temitopedaniel..
Uwc..
Re: The One I Love by necal(f): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
dis z goin 2b interesting n I ain't missing any part of it. ride on mr Dan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) / My Book Of Rants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.