Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times (29742 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers / Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Djicemob: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2014
Crappy list...Olamide,2shots? etc.lol. U might as swell add skyB to the list.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by AbuMikey(m): 8:06am On Jul 16, 2014
Well, OP I respect your opinion , but your list is Wack

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by 9jaSceptic: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
Please take that back if Reminisce Aka Alaga Ibile ain't on that list used to think Olamide is better until i calm down to listen to his songs, Olamide used to be my favourite but i just realised he makes noise kinda, Reminisce is 2mussh!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit:

Word.your drugs like that.got a few mode nine songs for u....songs that never had air play but real dope

1.regular guy
2.love Jones
3.tales of the pots
4.Ogun isoye
5.360 poetry

Tales of the pots.. mad jam, reminds me of his song Cry.. from Malcolm IX to pentium IX, El plaribus till date modo till the best lyricist..

You puttin Jesse ahead of MI shows u a gud listener of rap music... Buh for 2shotz and killz, I'm not too sure, reminisce and Mr. Raw can replace them. But aside that the list looks real good to me.. Gud job dawg

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by sopoundz(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2014
Phenom should be in dt list also Yungsix aint doing bad wit his punchlines

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:10am On Jul 16, 2014
Flautist: Olamide hip hop?.?.? Na wa o

Obviously u only focusing ur attention to his commercial music.. he has some real gud rap music

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by clemmonce(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit:

Word.your drugs like that.got a few mode nine songs for u....songs that never had air play but real dope

1.regular guy
2.love Jones
3.tales of the pots
4.Ogun isoye
5.360 poetry
listen to bigger than this by modo you will love the song. my best modenine song so far. I love the song.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by phayvoursky(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit: Deciphering lyrics n cracking punchlines have always been one fascination for me. Most people sit n listen to music just for the beat n catchy jingle like lyrics....nahh....none of those crapy ish, commercial BS for me....
Once upon a tym,it used to b all foreign hip hop krooners;nas,Talib kwali, common, the notorious , immortal techniquetupac ,a tribe called quest, bone thugs n harmony , mos def,(now I CNT even remember some names).....
These cats dropped punchlines n murdered beats faster than assassins on a killing spree. A pure blend of fiery word play,sick punchlines, braggadicio , n sher genius is wat u get whenever u press play.
Over the years hip hop has evolved in Nigeria. Though a lot of wack emcees have also emerged(wudnt call names to avoid wahala)....some real emcees have kept their own.some made It to d mainstream,some remained underground .These rappers in more ways than none have over time caught our ears with their genius lyrics, crazy lines n freestyles.....here's a list of my favourite 9ja lyricist of all tyms.pls feel free to drop ur own list .

10:six-foot-plus
9.overdose
8.2shortz
7.ikechukwu aka killz
6.olamide
5.M.I
4.Jesse jagz
3.vector tha piper
2.terry tha rapman
1.mode nine

You deliberately exempted ILL BLISS (OGA BOSS).

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by menice69: 8:11am On Jul 16, 2014
truGambit: Deciphering lyrics n cracking punchlines have always been one fascination for me. Most people sit n listen to music just for the beat n catchy jingle like lyrics....nahh....none of those crapy ish, commercial BS for me....
Once upon a tym,it used to b all foreign hip hop krooners;nas,Talib kwali, common, the notorious , immortal techniquetupac ,a tribe called quest, bone thugs n harmony , mos def,(now I CNT even remember some names).....
These cats dropped punchlines n murdered beats faster than assassins on a killing spree. A pure blend of fiery word play,sick punchlines, braggadicio , n sher genius is wat u get whenever u press play.
Over the years hip hop has evolved in Nigeria. Though a lot of wack emcees have also emerged(wudnt call names to avoid wahala)....some real emcees have kept their own.some made It to d mainstream,some remained underground .These rappers in more ways than none have over time caught our ears with their genius lyrics, crazy lines n freestyles.....here's a list of my favourite 9ja lyricist of all tyms.pls feel free to drop ur own list .

10:six-foot-plus
9.overdose
8.2shortz
7.ikechukwu aka killz
6.olamide
5.M.I
4.Jesse jagz
3.vector tha piper
2.terry tha rapman
1.mode nine

Despite me being yoruba,this list is not it,Abeg where dat Ibo boy oga boss ILLBLISS?He's d best rap icon to date to have come out in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2014
Ajibel: Where is my dbanj
lmao... I was expecting this
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
Forzap: No ice prince shocked shocked

Ice prince ke? Dude is gud, I love him
. But a lyricist... naaahh

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by sarutobie(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2014
dont know about terry tha rapman and 2shortz...blackmagic and show dem camp are subjectively one of the best currently...
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2014
clemmonce: listen to bigger than this by modo you will love the song. my best modenine song so far. I love the song.

Wow.. better than elbow room? Tales of them pots? well every1 with their choice tho

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by kingmekus(m): 8:17am On Jul 16, 2014
the O.p must be a Yoruba man..so u brought in Olamide and left Phyno simply because you cannot understand his language ba??No worry God dey watch all these tribalist in Naija..Ask my Igbo brodas that understands that dude they will tell you he is the dopest ever!!!na 2shot weh dey rap like my neighbours 5year old son na im u carry put.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2014
Shaunscot: Oga boss you no try o....Where Dagrin for that list?
dagrin that's true... gone so soon
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Dopestfiend: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2014
nice list anyways but some mofos get to be yank off!!!!!!
my list.....
1 modenine king of naija..
2 pherosiouz
3 terry da rapman
4 overdose
5 jesse jagz
6 Gino
7 illbliss
8 m.I
9 vector
10 godwon

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Bawsse(m): 8:20am On Jul 16, 2014
Here's my own 10 greatest Nigerian lyricist (in no particular order):

1. Jesse Jagz
2. M.I
3. Modenine
4. Ghost (of Show Dem Camp)
5. Dagrin
6. Godwon
7. Khali abdu
8. Boogey
9. DuGod (new but i am judging by available material)
10. Rukus

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Dopestfiend: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2014
what the whole talk about olamide and phyno. cos both of them are crap.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Leetunechi: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2014
What shocked

are you kiddin me?

Who is 6 foot plus?

This op must be high on some wack beatz
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Tosyn007(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2014
MOdenine(diminished)
Jesse Jags
M.I
Vector
Others

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by clemmonce(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2014
igwedaboss:

Wow.. better than elbow room? Tales of them pots? well every1 with their choice tho
no I am not saying so. I just love the song. its content is tight and the production is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Elnino4ladies: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2014
Is jesse jagz nation baby..luv d dude...fair list at op...dagrin 4 olamide..pheroshwz 4 terry tha rapman..

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by wrench: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Quiet insightful but I disagree with 2shotz being on that list.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by DoctorTim: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2014
OP u claim to have a grip on the HipHop naija scene but made a few bloopers on your list, still your ego's not gonna make u own up. Dagrin, Reminisce should definitely be on that list. Killz, 2shotz, even 6Foot+ by the criteria u put out shldnt even make the cut. Double standards eh? U should have simply said.. list of my favorite Nigerian rappers. Lyrically, 2shotz ain't shit. Same for Killz. And U did well by not putting iceprince cos any. HipHop topic I see his name on I go in real critically. He's not a HipHop head no more atleast. Than again.. sometimes we take this HipHop thing too deep... its a borrowed culture and form of musical expression, we will never master the art. I appreciate Nigerian rappers and underground heads that do it for the love..and for the paper, but we should take it easy on them because it's not easy staying relevant 5 album strong. Even the greats fall off.. See Yasin Bey for example.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 16, 2014
The list is ok;but pls dont ever rate vector tha piper above Jesse jagz..the guy is overkilling!and pls kindly remove 2shots and ikechukwu;pls replace dem with Phyno and yungsix..thank you..pls if u've got no meaningful comment to spew dont ever quote me..

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by igwedaboss(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2014
clemmonce: no I am not saying so. I just love the song. its content is tight and the production is wonderful.
oh.. Aii bro.. the song tight

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Blockus: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2014
Young 6

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Dopestfiend: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2014
igwedaboss: oh.. Aii bro.. the song tight

what's your take on modenine black rap messiah...
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by Itoroetti(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2014
what about "ikpa udo"?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times by p2t2r(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Well, that's for you. Here is my own list.

10) Erigga
9) Erigga
cool Erigga
7) Erigga
6) Erigga
5) Erigga
4) Erigga
3) Erigga
2) Erigga
1) Mr Erigga a.k.a paper boi.

Even him good morning na punch line grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? / "Classic 50 Songs": 9ice Releases 50 Track Album / A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.