Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal (1777 Views)

Good News? Is This True About Nigeria Paypal? / Reason PAYPAL Is Yet To Refund The Debited Sum Of Money From Nigeria Paypal Acct / How To Open,verify And Manage Nigeria Paypal Account Plus Support And Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by mrrock: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2014
It's a pity despite the bad image Nigeria receive on account of internet related activities many Nigerians remains uninformed about so many things on the internet.

Recently, paypal started allowing Nigerians use their service legitimately. But, from what I'm reading online of user experiences it appears Nigerians are having problems with completing transactions and as usual we're quick to blame it on Nigeria instead of paypal. Therefore, I decided to create this thread to let people share their experience with the new Nigeria paypal.

The reason I'm doing this is to get everybody causious of paypal. I opened my first paypal account sometime in 2003 not long it was founded. From my person experience with paypal before they arrived Nigeria I can tell you it's not a perfect payment option though they've hyped themselves to be believed as such. For your information paypal was founded by a hacker who wanted a method he could use to accept payment online anonymously. And it still bear remnants of that original purpose it was founded. You will do better just using paypal to accept payment fraudulently or legally as the case may be than using it to PAY. I can go as far as telling you they lean towards sellers most of the time than buyers and they do not truly care about both, all they truly care for is taking their commission from you after a transaction. Just go to google and type "paypal is a scam" and you will see countless users complaining.

If you do not want to tell sad tales about your money DO NOT use paypal to buy anything online other than ''download products'' of $5, $10, $50, such things. That's the only thing it's good for. Once you begin using it to send or accept payments of from $100 you will start having a bad taste. The whole paypal thing is still an idea in process. Paypal is not yet a standard means of payment and they have no rules. They keep shifting the goal post any time you have a complaint against them. They don't tell you all this but I want Nigerians know.

Let us know:

1. Have you used your Nigeria paypal to complete a transaction without problem?.

2. Was this transaction a product shipped you or an online service like a download?.
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by jakiedudu(m): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2014
Guys you need to be extra carefull when dealing with Paypal. They are big time coporate thieves.
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by Tonjeola1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Paypal wahala
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by feminineA: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
jakiedudu: Guys you need to be extra carefull when dealing with Paypal. They are big time coporate thieves.

Thats a lie. i have been using paypal since 2009 and am yet to be defrauded. I have protection which is very crucial.

Although i have registered my paypal here am still observing. Yet to use the platform for any meaningful transaction
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by djayxpro: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
mrrock: It's a pity despite the bad image Nigeria receive on account of internet related activities many Nigerians remains uninformed about so many things on the internet.
Recently, paypal started allowing Nigerians use their service legitimately. But, from what I'm reading online of user experiences it appears Nigerians are having problems with completing transactions and as usual we're quick to blame it on Nigeria instead of paypal. Therefore, I decided to create this thread to let people share their experience with the new Nigeria paypal.
The reason I'm doing this is to get everybody causious of paypal. I opened my first paypal account sometime in 2003 not long it was founded. From my person experience with paypal before they arrived Nigeria I can tell you it's not a perfect payment option though they've hyped themselves to be believed as such. For your information paypal was founded by a hacker who wanted a method he could use to accept payment online anonymously. And it still bear remnants of that original purpose it was founded. You will do better just using paypal to accept payment fraudulently or legally as the case may be than using it to PAY. I can go as far as telling you they lean towards sellers most of the time than buyers and they do not truly care about both, all they truly care for is taking their commission from you after a transaction. Just go to google and type "paypal is a scam" and you will see countless users complaining.
If you do not want to tell sad tales about your money DO NOT use paypal to buy anything online other than ''download products'' of $5, $10, $50, such things. That's the only thing it's good for. Once you begin using it to send or accept payments of from $100 you will start having a bad taste. The whole paypal thing is still an idea in process. Paypal is not yet a standard means of payment and they have no rules. They keep shifting the goal post any time you have a complaint against them. They don't tell you all this but I want Nigerians know.
Let us know:
1. Have you used your Nigeria paypal to complete a transaction without problem?.
2. Was this transaction a product shipped you or an online service like a download?.

Hi.

If not Paypal, what? Is there a business corp like Paypal no matter how small? If Nigerians don't go for Paypal, what could be the alternative? #justcurious...

Personally, I use Paypal, not for huge transactions, but ebay and below $100 stuff. I have never been scammed (I think). grin

How is Paypal of benefit to individuals (besides the safe payment stuff)? Oh, and how is Paypal 'detrimental' to developing countries, but not to developed countries? ...and what's the benefit for individuals in developed countries?

[complete fresher in anything economics here. Forgive my very basic questions]
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by sluvy4tune(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Maybe my question will be answered here, I want to make a transfer to another PayPal user but its not going all I get is Transactions can not be completed. Some1 told me you can not send money via Nigeria PayPal

I need clarifications on this mbok
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by mrrock: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
djayxpro:

Hi.

If not Paypal, what? Is there a business corp like Paypal no matter how small? If Nigerians don't go for Paypal, what could be the alternative? #justcurious...

Personally, I use Paypal, not for huge transactions, but ebay and below $100 stuff. I have never been scammed (I think). grin

How is Paypal of benefit to individuals (besides the safe payment stuff)? Oh, and how is Paypal 'detrimental' to developing countries, but not to developed countries? ...and what's the benefit for individuals in developed countries?

[complete fresher in anything economics here. Forgive my very basic questions]

Yes, paypal is detrimental to our economy in that they do not allow Nigerians to receive money with their paypal account. Nigerians are only allowed to purchase thereby sending cash overseas for western economic development but for our underdevelopment. Of what use is a bank account, if you're only allowed to send money with your account but not receive?
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by maxibrainz: 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
I tried to make payment on a site using PayPal but I was told to link another card apart from my primary debit card to enable me pay, I linked another card the Payment still didn't work out, I was still asked to link another card what is the problem? everything both my card and email is already verified
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by tonjeola(m): 9:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
sluvy4tune: Maybe my question will be answered here, I want to make a transfer to another PayPal user but its not going all I get is Transactions can not be completed. Some1 told me you can not send money via Nigeria PayPal

I need clarifications on this mbok
ve u verified ur paypal with ur ID? not with ur visa/master card!
because when i open paypal around June, a day after they started operation in Nigeria, i linked my Access visa thinking ve been verified, only for me to make payment after some weeks then i knew ve NOT been verified because i keep getting error transaction, then login only to see that my paypal account has been limited. the message there was for me to submit some documents for them to lift the limited, so i submitted my National ID, some people submitted bank statement,driver's licence and utility bill before it was lifted.
login into ur account to see if u ve been limited. Then verify it, that is all.
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by tonjeola(m): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
maxibrainz: I tried to make payment on a site using PayPal but I was told to link another card apart from my primary debit card to enable me pay, I linked another card the Payment still didn't work out, I was still asked to link another card what is the problem? everything both my card and email is already verified
ve u login to find out?
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by maxibrainz: 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
tonjeola:
ve u login to find out?
yes but found nothing
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by supremejoe(m): 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello Everybody,

I have used paypal several times on fiverr,Ebay,and some other sites that accept paypal and it was all successful.

The problem of not unable to send payment might come from your card when there is no enough funds in your card.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by tonjeola(m): 2:26am On Aug 03, 2014
maxibrainz: yes but found nothing
best thing is to call them, am using mine without no issue
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by yebokos(f): 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
tonjeola:
please bro,how do u submit ur national ID,do u scan or snap or what?and hope my national ID I collected 2003 will be accepted.Thanks in advance
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by yebokos(f): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
tonjeola:
please bro,how do u submit ur national ID,or utility bill(can I use NEPA bill)do u scan or snap or what?and hope my national ID I collected 2003 will be accepted,also how do u verify ur address..this are d two cause of my limitation,Thanks in advance
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by solbash11(m): 1:28am On Aug 04, 2014
yebokos: please bro,how do u submit ur national ID,or utility bill(can I use NEPA bill)do u scan or snap or what?
You'll have to scan the items, don't snap it.

yebokos: and hope my national ID I collected 2003 will be accepted,
Yes it'll be accepted.

yebokos: how do u verify ur address..this are d two cause of my limitation

Just ensure that the address which appear on the 2 scanned items you'll be submitting (PHCN or any other utility bill, and your National ID card) matches together with the address information used on to register your PayPal account.

Hope this helps!
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by tonjeola(m): 2:06am On Aug 04, 2014
yebokos: please bro,how do u submit ur national ID,or utility bill(can I use NEPA bill)do u scan or snap or what?and hope my national ID I collected 2003 will be accepted,also how do u verify ur address..this are d two cause of my limitation,Thanks in advance
login into ur paypal acct, in front of the limitation message there is a clickable link, click on it and submit ur 2003 national id, that was what i used. no nepa bill, i just attached a small note that the address on my id is my house address. thank u
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by Jeffy1206(m): 5:07am On Aug 04, 2014
tonjeola:
ve u verified ur paypal with ur ID? not with ur visa/master card!
because when i open paypal around June, a day after they started operation in Nigeria, i linked my Access visa thinking ve been verified, only for me to make payment after some weeks then i knew ve NOT been verified because i keep getting error transaction, then login only to see that my paypal account has been limited. the message there was for me to submit some documents for them to lift the limited, so i submitted my National ID, some people submitted bank statement,driver's licence and utility bill before it was lifted.
login into ur account to see if u ve been limited. Then verify it, that is all.
means i got very lucky, I was only told to linko my card which I did and it was lifted. Now I transact smoothly...
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by yebokos(f): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks all bigger you
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by tonjeola(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2014
Jeffy1206: means i got very lucky, I was only told to linko my card which I did and it was lifted. Now I transact smoothly...
Lucky u. do u started using it immediately?
mine was after 4 weeks started using it, mayb that was the case
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by yebokos(f): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2014
Morni house,whn I login my paypal I c a massage saying my account is limited...2 of d re acquired is still in progress for like 2days now. Apart from dat deir is dis place ontop of d page were they write check ur limits,when I click its what I c is ur limits have been lifted...pls sumone share more light on dis please.Thanks have a nice day.
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by yebokos(f): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2014
Morin house,whn I login my paypal I c a massage saying my account is limited...2 of d re acquired is still in progress for like 2days now. Apart from dat deir is dis place ontop of d page were they write check ur limits,when I click its what I c is ur limits have been lifted...pls sumone share more light on dis please.Thanks have a nice day.
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by Jeffy1206(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2014
tonjeola:
Lucky u. do u started using it immediately?
mine was after 4 weeks started using it, mayb that was the case
Ye used it immediately...
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by jta2012(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
thanks friends,i have joined ,linked my credit card bt i have not bn able
to pay wordpress for upgrade of my site since last week despite that the
initial verification have bn done with debit of $1.95c
I nd assistance in this regard.

Taiye
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by BestNaija(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2014
PayPal says receiving money till further notice.
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by Jeffy1206(m): 3:49am On Sep 30, 2014
How long does it take PayPal to refund money into your account?
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by Tweetums(f): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2014
Jeffy1206: How long does it take PayPal to refund money into your account?
within 5 to 14days
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by Jeffy1206(m): 1:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Tweetums: within 5 to 14days
thanks been refunded after 2days
Re: Share Your Experience On The New Nigeria Paypal by awe2015(f): 4:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Paypal is the Best!

They refunded me back within 4 days i issued a dispute... Na who dey brag nonsense about PayPal abi na Pay-Friend wink grin

(1) (Reply)

Mandatory Sms Alert On Bank Transactions / Sell On Jumia, Konga, Dealdey, Kaymu, Etc, From BENIN! / Urgent Sale Of Galaxy Large Format Printer 1.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.