Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,689 members, 7,801,983 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr (21655 Views)

10 Things To Do Before Ramadan. / Lailatul Qadr: It's Significance / Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To "His People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by shidof(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Uthman51: So valuable is this Night of Qadr that the Quran devotes a special surah to
it“Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months”[97:3]
This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The most authentic account of the occurrence of the Night indicates that it can occur on any one of the last ten, odd numbered nights of Ramadan, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29.
We should strive to stay up at least on the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If we can't manage that then let us pray at least on the 27th night. If one prays on all of the last odd numbered nights then there is more chance that one may have caught this most powerful night and the reward is of over 83 YEARS OF WORSHIP! Subhanallah! Most will not even live upto that age!
It is a night that we CANNOT miss out on so here is how we can maximise this blessed night:
1.Recite the Qur’an abundantly
Az-Zuhri used to say upon the coming of Ramadan,“It is only about reciting the Qur’an and feeding the poor.”
Abdur-Raziq said,“When Ramadan came, Sufyan Ath-Thawri would give up all acts of (voluntary) worship and devote himself to the recitation of the Qur’an.”
Laylatul Qadr is the night the Qur'an was revealed so we should spend much of the night reciting it for we will gain 700 hasanah or more by reciting each letter!
2. Strive to gain forgiveness
One should strive and do their utmost to gain the mercy of Allah especially in the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If one leaves Ramadan without gaining the mercy of Allah then surely they are the most unfortunate ones and are the biggest losers in this world and the next.
The main Dua for Laylatul Qadr is the following:
Aisha (Ra) said:“I asked the Messenger of Allah:'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?'He said:'Say:O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.'“
"Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee"(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).
Gaining forgiveness on laylatul Qadr
Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said:“Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven.”(Bukhari and Muslim).
We should sincerely repent for past and present sins with the intention of not repeating them again and ask of Allah Ta’aala to help us prevent ourselves from doing them again and ask Allah to perfect our characters and to help us improve ourselves in everyway possible.
3. Do much Superogatory Prayers (Nafil)
Rabi'ah ibn Malik al-Aslami reported that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said:"Ask (anything)."Rabi'ah said:"I ask of you to be your companion in paradise."The Prophet said:"Or anything else?"Rabi'ah said:"That is it."The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said to him:"Then help me by making many prostrations (i.e., supererogatory prayers)."(Muslim)
The Prophet peace be upon him said:“Whoever draws near to Allaah during it (Ramadaan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.”–Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887.
In this most blessed month of Ramadhan all good deeds are multiplied by 70 or more. Every Nafil one prays one will gain the reward of a Fard Salaah and every Fard Salah is the reward of 70 Fard salaah. Subhanallah what other time of the year is this possible? NONE! So let us make the best of these precious seconds and pray as many Nafil prayers as is possible!
Here are some Nafil prayers we can pray on Laylatul Qadr:
1.Two Rakat after performing Wudu (Ablution)
Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him):“Tell me about the best of your deeds (i.e. one which you deem the most rewarding) since your embracing Islam because I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise.”Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) replied:“I do not consider any act of mine more rewarding than that whenever I make ablution at any time of night or day, I perform Prayer for as much as was destined for me to do.”(Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)”
2.Tahajjud
Imam Abu Sa'id al-Khadimi said,
"There is scholarly consensus (ijma`) that among the best of virtuous acts is the night vigil prayer."[al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]
The scholars derived the following in regards to Tahajjud from the Qur'an and prophetic hadiths:
1.The minimal night vigil prayer is 2 rakats.
[Hindiyya, quoting Fath al-Qadir]
2.Its optimal recommended amount is 8 rakats, because this was the general practice of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions).[Hindiyya, quoting Fath al-Qadir]
jazakallah khairan
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by hapholaby: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
shidof: jazakallah khairan
Barakalllahufiikun
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by zurine(f): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
hmm
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Shinery0123(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jazakhullah khairan. I love this educational piece, may Allah reward u abundantly @OP
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Heineken(m): 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jazakumlah khairan.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by shidof(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
hapholaby:
Barakalllahufiikun
Amin
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by ibe9ja: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
SMH...
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Lucasbalo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
I am a xtian but I love my Muslim brothers and sisters. Ramadan Kareem . Hope there will be peace on Earth. Islam, one of 3 abrahamanic religions.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by theguy12(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jazak'allah khair @op
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Kayczz: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Uthman51: So valuable is this Night of Qadr that the Quran devotes a special surah to
it“Lailatul Qadr is better than a thousand months”[97:3]
This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The most authentic account of the occurrence of the Night indicates that it can occur on any one of the last ten, odd numbered nights of Ramadan, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29.
We should strive to stay up at least on the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If we can't manage that then let us pray at least on the 27th night. If one prays on all of the last odd numbered nights then there is more chance that one may have caught this most powerful night and the reward is of over 83 YEARS OF WORSHIP! Subhanallah! Most will not even live upto that age!
It is a night that we CANNOT miss out on so here is how we can maximise this blessed night:
1.Recite the Qur’an abundantly
Az-Zuhri used to say upon the coming of Ramadan,“It is only about reciting the Qur’an and feeding the poor.”
Abdur-Raziq said,“When Ramadan came, Sufyan Ath-Thawri would give up all acts of (voluntary) worship and devote himself to the recitation of the Qur’an.”
Laylatul Qadr is the night the Qur'an was revealed so we should spend much of the night reciting it for we will gain 700 hasanah or more by reciting each letter!
2. Strive to gain forgiveness
One should strive and do their utmost to gain the mercy of Allah especially in the odd numbered nights of the last ten days. If one leaves Ramadan without gaining the mercy of Allah then surely they are the most unfortunate ones and are the biggest losers in this world and the next.
The main Dua for Laylatul Qadr is the following:
Aisha (Ra) said:“I asked the Messenger of Allah:'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?'He said:'Say:O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.'“
"Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee"(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).
Gaining forgiveness on laylatul Qadr
Abu Huraira narrated that the Messenger said:“Whoever stands (in prayer) in Laylatul Qadr while nourishing his faith with self-evaluation, expecting reward from Allah, will have all of his previous sins forgiven.”(Bukhari and Muslim).
We should sincerely repent for past and present sins with the intention of not repeating them again and ask of Allah Ta’aala to help us prevent ourselves from doing them again and ask Allah to perfect our characters and to help us improve ourselves in everyway possible.
3. Do much Superogatory Prayers (Nafil)
Rabi'ah ibn Malik al-Aslami reported that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said:"Ask (anything)."Rabi'ah said:"I ask of you to be your companion in paradise."The Prophet said:"Or anything else?"Rabi'ah said:"That is it."The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said to him:"Then help me by making many prostrations (i.e., supererogatory prayers)."(Muslim)
The Prophet peace be upon him said:“Whoever draws near to Allaah during it (Ramadaan) with a single characteristic from the characteristics of (voluntary) goodness, he is like whoever performs an obligatory act in other times. And whoever performs an obligatory act during it, he is like whoever performed seventy obligatory acts in other times.”–Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, no. 1887.
In this most blessed month of Ramadhan all good deeds are multiplied by 70 or more. Every Nafil one prays one will gain the reward of a Fard Salaah and every Fard Salah is the reward of 70 Fard salaah. Subhanallah what other time of the year is this possible? NONE! So let us make the best of these precious seconds and pray as many Nafil prayers as is possible!
Here are some Nafil prayers we can pray on Laylatul Qadr:
1.Two Rakat after performing Wudu (Ablution)
Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him):“Tell me about the best of your deeds (i.e. one which you deem the most rewarding) since your embracing Islam because I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise.”Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) replied:“I do not consider any act of mine more rewarding than that whenever I make ablution at any time of night or day, I perform Prayer for as much as was destined for me to do.”(Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)”
2.Tahajjud
Imam Abu Sa'id al-Khadimi said,
"There is scholarly consensus (ijma`) that among the best of virtuous acts is the night vigil prayer."[al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya]
The scholars derived the following in regards to Tahajjud from the Qur'an and prophetic hadiths:
1.The minimal night vigil prayer is 2 rakats.
[Hindiyya, quoting Fath al-Qadir]
2.Its optimal recommended amount is 8 rakats, because this was the general practice of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions).[Hindiyya, quoting Fath al-Qadir]

I love this

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Pls all dos post r too much 4me, @op
i tend 2 4get wat i read earlier wen dy r too long.d shorta d beta,not evy1 has wide islamic knwledge lyk u.sum muslim r convert,sum wr dprevied of noin islam durin childhood.i wish i knew more abt islam esp readin d quran in arabic.

Op,i ddnt rid all wat u wrote,4giv me pls

MASALAM

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Harbiurlah(f): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
tunshe: Jazakum Lahu Khaeran for this piece.

Anyone who can perform Itikaf should try and do so to ensure that we safeguard not missing the night of Power.

May Allah (S.W.T) make us meet in Al jannah Firdaus. Amin
Ameen.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Lantean(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
saasala: I'd rather not say a thing against Islam lest I get banned

You're neither a muslim nor do you have a positive contribution to the thread. But you did strive for one thing, though... attention.
So save yourself future hassles... we've noticed you
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by eluquenson(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
May Allah accept it as an act of ibadah
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by kasmail(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
JideTheBlogger: Thanks. Ramadhan Mubarak

Gbayii omo mi Ogbonge... Ramadan Kareem!!! Hurzo

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lucasbalo: I am a xtian but I love my Muslim brothers and sisters. Ramadan Kareem . Hope there will be peace on Earth. Islam, one of 3 abrahamanic religions.

There will surely be peace on earth if everyone from all sides without exclusion shuns extremism and unite against injustice and inciting propagandas.
We love you too. Just as our teacher (Muhammad) was a loving personality to his friends and neighbours from amongst the people of the books.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by suarezgerrard(m): 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
good article Op. pls is tonight 27 night of ramadan.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by tunshe: 12:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Bukiminaj: Pls all dos post r too much 4me, @op
i tend 2 4get wat i read earlier wen dy r too long.d shorta d beta,not evy1 has wide islamic knwledge lyk u.sum muslim r convert,sum wr dprevied of noin islam durin childhood.i wish i knew more abt islam esp readin d quran in arabic.

Op,i ddnt rid all wat u wrote,4giv me pls

MASALAM

Salaam, the time taken to write this your response is enough time to read this piece.

My sister, it can't be shorter. The OP is filled with valuable information to enhance the good of this life and hereafter. What you read is a function of how important not how long. Infact, this is a short piece.

Readers are leaders, I pray for you that Allah grant you retentive memory and increase your effort towards the act of reading.

Maa Salaam.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by fety4ward: 5:49am On Jul 25, 2014
[quote
author=temiosunrinde]I am a christian who has a fair knowledge of
islam. I really wish to know more. I need online teachers...I am not
joking. I am very serious. Thanks [/quote]

please visit www.abdurrahman.org for all you need about understanding Islam.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lucasbalo: I am a xtian but I love my Muslim brothers and sisters. Ramadan Kareem . Hope there will be peace on Earth. Islam, one of 3 abrahamanic religions.

Nice one. Matured post. Add on whatsapp 07063506340

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Dfash(m): 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
@op jazakum lah

But I want to ask is there any hadith Dt support doing lailatul qadir in group ,either as a mosque jamal , islamic society or any other group at dt.

Except if there is other evidence , I gathered DT such group prayer is "Bidal". i,e what people created or started on their own and which is alien to the teaching of d holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh) .

If its actually a Bidal to do such , then if invited to one, which is d most polite way to turn it down .
Thanks!
Response IS needed ASAP!
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Mattclara(f): 5:51am On Jul 26, 2014
temiosunrinde: I am a christian who has a fair knowledge of islam. I really wish to know more. I need online teachers...I am not joking. I am very serious. Thanks
probably i could be of help..... You can email me and from there, Allah will help.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Xxpress(m): 6:25am On Jul 27, 2014
Pls how many salamo are we to make in the tasbih prayer
Re: 5 Things To Do On Laylatul Qadr by Horrlah(f): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
Salam pls what time cn one start d prayers of lailatul qadr

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lessons From The New Zealand Mosque Shooting / Goat With 'Allah' On His Coat Goes On Sale / What Is The Islamic View On Aje?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.