Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:05 PM

The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income (54623 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Starting A Plantain Farming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
@ Fartech , the land in Ikire is not part of river basin land hence it is not government property so u can buy & do all documentations.

To do well in crop production 4 basic things are necessary - apply the right source of nutrient, at the right rate, at the right time, and in the right place — but it's implementation is knowledge-intensive and site-specific.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
Farming is not that easy but it can be lucrative, some crops give the farmer money for years without no need to replant except if some of the crop die.
Plantain is one of them....as you are making money from the produce the land keep appreciating.

We have a major market close to our farm settlement that operate ever 5 days to absorb our different produce.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by bawelat: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
pls i need plantain sukker in lagos how can u help me thanks.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
@bawelate, send me a mail to eesteeresources@gmail.com
if u pay for d suckers & d transportation Fee u will get it. l sell to people in d eastern part of Nigeria not to talk of Lagos
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by chukz4real(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Boluwa.

The problem of most Nigerians (inclusive of my very self) is not going to agriculture even in medium scale but market availability to dispose the produce at the end of the day.... What do you have to say about this?

boluwajokosegun: Thanks @ advante, give this country 3 years u won't believe what God will do in terms of agriculture, if u take away hunger, d people will listen to God & nobody will decive d masses besides unemployment will reduce
To be Frank u are also doing a great work too.
All we have to do is team up....
l will do u a mail soon
Many Thanks
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2014
@Chukz4real , do feasibility study, most people dont do it, with that you dont have any problem because all the way out would be well spelt out.
You can do contract farming
You can laching as many local weekly markets arroubd your farm location
You could process & sell to those who will repackage & sell
You could add value to the processed product & package into small unit
There are so many ways out just consult a consultant but most people dont want to pay for that service but are looking for free information hence they born their finger.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by bawelat: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
boluwajokosegun: @bawelate, send me a mail to eesteeresources@gmail.com
if u pay for d suckers & d transportation Fee u will get it. l sell to people in d eastern part of Nigeria not to talk of Lagos
i am short of funds right know,how much is it per sukker,what will transport to ikorodu be for like 300 pieces and will u be kind enough to guide me along with all d tecnicalities involve till maturity.tanz.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
The time to plant plantain suckers is still on but note that the suckers need to stabilize before the end of rain session ortherwise it will die but if you have irrigation then you are good to go.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by FarmTech(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
boluwajokosegun: @ Fartech , the land in Ikire is not part of river basin land hence it is not government property so u can buy & do all documentations.

To do well in crop production 4 basic things are necessary - apply the right source of nutrient, at the right rate, at the right time, and in the right place — but it's implementation is knowledge-intensive and site-specific.
ok tnks.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
Keep it rolling boluwajoko.
Plantain business is highly lucrative.

Contact 08164628081 for plantain suckers and for management services.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by EmmaAjayi(m): 4:37am On Aug 26, 2014
boluwajokosegun: The time to plant plantain suckers is still on but note that the suckers need to stabilize before the end of rain session ortherwise it will die but if you have irrigation then you are good to go.
. As you rightly advised, I want to go & inspect a farmland in Ogbomoso before monthend. If negotiation+agreement is reached to acquire like about 5 acres, I need to know how many suckers will be enough to start up. Is it ok to plant in September being off season?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2014
Yes it is possible to plant in sept

You can even plant all year round if you can set up well & get a small mobile pumping machine & wet 3 times a week during dry season once the plantain sucker stabilize you can reduce to twice a week but the watering must be done very early in the morning before sun shine so as to privent the roots being cooked by the sun turning the water to hot or better still wet after sun set if it is possible for you to stay on farm later at night.

Happy Framing - Go & Feed The World

2 Likes

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
Yes it is possible to plant in sept

You can even plant all year round if you can set up well & get a small mobile pumping machine & wet 3 times a week during dry season once the plantain sucker stabilize you can reduce to twice a week but the watering must be done very early in the morning before sun shine so as to privent the roots being cooked by the sun turning the water to hot or better still wet after sun set if it is possible for you to stay on farm later at night.

Happy Framing - Go & Feed The World

You are right.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:20am On Aug 29, 2014
Thank you @ Farmtech, i do not mean govt farm settlement but a village land available for sale. Plantain is better done on personal property but if you can lease for 15 years u can plant plantain, come to think of it what sense is in leasing for 15 yr when the price difference of buying & leasing for 15 years are so close. So buying is the best, in 15 years to come the price of that same same would never be the same again.

We also have 100 acres of land in Ikire just less than two hours from Ibadan oyo state for sale with document very good for farming at N55k per acres. If you want we can manage the farm for you. There we manage farms for investors

We are also working on companies who will buy all the produce at maturity. We are creating room for a business model that will create good market for the business.

DO YOU HAVE INTEREST & INVESTMENT CASH BUT NO TIME OR NO GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF FARMING, THEN OUR COMPANY CAN SET UP THE FARM & ALSO MAINTAIN THE FARM FOR A FEE.

Anything you touch in agriculture is gold if you are ready to be patient.

Oh, wow! Agropreneurship does not mean one has to literally work on the farm, is this right ?
Not necessarily, in fact it applies to all business. What is great about entrepreneurs is their uncanny ability to see opportunities where others did not but most times entrepreneurs do not have the technical ability to make this opportunity into money. They usually have to hire the technical expert.
Money! Money!! Money!!! Seems to be what everybody seeks, unfortunately, not everyone knows the way of getting rich. Thus, the statement "THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GETS POORER" is true, not because the rich has money and the poor does not, but because of the inability of the poor to recognize opportunities each time they come around, what is the meaning of Poor? It’s simply P-Passing, O- Over, O-Opportunity, R-Repeatedly. So they stick to the old pattern of living & keeping on managing their way through life forgetting that the world is changing really fast from the industrial age into information Age. Talent and education are not enough. Determination and perseverance are very important.

More than 10 different snacks can be made with plantain flour which is better than wheat flour, you can also make plantain bread, meat pie, dough nut, biscuits, flakes, cereal etc. The natural flavors in the powdered form can also be utilized in industrial food processing. Foods and drinks such as cakes, ice creams, yoghurt and custard are flavored to enhance their taste.

We also have some acres for sale in Ibadan good for farm.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2014
You can get me on 08136650972. Do all your planting now before the season is over but agric should go beyond depending on raining season if you know what to do.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Good to hear that many youth are into plantains farming.
A farmer lost all his plantain by poor management
Another lost 80% of d crops by wrong fertilizer / manure application

Another got poor yield due to poor spacing

Another got it wrong using poor local suckers

Two ways to get it right
1. Go for training & get materials
2. Contract d project to consultant that is a farmer and learn from the farmer.

Happy Farming - Go & Feed Nations
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by knowledge4(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Op, what you have done is wrong o!.
Some of the posts on this thread were lifted directly from my 2nd signature,word for word, without giving credit to whom it is due.

1 Like

Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by knowledge4(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
The following Nigerian states have the best comparative advantage for plantain and
banana farming:
Lagos, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Oshun, Ekiti, Edo,
Delta, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Bayelsa,
Abia and Ebonyi.

The domestic uses of plantain are:

Fried slices (dodo) and plantain chips .The industrial uses are plantain flour/bread,
cake/pancake,baby foods,wine,beer,dried flakes,biscuits and cookies.
Modern breeding has produced high yielding varieties

Two ways to do the business:
a) You can buy acres of land, drill bore hole, do land preparation, plant trees as wind
breakers and plant good grade suckers and secure the farm . You can intercrop with our
hybrid MELON so as to maximize the land (Integrated farming)
b) You can go for government land available for lease all over Nigeria. The lands are
managed by the various River Basin Development Authorities across Nigeria, they
can help you to prepare the land with their lease tractor and they also have irrigation
facility, plant trees as wind breakers and plant good grade suckers and secure the
farm. You can intercrop with our hybrid MELON so as to maximize the land
(Integrated farming)
If you need land for agriculture, government land is available for lease all over Nigeria.
The lands are managed by the various River Basin Development Authorities across
Nigeria.
For the lands managed by the Ogun- Oshun River Basin Authority, which covers
Lagos, Ogun, Oshun and Oyo States, they have offices in those states where you can
go to pay N2500.00 per acre of land per year.

If you are one of those looking for salary jobs in today's Nigeria, or you have just one
sources of income, please stop that madness. Go pay N2500.00 for a hectare of
land for Cassavaa/plantain farming.

There are two benefits to you:
One, you buy at a cheaper price than you will if you buy during the planting season.
Two, you will not wait 12 months from planting to harvest. If you are a starter,
ensure that you are buying the improved variety sucker and buy from the right
sources. Do not be deceived to buy the local variety sucker if what you want is the
improved variety sucker.
The beauty of the plantain plant is in its ability to reproduce itself in geometric
proportions. A healthy plantain plant can reproduce about 5 suckers around it which
means that one plant has produced another 5 plants.
Therefore, you will not have to buy fresh suckers for planting for the 2nd year and
beyond. There are three benefits to you. First benefit is that you won’t be buying fresh
suckers for planting in the 2nd year
Second benefit is that you can sell the suckers while waiting for the harvest of the plantain
bunches from the existing plants. Thirdly, you can transplant the suckers on another
plot of land which means that your farm is expanding without buying fresh suckers.

There are two types of suckers in Nigeria – the local variety and the improved variety
sucker. The local variety sucker takes about two years to mature from planting to harvest
while the improved variety takes one year. The local variety generally has lower yields
and more disease-prone, while the improved variety has higher yields in terms of fingers
per bunch, size of the fingers and the sweetness of the fruits.
The improved variety brings faster returns on investment than the local variety sucker. The
improved variety comes in different grades that indicate the level of improvement.
Always go for the latest improved variety sucker. If you are a starter, go for the
improved variety sucker.
However, note that the improved variety sucker is costlier than the local variety
sucker.
When the planting season commences, at the start of the rains, the improved variety
sucker costs about N120.00 to N150.00 per sucker even from official sources. The
demand for the improved variety sucker is high.

Op,you lifted the post above from my 2nd signature. This is plagiarism!
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by knowledge4(m): 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
boluwajokosegun:
THE GOLDMINE IN PLANTAIN FARMING – Regular Sources of Income

Plantain and banana are widely cultivated in the southern and middle belt regions in
Nigeria. The annual local production outruns the demand. Being a highly perishable food
item, substantial quantities rot away in a short period after harvest.
When the rains start which signals the commencement of planting, the plantain
farmers plant at the same time. They harvest at the same period and flood the markets
with the product. After a short while, the product soon becomes scarce where much
rots away due to unavailable technology for conversion for a longer shelf life.
The solution is to process the fruits into a powdered form which can be packaged and
stored for a longer time without spoilage and wastage occurring. The natural flavors in the
powdered form can also be utilized in industrial food processing.
Foods and drinks such as cakes, ice creams, yoghurt and custard are flavored to enhance
their taste. The flavors are imported into Nigeria and are synthetic, therefore not as
good as the natural flavors in banana and plantain powder. The natural flavors can be
imparted into other foods.
There is a readymade market within and outside Nigeria for banana and plantain
powder. Nigerians in the diaspora, who are looking for businesses to do in Nigeria can
look into the aspect of setting up a suitable processing technology to convert banana
and plantain into powdered form. The benefits are many to the farmers and to the
economy.
When the planting season commences, at the start of the rain. The improved variety
sucker costs about N120.00 to N150.00 per sucker even from official sources. The
demand for the improved variety sucker is hig

OP,you lifted the post above from my signature below without giving credit to whom it is due.This is plagiarism!
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
The introduction is an extract online but i cannot even remember where i got it from but i did some edition and i did the costing & i never claim onwership because there is nothing new that i woiuld have writen on it but i butress the points which anybody can pick up. Note that there are many copy & paste write up online. So sorry about it.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
For drying raw agriculture produce the machine that can dry 4 to 5 tons using charcoal of just N200, it does not use direct heat and it cost ...N360k

It can dry vegetables, tubers, Plantain, fish, chicken, Grasscuter, maize, etc
Call Gbenga: 08136650972

You can come over & have a look is u care.

Do you know that an investor can buy such machine & position it where farmer produce large quantities of farm produce & it ussually leads to wastage every season. For example tomatoes all you have to do is buy at very cheap ggive away price , dry , bag , stored & sell at off season or time of scasity.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 7:36am On Sep 12, 2014
The truth is that the future of agriculture in this country is processing

To dry raw agriculture produce there is a machine that can dry 4 to 5 tons using charcoal of just N200, it does not use direct heat and it cost ...N360k

It can dry vegetables, tubers, cassava, fish, chicken, Grasscuter, maize, etc
Call Gbenga: 08136650972

You can come over & have a look if u care.

Do you know that an investor can buy such machine & position it where farmers produce large quantities of farm produce & it ussually leads to wastage every season. For example Melon(egusi) ,tomatoes and pepper all you have to do is buy at very cheap\give away price , dry , bag , stored & sell at off season or time of scasity.

It can be positioned close to any major market where tomatoes and pepper ussualy waste, infact do a small suvey in your area of major market arround you to discover what i means. All you have todo is buy all the almost getting bad tomatoes and pepper then process to dry.
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2014
I want to thank all my new clients for the patronage God bless you & i will keep supporting you .

The season to plant plantain is going but you can still plant year round if you have well or borehole on your farm. That is good business , a farm that depend only on rain cannot be compared with the one that get water every week of the year.
Go & feed the world

Eestee global Resources-- Sustainability Through Food
Gbenga
WhatApp:08182355047
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Gadgetmobil(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
boluwajokosegun:

There is money to be made in the agricultural industry. The CBN had pumped N200 Billion into agriculture to give loans @ 9% to interested Nigerians. The agricultural commodities covered under the scheme are Cotton, oil palm, fruit trees, rubber, sugar cane,cocoa,rice,wheat,cassava,maize,soya,beans,millet,tomatoes,vegetables,meat,diary and piggery, fingerlings and catfish and many others.

HOW TO ACCESS LOANS FOR YOUR FARM
If you are one of those Nigerians, roaming the streets for non-existing white collar jobs, put on your thinking cap and stay glued to this write up

The Federal Government of Nigeria has provisioned N200 Billion as loans to genuine farmers. The loans can only be disbursed through the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), formerly known as the Nigerian Agricultural Credit and Rural Development Bank Limited (NACRDB).

The steps to obtain the loan are as follows:
1) Locate the office of the Bank of Agriculture that covers the area or local government area where your farm is situated and open an account with the bank with a minimum deposit of N2,000.00

2) For the ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) requirements, you must present your NEPA Bill which confirms your place of residence + any of the approved means of identification such as International Passport, Drivers License, National Identity Card or Voters Registration Card. If you do not have the NEPA bill, forget the loan and do not waste your time going near the bank.

3) Other requirements are:
Complete and signed account form
Complete and signed mandate card
Present 4 passport photographs of yourself

4) You must run and operate the account for at least 3 -6months before applying for the loan. Do not think that you can just open the account, abandon it and show up after 6 months for the loan. The loan is not the usual national cake and the bank, newly repositioned, is not fooled. If you play that old game, the bank will doubt your integrity and commitment to repay the loan if granted and that means you may not get it.
Running and operating the loan means that you make it an active account. This means making sure that you save money and withdraw from the account on a regular basis. The bank wants to see that there are transactions going on in the account. Therefore, you should make regular deposits and withdrawals on the account during the 6 month period to create an active relationship that makes the bank have confidence in you.

5) You must have an existing farm, be it small or big at a fixed location and the farm must have its record of operations and activities on a daily basis neatly kept. The era of armchair farmers/political farmers/farms of no fixed address/classroom farmers are over. The bank will visit your farm for inspection when you apply for the loan.

6) The bank will check what you have on ground; see how far you have gone; what the loan is required for, and ensure that the loan is appropriate for what it is required. The bank wants to know whether you have an adequate knowledge of your area of farming business. You must be able to demonstrate the practical hands-on experience in your area of farming. The bank wants to know whether you have a project you are working on and the fund requirements. And within a month of the inspection, the loan will be approved if the bank is satisfied.

ADVANTAGE
THE LOAN DEDUCTION STARTS AFTER 6 MONTHS OF COLLECTION USSAGE BECAUSE IT IS FOR AGRICULTURE WHICH IS EXPECTED TO HAVE STABILIZED AT THE END OF 6 MONTHS.

What are you waiting for?
Get the land ready and start setting up the farm with what you have presently.
Then, go open an account with the Bank of Agriculture and operate it as required for at least 6 months.
Make an estimate of the farm’s fund requirements and get it ready before applying for the loan.

As i post this write up many nigerians have gotten the loan, some are awaiting their's while other are about to start the process.

Contact Gbenga: 08136650972 for more information, (9am to 9pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 9pm- Sunday) for more details- We are into plantain, pineapple, palm tree, rubber ,moringa ,maize, cassava, vegetable ,melon ,watermelon ,cabbage plantation farm , you can also buy all kinds of seedlings from us. We also have quail, glasscutter, rabbit ,snail, ostrich ,Flightless-guinea fowl , imported turkey .
Send email to eesteeresources@gmail.com
or whatsApp: 08182355047.

Diamond bank is also giving out loan to farmers who wants to expand their farm.

Following you Boss
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by deboski6: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
bros well done, I want to belong to your group, so how do we finalise this. I need 1 acre where will d location be?bros well done, I want to belong to your group, so how do we finalise this. I need 1 acre where will d location be?bros well done, I want to belong to your group, so how do we finalise this. I need 1 acre where will d location be?
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by deboski6: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
check your watsapp
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by AreaFada2: 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Great thread
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by AreaFada2: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
boluwajokosegun:

THE GOLDMINE IN PLANTAIN FARMING – Regular Sources of Income

Plantain and banana are widely cultivated in the southern and middle belt regions in
Nigeria. The annual local production outruns the demand. Being a highly perishable food
item, substantial quantities rot away in a short period after harvest.
When the rains start which signals the commencement of planting, the plantain
farmers plant at the same time. They harvest at the same period and flood the markets
with the product. After a short while, the product soon becomes scarce where much
rots away due to unavailable technology for conversion for a longer shelf life.
The solution is to process the fruits into a powdered form which can be packaged and
stored for a longer time without spoilage and wastage occurring. The natural flavors in the
powdered form can also be utilized in industrial food processing.
Foods and drinks such as cakes, ice creams, yoghurt and custard are flavored to enhance
their taste. The flavors are imported into Nigeria and are synthetic, therefore not as
good as the natural flavors in banana and plantain powder. The natural flavors can be
imparted into other foods.
There is a readymade market within and outside Nigeria for banana and plantain
powder. Nigerians in the diaspora, who are looking for businesses to do in Nigeria can
look into the aspect of setting up a suitable processing technology to convert banana
and plantain into powdered form. The benefits are many to the farmers and to the
economy.
When the planting season commences, at the start of the rain. The improved variety
demand for the improved variety sucker is high.

Contact Gbenga: 08182355047 for improved variety sucker that produce double bunch,
send email to eesteeresources@gmail.com
To see pictures or it can be send to you on 08136650972 or whatsApp: 08182355047.

Investment Costing

STAGE 1: Cost of buying 1 acre of land N55,000 .
STAGE 2: Cost of using manual labour for land preparation at N15,000/acre
STAGE 3: Cost of buying 1,000 double bunch Plantain suckers @ N150 each is N150,000.
STAGE 4: Transportation of suckers to farm, estimated is N10,000
STAGE 5: Cost of Planting 1,000 suckers at N15 per stand is N15,000
STAGE 6: 1st -5th Weeding @ N30, 000.
STAGE 7: Purchase of Manure/Fertilizer, Transportation & Fertilizer Application @ N25,000.
STAGE 8: Security @ N50, 000/year.
STAGE 9: Management fee @ N50, 000/year

TOTAL= N350,000. + Miscellaneous 30,000 = N380,000
At harvest you will get 2,000 bunches, if you sell at give away price of N800 each, you will have N1.6Million and 3,000 New Suckers. By 2nd -3rd year this Plantain Farm may expand to 2 or 3 Acres if seed suckers and proceeds are reinvested. With a Projected Return On Investment ranging between N1Million and N4Million by 3rd year if expanded.

We also have 50 acres of land in Ikire just less than two hours from Ibadan, oyo state for sale with document very good for farming at N55k per acres. If you want we can manage the farm for you. There we manage farms for investors
If you are interested after paying we prepare a FREE BUSINESS PLAN for the business based on the number of acres you buy & invest on.
We are also working on companies who will buy all the produce at maturity. We are creating room for a business model that will create good market for the business.

DO YOU HAVE INTEREST & INVESTMENT CASH BUT NO TIME, THEN OUR COMPANY CAN SET UP THE FARM & ALSO MAINTAIN THE FARM OR MANAGE THE FARM WITH YOUR STAFF FOR A FEE. Anything you touch in agriculture is gold if you are ready to be patient.
Oh, wow! Agropreneurship does not mean one has to literally work on the farm, is this right ?
Not necessarily, in fact it applies to all business. What is great about entrepreneurs is their uncanny ability to see opportunities where others did not but most times entrepreneurs do not have the technical ability to make this opportunity into money. They usually have to hire the technical expert.

Money! Money!! Money!!! Seems to be what everybody seeks, unfortunately, not everyone knows the way of getting rich. Thus, the statement "THE RICH GET RICHER AND THE POOR GETS POORER" is true, not because the rich has money and the poor does not, but because of the inability of the poor to recognize opportunities each time they come around, what is the meaning of Poor? It’s simply P-Passing, O- Over, O-Opportunity, R-Repeatedly. So they stick to the old pattern of living & keeping on managing their way through life forgetting that the world is changing really fast from the industrial age into information Age.

Hi Sege,

I guess I'm late to begin this year but am still interested. How reliably can the plantain farm be managed for somebody living outside SW zone?

The 50k security cost, is it just for 1 acre or for as many acres as u have?

The farm produce drying/processing machine seems cool too. please give more info: including plantain farm pics and machines that you have to:

area.fada@yahoo.com

PS: see my oil processing thread link: https://www.nairaland.com/1872160/groundnut-oil-palm-kernel-oil
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
Agro processing in NIGERIA now so
CAPtivating.
Our Cottage Agro processing (CAP) fund
provides Agro-processors with access to
finance and technology to convert our
agricultural products to economic
prosperity.
1. Single digit interest rate (9%)
2. 5 year loan tenor
3. 6-month moratorium
4. Guaranteed working capital
5. Speedy processing
To know if the CAP fits kindly visit
www.boinigeria.com/CAPfund
BANK OF INDUSTRY
...transforming Nigeria's industrial sector
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by mogentle(m): 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
AreaFada2:

Hi Gbenga,

I guess I'm late to begin this year but am still interested. How reliably can the plantain farm be managed for somebody living outside SW zone?

The 50k security cost, is it just for 1 acre or for as many acres as u have?

The farm produce drying/processing machine seems cool too. please give more info: including plantain farm pics and machines that you have to:

area.fada@yahoo.com
Re: The Goldmine In Plantain Farming – Regular Sources Of Income by boluwajokosegun: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2014
Please connect me on whatApp : 08182355047 for pictures or call 08136650972

I have treied many times to upload on NL but no way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) / Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.