Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Mikel Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls (497 Views)

Mikel Obi Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls / Oliseh Prays For Golden Eaglets / Activist Prays For Mali To Defeat Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by surawilly(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2014
Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel is praying for the release and safe return of the kidnapped girls of Chibok, Borno State, who have been held for more than 90 days by the Boko Haram sect.

More than 200 secondary school girls were taken from their dormitory as they prepared for their final exams in April in the north eastern Nigeria town.

The Chelsea star was pictured carrying a cardboard with the popular #BringBackOurGirls hash tag on his club’s official Twitter account on May 14, but spoke about the issue publicly for the first time on Monday.  

“I wish I knew where those girls are, I would go there, pick them up and bring them back but it’s out of my hands,” Mikel said, while responding to a question by Goal at a soiree by Amstel Malta in Lagos.

In August 2011, Mikel’s dad was kidnapped in Jos but released after about 10 days in captivity. It is such positive ending he hopes will happen to the girls of Chibok.

“We will keep praying and keep hoping that [the girls] are all safe and they will return to their families,” said the midfielder, whose appearance in an Amstel commercial chronicled his early struggles as a young footballer.

The 27-year-old helped Nigeria reach the second round of the World Cup in Brazil before losing 2-0 to France.

He was named man of the match in their first game against Iran but came under criticism after the final match against Les Bleus where he struggled to impose himself on the encounter.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4959665?ICID=HP_HN_1

1 Like

Re: Mikel Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by Ola2njee: 5:39am On Jul 15, 2014
I prayed too... angry[b][/b]
Re: Mikel Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by morhsuud22(m): 5:53am On Jul 15, 2014
At least his reasoning isn't SLOW
Re: Mikel Prays For Release Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Good to know,but he should also pray for his dwindling performance too..

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Team Now 34th Position By Fifa Ranking / CAS Upholds Suarez 4-months Ban,but Allowes To Train With Fc Barcelona / Boxing: Preview For Mayweather Vs. Maidana Rematch Don't Miss This Great Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.