Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? (58479 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by julicoka(f): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Lagos is expensive d least school fees to a baby of 2 years is 60k am Still crying to my hubby to allow me to relocate to enugu or onitsha

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by 360command: 12:43am On Jul 16, 2014
sluvy4tune: Kindly remove Uyo from that list please. Uyo will be expensive(maybe in 3-5years) from now, but at the moment cost of living in Uyo is cheap.

My 2 bedroom apartment, in the heart of the town,interlocked compound with gate,fence round and well sized up bedroom I got it for 250k.( have also seen 3bedroom for 250k as well nice compound)The environment is cool & the house is a virgin house(freshly build) that's why some would say is that expensive.

My 3 bedroom office space with 2 toilet,interlocked compound also in the centre of the town went for 300k, thou not a virgin apartment but very decent and nice 3storey building.

Taking cabs/keke is also very affordable, the price ranges from #30 -#50, if you want a drop it goes for about #150-#200

Journey of 20mins is 20mins no matter the hold up (that's if you encounter any ) I leave my house by 8:49am to catch up an appointment with some1 by 9am and I am rest assure I will get there promptly.

Finally if you wanna relax/chill a movie ticket at silverbird in Uyo is just #250 grin my first time I tot it was a joke

Considering where I am coming from Abuja/Phc I consider Uyo the cheapest for now. An average abuja /ph Guy is a top notch celeb (money no be problem) in Uyo.
For babes matter na u go tire especially if you be Corper. Don't know why but ibom ladies love corpers wink Akwa ibom ladies truly know how to keep a man. Food and other wise.

Mbok if you see chicken for #200 u go delete this thread.
God bless you.We need detailed information like your post about other states or cities in Nigeria. You have done well.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 2:43am On Jul 16, 2014
If Uyo is one of the most expensive cities in Nigeria, how come Ikot Ekpene less that 30km away made the list of the least expensive. In doesnt add up.

I once went to a creek in Ikot Abasi, asked a fisherman how much in average is his usual catch so i could come buy sometime, he said N20,000! A village fisherman asking for such money for one fish, i yelled and took off. Buying pineapple in a pineapple farm directly from the farmer any where in Akwa Ibom is even more expensive than in Abuja. They dont look at the item, they think money and just call it. You wont find it funny that they wont budge from that price.

My folks up north asked me to buy crayfish for them thinking it will be cheap, i told the there was no point. When my wife visited she went to the market to atleast buy something cheap for gifts, she travelled back empty handed.

The only problem with abuja is accomodation, ortherwise its the cheapest among all these cities. menntioned.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Terry367: 2:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 3:05am On Jul 16, 2014
sluvy4tune: Kindly remove Uyo from that list please. Uyo will be expensive(maybe in 3-5years) from now, but at the moment cost of living in Uyo is cheap.

My 2 bedroom apartment, in the heart of the town,interlocked compound with gate,fence round and well sized up bedroom I got it for 250k.( have also seen 3bedroom for 250k as well nice compound)The environment is cool & the house is a virgin house(freshly build) that's why some would say is that expensive.

My 3 bedroom office space with 2 toilet,interlocked compound also in the centre of the town went for 300k, thou not a virgin apartment but very decent and nice 3storey building.

Taking cabs/keke is also very affordable, the price ranges from #30 -#50, if you want a drop it goes for about #150-#200

Journey of 20mins is 20mins no matter the hold up (that's if you encounter any ) I leave my house by 8:49am to catch up an appointment with some1 by 9am and I am rest assure I will get there promptly.

Finally if you wanna relax/chill a movie ticket at silverbird in Uyo is just #250 grin my first time I tot it was a joke

Considering where I am coming from Abuja/Phc I consider Uyo the cheapest for now. An average abuja /ph Guy is a top notch celeb (money no be problem) in Uyo.
For babes matter na u go tire especially if you be Corper. Don't know why but ibom ladies love corpers wink Akwa ibom ladies truly know how to keep a man. Food and other wise.

Mbok if you see chicken for #200 u go delete this thread.

Ufan mi.

That silverbird in uyo na the bigest disappointment. Incase you dont know, a movie like Robocop was showing in Uyo for complete 6months. Do you call that a movie theatre. Something went wrong in that place. When i arrived Uyo 2yrs ago, movie of the week was always N500. Atleast a new one every week while older ones are N300. That regime was more affordable than going to PH, Abj or Lagos. New movies atleast once a week some times 2. But now, na so so Nollywood movies especially the ones wey no get head and tail. The Hollywood movies like 3 for six months on a flat N250. The governor is always there and i think he forced the price down and they stop showing Hollywood movies.

Those girls ehnnn! Hmmmmmmmmm.

Those chickens na 8wks or less o. Cant stand it, if you like it, mfun iba.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 3:27am On Jul 16, 2014
wallflower:

My friend you either know people, have a good agent or are lucky, because I presently a self contain apartment cost about 150k a year let alone a 2 bedroom flat.

Its like that bros.

1 self contain 120 -150k
1 bedroom flat 160 -250k
2 bedroom flat 200-300k
3 bedroom flat 250-400k
All na 2years with agency 10% and tenancy agreement 5%. No collect house with landlord inside o, else, uno go end up spending time in the police station.

I paid N440k for 1bdrm flat for 2 yrs in ewet housing. I was very lucky.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by sluvy4tune(m): 6:30am On Jul 16, 2014
adanny01:

Ufan mi.

That silverbird in uyo na the bigest disappointment. Incase you dont know, a movie like Robocop was showing in Uyo for complete 6months. Do you call that a movie theatre. Something went wrong in that place. When i arrived Uyo 2yrs ago, movie of the week was always N500. Atleast a new one every week while older ones are N300. That regime was more affordable than going to PH, Abj or Lagos. New movies atleast once a week some times 2. But now, na so so Nollywood movies especially the ones wey no get head and tail. The Hollywood movies like 3 for six months on a flat N250. The governor is always there and i think he forced the price down and they stop showing Hollywood movies.

Those girls ehnnn! Hmmmmmmmmm.

Those chickens na 8wks or less o. Cant stand it, if you like it, mfun iba.

Spot on, I have notice that about the movies too, but imagine how empty tropican would be if a movie ticket was #1500 as it is in abuja/lagos, u don't expect the very best with such a price. I confronted the management about those new movies & they told me producers refuse giving their movies for such price that they rather package them into DVD than bring to Uyo, an average Akwa ibomite is a civil servant increase that movie ticket to #1500 you will meet an empties hall.my suggestion to the management was that new movies ticket shud be sold for like #500 instead of not bringing them at atall, the beauty of cinema is that first to see it mentality+ the big screen factor (e dey ease stress pass)
As for the chicken, I get my supplier, fresh from the fire. he dare not bring me chicken of more than 24hrs.

Shey u trust ur girls nah grin abadie ?
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by sluvy4tune(m): 6:34am On Jul 16, 2014
adanny01:

Its like that bros.

1 self contain 120 -150k
1 bedroom flat 160 -250k
2 bedroom flat 200-300k
3 bedroom flat 250-400k
All na 2years with agency 10% and tenancy agreement 5%. No collect house with landlord inside o, else, uno go end up spending time in the police station.

I paid N440k for 1bdrm flat for 2 yrs in ewet housing. I was very lucky.

Not all be 2years bros, I have discovered na agent they put house for 2years so that him agency fee go increase. Not all landlord are interested in that you must pay for 2years nonsense. When you meet an agent emphasis on 1year.
Personally I can't pay ,ore than a year for any apartment, I am a business man I can't tie down investable money with a landlord for a whole year sad in the name of pay for 2years.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by sluvy4tune(m): 6:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Champella:

Badt Guy! So u don come dey enjoy my town like play like play o. All d same, u're welkum. Enjoy ur stay here

Thnx baddest guy !!! Your town get opportunity no be small o. I Don dey find wife sef.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 16, 2014
Anyone that says bayelsa (yenagoa/ brass) is not expensive don't know much of the place. The place is fucking expensive. Even when I first visited the place 2004, pure water has been selling for 10naira.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by mecussey(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2014
banega: Owerri my city is the las vegas of Nigeria,. While Enugu is another beautiful place smiley smiley• •

Yea this city is clean with beautiful babes everywhere...and the way Owelle dey arrange am now ehhh, a 3 bedroom flat will soon go to 50k per month.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by mystikal(m): 7:03am On Jul 16, 2014
What is all these pure water issue . Isn't it the same 10 naira everywhere bar Lagos maybe
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Yeboah10(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2014
sublimes: @Op, Yenagoa should come first on that list. Everything is damn expensive in that town.

SECONDED!! The high cost of living in yenagoa is too much. Imagine, i'd have to pay 25k every month for a room and parlour just because i want to live comfortable..

Una governor beta do something o!
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by billyG(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2014
Lagos is not cheap in transport u hav 2 take several drops 2 reach home even if it 30/drop,even time wasted in holdups is tantamount 2 hardearned money.time is expensive in Lag.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 8:08am On Jul 16, 2014
sluvy4tune:

Spot on, I have notice that about the movies too, but imagine how empty tropican would be if a movie ticket was #1500 as it is in abuja/lagos, u don't expect the very best with such a price. I confronted the management about those new movies & they told me producers refuse giving their movies for such price that they rather package them into DVD than bring to Uyo, an average Akwa ibomite is a civil servant increase that movie ticket to #1500 you will meet an empties hall.my suggestion to the management was that new movies ticket shud be sold for like #500 instead of not bringing them at atall, the beauty of cinema is that first to see it mentality+ the big screen factor (e dey ease stress pass)
As for the chicken, I get my supplier, fresh from the fire. he dare not bring me chicken of more than 24hrs.

Shey u trust ur girls nah grin abadie ?

Emesiere.

Funny enough, the theatre used to be full on new movie days and even afterwards. Am telling you, full theatres when it was N500. I watched skyfall when it came out new for N500, theatre 1 was full to the brim and people were not getting seats while even the first row where no one seats now were occupied. Midway in the movie Akpabio came in, we missed some minutes of the movie because people started hailing him and stood up. Then uou will see expatriates and their families. Now, upon all the cars and the people you see, na picture dey worry them and you have to be jumping over peoples legs seated there, who does that. If they return to old pricing and bring new hollywood movies, those theatres will fill up with genuine movie lovers while those who want Nollywood can still get some.

Afterall, i can swear the producers of those movies get paid by the state to show them. Even the former price i believe was subsidised by the state. Most, if not all of the nollywood movies shown there are produced or directed or acted or shot by an Akwaibom indigene or awka ibom was used as shooting location.

Do you know that when Arik air started Uyo route, they were paid by the state for empty seats! It has stopped though, since Arik, aero and Dana fly here.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2014
adanny01:

Emesiere.

Funny enough, the theatre used to be full on new movie days and even afterwards. Am telling you, full theatres when it was N500. I watched skyfall when it came out new for N500, theatre 1 was full to the brim and people were not getting seats while even the first row where no one seats now were occupied. Midway in the movie Akpabio came in, we missed some minutes of the movie because people started hailing him and stood up. Then uou will see expatriates and their families. Now, upon all the cars and the people you see, na picture dey worry them and you have to be jumping over peoples legs seated there, who does that. If they return to old pricing and bring new hollywood movies, those theatres will fill up with genuine movie lovers while those who want Nollywood can still get some.

Afterall, i can swear the producers of those movies get paid by the state to show them. Even the former price i believe was subsidised by the state. Most, if not all of the nollywood movies shown there are produced or directed or acted or shot by an Akwaibom indigene or awka ibom was used as shooting location.

Do you know that when Arik air started Uyo route, they were paid by the state for empty seats! It has stopped though, since Arik, aero and Dana fly here.

Maybe the time sky fall came out was when the cinema was still a new phenomenon in uyo.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by adanny01(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2014
django1:

Maybe the time sky fall came out was when the cinema was still a new phenomenon in uyo.

No it wasnt new. I was watching movies there for over 5 months before that movie. I heard it opened 2011 and i watched skyfall in early 2013.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2014
django1:

nope, I remembered watching robo cop very early this year in that cinema just after the movie was released.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Champella(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2014
sluvy4tune:

Thnx baddest guy !!! Your town get opportunity no be small o. I Don dey find wife sef.

Ah Broda! U worry o. Anyway, wife matter no b wahala sha. Abeg carry ur boy along na.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by efemena22(m): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2014
AlienfromMars: true talk joor. Lagos is not expensive. I have been to Lagos times without number. The only thing that is expensive their is accomodation. Imagine ordinary Benin city still sells pure water 10naira.
dis guy still dey complain, I understand say dem dey sell sachet water for 10naira, dat place na dry land. What about places like Yenagoa & Warri
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Evestar200(f): 10:58am On Jul 16, 2014
tsolz84: Hhmmm...ever been to owerri?
yea, just spend a day there
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Westymee: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
I stayed in P.h and there is one thing that you must know in p.h accomodation,food,fuel and transport nah die. Trust me folks
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
AlienfromMars: true talk joor. Lagos is not expensive. I have been to Lagos times without number. The only thing that is expensive their is accomodation. Imagine ordinary Benin city still sells pure water 10naira.

Really?

Did you just pass through Lagos or you visited? Maybe you should come and spend a year or two.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Edoblakky(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
Many people are saying what they know nothing about. I used to live in PH and my 2 bedroom apartment in Woji cost 200k per annum. When I came to Lagos, my 3 bedroom apartment in Lekki before chevron drive cost over 1M. Some 3 bedroom cost 1.5M around my house, in Lekki phase 1, it's much higher. I agree PH houses cost but they are less compared to Lagos!
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
McWhillion:
Then you've missed the point here, if an Eastern village is more expensive to live in than Lagos, do one need to tell you that it would be much more expensive to live in their cities.

I'm sure you have not been to the east, otherwise I don't know how you can open your mouth and say things are more expensive in eastern villages than the largest city in Nigeria. Is it housing, transportation, education, what is it self?
Let me forgive your utterance,.seeing you made it out of ignorance.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by DobleO7: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: I don't agree with you, lagos should be on that list, most people don't know what it takes to train children in a comfortable housing in lagos. The cheapest areas in lagos will be probably ikotun, egbe, igando and environs are relatively more expensive than most cities in nigeria. The only thing cheap in lagos is food and maybe clothings.

Tell him..brother. Let him come to Lekki and its environs and see what we residents experience.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Moskylatata(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=Iykopee]kai, PH na die. Common 2 bedroom flat na 500k per annum. In highbrow areas, like new GRA and old GRA, u will start planning to purchase a land and build ur own house cos 600k for a year rent is no childs play.[/quot
I recently got to know about a 2 bedroom apartment in Enugu GRA that goes for 800K, 3. Bedroom in Newhaven is now going for 500K-600K, independence Layout my friend paid 800K for 3 bedroom, so I think 500K In GRA PHC is relatively cheap.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by GoodcasHMan: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ha aaaaa, where do you put my village? You must go for further studies
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nely77(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
The person saying that Lagos is not expensive might have been living in those near boundary locations like Abule Egba and beyond. He/she might have not spent time inside Lagos. Come to my area in Lekki and see how expensive Lagos really is.
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
customized13: dat means ph is cheap na, if you pay 500k per annum in GRA, some parts in lagos pay 1.2million per annum.

The guy who told you rent in GRA PH is 600k must be a beneficiary of abandoned property.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
jpphilips:

The guy who told you rent in GRA PH is 600k must be a beneficiary of abandoned property.
lol, I no fit laff abeg
Re: 8 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria? by sluvy4tune(m): 5:54am On Jul 17, 2014
jpphilips:

Guy your bad mouth no get part2 chai, Maybe the guy consider eligbam axis as GRA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... / The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.